PDA

View Full Version : names on pso

TheRedNeck
Apr 10, 2004, 09:36 PM
ok this is totally pizzing me off.....on pso i had a totally off the wall name "Virgo" ok i got it from the back of a pasta box for cripes sake and some fool comes on with my name and says he was the "original Virgo" when i was the original virgo from the dc version. sry but i think its wrong that other ppl get to take names from others....-Virgo

Cheep
Apr 10, 2004, 09:43 PM
Heh,that wasn't nice of the other guy... My brother doesn't care if someone else is named teddy,its a common name. Now if someone saw your name then used it they would be copying,they could have thought it up independantly however. I wouldn't accuse someone of taking my names if they thought it up themself,but no one ever uses my names http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I'd be interested if someone else thought up some of the names I come up with(sanji was soo weird).

Tai
Apr 11, 2004, 12:09 AM
I'd try to be more original, instead of getting names form pasta boxes and crap, you saying that reminds me of a guy i saw in dc named SelsonBlue you know that shampo0,i thought him as the biggest dumba$$ on the planet, the thing was he wasnt even blue he was red, but ne ways that my advice, just be a lil more original, and dont use ne more DBZ names because thats annoying as hell. seriously.

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 07:55 AM
A few of my characters have original names while some don't. Some people ask me if I'm the original 'Marina', but I'm not. They ask me if I'm 'Sil'fer', I'm 'Chibi Sil'fer'.

Boxblaster666
Apr 11, 2004, 11:16 AM
heh, i'd like to see anyone use my name (Boxblaster)
But the name i see most is Ryu, or something similar to it, like Ryu20 or something.

Aular
Apr 11, 2004, 12:50 PM
On 2004-04-10 19:36, TheRedNeck wrote:
ok this is totally pizzing me off.....on pso i had a totally off the wall name "Virgo" ok i got it from the back of a pasta box for cripes sake and some fool comes on with my name and says he was the "original Virgo" when i was the original virgo from the dc version. sry but i think its wrong that other ppl get to take names from others....-Virgo

Er. Well. 'Virgo' is one of the 12 Signs of the Zodiac. So, it's very feasible that others have this name for characters as well, as information on the Zodiac and following of it have been around for millenia.

Aular

TheRedNeck
Apr 11, 2004, 12:54 PM
no sh!t dude i knew that but see the thing is the guy went online with the name Raven as if thats not an over rated name already he said "Virgo thats a cool name" came back online with a formar thaat looked the same as mine and started tellen ppl that he was me so no sh!t about the zodiac thing

PhotonDrop
Apr 11, 2004, 01:26 PM
PhotonDrop, Remix, Techno, and Camila

only one of them I can see being used by someone else.

Guile
Apr 11, 2004, 02:41 PM
It's not like Virgo is'nt well known, is'nt it one of those ehh sign thingies?
I'd tell you my names but you would steal them...

TheRedNeck
Apr 11, 2004, 06:00 PM
dude im the one b!tching about it not like imma steal ur sh!t seriously man id be a hypocrite

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 08:07 PM
A lot of people come up with good designs for the variable costumes and features that people can use and I am beginning to like some of them. I can see your arguement for the name thing, but sadly there is no trademark or copyright law for that.

Sure people will copy names because they think the name is cool or they'll copy because their asses (that's if they copy the same costume as well), like in Silver-X's case in Episode III.

---

Just make sure the only ones that know you are your friends. If your friends don't know who you are, then tell them to do a guild card search. If you're there, you're there. If you're not, then do whatever you want to the other person. If he's causing trouble, go to another place.

