"Patient's name?"
"Zelgadis."
"Section ID?"
"Whitill."
"Class?"
"FOmar."
"And you are?"
"His friend, Saigan."
The Newman nurse nodded a thanks as she finished punching information into her computer. Saigan smiled at her and made himself look obviously interested in her, "is that all?"
She glanced at Saigan with a slight hint of interest, "depends… did anything else need addressing?"
Saigan smiled charmingly, "would you allow me to be forward with you miss?" She nodded, now he had certainly piqued her interest. Saigan raised an eyebrow approvingly, "I find you to be quite attractive and would like to take you to dinner so we could get to know each other better."
"Hmm… I don't know. I think I know your type Saigan…"
Saigan nodded, being outrageously handsome does have a drawback… he thought to himself. "If I can get you to laugh will you consider it?"
She smiled, "sounds like a fun game."
Saigan stood up with a wink, "really? Cause I know some other fun games!"

"What happened to your face Saigan?"
Saigan glared at Alexis with one eye over his swollen cheek. "My mouth started speaking without running it by my brain first."
Alexis chuckled to herself and ordered another drink, the Body Count café was remarkably quiet today. The only other customer was a tall red combat HUcast lounging in the corner. "What happened to Zelgadis anyway? I didn't think to worry about him, that dragon turned out to not be so dangerous."
Saigan smirked and chewed a bite of his burger. "It fell on him."
"You're kidding, how did that happen?"
"He saw that you were using a Baranz Launcher and could resist comment on your nice big guns. Zelgadis ignores his surroundings while he's attempting to court someone."
Alexis glared at Saigan, "are you two brothers or something?"
"No- why do you ask?" he said forcing a weak smile.
"The both of you are failed pimp FOmars, and you ask me why I ask."
Saigan laughed and checked out a FOmarl that just entered the room, "we're both fans of fine art is all."
Alexis glanced over her shoulder to see what Saigan appeared to be inspecting; she turned back to him after confirming it was a woman. "I will shoot you someday."
Saigan nodded watching his target sit down, "I don't doubt that."
Alexis downed the rest of her drink and stood bolt upright like she'd forgotten something. Saigan nearly fell out of her chair, "what, now?! I haven't done anything!"
"Not that you fool, did you warn the nurses about Zelgadis?"
Saigan thought about it for a second, "Oh no… I didn't!"
The two burst through the doors of the Body Count and ran headlong through the streets of Pioneer 2 before crashing into the medical center; no one was immediately available. "Saigan, where's the infirmary?"
Saigan pointed to one of the doors in the back of the room, "we may already be too late."
Alexis nodded and approached the door, "here's hoping we aren't." With that, she kicked open the door.
Saigan almost doubled over laughing at the site that awaited them, Zelgadis, complete in hospital gown was clinging to one of the nurse's legs, his tail waving madly in the air. The nurse he happened to have attached himself to was desperately trying to beat him off with a clipboard, the other three nurses that were present were pulling on his legs in a futile attempt to get him back in bed. Zelgadis was cackling like a madman.
Alexis pulled out her Yasminkovs and walked up to Zelgadis and squatted down placing one of the cold guns under his chin. "I think you must be all better now Zelgadis, you're being released."
The look that Zel shot back could have melted ice, he started crying and his bottom lip shot forward in a pout.
Alexis grimaced and pushed the gun into his throat, "what is THAT look for?"
"I'm… so…happy! Please don't take me away from the pretty girls!"
Saigan stepped forward and patted Alexis's shoulder, "Zel, we have our own pretty girl-" He was cut short as the other Yasminkov was forced into his mouth.
Alexis glared once more at him. "Finish that sentence. I dare you to."
Saigan's eyes teared up almost immediately… "mmmmph…"

