PDA

View Full Version : joy of election year

Jehosaphaty
Mar 7, 2004, 04:31 PM
my answering machine sits next to the computer, and everyday after school and work i come home to find it loaded with messages from our local senator/representative/coroner/or watever...i hate election years. their taped voices and happy messages want to make me want to scream and then unplug the machine. (and maybe grafiti a few campaign signs) if anything, it makes me want to not give them my vote....does anyone else feel that way? i mean i wouldnt mind one or two taped messages but its to the point of being really annoying now. so much for any publicity is good publicity.

Hrith
Mar 7, 2004, 04:35 PM
People can call you for campaign ads ? no way that exists in France =/

-Luke-
Mar 7, 2004, 04:54 PM
Hooray for government spam bots! w00tness!

Outrider
Mar 7, 2004, 07:22 PM
My friend stole a large campaign sign for some judge. Why? Because in huge letters it said "LUST", which happened to be the guy's last name.

Sord
Mar 7, 2004, 07:36 PM
just get caller ID, and pitch the machine

Jehosaphaty
Mar 7, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-03-07 16:36, Sord wrote:
just get caller ID, and pitch the machine

so then i get my messages how?...besides caller id costs extra moolah, and i dont havit as a student

Kiara
Mar 8, 2004, 12:36 AM
That *sigh* is why you need a cell phone or a beeper. That or you unplug the machine during business hours (which defeats the purpose of having the machine : /). Can't you sue for that?

anwserman
Mar 8, 2004, 12:39 AM
Look, if i'm gonna vote for somebody, I'm gonna vote for somebody who I research for.. NOT somebody who can harass me with the most phone calls.

_Sinue_
Mar 8, 2004, 05:17 AM
Coroners have happy cheerful voices? I always figured they sounded like.. you know.. Vincent Price and shit. All creepy and melodramatic. I wouldn't trust a happy coroner. That's like, one of the worst jobs to have right along with mortician.

HotWaterDeath
Mar 9, 2004, 01:28 PM
You forgot to mention the infamous Maginot Line.

But France counteracts the crappyness of the Maginot Line with their production of Dischord Records materials. Dischord = Best record label in the world.

Elections suck. Funding sucks. Democrats and Republicans are both funded by the same evil corporations, yet they both vehemently deny any contact with such organizations (Hey, I guess that's one thing they have in common). So, when is the underground going to construct a cybernetic-terror-suit for Ralph Nader - so he officially conquer planet Earth? Nader Vs. Mankind. Nader by a hair.

Jehosaphaty
Mar 9, 2004, 04:50 PM
On 2004-03-09 10:28, HotWaterDeath wrote:

Nader Vs. Mankind.

riight...maybe rosie odonald and her lady friend will save us. ya know theyre married now, maybe we do need nader to purge our world of these unthinkable evils...then again, nah long live democrazy

Solstis
Mar 9, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-03-09 13:50, Jehosaphaty wrote:

On 2004-03-09 10:28, HotWaterDeath wrote:

Nader Vs. Mankind.

riight...maybe rosie odonald and her lady friend will save us. ya know theyre married now, maybe we do need nader to purge our world of these unthinkable evils...then again, nah long live democrazy

It won't be long before Nader publicly reveals that he has been a Republican the whole time.

He's being paid to screw over the Dems. and we're on to him!

Jehosaphaty
Mar 9, 2004, 07:30 PM
i would say nader is like that horse thats in the race whos out of his prime and doenst have anything left in the backstretch, but--wait yeah he is. his runnin is screwing over the demos tho ha.

undevil
Mar 9, 2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah I love the guy. Thanks Nader!

Al Gore should die.

Jehosaphaty
Mar 9, 2004, 10:40 PM
so im sitting around tonite, enjoying a lil boobtoob, when the fone rings. guess who? ur friendly ahole running for watever. all i remember hearing was this persons campaign that was like this person was being mean and untrue about our candidate. dont believe them honest, we tell the truth unlike them.....grr