Firocket1690
Apr 11, 2004, 11:46 PM
meh~
All my chars'
Enya
Ayla
Yulia
Crystal Kay
Shadow

Most are female, but Shadow , came out of nowhere.
I still don't know where the hell shadow came from, kept him (humar) since dc though. lol. still rather popular and overused name. put a 'dark' before anything and it's considered a cool name apparantly.
ive seen 'dark link', 'dark shadow', and oh hell, even a 'dark goku'. ironically all three were humars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Scejntjynahl
Apr 12, 2004, 07:10 PM
Try and create your own name, spell it the way you want to. This makes it original, and hard to copy.

BrokenHope
Apr 13, 2004, 06:44 AM
On 2004-04-11 21:46, Firocket1690 wrote:
meh~
All my chars'
Enya
Ayla
Yulia
Crystal Kay
Shadow

Most are female, but Shadow , came out of nowhere.
I still don't know where the hell shadow came from, kept him (humar) since dc though. lol. still rather popular and overused name. put a 'dark' before anything and it's considered a cool name apparantly.
ive seen 'dark link', 'dark shadow', and oh hell, even a 'dark goku'. ironically all three were humars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Enya wouldn't happen to be a RAmarl would it? If so I've talked to you before, I'm a HUmar called Vengeance.

Stricker
Apr 13, 2004, 01:04 PM
Vengeance? I think I saw you a few times too. hehe

Orange_Coconut
Apr 13, 2004, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about it all too much, there are other great names to create in that game. I liked the name <Remix> for my RAcast, but chances are there are many other people with that name.

I try to think of names that nobody else would use, but sometimes I just like the name I think of. Remix was made because the first RAcast I made (when I was still new, my second character), he was a Pinkal. That just didn't really work out for me, so I deleted him and remade him.

But I bet there are some other names that you find you might like just as much. It just takes some thinking really.

therealdeal
Apr 16, 2004, 09:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me, regardless of originality, why my XBOX won't let me use the name Raistlin? How original can you expect to be among thousands of users. Besides what do they say about a rose by any other name?

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 10:29 AM
let's go through these original names one by one...

PhotonDrop: it's the name of an item..not original
Remix: emm Puffy?
Techno: Yeah i don't have a friend nicked Techno...
Camila: Common female name dif way of spelling it tho
Enya: Not original, but most never even think of it
Ayla: nice way of respelling...original enough
Yulia: Heard it before, plus yulla is pretty close
Crystal Kay: Not even goin there...unoriginal
Shadow: WAAAAAAY not
Virgo: Of course none have any knowledge of the 12 zodiac signs...not a one...

Durakken was my name before stupid posers came out that use the game name of Draken...I can even explain it's formatiin and history...also there is absolutely nonone with it...it's all mine *huggles name*

Nai_Calus
Apr 16, 2004, 11:38 AM
If I ever see ANYONE else, let alone a RAcast, with the name Kal'Roth-ylt, I will eat my FOmar's hat.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 16, 2004, 11:48 AM
My brother-in-law has found a few people trying to imitate Dragoon, before. He reports that one person even claimed to be him. Now admittedly, I would expect a few other people to have come up with the name "Dragoon". It's a fairly common name, and heck, my brother-in-law got it from Starcraft. But when you come across a big, black HUcast named Dragoon, some questions are raised. Which would indeed be why I have Dragoon's Guild Card number written down in my profile here on PSO World. People wishing for authentication need only recieve Dragoon's guild card, and check the number against the number in my profile. Authentic!

Zzzzzz
Apr 16, 2004, 01:17 PM
I,eh, can't go online but I was wondering if anyone has any of these names:
Zzzzzz(green HUmar)
Queen Sollah(purple FOmarl)
Shila(black HUnewearl)

Eh, I don't think anyone would come up with the name Zzzzzz. I did come across some people with my newer screen name, Solazy, on some other online games.

BogusKun
Apr 16, 2004, 03:30 PM
C A P C O M and S N K !!!

Don't copy us ^ ^

Siris
Apr 16, 2004, 05:07 PM
No offense to anyone named Sephiroth or anything but it would be nice if you could pick a name and have no one else use it...it's weird running to so many different chars that all chose the same name...just weird. Oh, and annoying too.

KodiaX987
Apr 16, 2004, 08:09 PM
BTW, why did you stick "no offense" at the beginning of your post? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheRedNeck
Apr 16, 2004, 10:31 PM
I think it symbolizes that she has a conscience and should be punished for it....jk lol

PhotonDrop
Apr 17, 2004, 12:21 AM
On 2004-04-16 08:29, DurakkenX wrote:

*shakes head in disgust*

When did I say this was original? never

I said this:
PhotonDrop, Remix, Techno, and Camila

only one of them I can see being used by someone else.

See the difference?

And Camila is pronounced 'Ka-me-ya' not 'Cam-ill-uh'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-04-17 11:31 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 01:42 AM
let's go through these original names one by one...

Techno: Yeah i don't have a friend nicked Techno...
Camila: Common female name dif way of spelling it tho
Enya: Not original, but most never even think of it
Ayla: nice way of respelling...original enough
Yulia: Heard it before, plus yulla is pretty close
Crystal Kay: Not even goin there...unoriginal
Shadow: WAAAAAAY not
Virgo: Of course none have any knowledge of the 12 zodiac signs...not a one...

Durakken was my name before stupid posers came out that use the game name of Draken...I can even explain it's formatiin and history...also there is absolutely nonone with it...it's all mine *huggles name*

No offense, but fuck off.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif
Tis be your opinion. I've been jumping ships every now and then. I have never seen anyone else with my chars' except fro shadow.

TheRedNeck
Apr 17, 2004, 12:15 PM
Amen

PhotonDrop
Apr 17, 2004, 01:47 PM
I'd like to know where the hell this guy gets off.

With all the people in the world there is a big chance that somebody might pick names like Dime or PhotonDrop or Enya but does this mean that people cant have the name Draken?

Draken is a common name itself, wow you can tell its history. Thats good for you but somebody that doesn't know you even exist will pick that name, maybe even make it sound like Romanized Japanese, so dont tell people their name isnt original when yours is not either.

Sef
Apr 17, 2004, 03:09 PM
Durakken, you seem like a bright guy, but you're coming off as an ass. A lot of the posts I see from you are either sarcasm filled or put downs.

Hey, well some people just aren't good at coming up with names. And really, if you think about it, almost everything comes from something.

Look at my names:

Sef - Last 3 letters of my name.
Hub - A character from another videogame
Mal Vive - A combination of two girls names/nicknames.

And Hell, if you don't like it, just change your character's look to something else you like. Or maybe have a symbol chat that's all yours. There's probably not going to be much you can do agains't your clones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-04-17 13:10 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 18, 2004, 12:10 AM
I create my characters for storyline purposes. I use real names, they aren't suuposed to be extremely creative...

PJ - My first 2 innitials, obviously my RL nickname, hence being the character that reprisents me

Sarah - I just thought up Sarah while creating a FOnewearl on DV v1. Of course, now she has an actual purpose in my PSo stories (As do all my characters, and quite deeply, too! I should write more RPs/Fanfics...)

SUPAH CHAO - Alright, so his real name is Gold (I intend to use his real name in Episode 3). So what's unoriginal about the name, "Gold?" It's a name I've used commonly in RPG's. (And if you read my sprite comics, the Chao that is SUPAH CHAO is named Gold... kinda the point)

Kirin - I got this name from Golden Sun, which I'm sure is from some mythology thing. I even met another character named Kirin online, so meh.

Monaco Chao - Alright. You cannot say this guy is not [s]mythe most original character ever. The name of a country principality + Chao http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (He also uses the most original equipment... but I guess any Ranger that doesn't use Spread Needle and/or Frozen Shooter is using original Ranger equipment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Gold.EXE - Can you guess? SUPAH CHAO's real name + Application thingy. Basically, from Megaman Battle Network (With all there, "Net Navis." XP)

Yamikarusu - Japanese name of the Pokemon, Murkrow. That's it.