So now the three found themselves at the Body Count for the third time that day, Saigan and Zelgadis being forced into good behavior by the watchful eye of Alexis. Zel was practically twitching, now that the two were being good the number of women entering and leaving the café had almost tripled.
"This… isn't… fair…" whined Zel as yet another cute HUnewearl sidled by him.
"That's too bad," stated Alexis. "I'll teach both of you manners AND patience. Plus there's a client who's meeting us here, she's extremely well bred and I can't have to two of you humping the lags of every female who walks by." Zel pouted again and slouch down like a five-year-old about to have a temper tantrum.
Saigan allowed himself to laugh aloud at this for a moment and glanced at Alexis curiously, "wait a second… when did you take an interest in keeping tabs on us? In fact, when did you decide to even hang out with us?"
Zel sat up now interested in the conversation. "If you're attracted to me just say so, even if your embarrassed about your feelings we can just skip that part and go back to my place to-"
CRACK
Zelgadis twitched for a minute as he put a hand to his head where Alexis's gun had struck him and passed out. Saigan raised a brow and sipped his drink, "was that at all necessary?"
Alexis nodded and placed the gun on the table, "I think I need to leave this out around the two of you.
Saigan nodded, "so… why are you here with us? Fighting the dragon together was a strategically acceptable thing to do, it made all of our jobs easier. But why are you sticking around like an old friend."
"As much as it will boost your ego to say this I don't know any Forces near as powerful as you or Zel. I saw your fight near the dome; those creatures never stood a chance. Even experienced Hunters like myself would have had to take their time… even make multiple trips to clear out those beasts. You and Zelgadis simply ran in and annihilated them without breaking a sweat."
Saigan nodded, "there's more than that. I may act it sometimes but I'm no fool."
Alexis nodded and continued, "most Forces spend their entire lives becoming cool and collected to bolster their abilities. They exude an air around them that almost demands respect… the two of you are the opposite. You're loud, lack charisma, and juvenile… but you have more power than you know what to do with."
"You're wrong…" stated Saigan looking away from her. He was watching the door. Alexis glanced up, waiting for his response. "I'm not so sure about Zel but I was one of those Forces that you spoke of. I commanded a lot of respect; it also helped that I'm one of the head lab chiefs in the technology department… I could simply make a request and it would be taken as if it were an order from Tyrell himself."
Alexis nodded, "why'd you change then?"
"It wasn't fun…"
Alexis stopped eating to listen more closely.
"One day we got a new assistant, it was shortly after those Hunters killed that… thing in the ruins. Her name was Aris; she was a HUnewearl and had apparently been injured shortly before the battle so she missed out on the glory. I asked her how that could be a reason to work under me in the tech department… did you see that article about creating androids that could breed?"
Alexis nodded.
"I was the one who wrote that thesis. Aris believed in my work more than I did and thought that if she was one of the people who could give artificial life the ability to procreate she would get to taste some of the glory. Glory that she missed out on due to her injury.
"One day, she told me out of the blue that she loved me. I was baffled by this new kind of attention and asked her why. It was because my charm was leaking through the respect I had. That was her reason, she convinced me to drop the wall of seriousness for her so she could meet Saigan, not Saigan the FOmar. That's who I am now, Saigan. Not Saigan the force, just Saigan."
Alexis nodded and checked her watch, "the client should be here any beat now. So what happened with you and Aris?"
Saigan didn't so much as blink as he gave his response, "she's dead."
Alexis nodded once more and glanced at the door, "the client is here."
Saigan looked up in shock, "what's this about?"
Alexis smiled, "you asked why I've been hanging around you and Zel? I was hired to find you and keep track of you so she could see you. It's rude to distance yourself."
Saigan gulped, Arisenta, the woman he had spoken to over the BEE was standing at the door of Body Count looking for him. She was an extremely attractive HUcaseal with a human face and red hair. Her body was black, red, white and suited for fighting. Immediately he dived under the table, "Alexis, I may have to kill you for this."
Alexis ducked her head down to speak with him, "she didn't tell me why to find you… Is she a stalker?"
Saigan shook his head, "I don't see her as one, just someone who happens to be in touch with her emotions to the point where it's painful."
"Broken heart?"
Saigan shivered, "I mean physical pain. She forgets that she's a fighter first and hugs with the strength of one."
"Alexis, I thought you said he was here with you?"
Alexis reared back and greeted her client with a guilty smile, "oh hi Arisenta! He said he'd be back in a minute." Alexis gave Saigan a swift kick to get moving, but no sooner than he had turned around Arisenta took his seat… and his point of escape.
Damn! I'm trapped! Saigan gave himself a mental kick for not running in terror at first sight of her. It wasn't that he didn't like her, but the first time they tried to get cozy she hospitalized him. When she tried to hug him and apologize… he was hospitalized again; it was a brutal circle. One that he had escaped from a few weeks ago, he even called her via BEE to explain and keep in touch with the lab and he thought she was fine with that. Evidently not.

Sord
Mar 9, 2004, 07:59 PM
post this in the Chapter 1 thread and change the thread name to Chapter Two using the edit click-it under your first post.

MQuantum
Mar 9, 2004, 09:00 PM
yep, put this in same thread as Chapter 1.

more organized, ya see, and less for Hikosaka to weed through.

Also, you still have a problem with MS word changing your "..." (elipses) into quotation marks.

If you go into the TOOLS section, go to AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS, then unclick REPLACE TEXT AS YOU TYPE. That way it will not change those and leave them as three periods, and also not change words you mean to be something into something else.

You can always change it back if you don't like it.

keep up the good work!