PDA

View Full Version : I have a very unusual Friend....

Lede
Mar 5, 2004, 09:19 AM
O i wont say his name but i have a strang freind im not sure what to call him, selfish, shysty, or just playing take advantage, anyway hes a colllector o, so he has like 5 of every system like 6+ copies of most of his games he has alot is al i can say, so lets say i ask to borrow somthing he goes "o" now 2 days pass, i come back over his house we play fighters, this certain fighting game, ill beat him bad in, so after a while he gets up cause he has to go some where, then says "ima need that game back" i say "why" he says "cause i need it for somthing" wont tell me the reason. here is another....

lets say we are playing a fighter and the stick im using is bad for me, or i dont like it and he knows this, now lets say he has a stick i like to use and the exact same type of stick im using is sitting on the floor *extra one* if we are at a get together with a bunch of other freinds he will take out the good stick and put the other bad one in, since he has no problem with it.

if you have trouble understading any of that listen to this, a while back when pso was new he had let me borrow his GC and pso prior a week before this, now another homeboy of mine deceided to stop by my house instead of his at 1st before he came over he had called me "the 1st freind" and asked what i was doing i said nothing and then id go over there later that day, so freind comes over we play for a bit, all of a sudden he calls my second freinds cell phone, and asked him when is he coming over he said he will be later and he told him he was over my huse playing pso with me, so he hangs up, here is the messed up part 2 MINUTES LATER! HE calls my house and says...." i need that gc and pso back" i said wtf...why all of a sudden" he says..."cause i need it for somthing" i say "need it for what" he says 'cause i just need it i dont need a reason cause its mine, but he has 2 GCS jp and american sitting at his house ready to go, but he needs this one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif strange yes?

he also does other things like if you bring a controller over his thats in perfect shape and condition, he has one thats old and used he will SWITCH yours with his without you knowing.

there is alot more of this stuff but i dont want to post to much,

my queston is....what do you call this type of person, im thinking so many words but cant figure out which....in short his integrity is quite horrible. i understand its his stuff but why act that way about it.

thats my rant..i guess..

Armok
Mar 5, 2004, 10:17 AM
The word is spoiled. Is he an only child?

I'm sorry but anyone who has to win and have the best of everything is a spoiled brat.

I assume the pso situation is cause by:
You borrow a game off your friend.
Basically at the time he doesnt mind cos hes bored with it and has other 'better' games to play
You really get into the game and really enjoy playing it and such.
He gets envious of the fun your having while hes bored with what ever hes doing.
He demands the game back to spite you.

Now the reasons for him doing this are
A, If hes got the game you will be less happy
B, It puts him in a possition where he feels more important/better than you because he has what you want
C, He believes that by having the game back you will envy him.

All basically are just getting satifaction from the suffering of another.
I wouldnt be friends with someone like that personally.

Omni-Man
Mar 5, 2004, 11:07 AM
Ok im going out on a limb here:

This friend, does he have any physical deformity, disability or unusual ailment?

What I mean is, is he sickly? Handicapped? Just plain Obese?

If so, it is very possible that his method of self-validation is a bit "wonky", to use a medical term.

There are families where food is love; possessions, accomplishments, money, power, and yes even sex can be taught by the family as a valid (or the ONLY valid) canon for self respect and love.

It sounds like this "dude" is power-possessions taught; my advice is that he really isn't a friend and needs to be shown that what he has isn't what he is. If you can, distance yourself from him, and don't borrow ANYTHING no matter how tempting. If you catch him cheating or exploiting an unfair advantage at your expense, leave. If he gets mad, tell him something to the effect of "I don't enjoy playing games with someone who feels they need to cheat to win." If he continues to be an ass, then find yourself some higher caliber "friends".

Gah, soapboxes are addicting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Daikarin
Mar 5, 2004, 11:09 AM
Spoiled, indeed.

And Sire Lede, please try to structure your grammar a bit better, please. I'm not asking you to type like a King, but to use full stops and paragraphs.

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Ness
Mar 5, 2004, 12:40 PM
Please try to use proper sentence structure when you type (capitals, punctuation, etc).

Anyway....

