PDA

View Full Version : Stallers + dual Arkz 1 point spammers. Oh and I despise Arkz

Shimarisu
Mar 20, 2004, 01:49 AM
Will you stop fucking stalling to win, you stupid, lameass, skill-less boring asswipes? I lost two games today thanks to fucking Arkz 1 point spammers placing shit all over the screen then waiting for the dice to run out on every turn. God, I hate western players, 50% of you do this. And duel arkz teams on Unguis ARE unfair. Who was the sucker today who placed 7 1 point caves monsters (each, there were two of em) plus Caves wind, plus March of the Meek? Your deck ain't clever, it's cheap and boring, and OLD AS THE HILLS. I still say Arkz are unbalanced because ANYONE can win like this. Seriously, take me to any official tournament and I'll put nothing but 1 point monsters in my deck, 30 of em. No defense, no action cards, nothing but 1 point monsters. Watch me win easily by sucking my thumb for half an hour while I place monster after monster. Arkz are pathetic, us hunter players all hate fighting you, we all hate you sticking us in the corner like the cowards you are, then winning on time. I'll only play as Arkz with a decent deck, not this lameass shite we're all sick of. Seriously, do you enjoy winning like this? You'll never get freaking ANYWHERE with your rank if every battle you fight takes half a freaking hour.

It ain't just me who hates you, once after I spent half an hour stuck in a corner one game, I slammed your type in the lobby in Japanese. Most the people there agreed - that they hate Arkz, that they hate playing against Arkz, that any battle against them is boring. That with the best Arkz deck v the best HU deck, Arkz wins every time. Arkz should never have been invented IMO. See why Arkz users have won BOTH official tournaments so far, despite being vastly outnumbered by the FAIR, non arkz using people. The game would have been WAY more interesting and enjoyable if Arkz never existed.

- Shimarisu (Anyone want to join a Hunters only clan?)

Saladwood
Mar 20, 2004, 01:55 AM
off to rants we gooooooooooooooooooooo

Firocket1690
Mar 20, 2004, 02:24 AM
weeeeeee *jumps on train to ra- ... Oh .. never mind ...

I've been owning almost everything with Sil'fer.
I don't plan to change anytime soon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hmmm, Oh, and If I remember correctly, wasn't it you who developed one of the earlier Arkz strategies/decks ?
er .. the Poufully deck ? And a few others ... *forgets*

Well, for one, I've mostly been messing on the jp ships, havn't seen one of these decks yet. Don't look foreward to it either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shimarisu
Mar 20, 2004, 03:03 AM
On 2004-03-19 22:55, Saladwood wrote:
off to rants we gooooooooooooooooooooo

STOP patronising me.

Shimarisu
Mar 20, 2004, 03:17 AM
And seriously, you can win every time with a deck of 30 1 point monsters. I hate Arkz now, no matter what I said about them in the past, this game would be FAR better without them.

Armok
Mar 20, 2004, 09:43 AM
I hate cheap tactics

Have you tried having a couple of skip draw in your deck just for the haha u can't bring out any more boomas effect.

I currently working on a counter to loadsa 1 costers deck.

Involves cards like Round slay (for removal), sniper (for boss shot chances), aload of other attack boosters/counter cards and a MKB/4 star sheild for the increasing Atp boost every turn. Its designed to erradicate low cost ark cards as fast as possible and finish the Arks boss in one big hit.

Firocket1690
Mar 20, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-03-20 06:43, Armok wrote:
I hate cheap tactics

Have you tried having a couple of skip draw in your deck just for the haha u can't bring out any more boomas effect.

Involves cards like Round slay (for removal), sniper (for boss shot chances), aload of other attack boosters/counter cards and a MKB/4 star sheild for the increasing Atp boost every turn. Its designed to erradicate low cost ark cards as fast as possible and finish the Arks boss in one big hit.

Nah.
I think it'll be a bit better if the only weapons were swords and multi-hit thingies that would +2 AP... On Sil'fer, that would make 5 AP.
5 AP would be enough to kill most 1* monsters ... (I think)
On the other hand, you could also use some weaps that built AP (LP, MKB, I don't know any others)
and slay all the weak monsters with that thing. After the ap gets high enough, use the swords and start making holes in the monsters and carve a path. Walk to the boss and kill with the built up ap weapon.
Meh, this probably won't work, but it's worth a try ! =)

Dgo
Mar 20, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-03-20 06:43, Armok wrote:
I hate cheap tactics

I like your deck i hope that it works.

