PDA

View Full Version : Self-Images

anwserman
Mar 26, 2004, 08:55 PM
I hate it... it SUCKS. Or more importantly, I hate the image that

a) either I give off
or
b) people have of me.

Perfect example happened today. I smoked one more cigarette between classes today (it was squished.) It was more like a memorial to smoking before I gave up the rest of the pack to someone else, to quit smoking before I get addicted. I only took like three or four cigarettes altogether from the package over the last four days, so it was pretty full still.

So, I lit up and two people walked outside. I forgot one's name, and the other person's was Jessica. She sat there, coughed and admitted that she was shocked that she was seeing me do that.

WHAT THE HELL!

Actually, I gave her the rest of the cigs, so it wasn't a big deal... need to stop smoking for a while. Still, do I give that portrayal or crap, that its just amusing to see me do that?

Wednesday night, some friends and I went up to Stargate in Superior, WI for the 18+ night there. It was Kelli, Angela, Mitch and I that went up ourselves (we did see some other people that we knew though.) So, guess what I do? I sit there, everyone else is dancing on the floor and they have a platform with bars you can go up and stuff. So, I ask if somebody wants to join me and they all say "No." So, I go up there, hook up with a couple girls and started to dance semi-dirty.

Holy shit. Nobody expected me to do THAT. Of course it was a good time and all, but nobody expects me to do anything like that.

Another example that I can think of was when I went snowboarding, and I got a bottle of root beer. It was Kelli, Mitch and I. So I sat there, commented on how I needed to finish the beer I had. And I slammed it on the table, the bottle.

Kelli laughed her ass off, saying how strange it was for me to say that, and how out of place it seemed. I think I reddened up in the face and laughed. Damn image!

I mean, its OK to have an image of what people think in your mind, but it just sucks that people have that image and how its the biggest thing in the world when you step out of that image for once.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-03-26 17:57 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Mar 27, 2004, 10:42 AM
... Try giving off a different image ?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Mar 27, 2004, 02:44 PM
I see what you mean. ... I think.
You're annoyed by people who assume things of you, and when you didn't do what they thought you'd do, they get all suprised and laughed?

... That is annoying. I been through that way too much. But then, well people just do that. They just assume something about other people... it helps them keep their world in order and help them sleep at night feeling they have control over the world.

DOn't worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You are you, you do stuff. That is called "full of suprises". And it is a good thing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Mar 27, 2004, 06:19 PM
Ugh. So very true.

I remember I wanted to get to school early, so I headed for the tracks under the bridge.

Then some idiot kid I knew (Who is one grade behind me, 8, so he wasn't in my school anymore) had said, "Oh look, Phil's bein a bad boy, going through the tracks!"

It gives me great pleasure knowing that guy failed Grade 8 and is not coming to MY High School >.<

Outrider
Mar 27, 2004, 09:23 PM
Um... I'm not entirely sure if what I'm about to say is relevant, but here we go:

Yeah, I hate it when people will just assume something about me or the kind of person I am. People will just assume that I always go out to hit up parties, but I got no idea why. Because I'm social? Because I have people skills? I mean, jeez... don't go flipping out on me because I'd rather stick around and blast some music than go get trashed.

I uh... I had some other points... and I promptly forgot them. Meh.

I just like it for people to know me before thinking that I'm a certain way or I do certain things.

Which I think relates to how I HATE it when random girls tell me how pretty my blue eyes are. I mean hey... random girls rock... but enough about the eyes!!!

Ness
Mar 27, 2004, 09:38 PM
This reminds me of the time I said, "I would tap that" around a buch of my friends. They were all stunned becasue they didn't think I had hormones.

Also, people are shocked when they learn that I can freestyle and rave.

Armok
Mar 29, 2004, 09:24 AM
Ppl always seem suprised when I'm attually nice to someone. Really I got to stop being such a jerk all the time.