I can think of two words to describe that kid:

Spoiled

Selfish

Lede
Mar 5, 2004, 12:59 PM
Well 1st of all he NEVER plays any of these games, they are just there, just to have em,

second no hes pretty normal, not fat, deformed or anything like that, he has a brother and even HE does not like the way he is.

whats so questinable is on rare occasions he will do nice things like help you out, like if he gets somthing to eat and you dont have any money he will get some food or offer you use somthingg granted if he gets mad he will tae what he gives you back in a matter of a few days. hes off and on and 3 of my other freinds also acknowledge the way he is, but one says to look past that.

to me its like its lie in his mind its all about him, he has everything while every one else has nothing.

and i am typing on a DC sont do complain about my "grammer" if you know what it says thats good enough.

hes also very attentive if you are taling to some one about somthing he will intterupt you and insight his on convo right in the middle of yours, ifyou playing something he dont like he will try to drag you so to speak to another room to show you what he is playing :I

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-03-05 10:02 ]</font>

KaFKa
Mar 5, 2004, 01:27 PM
first off, my advice is put into a simple sentence "dude, fuck you, if you're gonna be a bitch like that then i guess i'll just never see your punk ass again." blunt, yes, but i guarantee that'll solve your problems with him

and secondly, dont blame the medium for your shitty grammar skills. you have all the time in the world to type on these forums, so whats the rush?

Daikarin
Mar 5, 2004, 01:31 PM
On 2004-03-05 10:27, KaFKa wrote:
i guarantee that'll solve your problems with him

That will only bring him more trouble.

and secondly, dont blame the medium for your shitty grammar skills. you have all the time in the world to type on these forums, so whats the rush?

I know what it is to type on a DC with a modem. The fee for internet surfing is too high, probably the reason for his "Telegram post".

Unless, he has a BBA.

Lede
Mar 5, 2004, 02:52 PM
Shitty? my grammer skills are just fine, whats shitty is caring about shyt like what you just said, you try a DC and see how it feels, im not going to sit here and type one letter every 5 seconds just so it pops up right and no mistakes, i type real fast and it sometimes cant keep up, its readable so thats good enough for me. i dont like "grammer police" no one is perfect and it certainly isnt you.

and yes tha would make things ALOT worse,

Allos
Mar 5, 2004, 04:16 PM
The point is buddy that it's hard to keep track of what exactly you're saying if you just use commas. No one is trying to be a grammar nazi here.

AeraLure
Mar 5, 2004, 06:57 PM
Spoiled is indeed the word I would use. An only child that has always gotten what he wants from parents who are fairly successful is my guess. Its really a sign of insecurity, but played out in reverse, if you know what I mean.

And yes Lede, your grammar could use improvement (at least in this topic) as it was very hard to read. I do not intend to be grammar police either, but since someone else mentioned it, and you denied it, I thought I would voice a second opinion.

BlackHound2
Mar 5, 2004, 07:40 PM
I'm going to say that this person is either:

A)Spoiled

B)Abused in any way

C)Obviously he has some issues

D)All of the above

Pick one.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 5, 2004, 08:04 PM
Why in the hell are you his friend, for the person he is, or the stuff he has? Be honest, he sounds like a prick. Yet you keep going back. I think the one with the problem is you, have you no sense of pride. Why are you his "friend" really? And perhaps he feels the same, that he is only liked for the things he has, he definetely has selfesteem issues.

Lede
Mar 6, 2004, 02:02 AM
On 2004-03-05 17:04, Furankunichan wrote:
Why in the hell are you his friend, for the person he is, or the stuff he has? Be honest, he sounds like a prick. Yet you keep going back. I think the one with the problem is you, have you no sense of pride. Why are you his "friend" really? And perhaps he feels the same, that he is only liked for the things he has, he definetely has selfesteem issues.

No child i dont have a problem you dont know the FULL story cause he does act mellow and nice somtimes, i dont care what he has, and besides he ussualy has get to gethers where a bunch of other people come around, hes a strang one but still one, hes slowed down a bit on this but still acts like a retard some time, but saying i am the prob is just a retarded statment, good try tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lede on 2004-03-05 23:04 ]</font>

Lede
Mar 6, 2004, 02:05 AM
On 2004-03-05 13:16, Allos wrote:
The point is buddy that it's hard to keep track of what exactly you're saying if you just use commas. No one is trying to be a grammar nazi here.

yes but the point is i dont care, and neither does any one with a brain,

Allos
Mar 6, 2004, 10:29 AM
On 2004-03-05 23:05, Lede wrote:
and neither does any one with a brain,

Oh? Really? Guess someone hasn't read their own thread very well.

Hrith
Mar 6, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-03-05 23:05, Lede wrote:

On 2004-03-05 13:16, Allos wrote:

yes but the point is i dont care, and neither does any one with a brain,

Please, only talk for yourself, this is difficult enough.

No flaming/flamebaiting either.

Kiara
Mar 6, 2004, 01:18 PM
I didn't have a problem reading his posts.

I know how you feel. I used to know a guy like that, he ended up trying to get my best-friend to ditch me for him. Everyone has their prickish moments. (though some can last for years) Just think positive and try to over look it. But, if he tries to walk all over you, then just drop him, because he doesn't sound like he's worth it.

Just my two pennies.