Arislan
Mar 20, 2004, 06:33 PM
'Cept that if you were to hit an enemy with the AP build up, you'd likely get hit by a Companion, and lose the weapon. Not to mention that you'll be getting hit for 4-8 damage a turn, so you'll have to keep putting points into shields. AP building weapons are not the answer to the 1 point spammer deck.

Aceizace
Mar 20, 2004, 07:34 PM
Well i havn't got epi 3 yet (:mad: PAL region...), but you get killer decks in all card games, the fun part is coming up with a killer deck-beater, and then a killer deck-beater-beater etc. If that isn't possible in epi 3 then that's pretty poor design by ST, there should never be any character (or deck in this case) superior in any game.

Just think how happy you'd be if you managed to make a deck that beat those no-good 1 pointers, you'd be much more glad than if they hadn't been there in the first place.

Firocket1690
Mar 20, 2004, 07:46 PM
On 2004-03-20 15:33, Arislan wrote:
'Cept that if you were to hit an enemy with the AP build up, you'd likely get hit by a Companion, and lose the weapon. Not to mention that you'll be getting hit for 4-8 damage a turn, so you'll have to keep putting points into shields. AP building weapons are not the answer to the 1 point spammer deck.

Read again.

On 2004-03-20 07:25, Firocket1690 wrote:
Nah.
I think it'll be a bit better if the only weapons were swords and multi-hit thingies that would +2 AP... On Sil'fer, that would make 5 AP.
5 AP would be enough to kill most 1* monsters ... (I think)
On the other hand, you could also use some weaps that built AP (LP, MKB, I don't know any others)
and slay all the weak monsters with that thing. After the ap gets high enough, use the swords and start making holes in the monsters and carve a path. Walk to the boss and kill with the built up ap weapon.
Meh, this probably won't work, but it's worth a try ! =)

Scejntjynahl
Mar 20, 2004, 07:53 PM
Are you nuts? The easiest pickings for me has been foes that use Arkz decks, they are so damn predictable. Heh, I have a harder time defeating a good solid Heroe deck than I would an Arkz deck. Their plans are always the same, corner you and block you. Heh, I just run circles around them, use Action cards that hit everything around me. Yes the games do become tedious and long, but by no means it means they will win. The game itself is balanced, if you play your cards right (no pun intended).

What makes this game a real pain is ppl who are rude and plain mean. Sore loser are just as bad as sore winners. Its not so much the deck, its the player.

Castoth
Mar 20, 2004, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't the ultimate counter to an Arkz deck be the Fly card? Just float over all the monsters with someone like Stella, then charge.

PaleKid15
Mar 20, 2004, 10:36 PM
On 2004-03-19 22:49, Shimarisu wrote:
Will you stop fucking stalling to win, you stupid, lameass, skill-less boring asswipes? I lost two games today thanks to fucking Arkz 1 point spammers placing shit all over the screen then waiting for the dice to run out on every turn. God, I hate western players, 50% of you do this. And duel arkz teams on Unguis ARE unfair. Who was the sucker today who placed 7 1 point caves monsters (each, there were two of em) plus Caves wind, plus March of the Meek? Your deck ain't clever, it's cheap and boring, and OLD AS THE HILLS. I still say Arkz are unbalanced because ANYONE can win like this. Seriously, take me to any official tournament and I'll put nothing but 1 point monsters in my deck, 30 of em. No defense, no action cards, nothing but 1 point monsters. Watch me win easily by sucking my thumb for half an hour while I place monster after monster. Arkz are pathetic, us hunter players all hate fighting you, we all hate you sticking us in the corner like the cowards you are, then winning on time. I'll only play as Arkz with a decent deck, not this lameass shite we're all sick of. Seriously, do you enjoy winning like this? You'll never get freaking ANYWHERE with your rank if every battle you fight takes half a freaking hour.

It ain't just me who hates you, once after I spent half an hour stuck in a corner one game, I slammed your type in the lobby in Japanese. Most the people there agreed - that they hate Arkz, that they hate playing against Arkz, that any battle against them is boring. That with the best Arkz deck v the best HU deck, Arkz wins every time. Arkz should never have been invented IMO. See why Arkz users have won BOTH official tournaments so far, despite being vastly outnumbered by the FAIR, non arkz using people. The game would have been WAY more interesting and enjoyable if Arkz never existed.

- Shimarisu (Anyone want to join a Hunters only clan?)

Ummm... welcome to card games. Every single card game ever created has an uber deck that almost everyone plays and is referred to as "cheap" and "stupid". #1-Nothing about a card game can be cheap, people just say it is because they got there ass handed to them by someone using a viable strategy. #2- if they're winning, they're being kind of smart. If so many people are winning with one type of deck, then either play that deck, or create a bane deck specifically designed to beat it. Stop whining and start building a different deck.

