PDA

View Full Version : Dear foreigner. You are fucking old.

Shimarisu
Mar 15, 2004, 05:44 PM
Applicant Prerequisites
Working Holiday visas, valid for a period of one year from the date of issue, will be issued to persons who satisfy all of the following requirements:

be the British citizens who are resident in the United Kingdom
intend primarily to holiday in Japan for a period of up to one year from the date of entry
be aged between eighteen (18) and twenty-five (25) years both inclusive at the time of application for the said visa, except in those cases where the competent authorities of the Government of Japan agree to extend the limitation of age up to thirty (30) years
be persons who are not accompanied by children
be persons who are not accompanied by spouses unless those spouses are in possession of the said visa or otherwise
possess a valid passport and a return travel ticket or sufficient funds with which to purchase such a ticket;
possess reasonable funds for their maintenance during the period of initial stay in Japan
intend to leave Japan at the end of their stay
have not previously been issued the said visa
have good health
Application Procedure for a Working Holiday Visa
Those wishing to apply for a Working Holiday visa are required to submit, along with a valid British passport, one copy each of the following documents to the appropriate consular missions of the Government of Japan in the United Kingdom. Statements made in these documents must be true and accurate.

Fuck Japan.

- Shimarisu

Scejntjynahl
Mar 15, 2004, 05:52 PM
What a bunch of pedophiles LOL....

PaleKid15
Mar 15, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-03-15 14:44, Shimarisu wrote:
Applicant Prerequisites
Working Holiday visas, valid for a period of one year from the date of issue, will be issued to persons who satisfy all of the following requirements:

be the British citizens who are resident in the United Kingdom
intend primarily to holiday in Japan for a period of up to one year from the date of entry
be aged between eighteen (18) and twenty-five (25) years both inclusive at the time of application for the said visa, except in those cases where the competent authorities of the Government of Japan agree to extend the limitation of age up to thirty (30) years
be persons who are not accompanied by children
be persons who are not accompanied by spouses unless those spouses are in possession of the said visa or otherwise
possess a valid passport and a return travel ticket or sufficient funds with which to purchase such a ticket;
possess reasonable funds for their maintenance during the period of initial stay in Japan
intend to leave Japan at the end of their stay
have not previously been issued the said visa
have good health
Application Procedure for a Working Holiday Visa
Those wishing to apply for a Working Holiday visa are required to submit, along with a valid British passport, one copy each of the following documents to the appropriate consular missions of the Government of Japan in the United Kingdom. Statements made in these documents must be true and accurate.

Fuck Japan.

- Shimarisu

Don't fuck japan, that's mean. Fuck the person who created those dumbass rules. Methinks thou must slay thine enemy.

Firocket1690
Mar 15, 2004, 07:57 PM
On 2004-03-15 14:44, Shimarisu wrote:

Government of Japan agree to extend the limitation of age up to thirty (30) years

- Shimarisu

And the problem is ... ?

I thought you were 29 ?

Edit: w00ty, Shim has 777 posts ! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-03-15 18:43 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Mar 15, 2004, 09:38 PM
You did'nt quote all of it.

except in those cases where the competent authorities of the Government of Japan agree to extend the limitation of age up to thirty (30) years

So it's not a guarantee, only as seen fit.

It would be annoying, but it's not like it's directed at you personally, Shim.

lain2k3
Mar 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
So what happened? you have to be under 30 if you want to go to Japan?

**confused**

Firocket1690
Mar 15, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-03-15 18:42, lain2k3 wrote:
So what happened? you have to be under 30 if you want to go to Japan?

**confused**

Read the original post, yeah ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Armok
Mar 16, 2004, 06:08 AM
Japans too crowded anyway thats why they have such dum rules.

Aceizace
Mar 16, 2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry if i sound stupid but what's a 'Working Holiday visa'? Work and holiday don't go together in my book, lol.

LollipopLolita
Mar 16, 2004, 04:55 PM
ehhh lots of countries have dumb visa rules, america being one of them.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 16, 2004, 05:29 PM
I apologise sincerely, but I had to lagh when I read the title of this post, it was the funniest i'd seen in a while.

As for Japan, their rules are as backward as their culture. Still, you gotta love 'em.

Unless they throw Visa applications back in your face. Then I suppose you gotta hate 'em.

~ Antimony

Sharkyland
Mar 17, 2004, 11:35 AM
What in the hell?

