PDA

View Full Version : Commander? *kicks EP3 Characters*

Skuda
Mar 8, 2004, 03:27 PM
I love ep3...one thing I grudginly dilike about it, I don't get to battle with MY characters. Sure, I'd have to make them look older from ep 1&2 (which I did) but not battling make the character making kind of usless. I wanted to summon monsters with my own characters, not some cast of characters that are the same on ever game! What's the fun in that?

navci
Mar 8, 2004, 04:34 PM
Well one of the thing about that, aside from the story issue is that, I guess if you do it by your own character, the special ability of the S-characters won't work as nice.

Like, now, you can know them, and pick them as you wish. If it was you to do the attacking, I guess you won't have ability? I dunno, my brain is foggy.

Nai_Calus
Mar 8, 2004, 04:39 PM
It could have been done by keeping the stats/ability sets as they are now, and setting them for a character class. So if you made a Heroside FOmar char, he'd have the same stats/abilities that Rel'mitos has now, or if you made and Arkz HUmar, he'd have Endu's stats/abilities(And I suppose the weapons the Arkz have to attack with would stay the same, too.)

It is kind of annoying, though, most of the NPCs are ugly. I wanna see my older Ian floating around on the field with a Rati. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

navci
Mar 8, 2004, 04:49 PM
But if it works that way, your choice of deck would be very limited (unless you gonna go buy a ton of memeory card) and it'd be hard to carry out the story.

I don't know. *shrugg*

Uncle_bob
Mar 8, 2004, 05:20 PM
On 2004-03-08 13:39, Ian-KunX wrote:
It could have been done by keeping the stats/ability sets as they are now, and setting them for a character class. So if you made a Heroside FOmar char, he'd have the same stats/abilities that Rel'mitos has now, or if you made and Arkz HUmar, he'd have Endu's stats/abilities(And I suppose the weapons the Arkz have to attack with would stay the same, too.)

It is kind of annoying, though, most of the NPCs are ugly. I wanna see my older Ian floating around on the field with a Rati. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Uncle couldn't have said it any better himself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif It's rediculous that Ep3'ers are forced to use goofy looking characters. *cough, hero side fomar and hunewearl*

Outrider
Mar 8, 2004, 05:29 PM
Don't have the game, but I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only person who's making older versions of their characters for the game. Heck, I've even been figuring out the backstory for what happened inbetween episodes.

PJ
Mar 8, 2004, 08:08 PM
On 2004-03-08 14:20, Uncle_bob wrote:
*cough, hero side fomar and hunewearl*

Relmitos and Sil'fer are cool! [Now I'm not gonna defend the Hero Side RAmar/Arkz HUnewearl >_>]

I thik hey should have SRank Cards of your characters... since I don't have the game, I don't have a clue how those character cards work, but they could jsut have a HUmar drawing with your hair style/color and costume color (HUmar just being an example).

navci
Mar 8, 2004, 08:12 PM
What!? *defend Kranz*
I don't like RAmar, but Kranz is cute. That is a fact.
*molest Kranz, get killed by Ino'lis*

Arislan
Mar 8, 2004, 08:26 PM
Well, with the way this game works, you are MUCH better off having a standard character for the lobbies and such and having Story Characters doing the fighting.

1- From a Story Line point of view, you play basically what the role of Elly was in the last game. The dice rolls simulate how much power you can send down to activate those cards. Each turn it differes, which represents the ulses of power that come from the interaction of the Photon Energy and the still imprefect C.A.R.D. technology.

2- From a Gameplay standpoint. You have a FOmar run down to the planet, and you play as him. What specials does he have? Probably none, and he's a Gluster clone, for the sake of game balance. And now you have a single possible character to play with. You get a Double Canon card. Neat! But sorry, you can't use it, you're a FOmar. And good luck getting another, they're rare. So start again with a HUmar. Now you get a Madam's Umbrella +. Son of a!

And we're not even getting into how they'd have to play balance Arkz. You'd have to set it so Forces can not use Mines enemy cards or somesuch. Blah. With the amount of level building and gameplay involved in even getting as far as most are to get the cards that we've gained, you'd need to play for over 12,000 hours to be able to have a CHANCE to get all the cards and be able to use all the cards you've gained. No, that was no exaggeration.

You may not like not being able to use your own character in battle, but it was done for a very good reason. And there's no telling what may happen coming up. There are template cards, we could very easily see a downloadble quest that places our avatars down on the planet using those cards.

navci
Mar 8, 2004, 08:29 PM
You are so wise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Mar 8, 2004, 08:56 PM
This is true, but I'm talking of how it could have been done differently. Perhaps they could change it to having E, S and SS cards tradable among characters on the same card, or tie it to the serial #/access key to allow more than one card. For the sake of not needing 6 memory cards, you could be able to use the character as both a Hunter or an Arkz, with seperate stats for each. Class abilities/stats would be set, so a HUcaseal would always be basically Saligun/Reiz with a different model. Not being tradable already makes things annoying, what if you get that Madam's Umbrella +, but you only play as Arkz? While your friend gets *uber monster card* and only plays Hunters? Well, that's kind of useless to you already, isn't it? I'm just stating an idea of how it could concievably be done without being broken, and without forcing me to stare at Viviana's panties for six hours straight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The implementation would have had to be changed a bit, particularily on the storyline and how it's carried out, but it could still have been done. It wouldn't have been -exactly- the way it is now, some things of course would have had to be changed.

Anyway, I'm personally OK with it, but I would have liked to be able to use Ian a bit, lol.