PDA

View Full Version : Some people... [PARENTAL DESCRETION IS ADVISED]

Kiara
Mar 23, 2004, 01:28 AM
God I had such a bad day (yeah I will cry about it because I feel like telling this to people I don't know personally and maybe gain some insight on it). I'll try and hold in the many swear words swimming around in my mind right now.

I'm guessing this all started Thursday when my girlfriend, Rebecca, and I shared a kiss (our team won what do you expect?). Everything is fine until today (Monday). When I first arrive at my school (it's a private school that's supposed to be the greatest in the area) everything is chipper. The first of the many horrible things happen when I open my locker and out pop lots and lots of mail. Not the normal mail I'm used to getting but hate mail. My friends start to read them and then freak out. They range from "stupid fag" to "I'm going to kill you, fucking lez." Come to find out it's the same in Rebecca's locker.

I was shocked and very paranoid but, we went to our first class of the day and everything is normal as normal usually is for me; until the office called and said the principal wants to speak with me and her. So we went down and I went in first. The bastard told me how he's gotten a lot of anonymous complaints about her and I. He lectured me about being to young for a sex life (where he got this crock from I don't know) and tells me that the lord doesn't appreciate what we're doing and I should change or I'll burn (to sum it all up). He goes on to say that if I don't change my behavior then there could be grave consequences for both of us. I'm appauled at this but I don't know what to tell him so I bring up the notes. He completely ignores it and calls Rebecca in. The both of us were more than pissed off, but we go thru our day.

Things were getting worse as the day went on but we got thru it and I went to the bus stop. I was chatting with my friends when this homeless asshole walked by us and just out of the blue starts screaming sexual comments at me (I know he was yelling at me because I'm "no, the asian girl"). He of course hurries his dirt incrusted ass away while I'm sitting there going "wtf?" When I do get on the bus this trailer trash woman gets off because she "can?t stand nig..." You can finish the word.

When I got home my mom told me the school called and said she should get help for me and my "problem."

I don't understand why people have to hate others for their differences instead of embracing them for it. I'd like scream at the top of my lungs but I don't think that will help.

This has been the story of my day in a nut shell, boring I know but who cares? This isn't the creative writing section. This is where I go to get something off my chest. Whether anyone replies or not or maybe decides to flame me for wasting their precious time matters not to me right now, I'm drained.

Adieu.

MasterJoel
Mar 23, 2004, 01:55 AM
first of all, the use of the word -ag is not acceptable in this forum... secondly, it seems to me like we're only getting half the story. it's highly unlikely that you could get all that hate mail from just kissing her... and if you are sexually active with her, maybe you are too young, though i've always had high moral standards in that subject.

secondly, racism sucks. but, life goes on.

lets hope your future is better than today. i'm sure it will be.

Pancake
Mar 23, 2004, 01:55 AM
Man, Some people just don't get it, you know what I mean. I think that is total Bull Shit and the princpal should stay out of your love life. Just ignore all of those Ass wholes out there in the world. I hope all your problems are solved soon.

Saladwood
Mar 23, 2004, 02:20 AM
you CAN say fag, or similar words in this forum if you aren't directing them at someone, something, or, something like this case, where it's fine and she is describing something that directly happened to her.

you CAN'T say it if you're using the words to be discriminating, prejudice, or whatever.

navci
Mar 23, 2004, 02:23 AM
Eeek. I am sorry. This is utterly horrible and makes me want to go strangle stupid people and burn them.

:/ BURN THEM!
If I understand correctly, you weren't attracted to this friend, you merely shared a kiss because your team won. EVEN if you did, there is not a single thing in the world wrong about it. They are just stupid. :|

... Gah. I got no advice here but just to curse stupid people for you and hope they all get the most ironic humilation.

SJ
Mar 23, 2004, 02:41 AM
I don't get were you just celebrating that you'd won or are you gay (no offence) ?
Help me out here.

Outrider
Mar 23, 2004, 02:56 AM
I'm fairly sure that what Kiara is trying to say is that people are having trouble with the fact that she is in fact gay, and some people were bothered by her public show of affection towards her girlfriend.

I can't really offer any advice, as I can't imagine what you should do with what sounds like a large chunk of the community against you. Don't give in on your values, as you're not doing anything wrong. I really hope everything works out for you.

ABDUR101
Mar 23, 2004, 02:59 AM
Think of it as more of a "peck" than an outright kiss. No different than guys hugging each other after winning or losing a match to show good teamwork and sportsmanship.

Overall, it's just over-reaction on the part of the people of the area you live. No doubt since it's a private school, it's a christian school, as we have a Corpus Christi here which is catholic and very strict with how you act, dress, etc.

What can be done? Well, go on as if nothing happened, because really, nothing happened, people are just blowing it out of proportion and making it into something which it wasn't, so just move along as if it's not a big deal and everyone else will follow suit. If you turn it into a scene and drama like they want, then they'll use it and keep going with it, most likely using you as an example of what happens when you let loose too much.