ABDUR101
Mar 17, 2004, 04:38 PM
At first I thought this was a rant about the band Foreigner. =x

Aceizace
Mar 18, 2004, 12:13 PM
I've been told by a parent that a holiday work visa is like going to another country for a short period of time to work there. Well i'm not exactly siding with them, but i suppose they figure that by the age of 30 you'd probably be in a full-time job. They probably don't want just anyone going there if you've already got a future in another country. Maybe you should try getting a job where you are that 'forces' you to go work there for a certain amount of time.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 18, 2004, 12:30 PM
On 2004-03-18 09:13, Aceizace wrote:
I've been told by a parent that a holiday work visa is like going to another country for a short period of time to work there. Well i'm not exactly siding with them, but i suppose they figure that by the age of 30 you'd probably be in a full-time job. They probably don't want just anyone going there if you've already got a future in another country. Maybe you should try getting a job where you are that 'forces' you to go work there for a certain amount of time.

I am sorry, but I disagree with your comment. In Japan they are obsessed with youth. If you are 30 they consider you useless, not attractive and such. Most receptioninst in Japan must appear to be in their teens and have "girlish voices". Havent you seen anime??? Shees most of the "women" sound and look like children or teenagers. If you study the market you will notice that Japan buys HEAVILY into any cosmetic product that promises you will look young or younger. It is part of their culture, dominated by man, and women come in second to last place in it. Another example: They are not many female CEO in Japan because the company may belive that her productivity will suffer when she is have her menstrual period. I am NOT making any of these comments up. So the permit that Shim posted is just the mentality that Japan in a whole has about age.

Murdercall
Mar 18, 2004, 02:38 PM
If you are 30 they consider you useless, not attractive and such. Most receptioninst in Japan must appear to be in their teens and have "girlish voices". Havent you seen anime???

Do you know this as a fact? I mean anime is nothing to go off :

Scejntjynahl
Mar 18, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-03-18 11:38, Murdercall wrote:

If you are 30 they consider you useless, not attractive and such. Most receptioninst in Japan must appear to be in their teens and have "girlish voices". Havent you seen anime???

Do you know this as a fact? I mean anime is nothing to go off :

As fact, hmmm, how about this. First hand experience. My Japanese teacher had to move to USA because she was considered to old to be working as a teacher in Japan! She is only 35 years old. My friend Kayo (female 26 years old) was only hired because she had a "girlish voice" and is obsessed with cosmetics to hide wrinkles (even though she has none, she looks like a porcelain doll for crying out loud). And when Kayo is told she looks nineteen she begins to cry because she wants to look 16... and I have other contacts and friends from Japan that confirm this. So my statement may not be found in a text book or other source that you might consider to be "factual". And I only mention anime becuase in Japan a voice actor usually earns more money than a live action actor/actress. And you must admit, most of the anime women sound way young. Japan is obsessed with youth.

navci
Mar 18, 2004, 03:45 PM
Make that Asia in general. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

One of the reason I don't ever wanna go home is cuz I'll be fat, old and disgustingly ugly when I am there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But in fact I know I am just average. Then you need to always dress in good fashion, and such. I don't think I can take that.

Firocket1690
Mar 18, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-03-18 12:45, navi wrote:
Make that Asia in general. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

One of the reason I don't ever wanna go home is cuz I'll be fat, old and disgustingly ugly when I am there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But in fact I know I am just average. Then you need to always dress in good fashion, and such. I don't think I can take that.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
It all depends, My Spanish teacher said it's considered healthy in most Spanish speaking countries to be fat. "Oh, I lost ten pounds, and I look great. I go back, and my grandmother will wonder what I'm doing to myself."

KodiaX987
Mar 18, 2004, 09:16 PM
On 2004-03-18 09:30, Furankunichan wrote:

It is part of their culture, dominated by man, and women come in second to last place in it.

Who come in last place then? The herms?? o_O;;

ABDUR101
Mar 18, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-03-18 18:16, KodiaX987 wrote:
Who come in last place then? The herms?? o_O;;

Hey! Show some respect. >=|

...they came in first and second. >_>

Funny though, considering even American culture leans toward youth-this and youth-that. Maybe not to such an extreme, but it's still there.

KodiaX987
Mar 18, 2004, 09:55 PM
On 2004-03-18 18:22, ABDUR101 wrote:

...they came in first and second. >_>

PFOUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh boy, you 0wned me on this one! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif