PDA

View Full Version : The great things I see that you do not

AzureBlaze
Mar 22, 2004, 01:04 AM
I'm here looking for ideas on how to share cool stuff with everyone here. Mod opinions and createive ideas/suggestions/rules all welcome...

I don't know about anyone else on this board, but I go trawling for cool, unusual, or funny PSO related images a lot. My travels take me far over the web, and produce a lot of really interesting things.
**I also love to hoard and sort images to a great degree, so my computers are some what of preservation-units for various art works which I run-across.

There's a lot of really great funny, exceptionally skilled, and flat out strange talent that I think people are missing out on that I could share. However, there's lots of roadblocks to it...that's why this post is here.

IS there a way to go about shareing what I find, because I'm almost 100% positive people here didn't see it, but would love to have a look? So far the roadblocks I see are:

-PSOW doesn't want you linking to your own site because that's advertising and you'll steal people away from PSOW
-A lot of the sites I went to to are shut down/images broken/contents changed/site moved/impossible to navigate JP stuff...so you literally COULDNT link there even if you wanted to
-Image-Owner-Permission:
90+ Percent of the stuff you physically can't ask to share the work with someone else because they won't understand you, or they'll ignore you because you're a "BS USA"
-Link-Owner Permission:
Some people don't even want you linking their site w/o permission. If it still exists. And you can ask it. Which mostly you can't.

So what can I do? Never share anything I see? The only thing I thought up is kinda 'blah' which is to put up images on my own server/page and link it to here, make a post about it, tell everyone NOT to talk about what they see off this site, then, once the topic is done, just delete everything. Surely there's got to be another more 'nice' solution?

I mean...there is some stuff ya gotta see out there...
-What if Kireek were merged with an Eggplant?
-Chibi androids galore
-World's best pencil drawing of a RAmar
-What would happen if Elly were late to work?
-A really, really great pencil of a RAcaseal...best I've seen. Her eyes still look dead even, which is such a great touch.

And that's just a little bit of what's there. I mean, if we could get some sort of a 'hey go here this place has cool art someone left unattended' thread, that'd be nice too.

I just want to be sure it's kosher first....

Garanz2
Mar 22, 2004, 05:23 AM
I don't see a problem with it.

EDIT: The topic title isn't really one that attracts positive attention though. I'd consider changing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz2 on 2004-03-22 03:43 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Mar 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
Here's what you do. First, all the images you want to show us, sort them neatly in your computer. Afterwards, find a good webhost that allows offsite linking and upload your pictures there.

Once done, show them here. I don't think there will be any problem with that, seeing as the Fanworks board doesn't have any set rules against non-PSO artwork. And as long as you give due credit, I doubt any artist will go slammin' down on you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-03-22 07:43 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 22, 2004, 12:00 PM
I don't really see a problem with it... You should of course ask for permission, but if it's impossible to do so, many artists in my experience wouldn't mind their work being shown, as long as nobody else was trying to claim credit for it. If you need a host, I can volunteer for that, since I can direct link images from my website.

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 12:43 AM
If you need someone to write e-mail asking for permission, I maybe of some help. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif