PDA

View Full Version : I am not going to be a vegitarian but these pictures got me

Pancake
Apr 4, 2004, 12:04 AM
Sad Sad Sad...A River turned red because of slaughtered Dolphins, read the stuff on this website it makes you think. Do you want to eat meat or not? I can't live without meat but people eating dogs, cats, dolphins...Makes me sick. But in some cultures I guess they do that, Like Whale hunting with Native Americans and such

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Creinus_Man on 2004-04-03 22:40 ]</font>

Bender202
Apr 4, 2004, 01:10 AM
If it makes u feel that bad y post it somewhere else so other people feel sic? I'd just contact who ever postd it and tell them it isnt appropriate.

Ness
Apr 4, 2004, 08:53 AM
What's this website? If it's PETA.org or some other site, I can already tell you that what they say is a load of BS.

Firocket1690
Apr 4, 2004, 09:09 AM
Well, without the link (http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/index.html), this rant is almost pointless... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif
but still ... =/

Siris
Apr 4, 2004, 09:15 AM
That sounds pretty nasty. I get a little freaked sometimes when I handle animal flesh while cooking. I mean if you look at a piece of steak and contemplate what it is, it really is rather revolting. The same with hamburger, I can't stomach touching it or rolling it into balls to cook hamburgers with because it grosses me out too much. It's not enough to make me go vegan though, I follow a low-carb lifestyle and it just doesn't leave as many food choices without the meat.

Kizaragu
Apr 4, 2004, 09:18 AM
I just took one quick look at the site and left.
I can't bear to look at any of the links on that page as I know what's coming. :(

SpikeOtacon
Apr 4, 2004, 11:31 AM
I was so bored I clicked on the cat and fox sections. I don't eat much meat, but this makes me even happier that I live off of ramen.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 4, 2004, 12:01 PM
i love how they neglect to mention what kind of studies were being done on the cats..
aside from this, most of this crap is wrong.. but guess what the reality is? you cant stop or help stop it. if you cant deal with it.. then ignore it.. really.
-xero

Ness
Apr 4, 2004, 12:12 PM
I like how they keep repeating the term "abomination against God," but they don't mention anything aobut abortions on that page. Now I'm not pro-life, but if you think killing animals is an "abomination against God," then wouldn't killing embryoes be one too?

echo-2003
Apr 4, 2004, 01:47 PM
On 2004-04-04 10:12, Ness wrote:
I like how they keep repeating the term "abomination against God," but they don't mention anything aobut abortions on that page. Now I'm not pro-life, but if you think killing animals is an "abomination against God," then wouldn't killing embryoes be one too?

Depends, Is it developed? or is it just a single celled oraganism? I'm no expert on this but I don't think any of us really know when life happens or what life is if you ask me.

I don't want to get philosophical but I'm pretty sure my cat that is sitting in my lap right now and I are more alive then a single cell. But are the cells that make up me and my cat alive? So for now, I'm going to say that a creature that "is" is more alive then a single cell.

I know u or somone else is just going to respond with "well then where do you think you came from" thing but that's just how I look at it.

Blitzkommando
Apr 4, 2004, 01:58 PM
Meh... I feel nothing for it. PETA makes me more sick than the animals. Onesided site that just wants to make a political point using graphic images to stir up emotions. Bah... *continues eating juicy hamburger*

Pancake
Apr 4, 2004, 03:25 PM
It's a Hippie's Site. Or I would think, just an animal lover. The red river of dolphin blood and the guy with 10 dead dolphins on his boat got to me. But I bet that they were taking the dead dolphins out not eating them.

Blitzkommando
Apr 4, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-04-04 13:25, Pancake wrote:
It's a Hippie's Site. Or I would think, just an animal lover. The red river of dolphin blood and the guy with 10 dead dolphins on his boat got to me. But I bet that they were taking the dead dolphins out not eating them.

But if they were eating them at least someone got some use out of them. No different than cows for food. Illegally hunting on the other hand... Law is law. But should it be done legally, meh... At least someone isn't hungry anymore.

Ness
Apr 4, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-04-04 11:47, echo-2003 wrote:

Depends, Is it developed? or is it just a single celled oraganism? I'm no expert on this but I don't think any of us really know when life happens or what life is if you ask me.

Life is the ability to live, act, and grow.

I don't want to get philosophical but I'm pretty sure my cat that is sitting in my lap right now and I are more alive then a single cell. But are the cells that make up me and my cat alive? So for now, I'm going to say that a creature that "is" is more alive then a single cell.

Really? That depends on your definition of alive. For me, something being more alive than something else has to do with the vitality of the organism, not its position on the evolutionary totem pole.

Kasumi19
Apr 4, 2004, 08:47 PM
Here are my thoughts on the subject. I have no problem with people consuming meat. Humans have consumed meat since they first walked the earth and it is only within the last 100 or so years that people really started questioning this. As for the meat that people consume, it is really culturally based. Some cultures find it acceptable to eat dogs and cats and others find it to be revolting. There are even some cultures that have rituals where they consume people.

I do however have problems with animal experimentation. It is unnecessary and cruel. I think that using animals for testing cosmetics is one of the worst because they torture animals so that humans can look good.

Ness
Apr 4, 2004, 08:50 PM
I think animal experimentation is a good thing. I mean, it's better than experimenting on humans.

