PDA

View Full Version : Worse than BSOD!

Telstar
Apr 19, 2001, 07:16 AM
Has any1 else had this problem? I was playing last night and lag was bad (1 player was invisible except for his speech), when 1 teammate froze up. I typed in a message about it all going tits-up when my DC reset itself! No chance to save any unequipped items, including a spare mag up to high level http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif
Whats this all about? I've never had BSOD, just quick second flashes of BS and disconnections, but this seems a bit more serious. I'm a EU player so i don't know if that makes a difference... and my DC has NEVER done that before...

Anonymous
Apr 19, 2001, 05:34 PM
That happened to me several times, and the last time I lost my Lv 78 character.
That sucks!!!

SuperSubZero
Apr 20, 2001, 02:32 AM
I had a game I was in when my DSL choked and dropped completely. My game didn't freeze but the other players (now no longer in my game) had frozen characters in the game with me.

This is when the evil side of my conscious said I should have had a PK code of some kind. To the other players, I'm sure I vanished, but there they were, spirits on my monitor, frozen. I could have PK'd them and had nice items as a result, and nobody would have gotten hurt.

But no.. I don't have any kind of thing since I am 100% legit and all. So I stared at them for a moment, caressed the blue double saber the one guy had clutched in his icy frozen hands, and then quit out quickly before something DID mess up my game.

Still giving the "good conscious angel" a dirty look,
-SSZ

Anonymous
Apr 20, 2001, 05:48 AM
How about this for being worst than the BSOD.....I got disconnected (booted) and my lvl 70 save got corrupted just like that. I never saw this one coming. Does ANYONE know of any way to recover my character?

drewdogg77 lvl 70 RaMar

[email protected]

MechDan
Apr 20, 2001, 02:04 PM
If you're lagged so that the other characters are frozen, you won't be able to pick up any items anyway.

Jeno
Apr 21, 2001, 07:20 PM
this has happend to me the first time that i got online on pso, the instant black screen of death.

Anonymous
Apr 22, 2001, 03:11 PM
you guys think you got it bad? hehe , just today.. i was playing with my lvl 86 RaCast with many many rares, and tons of money.. i was playin inside the mines and innocently wanted to return to town. As I went up the telepipe the loading took longer then usual.. i left it there for about 20 minutes.. and decided to turn off my dc (yes i know.. i hear NOW that, that was a bad move) anyway.. i loaded up my char luckily.. tried to go online.. but it was stuck at the loading screen again before i could even select my ship!! I this time.. unplugged the phone line.. and unplugged my dc. Then i tried to play offline and that was also stuck at the loading screen. I heard of bsod or what-not before.. so i tried to create a new character.. all i press was new game.. and the cinematic shows up.. I skip it and the screen turns black!!! I tried this twice ending up with the same result. I dont think i'm dealing with a currupted file people, But a currupted game!! i need help!!

R.I.P BiShOp RaCast lvl 86

Anonymous
Apr 24, 2001, 12:50 AM
Oh ya, like in the first week of having the game that reset thing happened. I loaded up my character and noticed that my inventory was totally emty. I quit and reset(ed?) my DC. At the load screen it said the file was unplayable. So I had to start from scratch. Okay, I was at level 20 and all of a sudden the BSOD hit me. Yay! But of course at this time nobody really knew what to do so I unfortunately turned off my DC. There goes my second file. My third, I was at level 40 playing with my friend. I used a telepipe and got stuck in loading screen. After 10 minutes I turned off DC (still before BSOD solution was found, but I don't think unplugging would help anyway). Well I tried to start my DC right? And guess what? It would keep on loading at the Sonic Team logo and would never go farther. I unplugged DC and let it cool off overnight thinking I was just playing too much. Well, DC port burnt out two days after incident forcing me to buy new DC and PSO still isn't working. Now I gotta spend $150 to get new DC and PSO and I'm not even sure if I should buy the game again. If I do I will never see all my friends again anyway because of the different Registration and Access Numbers. I want to get PSO ver.2 because I heard of all the updates and stuff but guess what? I have to but PSO first! Beat that!