PDA

View Full Version : player killing and banning of serial number

segagameplay
Feb 20, 2001, 05:09 AM
I keep hearing people threaten online and off to have someones serial number banned. News Flash... If sega didnt want people to steal they wouldnt have included the feature! Not that im saying its nice....

Xbob42
Feb 20, 2001, 08:18 AM
IF GOD DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BLOW HEADS OFF, HE WOULD HAVE NEVER LET US MAKE GUNS, get real, no one AT ALL likes theives.

Remick
Feb 20, 2001, 05:58 PM
Except other thieves. I do not like thieves either i died and one stole my +9 dance blades which kicked butt. But there is no way to get that stuff back. So now when I go online I play with only friends or play with a lesser weapon that a thief wouldn't want, which is sad cause I earned the weapon so I should be able to use it without worrying about someone stealing it.

RedVento
Feb 20, 2001, 06:14 PM
I hate to go against popular sentiment, but.... Stealing will go on as long as you allow it.. But, you can't stop it you say.. Bah! Only play with trusted players, in private games, or don't let yourself get killed....
Don't get killed you say!?!? How is that possible?? Easy, don't overextend yourself.. By that I mean, just because you turned lvl 40, don't go rushing to the VH Ruins 3... its suicide.. if you get killed there, then you kinda deserve what you get.. I rarely die.. usually only on boss stages.. and now only on last boss.. so I don't fight it.. its retarded.. I'm a burden to other players so I don't play.. Now I'm not saying stick to the normal or hard until you're lvl 100, but please just be carefull and use common sense, that will stop you from getting killed, and thus prevent stealing..

As to trading.. no good way to do it that I've found. Living in NYC breeds skeptisism, and I might be king of the skeptics. I have found that if you give away crap you don't use/need then later on the favors are repaid, usually.

Josh
Feb 20, 2001, 06:31 PM
As to trading.. no good way to do it that I've found. Living in NYC breeds skeptisism, and I might be king of the skeptics. I have found that if you give away crap you don't use/need then later on the favors are repaid, usually.

Yeah, the trading in PSO sucks. "Okay, we'll drop at the same time." "NO! You drop first!" "No you'll steal my weapon and leave. You drop first!" "NO WAY! You drop first!" "No you drop first!"...

They should have made some trade option. Maybe you press start and choose Trade and then they select a player(like the guild cards). When both players select each other, a little trade screen comes up then they both just select an item(s) they want to put up and when both players are ready, they click Done, and it's transferred.

Ayanami
Feb 20, 2001, 06:51 PM
Yes, excellent idea
Diablo II has something similar
Being a force though, I usually just give away the weapons I find lol

Danderdag
Feb 20, 2001, 07:23 PM
I'm sure that'll be in PSO2. PSO trading is just like Diablo 1, I call it the 'Trade Tango'. DRop items, then dance around in a circle until you get to their item. The problem in PSO is that you can't tell what the item is until you get near it, in diablo that wasn't a problem.

ragnarok
Feb 20, 2001, 07:27 PM
There should be a "special trade" shop in the store section of PSO there you can trade using someone who will keep an item and give it to that specific person when you need something to trade. We will see in pso2 though.