_Sinue_
Mar 6, 2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with KaFkA on this one. You probably should too. I don't care how "Nice of a guy" this dude is on ocassion. If he were a decent person worth hanging around - he'd be like that all of the time. None of my friends would think twice about getting me something to eat if I was broke and they were at the drive-thru.. and vice versa. No expectations of payback, no rubbing in, no being an A-hole about it.

Now, I don't have to deal with people like your friend.. because I make it a point to surround myself with decent people and not really put up with stupid self-centered BS like that. I did have a friend once that was kinda like that. His family was always a little better off.. so whenever I'd get something, like a game console or a computer or whatnot.. he had to get one better. He always had to one-up me every chance he got. Expecially when playing games over the local BBS's. I whooped his ass at Rise of the Triad and he comes back writing nasty messages to me claiming it was someone else at the KB when I damn well know his typing style.

So what did I do? I let him know he was pushing his bounds. He didn't let up.. so I hit him and shoved him in a trash can.

Problem solved.

BlackHound2
Mar 7, 2004, 06:32 PM
I agree with _Sinue_ . Just show him if he doesn't change his ways there are going to be consequences.

*This happened to me, but the details are important only to me because the kid wrote the story of our abruptly ended friendship and got it copy writed*

opaopajr
Mar 9, 2004, 02:45 AM
this has to be high school. there's no other explanation for all the moodiness of this 'friend' and Lede's hypersensitivity to people asking him to improve his grammar. they have to be high schoolers, i just couldn't imagine them being 18+...

if so, high schoolers tend to have atrocious social skills and are notoriously moody. everything is taken personally at that age.

that said, i don't take such crap as an adult and would call someone on such crappy behavior. if it's still an issue thereafter, well, there's the door. there's plenty of cool people out there who aren't such moody s.o.b.'s constantly abusing friendships.

Armok
Mar 9, 2004, 09:25 AM
Don't say that kind of behaviour is children only. Adults in many ways can be far more selfish and often do things just to screw over others. They often are more bitter and nasty about it too and the sad thing is the understand what they are doing:

Heres an examples
A couple of years ago some Woman saw my friend on his first driving experence with his dad slightly and accidentally knock a lamp post. Bear in mind this has no benifit to herself in any way she notes down his licence plate number and complains to the counsil getting him a 1500 pound fine (which made my friend have to work on a building site at weekends for a year to repay). Now thats not being a good citizen, I've seen this lamp post and it didnt even have a proper dent bit of lost paint at best (which they didnt even bother to paint back on with the fine money). Thats just dislike of teenagers and being a bitter nasty person doing something like that.

BlackHound2
Mar 13, 2004, 11:38 AM
On 2004-03-08 23:45, opaopajr wrote:

there's plenty of cool people out there who aren't such moody s.o.b.'s constantly abusing friendships.

Who said anyone was abusing friendships?

hollowtip
Mar 14, 2004, 04:37 PM
I know what you mean man, I absolutely hate people like that.

They let you borrow something, and 2 or 3 days later they want it back for no apparent reason. WTF, it's not like I'm going to steal the game or anything, I don't see why some people are so ancy with their possessions. When I let someone borrow something, the only time I may ask for it back is after a year of the borrowing date, or even if I know I'll never use it again, I'll let the person just have whatever it was a gave him.

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 10:49 AM
first off, my advice is put into a simple sentence "dude, fuck you, if you're gonna be a bitch like that then i guess i'll just never see your punk ass again." blunt, yes, but i guarantee that'll solve your problems with him

Blah, what an asshole. If you wanna give some advice, be nice about it. I laughed my ass off when I read your post that ironically has a shit load of grammatical errors itself. Get an English degree then maybe you can come here and nag us about our grammar, or at least graduate high school first, kiddo.

I'm sorry that was too funny to let go.

On the topic: OMG I SHARE YOUR PAIN! My friends have borrowed so much shit from me and have never given it back. Like my Goldeneye for N64 *cries*. As of now, my videogame collection is like a fkn Blockbuster Video, but free. My cousin comes intvites his friends over and they play my videogames non-stop and play their damn sports games including my Madden. They then feel free to take my videogames whenever they want without asking even when I'm not there. "A yo, Major, can I borrow your PS2 for the weekend and lie and not bring it back for a week?" my cousin would say. And then I of course let him borrow it. He constantly plays on my XBOX Live probably fkn up my ratings on my videogames like I don't care.

We all have friends or people we know like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-19 07:57 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Mar 19, 2004, 10:56 AM
On 2004-03-19 07:49, Majadamus wrote:

Blah, what an asshole. If you wanna give some advice, be nice about it. I laughed my ass off when I read your post that ironically has a shit load of grammatical errors itself. Get an English degree then maybe you can come here and nag us about our grammar, or at least graduate high school first, kiddo.

