PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Arts.

anwserman
Mar 12, 2004, 03:24 PM
The asses.

For the PS2 version of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", there will be four exclusive EyeToy games packaged in.

EA is supporting this gimmick and not supporting X-Box Live? What a bunch of asses.

MORE PEOPLE PLAY ON XBOX LIVE THEN WILL EVER OWN AN EYETOY!!!!!

PJ
Mar 12, 2004, 03:40 PM
To be fair, how many people will buy HP: PoA/Eyetoy? Both seem pretty useless to me by far =/

Still, you're probably right, but other than downloadable content, what else would you use live in a Harry Potter game?

EDIT: Far, fair, what's the difference? -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-03-12 12:42 ]</font>

Sord
Mar 12, 2004, 03:43 PM
i know eye-toy is coming out with a sword game. You have a sword prop, and monsters apear on the screen and you have to actually "cut" them. It was in the last EP3.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 12, 2004, 04:09 PM
Alot of people who would buy Harry Potter in the UK are also the people who own an Eyetoy, so maybe it makes sense to EA to release the game with the Eyetoy games. And as i understand Eyetoy actually does need some more games.

And isnt it because EA wants to make money by themselves that they dont support Xbox Live? Theyve always seemed like money grabbers to me.

shifter
Mar 12, 2004, 07:08 PM
what the hell? to me, that doesnt make to much sence. if i were to run a cumpany, id want it to be as popular as possible. by doing this, you really piss of a lot of gamers. now a days, online gaming is a big selling point for some games. by not using youre companys resources to there fullest, you not only put yourself at a disadvantage, but piss off youre fan base for not doing so(hope nintendo is reading this).

but on a side note, does EA make a lot of games for the box(not too familiar with it)? i thought that they were primarily making games for PS2, and if thats the case, then this might be a way to bring people back to PS fold. or it may just be easier to make something for that eyetoy than it is to make an online extra.

Ness
Mar 12, 2004, 07:36 PM
Well that's probably because EA and Square are the same company and Sony still has Square eating out of its hand.

anwserman
Mar 12, 2004, 08:37 PM
Look, this is why EA pisses me off.

They make the game for the hardest platform, the PS2. Then, since the Gamecube and X-Box are easy consoles to program for, they make half-assed ports onto those systems.

There is NO REASON WHY SSX3 DIDN'T HAVE X-BOX LIVE SUPPORT WHEN THE PS2 VERSION HAS ONLINE PLAY.... why spend the extra two months worth of development time and cost when you can release the game early, shortchange the customers and get more bang from YOUR buck.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 12, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-03-12 17:37, anwserman wrote:
why spend the extra two months worth of development time and cost when you can release the game early, shortchange the customers and get more bang from YOUR buck.

Because thats what EA does. How many rehash's of an old game do we see (Fifa 2004, now with new theme song and colour, John Madden 2004, now with shinier helmets), how many lame assed addons (The Sims on Vacation, if we put in some furniture you can download for free of the net and a couple more skins, people will buy it) and how many weak liscense's (James Bond Agent Underfire) must we see from them?

'EA, the pop industry of gaming'-said by me!

Zolpner
Mar 12, 2004, 10:03 PM
ugh.. apparently Battlefield 1942 is goin to XBox with Xbox live support.... I duno if it was just a rumour but New Zealands largest gaming store picked up on it.

anwserman
Mar 12, 2004, 10:10 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031105l.gif

Whoever said, for every occasion there is a PA comic strip, is brilliant.

Outrider
Mar 13, 2004, 03:14 AM
On 2004-03-12 16:36, Ness wrote:
Well that's probably because EA and Square are the same company and Sony still has Square eating out of its hand.

Not true. EA and Square went their separate ways in 2003 so Square could merge with Enix.

On 2004-03-12 19:10, anwserman wrote:

Well, Dyl said it a while ago... and I quoted him last week. Meh.

The whole thing is that EA signed a deal with Sony saying that they could have exclusive rights to online play with their games for a year, I believe. I did hear about the Battlefield 1942 stuff... not sure how they worked that out.

Armok
Mar 13, 2004, 08:53 AM
EA are shit, they make shit games, they then release shit cheap follow ups.

They waste great game licences such as James bond and others.

Also they never spend more than 1 year on a game so they all feel rushed and untested for bugs and such.

Some companys like Blizzard spend more time tweaking games at the testing stage than EA do even making them.

Basically EA represent game producing as a business rather as an creative art form.

Majadamus
Mar 17, 2004, 10:39 PM
EA has made some good games like the Lord of The Rings: Return of The King, Madden 2004, and the Sims series. Can't forget about those. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif EA does not suck right now, but they will because they're making a fighting with marvel characters and EA characters!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Fucking biters off of Marvel vs. Capcom!

SJ
Mar 18, 2004, 06:08 AM
Personally I quite like James Bond : Nightfire....
But anyway Microsoft arn't gunna buy ea.
Why?
Quite simply,cos Bill Gates is lazy and money hungry.
Microsoft only made the xbox to take on the ps2 and to get EVEN more cash...
The games you get with xbox packages are in paper cases which means hes either really tight on dosh or just wants to be as rich as he can.

Id like to see him buy EA, but he just couldn't part with his money for something like that.....

Armok
Mar 18, 2004, 10:00 AM
On 2004-03-17 19:39, Majadamus wrote:
EA has made some good games like the Lord of The Rings: Return of The King, Madden 2004, and the Sims series. Can't forget about those. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif EA does not suck right now, but they will because they're making a fighting with marvel characters and EA characters!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Fucking biters off of Marvel vs. Capcom!

Just imagine if a decent devolper had got the LotR franchise.

We could have
Online rpg Lotr games
Real Time strat games
and
LotR's car racer game.

insted all we get is a cheap beat em up a like action game.

anwserman
Mar 18, 2004, 12:14 PM
On 2004-03-18 03:08, SJ wrote:
Why?
The games you get with xbox packages are in paper cases which means hes either really tight on dosh or just wants to be as rich as he can.

Id like to see him buy EA, but he just couldn't part with his money for something like that.....

Actually, Microsoft loses a bucket of money on each X-Box they sell. And the games that I've gotten with my X-Box package was Sega GT 2002/JSRF and that was in a standard X-Box DVD box.

Aular
Mar 18, 2004, 02:56 PM
Actually, Microsoft loses a bucket of money on each X-Box they sell.

Yup. Xbox is really just another step in their plan for Total World Domination.

Aular

Aular
Mar 18, 2004, 02:56 PM
On 2004-03-12 19:10, anwserman wrote:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031105l.gif

PA is awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Aular

Outrider
Mar 18, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-03-18 07:00, Armok wrote:
Online rpg Lotr games
Real Time strat games

Those are real games, though. They're being made. Not by EA, but they're being made. For the PC, I think.

Genoa
Mar 18, 2004, 09:16 PM
Hey EA makes the 007 games (disregarding Goldeneye) so EA is cool now. Everything or Nothing is sweet!

SJ
Mar 19, 2004, 03:59 AM
On 2004-03-18 09:14, anwserman wrote:

On 2004-03-18 03:08, SJ wrote:
Why?

Actually, Microsoft loses a bucket of money on each X-Box they sell. And the games that I've gotten with my X-Box package was Sega GT 2002/JSRF and that was in a standard X-Box DVD box.

You got real cases!?!?
....lucky....
But as Aular said they want to take over the world.
Oh and in my stupid mind I reckon Mr. Gates will take all the earths money, destroy the earth and replace it with a new planet that looks like a pc.

Pancake
Mar 21, 2004, 01:49 AM
Lets face it, most casual gamers own a PS2, most gamers today sadly ARE casual gamers, most EA games suck and are for casual gamers. I mean, the Sims got old after the first game and look at it still sell well. The onyl good EA games are the Sports ones.

Thepandaman
Mar 21, 2004, 12:05 PM
I have lost faith in the EA NFS series, the last good one was NFS V. Now all the NFS games are just yet more urban street racing games, and although that's where a lot of the market is, I don't think they're very good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and the only recent EA game I've liked has been simcity 4, which is very good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Ness
Mar 21, 2004, 12:44 PM
On 2004-03-13 00:14, Outrider wrote:

Not true. EA and Square went their separate ways in 2003 so Square could merge with Enix.

Either way, EA is still just another one of Sony's puppets.

Outrider
Mar 21, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-03-21 09:44, Ness wrote:

On 2004-03-13 00:14, Outrider wrote:

Either way, EA is still just another one of Sony's puppets.

Err... why's that again? I'd figure after that deal they signed with Nintendo, it'd be a bit harder to say so.

Honestly, EA is a business, and they know they'll make the most money making games for Sony consoles. There ya go, problem solved.

Pancake
Mar 21, 2004, 05:25 PM
Actually, EA likes to handle it's own online servers. Thats the reason why it won't support live (They don't want MS running it)