PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sega, there is absolutely no excuse!!

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2001, 09:57 AM
Okay, I have seen many thieves stealing with the sole excuse that it was intended. At least Sega did. Yes, I have seen the "I will steal..." phrase, and yes, I know that Sega wanted thieves to be part of the game.

BULLSHIT!!!

For us gamers, this is a pain in the ass. Stealing on the excuse that Sega allows it is the lamest thing someone could come up with. Maybe Sega approves it, but gamers don't, and believe me, 150000 gamers can dish out more brute strength than 15 Sonic Team staffers.

Therefore, I do not give a cow's ASS if someone just says it's "legal" by Sega. Thieves suck and always will. Stealing is a deadly sin in my book, and those who proclaim they are proud to be thieves should get properly deleted as far as I am concerned.

Core
Apr 18, 2001, 10:20 AM
I agree with you! I don't know why sega alowed theifs without alowing you to defend your self! I belive that if a theif steals, the person that they steal from should be able to PK (hence the theif would have to run like hell or turn and fight) then it would only be fair. As it is right now the theifs have the advantege, Are only defense is to not die or play with the people you know.

Sheesh sega at least be give us a way to defend ourselves!

Rubius-sama
Apr 18, 2001, 11:22 AM
I agree w/you....

....and those who intend to use that lame ass "sega allows it" reason for an excuse....well, thats just sad..........

Lmnopia
Apr 18, 2001, 11:33 AM
yeah that does suck that you cant kill thoes egg sucking ninni's that enjoy stealing you're stuff (course i make an exception for dupers)

Rapscallion
Apr 18, 2001, 12:22 PM
i doubt sega planned this for version 2 but I would love to at least see a trading system similar to the one in Diablo 2. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

two players meet in a game and decide they want to trade items. up comes a screen with a bunch of blank spots which let you drop items into those spots so both parties can see the stats on what's for trade. They agree on what will be traded, agree to the terms by clicking an agree button and shazam! the transaction is made. No items fall to the ground for scum sucking thieves to run up and grab.

and I can guarantee you that Sega never intended the game to include thieving bastards. The weapon and money dropping to the ground has to be an oversight in the design. I would much rather lose a percentage of experience when I die than drop my gear. That's just bad....

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2001, 12:42 PM
best thing they could do is release an item in the shop that when your and killed forms a shield around your items for a few miniutes so you have time to come back and get them before someone can steal them..

Evic
Apr 18, 2001, 01:04 PM
This is what I do when Trading:

I either
1) Have a medium that we bot htrust. We both give the items to him and he swaps them, but this could turn out bad if he's not trustworthy.

2) Start a Passworded game, both join. Get the item to trade - one person stands at the Prinsipals teley, the other near the bank and shops. They drop all the items to be traded and thene run to what they are getting. You're close enough you can see everything being dropped yet far enough they can't grab everything.

There are some faults in these methods: them dropping 1 Meseta instead of 100000. Them dropping a Barrier instead of Super-Duper Lasagna Eater Killer God Guy Shield (LOL).

But, it works alright! I only trade with people I cna trust anywayz...

Axeman
Apr 18, 2001, 03:40 PM
I agree completely with Rapscallion. I was very much hoping that PSO would have a trading system like Diablo 2 does. When I saw that you have to drop items on the ground and be completely trusting... I was a bit disappointed to say the least.

Glider
Apr 18, 2001, 04:03 PM
Stealing is wrong, but it is a part of the game. Why do you think "I will steal...." is in the world chat? Why do you think you drop your weapon and money when you die? Is it a bug? Did someone just make a mistake? No. The fact is, stealing while annoying, adds something to the game. It makes your life worth something when you're with strangers. I'm sure a lot of you are going bitch at me for this, but I'm glad stealing is in. It adds a new element to the game and spices it up.

Note: I am not saying stealing is right or Ok.

And enougth with the whining.

Core
Apr 18, 2001, 04:13 PM
hmmm good ideas except there always seems to be a way around them...

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2001, 04:24 PM
Will someone REPEAT and EXPLAIN to Glider what I just said?! If you consider thieves "spicing up the game" then I am ready to eat 5 grams of wasabi if it's that what it takes to get rid of thieves altogether. I don't play PSO to get stuff taken from me, and I am sure a lot of us here share my opinion.

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2001, 04:29 PM
Will someone REPEAT and EXPLAIN to Glider what I just said?! If you consider thieves "spicing up the game" then I am ready to eat 5 grams of wasabi if it's that what it takes to get rid of thieves altogether. I don't play PSO to get stuff taken from me, and I am sure a lot of us here share my opinion.

Loki
Apr 18, 2001, 04:33 PM
dude, quit whining. its obvious that theiving was put into the game on purpose. does that make it cool to steal? no of course not. but the work around is to either a. dont be a dumbass and let yourself get in a situation where you may die while playing with people you dont know b. dont trade with people you dont know. what you cant do is complain to sega. like they care.

KodiaX987
Apr 18, 2001, 04:34 PM

killerb255
Apr 18, 2001, 06:46 PM
One thing that Sega can do is to do like Everquest: when you die, you leave your "corpse" behind. ONLY the person who died can pick up the items left behind.

Of course the corpse idea is kinda stupid, so perhaps you can drop your items, but only the person who drops the items can retrieve them.

This serves two-fold:

1) It still penalizes people for dying: still have to go back and get that Heaven's Punisher or something.

2) Thieves will be no more.

HAND.