You sure are one to talk. Why the need to say bad words to make a point? I don't remember any of my English courses requiring such foul language. And nowhere in the forum rules does it require members to have an English degree. If you play close attention, you will notice that not all members have the age to have an English degree, nor do they originate from English speaking countries. What is your problem, are you really that bored with your life that you need to point out such ludicrous details, especially in a post that is quite old?

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 11:04 AM
I can say all the damn bad words I like! Shit, fuck bitch, whatever, and there is nothing you can do about it.

What I was trying to say here was you shouldn't judge people when you're not in a position to judge. He talks shit about someone elses grammar when his sucks. And no you don't need to have an English degree to correct someone elses grammar. Even if he was from some other country he shouldn't come in here bad mouthing us.

Oh, ya, I seem to be the only one bored with my life responding to "old" posts, when you seem to be responding to mine.

pffft

BTW, I do not have a English degree http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I was just saying you need some credentials or something to try to come in here and be GRAMMAR NAZI!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-19 08:12 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Mar 19, 2004, 11:09 AM
On 2004-03-19 08:04, Majadamus wrote:
I can say all the damn bad words I like! Shit, fuck bitch, whatever, and there is nothing you can do about it.

What I was trying to say here was you shouldn't judge people when you're not in a position to judge. He talks shit about someone elses grammar when his sucks. And no you don't need to have an English degree to correct someone elses grammar. Even if he was from some other country he shouldn't come in here bad mouthing us.

Oh, ya, I seem to be the only one bored with my life responding to "old" posts, when you seem to be responding to mine.

pffft

Anyone can post in this forum, even ill people as yourself. And no one can stop your foul mouth, that is true, your parents couldn't educate you for sure that is obvious. And I only responded to this thread because you "bumped" it. Otherwise I would have not seen this post at all. You sure are new to this forum. And it appears you don't want any friends here also. Whatever gives you reason to exist, to each his own. Have a wonderful day.

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 11:16 AM
Hey, I'm sorry if I seemed like an A-hole, but I'm not going to bite my tounge for anyone.

LOL, as far as my parents teaching good manners or whatever, I think they taught me well...LOL. Don't bring my parents into this, it can get ugly...or uglier! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-19 08:29 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 19, 2004, 11:39 AM
Maja, you seen to be pretty grown up seeing as that you have an English degree in college to act like it. I agree you, however, in that people with bad grammar have to no right correct others (I don't think people should go around nitpicking in general).

LollipopLolita
Mar 19, 2004, 11:54 AM
stop with the flames and flamebaits here. lede, if you want advise, have a good attitude or people will get annoyed too.

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-03-19 08:39, Ness wrote:
Maja, you seen to be pretty grown up seeing as that you have an English degree in college to act like it. I agree you, however, in that people with bad grammar have to no right correct others (I don't think people should go around nitpicking in general).

Read my previous post, I said I wasn't an English major. I was thinking about majoring in it, but I realized English is too much writing about bullshit. And having a degree doesn't make you "grown up" or mature. I would never go around boasting, "Oh I have a degree! I know more than you, shut up and listen to me!" LOL! And I have had English teachers who have used foul language. Teachers especially in college use foul language no matter if they have a PH.D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-19 10:51 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 19, 2004, 02:39 PM
I was comparing you maturity to having a degree because if you are old enough to earn a degree are probably an adult.

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 03:40 PM
Ahhh....I see.

Muzzaro
Mar 25, 2004, 02:22 PM
I think I can akin to your friend there.

My friend is similar, barring the game lending. He will not let people back to his house, but of course he wants to visit yours. While there, he will act like he owns the place, including slouching over the sofa, playing on your consoles, or demanding to go on your PC.

When we play games, he has to win, or he will start sulking, and says "Well don't rub it in!". When he wins, he has to do a victory dance or two, punch the air, and then jibe about how he won, and it was pure skill. (this could be over a dice game too...)

When we try new games, if he doesn't win at it, he decides it's not good enough, and then will either buy said game and master it, or if it's in a card format (we play ccgs and minature games too), he will buy up multiples of each card, so he can have the best deck.

If we are out, he will offer to buy food for you, and drinks. However the price of this, is sitting in a pub, playing a game against someone who has no intention of losing. He will think nothing questioning any rules that stop him from winning, and will even question the rule-book, if it's brought into play. The moment you do something wrong, he is on you though, quoting the rule-books.

That is my friend. Each time I am out with him, or he comes back to my place, I don't enjoy it... Yet, because he is so generous with food, and presents at birthday/christmas (I am a student on a low income, he works at a game-store that sells everything from comics to console games, to ccgs and minatures), I feel endebted to play.

I just never feel good around him. If I win, my victory is lessened by the fact it was only "luck". If I lose, I get it rubbed into my face for a week.