PDA

View Full Version : Something Fishy!(details inside)

The_Pew
Apr 8, 2004, 09:51 AM
For some time now Ive noticed something fishy happening in my ACADD class. At the beginning of the year I was told I would be in Skills USA to compet for a title of best in the USA, but later in the year the teacher says the three member team has been changed and I am no longer in it although the other two people get to stay in the team. He doesn't give any reason why he changed the team up, all he says is that the three new members are the top three marked(highest graded) people in the class. Today I found out I have been at the very top the whole time and was going to be the student of the year for ACADD, but my question is how can the best student not go to Skills USA? Oh yeah only two out of the three took the top 3. The guy who took my place didnt even place in the top three.

PaleKid15
Apr 8, 2004, 01:56 PM
Ummm... your teaher hates you? Either that or...GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! lol.

Skuda
Apr 8, 2004, 02:49 PM
yes, conspiracy indeed. Well, From how I see it, you're getting the short end of the stick.

solution: take the stick and beat some sense into your teacher!

Pancake
Apr 9, 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-04-08 07:51, The_Pew wrote:
For some time now Ive noticed something fishy happening in my ACADD class. At the beginning of the year I was told I would be in Skills USA to compet for a title of best in the USA, but later in the year the teacher says the three member team has been changed and I am no longer in it although the other two people get to stay in the team. He doesn't give any reason why he changed the team up, all he says is that the three new members are the top three marked(highest graded) people in the class. Today I found out I have been at the very top the whole time and was going to be the student of the year for ACADD, but my question is how can the best student not go to Skills USA? Oh yeah only two out of the three took the top 3. The guy who took my place didnt even place in the top three.

Are those kids "Popular" Kids? Because sometimes those kids are favored by some teachers for reasons I wonder why? If they were or not go to the princapal and tell him what happened. A teacher may say they changed their mind but thats really lying and thats really fucked up to lie to a student

KodiaX987
Apr 9, 2004, 08:55 PM
Talk to a superior and show him your stats. If you are indeed among the tops, then they have no reason to get you away from the competition.

Armok
Apr 10, 2004, 04:34 AM
On 2004-04-09 18:55, KodiaX987 wrote:
Talk to a superior and show him your stats. If you are indeed among the tops, then they have no reason to get you away from the competition.

Do you have rich parents who are on the PTA I bet the other kids do. I would just say fuck it. You dont want to have to do a load of extra work anyway. Go play baseball or summit insted.

KodiaX987
Apr 10, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-04-10 02:34, Armok wrote:

Do you have rich parents who are on the PTA I bet the other kids do. I would just say fuck it. You dont want to have to do a load of extra work anyway. Go play baseball or summit insted.

What does cash have to do with this situation? It's a question of principles, not bribing...

Arislan
Apr 11, 2004, 01:49 AM
Heh, we called it Acadec...
In any case, yes, show the principal the current grading standards, and ask why it happened. The eacher is obviously not making a fiar decision, and some explanation should be given. It's your education, and you have every right to make it the best it can be, and that means questioning things.