Blitzkommando
Apr 4, 2004, 08:59 PM
On 2004-04-04 18:50, Ness wrote:
I think animal experimentation is a good thing. I mean, it's better than experimenting on humans.

Hitler and the Soviet Union are proof of this... They did experiments on humans...

Kasumi19
Apr 4, 2004, 10:38 PM
On 2004-04-04 20:37, Kasumi19 wrote:

On 2004-04-04 18:59, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Hitler and the Soviet Union are proof of this... They did experiments on humans...

Hitler and I am sure you mean Stalin representing the Soviet Union were not the first people to experiment and torture human beings and they won't be the last. Stalin was so crazy towards the end of his life that he would rip pages out of the phone book and gave orders to have everyone on the page killed because he was paranoid. Some people get a charge out of doing stuff like that. I had a friend in high school who thought that death row inmates should be experimented on rather than using animals. He even made a logical argument for it in our American government class.

Kuea
Apr 4, 2004, 10:40 PM
On 2004-04-04 07:09, Firocket1690 wrote:
Well, without the link (http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/index.html), this rant is almost pointless... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif
but still ... =/

oh my god.
I coulden't even look i almost puked.
oh god who could do that to those cats

BogusKun
Apr 4, 2004, 11:25 PM
Please...

For some reason, not even I can take this...

This topic should be locked. For certain reasons I can't explain.

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 06:05 AM
On 2004-04-04 20:37, Kasumi19 wrote:

On 2004-04-04 18:59, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Hitler and I am sure you mean Stalin representing the Soviet Union were not the first people to experiment and torture human beings and they won't be the last. Stalin was so crazy towards the end of his life that he would rip pages out of the phone book and gave orders to have everyone on the page killed because he was paranoid. Some people get a charge out of doing stuff like that. I had a friend in high school who thought that death row inmates should be experimented on rather than using animals. He even made a logical argument for it in our American government class.

Deathrow or not, humans should not be experimented on against their will.

HotWaterDeath
Apr 5, 2004, 08:14 AM
Blasted vegan propaganda. I'm a "veggie" and even I hate those idiots.

As far as animal experimentation and the like, I fully agree that, while it can be somewhat distateful, the end result is far better than testing on human beings. If you hate animal testing, then you might as well abstain from the usage of any form of modern medicine, hair product, etc. - because "all" (Or the vast majority of them, I should say.) those products were developed through animal experimentation.

Second, it is interesting that most "animal rights" activists are all for abortion. I find it appalling.

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 09:37 AM
What most Animals Rights activists fail to mention is that some animal experimentation is beneficial to the animal species as a whole.

Eihwaz
Apr 5, 2004, 12:53 PM
Animal experimintation is good, to a point. It will likely help find cures for horrible diseases. Being able to cure AIDS, or maybe cancer will be worth a few mice or other small animals. Testing shouldn't be torturing them, though.

But maybe, they should also use prisoners as test subjects. Like, convicted murderers, etc. A few might feel remorse for their crimes, and want to redeem themselves to society...so they could volunteer for testing.

Cosmetic testing? I dunno. Why don't they just use prisoners and stuff? I mean, all they use is like hair-care products, and skin lotion...right?

And eating meat...People can eat whatever they choose. If you want to be a vegan, fine. Probably a good idea, quite healthy if done right. But don't whine about meat, and try to get it banned from everyone...

Guile
Apr 6, 2004, 02:56 AM
Dolphin taste good.
Especially when mixed in your tuna can.

BogusKun
Apr 6, 2004, 03:27 AM
Heh... I heard about that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In 6th grade.

-Geshtar-
Apr 6, 2004, 07:08 AM
Gotta eat, eat the closest thing near by.

RedFox
Apr 7, 2004, 10:37 AM
time for my controvesial veiw on this...

im as much of an animal lover as the next person, but i'll eat a panda sandwich if hungry enough

Guile
Apr 7, 2004, 04:15 PM
Mmmmmmm...Panda

War_Child
Apr 7, 2004, 05:45 PM
People need to eat, and people are omnivores. Meat = on the menu. Different areas and cultures eat different kind of meat. It's reality people, it's not much different from the animal kingdom in your back yard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Spiders trap their kills in web, wrap them up, biting them to paralyze them with their venom, then suck the blood out of the insect. Should we run a crusade against spiders?

If the God spoken of on the site didn't intend for people to eat meat, then He wouldn't have made carni/omnivores, if you want to argue from that side.

Experimentation is also needed to cure diseases, as earlier mentioned. Without experimentation, we wouldn't have many of the life saving medications and procedures we have today. Furthermore, without Hitler's World War 2 era experiments, plenty of our beloved medical technologies would be non-existant. Not calling Hitler a saint, but the experiments had a fancy payoff, despite the tragedy. Probably the worst example to use http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Experimentation on animals has lead to drugs enhancing and lengthening the lives of those with Alzheimers, various heart problems, cancer, AIDS, the list goes on. If one enjoys these luxuries, they have no right to whine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2004-04-07 15:48 ]</font>

KaFKa
Apr 7, 2004, 06:01 PM
i actually laughed at the site and the pictures.

and the ptea or whatever those wackos are called are just moronic, and should be imprisoned within a slaughterhouse, just for a laugh.