PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Redneck

_Sinue_
Mar 27, 2004, 12:12 AM
WTF are these people thinking putting an inbred redneck jackass in a position of quality control.. jesus. I mean.. it can't be THAT hard to manage personel right can it? I swear, they're running this company into the ground so that they use it as a tax write off. That has to be it.

The day starts out alright.. I do a little staging, little printing, little catching.. and then after lunch.. I notice they need help catching glassware. Unfortunately, I didn't see who the hell was running the machine. I swear to god this guy looks like he just walked out of a Jeff Foxworthy show.. Nascar hat, bucked teeth, and all. We begin printing emblems on glasses which are to be used as Gel Candles. Normally, if a product is somewhat bad.. we can package it anyhow since we're so far behind. But since this needed further processing, it had to be perfect or else Gel Injection would kick it back and get me in trouble for not catching the errors.

We only had 215 glasses to run. Bout an hour and a half worth of work.. absolute tops. This corn-fed motherf***** must have ran that batch of 215 glasses over 7 times. It took ALL night... all night.. why? Because he was too stupid to fix his goddamn machine and the print kept smearing. I brought the errored glasses up (19 out of 20 were bad on average) and showed him what to look for before putting it on the line. Now granted, I'm the one looking for errors.. but come on.. how stupid do you have to be to keep running the same errors over and over and over and over again. Each time, I have to get a rag, some acetone, and try to clean the glass off.

Now, I'd have a cart FULL of glasses needed to go back for re-work.. and yet that lazy/stupid ****sucker would not pull the cart down 10 feet so that he can do the re-works.. causing me (already busy fixing his mistakes and trying to do a thorough QC job) to run all over the plant looking for extra carts.. and get yelled at because I have no choice but to take them from staging.

Towards the end of the shift, I just said to hell with it and packed up the bad ones as well. Didn't even sign my paper-work. I'm not getting called on that bull****.. expecially if they won't give me an operator that's actually.. you know.. COMPETANT. He should be given a job more suiting his intelligence level.. like putting little boxes in big boxes or something. But no.. they give him a job at the front of the line, which slows down EVERYBODY in front of him on an order that was supposed to ship out LAST MONTH. Ugh..

And to top it off.. this hick has the nerve to get pissed at ME because I keep rejecting his ****-ups. Hello.. unlike someone here.. I get paid to DO MY ****ING JOB!!!

That's just today.. I've seen him **** up even worse. Some nights he'll break nearly 60% of the glassware alloted to the order because he's too stupid to set the height on his machine or position his glasses right. Or course, numb-***s doesn't wear gloves when he's working. He says it makes it harder for him to handle the glass and would cause more breakage. Well so damn what... what's it matter? Either you're going to break it, or I'm going to have to throw it away as a class 3 BIOHAZARD because he's bleeding all over the ****ing place. These are PROM supplies.. you can't send people prom glasses that look like they were packed by someone who just got their arm caught in a chipper shredder.. WTF is he thinking?!?!

It's nights like these.. and BS like this.. that make me wanna wretch when I hear High Schoolers talk about how bad they got it.

God I love my job...

_Ted_
Mar 27, 2004, 01:02 AM
Well, that sucks...are there really that many rednecks in northern California or did you just get the one inbred in the entire area? Does this guy need to possess any skills or have done any training to do his job?

You know, you don't have to censor your words like that. KodiaX987 gets away with it, I don't see why you shouldn't be able too.

_Sinue_
Mar 27, 2004, 01:29 AM
I'm in Indiana.. which yes.. is chock full of trailer trash and rednecks. Yee-****ing-haw...

I usually don't censor myself either. I felt this post exceeded the acceptable limit though. I really didn't feel like getting modded.. even if someone else can get away with it.

Eihwaz
Mar 27, 2004, 02:21 PM
Meh, there's always gonna be some really stupid, fucked up people in this world.

If it would make you feel better, try to apply natural selection here.

If he's THAT stupid, perhaps he'll "accidently" do something foolish and fatal. Like getting stuck in machinery and getting shredded.

He won't realize this, of course, but that was actually his subconcious removing his incredible stupidity from the gene pool. Think Darwin Awards.

Anyway, could you ask someone in charge if you could have him moved? Or be blunt and tell him he's a fucking moron? I dunno. Good luck, anyway.

Inu_Ranma
Mar 27, 2004, 06:36 PM
Yes. There are that many rednecks in Northern California. If you live in Norcal you undoubtedly have heard of Boulder Creek in the past week or so (provided you also watch the news...) Boulder Creek is a pissant little two-block stretch of Alabama inside of California. I shit you not.

Inu, who hates that town.

Pancake
Mar 28, 2004, 03:05 AM
I live in Northern California also, and you wouldn't believe how many hick I encounter each day. If I wear a Giants hat to school I get all these Red Neck hicks that say in a hoarse voice, HEY THE GIANTS SUCK A'S ARE BEST! And Wal Mart, God damn Red Neck city.

opaopajr
Mar 28, 2004, 04:04 AM
people don't believe me, but it's true! california is a very conservative state. if it wasn't for the sf bay area and los angeles we would have never had the phenomenal success story during the middle 20th century. too bad ever since orange county, bakersfield, and san diego settled and grew our conservative population has taken over and absolutely ran this state into the ground. bloody deregulation over civilization staples, such as electricity, work according to "market principles" despite human greed - my ass! gah!

and having been to indiana myself i truly sympathize with you sinue, that's not a very fun place to be, especially if you don't wanna be surrounded by inbred mouth breathers. they are all coming off them appalachian hills looking for some work... having visited kentucky pretty regularly has given me an unfortunate first hand look.

ps: nice rant, by the way. it really conveyed real emotion! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2004-03-28 01:05 ]</font>

hollowtip
Mar 28, 2004, 05:08 AM
On 2004-03-26 21:12, _Sinue_ wrote:
WTF are these people thinking putting an inbred redneck jackass in a position of quality control.. jesus. I mean.. it can't be THAT hard to manage personel right can it? I swear, they're running this company into the ground so that they use it as a tax write off. That has to be it.

The day starts out alright.. I do a little staging, little printing, little catching.. and then after lunch.. I notice they need help catching glassware. Unfortunately, I didn't see who the hell was running the machine. I swear to god this guy looks like he just walked out of a Jeff Foxworthy show.. Nascar hat, bucked teeth, and all. We begin printing emblems on glasses which are to be used as Gel Candles. Normally, if a product is somewhat bad.. we can package it anyhow since we're so far behind. But since this needed further processing, it had to be perfect or else Gel Injection would kick it back and get me in trouble for not catching the errors.

We only had 215 glasses to run. Bout an hour and a half worth of work.. absolute tops. This corn-fed motherf***** must have ran that batch of 215 glasses over 7 times. It took ALL night... all night.. why? Because he was too stupid to fix his goddamn machine and the print kept smearing. I brought the errored glasses up (19 out of 20 were bad on average) and showed him what to look for before putting it on the line. Now granted, I'm the one looking for errors.. but come on.. how stupid do you have to be to keep running the same errors over and over and over and over again. Each time, I have to get a rag, some acetone, and try to clean the glass off.

Now, I'd have a cart FULL of glasses needed to go back for re-work.. and yet that lazy/stupid ****sucker would not pull the cart down 10 feet so that he can do the re-works.. causing me (already busy fixing his mistakes and trying to do a thorough QC job) to run all over the plant looking for extra carts.. and get yelled at because I have no choice but to take them from staging.

Towards the end of the shift, I just said to hell with it and packed up the bad ones as well. Didn't even sign my paper-work. I'm not getting called on that bull****.. expecially if they won't give me an operator that's actually.. you know.. COMPETANT. He should be given a job more suiting his intelligence level.. like putting little boxes in big boxes or something. But no.. they give him a job at the front of the line, which slows down EVERYBODY in front of him on an order that was supposed to ship out LAST MONTH. Ugh..

And to top it off.. this hick has the nerve to get pissed at ME because I keep rejecting his ****-ups. Hello.. unlike someone here.. I get paid to DO MY ****ING JOB!!!

That's just today.. I've seen him **** up even worse. Some nights he'll break nearly 60% of the glassware alloted to the order because he's too stupid to set the height on his machine or position his glasses right. Or course, numb-***s doesn't wear gloves when he's working. He says it makes it harder for him to handle the glass and would cause more breakage. Well so damn what... what's it matter? Either you're going to break it, or I'm going to have to throw it away as a class 3 BIOHAZARD because he's bleeding all over the ****ing place. These are PROM supplies.. you can't send people prom glasses that look like they were packed by someone who just got their arm caught in a chipper shredder.. WTF is he thinking?!?!

It's nights like these.. and BS like this.. that make me wanna wretch when I hear High Schoolers talk about how bad they got it.

God I love my job...

What is it exactly that you do?

Print images on glassware using machinery that people order from you?

_Sinue_
Mar 28, 2004, 12:04 PM
There's two parts to the company, and I'm just currently being cross trained on the second part. We make Prom and Party supplies for Highschools and corperations. Lately there's been alot of birthday kits and holiday kits to make some side cash when the busy season is over.

The South building makes the cardboard theme kits and backdrops.. while the North building makes the keychains, glasses, napkins, candles, and other stuff. Anything that has to be personalized with the school name and year and all that.

http://www.stumpsprom.com/

See that "On the Wings of Love" kit with the Butterflies? I cut that one for prototype when they were doing their catalog photoshoots. Had to stay over like 20 minuites cause those smaller butterflies take so goddamn long to cut. But hey.. I like that.. cause it gives me plenty of time to play my GameBoy Advance.

BTW: Don't ever order from Stumps. Expecially durring Prom season. They may look professional.. but I tell you.. that's probably the most screwed up company I've ever worked it. I couldn't even begin to go into the level of incompetance found there. It's truely amazing. Currently, we're about a month and a half behind in getting orders out. Last year, we had about 1,000 backorder kits at this time. This year, we have 300.. but only because we're not cutting full kits. We're cutting just pieces and stocking them on the shelf to make it more "assebly line" like. No.. this year, we're about 30,000 R1 (Kit pieces) behind. So we're in the same hole we were.. we're just calling it a different name and patting each other on the back for getting kit backorders down to 300. Unfortunately, since those pieces are sitting on shelves in a warehouse that's WAAAY to small for them.. they mostly get damaged by trying to cram them all in place or turn to mush when the roof leaks and all the cardboard gets wet. Smokes (a pissed off customer sending pieces back because they're wrong, damaged, or otherwise unsatisfactory) have gone up by 33%.

I think they're lying when they say they are the "Largest" Prom and Party supply store. PromNight (who we plaugerize most all of our ideas off of) is probably the largest, and we're fighting with Andersons (who plaugerizes off of us) for the #2 spot. Then again.. there's only three companys out there who make these supplies.. so being #2 doesn't exactly mean we're doing well.