In this situation, don't let it get to you, just explain to your mother that it was more an expression of congratulation and excitement than a friggen quick make-out frencher like everyone else seems to portray.

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone, not when they're trying to turn it into something it's not.

_Sinue_
Mar 23, 2004, 04:22 AM
Time will tell if it will turn out to be nothing more than a simple over-reaction or a mistake on your part. In my school, I was part of a Drama class and participated in several plays. When we were back stage one day, two of the other preformers (both male) french kissed each other. They weren't homosexuals.. they just did it for the shock value. Only a few people saw it.. but it eventually got out to everyone else and a situation similar to what Kiara is describing ensued. The one kid was already going through a hard time with his life, and this didn't help any. He eventually commited suicide. While this event didn't trigger him to kill himself, it definately inflamed the sitatuion.

My best advice to you, is to just keep doing what you're doing and to hell with what anyone else thinks. If you feel it gets too bad, then consider switching schools or getting home-schooling if you can. Hopefully once you get out of the "TeenyBopper Drama" of HighSchool - you'll find it easier to cope with people in the real world. While I've only seen what my very small corner of the world is like - it seems like people are much more open, or at least, uncaring.. when you get out in the workforce. In my plant, there's at least 4 lesbians that I know of.. and noone treats them any differently. One of them was a full on "BullDyke" (as she herself was proud to call it), and she was probably one of the best people I've worked with in a long time. Used to hang out for like an hour over past my clock-out time to talk to her. My friend/Co-worker Cory never talked to her much.. till I quit and he had to set up her machine.. and he ended up staying over an hour a night to talk too.

*Shrug* Hope it works out better for you in the future.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 23, 2004, 05:04 AM
People are biggots. Claimed to be land of the free but its strange how many people are surpressed, bullied or just treated wrong.

Wait till you leave school, school is the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Teachers are biased and suck up to the sporty populer kids, the populer kids are all wankers who are so far up their arses they cant see that they hurt other people and the people who will most likly go on to have the best lifes get treated like shit. At school you have to conform and be like every other moron there.

Now wait till you get to college, you can be what ever you want with out fear of respite. Im not sure from reading follow up posts by people if your gay or not, but people wont care at college anyway. A good friend of mine from college is gay, and she is leading a good life.

So all i can say is ignore school, get your grades and give everyone a big 'F**K YOU' when you leave and be happy at college where you dont have to follow the sheep.

opaopajr
Mar 23, 2004, 05:53 AM
well, may this help, my sister-in-law said it: "there's nothing catastrophically wrong with a public school education. there's a lot of people who go there, and through the worst conditions, still end up with a great education and go to college and become a success." and then she pointed out that she herself was a product of the public school system - and being an MBA holder and successful in her career shows that she's living proof.

i know what it's like in private school, went through 10 years of it myself. yuo can get a great education through (some) of them. but don't be petrified to be yourself out of fear of going to a less prestigious school. if you can survive stuff like this you'll be able to come out of "even public school" as a success.

keep on keepin' on. and if they can't deal with that they know where they can 'tuck' away their disgust.

Ness
Mar 23, 2004, 06:45 AM
Bigots suck. I can't believe that a principal would ignore that fact that you were being harassed just becasue you were gay. What's even more annoying is the fact that he joined in. I consider myself to live in a very homophobic area, but even still the prinicpal would stop people from harassing a gay person.

BogusKun
Mar 23, 2004, 12:22 PM
On 2004-03-22 23:20, Saladwood wrote:
you CAN say fag, or similar words in this forum if you aren't directing them at someone, something, or, something like this case, where it's fine and she is describing something that directly happened to her.

you CAN'T say it if you're using the words to be discriminating, prejudice, or whatever.

Like that one cigarette topic? Yeah, can't let that happen again HAH!

Scejntjynahl
Mar 23, 2004, 01:17 PM
What Sinue said. Maybe homeschooling would offer a solution. But unfortunately the true solution would be to end all bigotry. But that is unlikely, I hope you wheather the storm of idiots, and I wish a bright and happy future to you.

Murdercall
Mar 23, 2004, 02:21 PM
What I don't understand is how the homeless guy new you were gay..

Shanris_1
Mar 23, 2004, 02:37 PM
Take a look at my sig...see where it says:

"You say you've never made a mistake in your life...
You claim to be perfect...
I have made this your last and ONLY mistake..."

That applies to this issue of yours. Your principal and your 'community' have made on really big mistake. You are who you are, they cannot change that..their mistake was thinking they can. Now, don't get me wrong...I am being almost as bad as they by assuming all this means your gay, and if you are not, I applogize to you with all my heart. Either way, don't let them try to change who you are, even if their assumptions and conclusions about your sexuality are right or not.

I hope it all works out for you...I really do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanris_1 on 2004-03-23 11:38 ]</font>

anwserman
Mar 23, 2004, 03:30 PM
~smacks head against wall~.

I hate people, I really do. But, first off, how old are you exactly? I'm guessing high-school age, but that typically ranges from 14 to 18.