Shimarisu
Mar 21, 2004, 12:10 AM
1. Fuck off. I'm sick of people saying "There's no such thing as cheap decks." You suppose that umpteen cards have had to be patched, WHY?
2. Play the game. Then see what I'm talking about.
3. Realise the idiocy of the situation. You can put 30 1 point monsters on a deck. Nothing else. You can just place them in the way. Fly does nothing, cause you stuck monsters all over the screen. SEriously, try this on Unguis lapis. Virus does nothing, you just place more next turn. The only possible way to win would be somebody who saw you coming and put nothing but Virus, Fly, Immortality on their deck. It's absolutely fucking stupid that it's possible to win with a deck like this. If Arkz were not in the game, the game would be 100% more fun.

- Shimarisu

ABDUR101
Mar 21, 2004, 12:16 AM
Please no flaming, keep it civil.

opaopajr
Mar 21, 2004, 04:15 AM
being a long time card gamer (of serious card games; no pokemon, yu-gi-oh, digimon, whatever the hell) i just have to chime in that there's such a thing as cheap combos and cheap decks. and no people aren't "smart" for using a brainless strategy.

all card games have a few problems with this. true to some extent metagaming (this means adapting tactics to predominant deck enviroment) can change some of the problems. but there does come times that there is a real unbalance and there's nothing that metagaming can do about it. when that happens that deck usually dominates until everyone rapidly quits because it's boring to play and then the game just dies. smart companies create errata (corrections) to such cards that cause this to keep the game competative and interesting.

so if ST has had to patch this game already (not suprised) it's a good thing and points to the inherent issues in card games. it just comes with the territory, gotta wait for some judicial rulings to rebalance the game.

taht said i'd love to play ep3 right now, but i can't. i love a good card game and love a good strat game too. so this game sounds so cool to me. i expected a few hiccups, though. i think the arkz/hunters idea is really cool, gives an oportunity to include all the familiar aspects of previous PSO games. that there's a few issues that need to be ironed out is lamentable, but the fact that they could even pull off such a concept makes me give major props to ST.

just give it time and the errata will come. and choose your opponents carefully. same stuff us card and miniatures gamers had to deal with for years now. hang around a fun crowd and don't take it seriously and always keep pushing the creative envelope. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shimarisu
Mar 21, 2004, 04:59 AM
IMO there should be a limit to how much of each type (ie weapons, enemies) of card you can put on your deck. Until then, I'll be beaten by teams on Unguis with this sort of deck:

3x Hidoom
3x Migoom
3x Poifuilly slime
3x Pouilly slime
3x Cave Wind
3x March of the Meek
3x AB defense

rest of deck, 1 pointers and def. And maybe Al Rappies (using Al Rappies on Unguis, and not HITTING ME when I have 3 def, is so lame I want to puke).

Yep, lots of Americans using this deck at the mo. I hate it. I've sworn off fighting on Unguis at all, in fact. Dual Ark teams on Unguis are so terribly unbalanced. Only another team of Arkz can beat them (maybe 1 Arkz one hunter, but rarely).

- Shimarisu

Kuea
Mar 21, 2004, 05:16 AM
On 2004-03-21 01:59, Shimarisu wrote:
IMO there should be a limit to how much of each type (ie weapons, enemies) of card you can put on your deck. Until then, I'll be beaten by teams on Unguis with this sort of deck:

3x Hidoom
3x Migoom
3x Poifuilly slime
3x Pouilly slime
3x Cave Wind
3x March of the Meek
3x AB defense

rest of deck, 1 pointers and def. And maybe Al Rappies (using Al Rappies on Unguis, and not HITTING ME when I have 3 def, is so lame I want to puke).

Yep, lots of Americans using this deck at the mo. I hate it. I've sworn off fighting on Unguis at all, in fact. Dual Ark teams on Unguis are so terribly unbalanced. Only another team of Arkz can beat them (maybe 1 Arkz one hunter, but rarely).

- Shimarisu

Ok Shimarisu you seem to rant about cheap decks PM me a non-cheap deck and a cheap deck to test them.
I am too lazy to search for your opinion of a cheap and a not cheap deck.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 21, 2004, 09:47 AM
On 2004-03-20 21:10, Shimarisu wrote:
1. Fuck off. I'm sick of people saying "There's no such thing as cheap decks." You suppose that umpteen cards have had to be patched, WHY?
2. Play the game. Then see what I'm talking about.
3. Realise the idiocy of the situation. You can put 30 1 point monsters on a deck. Nothing else. You can just place them in the way. Fly does nothing, cause you stuck monsters all over the screen. SEriously, try this on Unguis lapis. Virus does nothing, you just place more next turn. The only possible way to win would be somebody who saw you coming and put nothing but Virus, Fly, Immortality on their deck. It's absolutely fucking stupid that it's possible to win with a deck like this. If Arkz were not in the game, the game would be 100% more fun.

- Shimarisu

Rati Mag + Territory Assist card would be helpful to you. Limit the amount of monsters on field, and be able to go voer them is an advantage. And what of cards like Round Slay, hit multiple enemies around you...

You know I have lost more games perhaps than you, but I sthrive to adapt. Make my deck more varied. Learn the oppositions "cheap" tricks, be patient and go forward. If I lose, I lose. It never means that I am worse of a player to be handed down defeat.

At times you make excellent observations of a subculture that develops within the digital world we know of as pso. But at other times it seems that you take the game as serious as one would take a job, relationship, and other RL events that impact us. Pso has the beauty that when we have enough of it, we cant shut it down. The ppl you so despise will not fly from their homes all the way to your home just to cheat and beat you at a game. So why in the hell you let this insignificatn maggots get under your skin? Very simple, you let them in.

EJ
Mar 22, 2004, 08:09 AM
hmm.. same thing happen to me but the twist was that i was also using a arkz deck. to asnwer the point i hate fight against 1 point spammers even with my arkz deck. I lost lost to a one point spammer in the final and yelled at the guy for being a cheap s.o.b and having no skills to use a arkz deck toward the end of the match. I wrote more than i expected i guess i'll ended with this ^_^

KodiaX987
Mar 22, 2004, 10:49 AM
My advice on the matter is this.

One of my friends tends to stick a rappy or two on the field as meatshields to allow him to gain some time. What you can do is simply dash over to your Arkz opponent before he can set all his monsters. Since your opponent will basically be walled-in by his own units, he will have a very limited range of movement. Once you are within respectable range, equip the weapons you need and quickly dispose of the Arkz player. Because his monster units are many yet he can't do unlimited attacks, you will lose only a few HP in doing do. This is why Heroside is a good choice against those guys. However, if you take Arkz and play using a similar strategy, you can gain a win too, but it'll be long, hard, based on luck, and you'll get a bad ranking.

If up against two of those guys, well, it's a given there will be two guys on your team. In such a case, you NEED a human teammate, since the AI will easily get 0wned. Once again, weave through as many monsters as possible before too many of them get on the field, and use your teammate to get rid of the first Arkz player. Once he is done for, half of the monsters will disappear from the field, allowing you to get the drop on the second player before he re-fills the field. Stick next to your teammate in all cases, since he'll also be able to carve you some room to move in.

derBauer
Mar 23, 2004, 12:14 AM
On 2004-03-20 21:10, Shimarisu wrote:
1. Fuck off.

Back to ya.

I suggest you start posting without insulting everyone who reads it.

Armok
Mar 24, 2004, 05:53 AM
Skip draw is the answer

Have it all planned out so you got 3 of these in your hand at once.

Round slay/kill all the scum monsters surrounding you with your weopon. Pull this assist card off. They have 5 cards in their hand which aint gonna be able to block you for 3 turns. This means on the typical arena 5x5 lets say you can get to the soab and kill them problem solved.

Only problem is no assist card games. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BogusKun
Mar 24, 2004, 12:37 PM
I used many 1 point monsters once... It was funny on the new guys when America got PSOe3. I was merely testing though. And still remember the guy as he said...

"SHUT THE FUKK UP!"
"HURRY THE FUKK UP!"

I know he doesn't stall... but he deos spam... I guess that makes you want to take the turn right away! HAHA I should try that!

kingmurp
Mar 25, 2004, 04:04 AM
So the suggestion is we make a game, where we equip items, run at each other. Then the person with better cards/dice rolls wins. I'm a fan of quality games, but If all I face is one point spammers, then I'll go to another server, thats how some people play, in all card games.

kitomaka_ck
Mar 26, 2004, 05:28 PM
yeah, so cards get patched for being "cheap". a few are cheap, and balance is needed, but eventually everyone finds a new complaint resource...
yeah, so you get your ass handed to you by a certain deck. same way in the real world when you try to be different,
it all goes in a loop.
1. Kick ass deck is made.
2. Everybody soon learns the secrets of this kickass strategy. (Magic the Gathering anyone?)
3. Someone finally gets annoyed (shimarisu, and a select few others)
4. This small group expands, and gets a new strategy.
5. Rinse and repeat.

Magic is divided into categories of startegy, and I can see that in ep3 it is the same.
'weenie decks'
decks that rely on a certain combo or two
monsters' special ability deck
a good few, i can't think or type all of them now.
There was a great combo my frined had, all damage dealt to him goes to a creature of choice with one enchantment, that creature is immune to damage with another. All I had to do was use a disenchant to beat him.

Ah, and wasn't it YOU who, when starting the game, were an Arkz, and you hated Hunters for being so cheap? Maybe if the game didn't have as much luck involved you wouldnt bitch so much.

Oh, and saying "Fuck off" to everyone won't do much. If you don't WANT their response, don't make your topics here! Just some advice. Dont take it too hard.

Shimarisu
Mar 28, 2004, 06:12 AM
Oh, and putting 30 1 point monsters on your deck and nothing else is not a kickass strategy. It's pathetic.

I actually had ths deck played on me the other day. Guy threw a 5. Up pop 5 1 cost monsters all around me. Next round 2 monsters (you can only place 7 on the field). So I kill them all and he throws a 4. Up pop 4 1 cost monsters.

If it was not Tower of Caelum (gizonde can zap right across this area) and I was not using a FO with a Rati mag (fly ability) on my deck, he WOULD have won on time. It was a half hour tourney too. He won in the first two rounds and made everyone wait an hour til the third round. THAT's RIDICULOUS. I was snapshotting all match too and informing him "I am snapshotting your deck as an example of how not to play this game fairly." Funny thing is, I convinced him it was lame.

- Shimarisu

Shimarisu
Mar 28, 2004, 06:12 AM
Nah, I loved being an Arkz, cause I always won. Then I realised WHY I always won. The game was unbalanced.

There are serious issues here:

1. Why does an elemental defense card, Ie. Native defense, Sword defense cost 3 for an Arkz and 4 for a Hunter? WHY THE FUCK IS THIS? It makes those cards useless for Hunters, the average def dice roll is 2, 4 is rare. I only use those cards AT ALL on Dice Fever decks.

2. Why can Arkz win every time with lame no combo 1 point blocker decks when one point spammer Hunters are fucked by Gizonde or Punch? Why the fuck SHOULD I put Fly on every deck and therefore compromise my strategy just because 5% of the game is lameass 1 point spammer Arkz?

3. WHY do cards like Pouilly Slime (still too cheap) Sinow Beat and Al Rappy EVEN EXIST? Al Rappy can totally fuck a Hunter over on Unguis. The little bastard Arkz NEVER FREAKING HIT YOU with their stupid rappies, because they fear return damage cards. WHY do Arkz cards like POuilly have free move and free place? NO HUNTER CARDS ALLOW THIS!

4. WHY DO ARKZ HAVE MORE HP! Really, even the biggest idiot in the WORLD could see the lameass "block, never hit, block never hit" strategy, designed to keep your Hunter in the corner and never get near you. Meanwhile the Hunter is killing all your stuff, but you place more and win on time. Why the fuck is there nothing to prevent this in the game system? Like either Arkz have the same HP, or you win with a combination of HP and exp, ie if the other person has 20 freaking times your exp despite you having more HP, THEY should win! There should be tourney rules that let you win like this, so HUs can go there as a haven from Arkz. A simple +1 dice=2 HP added to your total at end of match would fix this.

5. Why do cards with higher HP cost much less for Arkz (Nano Dragon, 18 HP only 5 cost) therefore allowing them to EASILY fuck you over with HP attack? Something very wrong here.

Trust me, I've been playing this game for months now, and when both top tournies have been won by Arkz DESPITE being outnumbered 8 to 1 by Hunters, you know there is something VERY WRONG with the game. First tourney was won by infamous Pouilly deck, second by infamous Mines. Both utilise the "place for free" Breed ability to totally screw the opponent, whether Arkz or HU.
They patched Pouilly with reduced stats but it still has the freaking Breed ability, and therefore can fuck you over easily if used like Al rappy. How do you Al Rappy a pouilly? Simple, 3x pouilly, 3xcard return on your deck. Pouilly dies and placing 1 more despite having none in your hand now only costs 1. 3x Al rappy too as a wildcard. This deck can fuck anyone over and yep, I tried the theory the other day, made 3 people hate me I bet, but now at least more people see how much pouilly sucks.

I'm gonna post this to Sega's boards too, after editing heavily for swearing.

- Shimarisu