PDA

View Full Version : Vacation plans...!

anwserman
Apr 8, 2004, 07:36 PM
OK, last February I was going to go down to Green Bay with Mitch to have some fun times with his friends since it was going to be my birthday, the weekend of the 20th-22nd.

Well, that didn't happen because Mitch fucked up his ankle the day before we were supposed to leave. And since it was an "Act of God" situation, the work schedule was already done and three days were counted against me... we can ask so many days off a year (about 15-20ish). So, subtract three from that total.

Now, this month. I was wondering if I could go down there not this weekend, but the one after. So, I put it in the days-off book tenatively that I would need them off, and to cross those days off if I found out he had plans with his family. Well, I just got an email from Mitch saying that he's going down with his family to see his mom's cousin that weekend. OK, its all good... I called down to work to ask Randi (our head manager who does the schedule) to cross those days off for me before she did the schedule next week... so they wouldn't count against me.

I call. I ask. She lets me know that the SCHEDULE IS ALREADY DONE. I was like, "What?!?!?!?!? I thought Friday was the deadline to ask for days off!" Nope, she lets me know that it was Thursday. NOON. I sat there... and she said that its sucky that I couldn't go, since that weekend was scheduled off for me. I said that she typically does the schedule Sunday during the day, and that I thought I had enough time to let her know. Well, she said that I only have two shifts this coming week and she might sneak another shift in for me... but those days BETTER not count against me.

Stupid rant, yes.
I just want to laugh my head off right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-04-08 17:43 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 8, 2004, 10:27 PM
See, that didn't take long after all, did it?

I figure if we give answerman from a few hours to about 2 days, he'll solve all of his problems himself.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Schedules suck.

BogusKun
Apr 8, 2004, 11:21 PM
On 2004-04-08 17:36, anwserman wrote:

Well, that didn't happen because Mitch fucked up his ankle the day before we were supposed to leave. And since it was an "Act of God" situation, the work schedule was already done and three days were counted against me... we can ask so many days off a year (about 15-20ish). So, subtract three from that total.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-04-08 17:43 ]</font>

Normally if you request MORE days off, it'll get you fired...
I seen my dad fire 3 people for that in the past 4 years.

Armok
Apr 9, 2004, 03:17 AM
Thats why you gotta love the public sector. You can just go on sick for months on end. Sure you'll never be promoted but you'll never get docked play and you can have up to 6months off per year. Sweet!

anwserman
Apr 9, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-04-08 20:27, Solstis wrote:
See, that didn't take long after all, did it?

I figure if we give answerman from a few hours to about 2 days, he'll solve all of his problems himself.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Schedules suck.

I hate you Solstis. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
You spoke the truth though!