PDA

View Full Version : if your game freezes

nozedive13
Feb 20, 2001, 12:23 PM
i had the game freeze up on me today, and I didn't lose my character. here's what happened:
I was using an Ice special arms shotgun (how ironic). While shooting my special, all the action on screen froze. The music kept playing but nothing else was happening.
THis is what I did:
First I unplugged the line to my BBA in efforts to get it to recognise that there was no more connection. Usually it will detect no connection and save out to quit. This didn't happen. So after just waiting a while, I turned my DC off. When I turned it back on, my character was still there, but all the items I was holding were gone. Anything I had equipped, was still there.
Better than losing your character, even though I lost a coupla good items.

Cliftonium
Feb 20, 2001, 09:59 PM
Interestingly enough, I had a different type of game lockup yesterday, and last weekend. Both times, I was in Puck/09, VH/Ruins3, fighting a Chaos Sorcerer. Initially, the game started giving the symptoms of the BSOD (no item drop, text chat doesn't work, item pickup doesn't work right), but cleared up. After a bit, I got a message from a friend on a different server (Ophelia) who suffered a full-on BSOD (loss of unequipped items), but our game recovered fine. After that, thinking the game was okay, I ventured back into the ruins, and when I hit the chaos sorcerer, the dreamcast just reset itself. Luckily, I had stored all my important items (2 mags mainly) in the deposit room. Unluckily though, while exploring the ruins after the fact, I had picked up a GOD/ARM, and some special slicer (didn't ID), which were both lost.

Doh!