The first of the many horrible things happen when I open my locker and out pop lots and lots of mail. Not the normal mail I'm used to getting but hate mail. My friends start to read them and then freak out. They range from "stupid fag" to "I'm going to kill you, fucking lez." Come to find out it's the same in Rebecca's locker.

Keep the notes, no matter how hurtful they may be. If the school does nothing about it, bring it to the police. The school is aware that there is a problem, and if they do nothing to remedy it and something happens to you or Rebecca, then its their asses that are on the line.

Now, if the police do nothing.... hmmm. Don't run to them with the notes, but if it maintains and keeps up, then go for help.

I was shocked and very paranoid but, we went to our first class of the day and everything is normal as normal usually is for me; until the office called and said the principal wants to speak with me and her. So we went down and I went in first. The bastard told me how he's gotten a lot of anonymous complaints about her and I.

That was a lie. Whenever somebody says, "I've gotten a lot of anonymous complains", he really means only two or three people complained.

He lectured me about being to young for a sex life (where he got this crock from I don't know) and tells me that the lord doesn't appreciate what we're doing and I should change or I'll burn (to sum it all up). He goes on to say that if I don't change my behavior then there could be grave consequences for both of us.

Private school, and that you're going to Hell? All that matters in religion is whether or not you believe that you're going to Hell. Tell him he's no spitting (insert approperiate religion here) and that God will forgive all "sinners".

I'm appauled at this but I don't know what to tell him so I bring up the notes. He completely ignores it and calls Rebecca in. The both of us were more than pissed off, but we go thru our day.

Once again, keep the notes and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS. Write it all down, EVERYTHING. A journal, and keep it safe. You can use it as evidence against the school if something happens if you keep a journal. Hell, print off this thread and log it too.

Things were getting worse as the day went on but we got thru it and I went to the bus stop. I was chatting with my friends when this homeless asshole walked by us and just out of the blue starts screaming sexual comments at me (I know he was yelling at me because I'm "no, the asian girl"). He of course hurries his dirt incrusted ass away while I'm sitting there going "wtf?" When I do get on the bus this trailer trash woman gets off because she "can?t stand nig..." You can finish the word.

Ignore the asses. Who gives a damn about what they say, you have something going for you in life, unlike them.

When I got home my mom told me the school called and said she should get help for me and my "problem."

What do your parents say? Do they accept you or do they keep on saying that "you'll change some day" or that "you're going to Hell".... because if they have no problem with who you are, then the most that would change is that you'd switch schools. But then that would leave your GF in the situation of being at the school alone.

I don't understand why people have to hate others for their differences instead of embracing them for it. I'd like scream at the top of my lungs but I don't think that will help.

Crying helps, and then I excersize. That works good for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This has been the story of my day in a nut shell, boring I know but who cares? This isn't the creative writing section. This is where I go to get something off my chest. Whether anyone replies or not or maybe decides to flame me for wasting their precious time matters not to me right now, I'm drained.

Adieu.

Good to know I'm not the only person who rants about stuff like this. PM me if you need advice or help, I'm gay too. I've been through some crap in my life (though nothing like that) but, talking with someone even on the internet can help.

Shanris_1
Mar 23, 2004, 05:41 PM
Yo, Murder, I don't think he knew she was gay...I think he was just being crude and unusual.

hollowtip
Mar 24, 2004, 02:22 AM
On 2004-03-22 22:55, MasterJoel wrote:
secondly, it seems to me like we're only getting half the story. it's highly unlikely that you could get all that hate mail from just kissing her... and if you are sexually active with her, maybe you are too young, though i've always had high moral standards in that subject.

Agreed. You must have had some other incidences involving rebecca and yourself prior to this action. I find it hard to believe your principal would act this strictly over one mild affectionate moment. I'm not defending your peers or the faculty at your school, but I don't think we've heard all the details.

SJ
Mar 24, 2004, 03:21 AM
Ummm when did Kiara log in last?
She hasn't posted in here for a while, see a conection?

anwserman
Mar 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
On 2004-03-24 00:21, SJ wrote:

At least by two days?
That isn't too much. You know, being gone for a couple days, computer is down, etc.?

Kiara
Mar 25, 2004, 12:32 AM
The full story is just that. It's no secret that we have feelings for eachother but that's the first time we did something like that during a school related activity. Hearing an "I love you" out of either of us while in school is very common. The principal is known for being very strict and straight to the point. He's old fashioned and thinks highly of himself.

I'm not going to close my mind off and claim either prefference, the love of my life could be a man or a woman. The homeless guy didn't say anything about me being gay, he was just sexually harrassing me (I honestly don't know why). My mom is very supportive of me no matter what and doesn't care what my prefference is. I never did settle in this school very well. I'd have transfered out in a heartbeat a while back if it weren't for all the great friends who go here.

Thanks for the advice, I'll save the notes.

On 2004-03-24 00:21, SJ wrote:

I'm not online everyday and then sometimes I only check email. Is there something wrong?

SJ
Mar 25, 2004, 04:23 AM
No nothing at all.
Why do you ask?
I just thought the worst may have come to the worst.