Sudo Kupo - Sudo = Imitation, Kupo = Friend (?) [I think]. So basically, her name is very true. As in, she's evil http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Budokai - One of my favourite words to say... come on, tell me you don't enjoy just yelling out of nowhere, BUDOKAI!!!

Alright, so I'm just a freak XP

EDIT: It's ok if you don't understood aword I said, I'm tired x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-04-17 22:12 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Apr 18, 2004, 12:32 AM
On 2004-04-17 22:10, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Kirin - I got this name from Golden Sun, which I'm sure is from some mythology thing. I even met another character named Kirin online, so meh.

The one in GS is the flaming beast, so i assume the mythological one has something to do with fire.

Gold.EXE - Can you guess? SUPAH CHAO's real name + Application thingy. Basically, from Megaman Battle Network (With all there, "Net Navis." XP)
they use .exe for typical extenstions in the real computer world, not just the game.
Type C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe
and iTunes will open. Just an example off the top of my head.

Budokai - One of my favourite words to say... come on, tell me you don't enjoy just yelling out of nowhere, BUDOKAI!!!
Evil dbz people .... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 10:24 AM
On 2004-04-17 11:47, PhotonDrop wrote:
I'd like to know where the hell this guy gets off.

With all the people in the world there is a big chance that somebody might pick names like Dime or PhotonDrop or Enya but does this mean that people cant have the name Draken?

Draken is a common name itself, wow you can tell its history. Thats good for you but somebody that doesn't know you even exist will pick that name, maybe even make it sound like Romanized Japanese, so dont tell people their name isnt original when yours is not either.

No duh...did i say it was specifically original..i said the way it is IS...I know for a fact it is because it is copyrighted by me's and look under just about anything with Durakken and it will be me. X is because i made a mistake lol.

Like i said other people are now popping up with the name Draken or Drakken..because of Drakenguard and Drakken the games...as for original names...try..

ZerCronus(obvious name formation), Kalegro, Cieryn (i think actually is used somewhere), Velin, Darusic, or Niemez (i think this is somewhere too). Findthose name anywhere and i'll be surprised.

If you don't get ZerCronus..it's easy (Zero - o + Greek/Roman Titan also coming from the latin word for time)

Orange_Coconut
Apr 18, 2004, 01:48 PM

I really don't know what that means, but I was just saying I named my guy <Remix> because he was a re-done version of my RAcast.

I know it's not original, but I really don't mind if I saw someone else with the name. Almost all my other characters have names I thought up of, but I would think it'd be cool if someone had the same name, it would mean someone thinks along the same lines as I do.

navci
Apr 18, 2004, 02:16 PM
I'd like to see another FOnewm name Si'ev. Because if there is, he is so definitely a copy. I am sorry to say this, but Si'ev is a celebrity newm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kidding. I don't care.
Why do people care about this "I am the only this and that, I am the first this and that." So you are the only whatsoever in a game, big deal.

Everyone is unique in their own ways. No two people are the same. It says something about your own mentality if you have to claim you are the first or only this and that and feel the need to brag about it or accuse others of being unoriginal or "copying" you.

If someone copy you, you should even feel honoured, cuz there must be something really great about you that people want to "copy" you. No?

PJ
Apr 18, 2004, 03:17 PM
On 2004-04-17 22:32, Firocket1690 wrote:
they use .exe for typical extenstions in the real computer world, not just the game.
Type C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe
and iTunes will open. Just an example off the top of my head.

I know that, it's just for a robot to be named with that extension is from MMBN ^-^ Well, they don't really have robots, but same thing >.> .exe = application

Evil dbz people .... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I actually knew the word before the game came out ^-^;;; (Not a DBZ fan). Budokai means tournament, btw.

Robo47
Apr 18, 2004, 03:48 PM
Theres a game for PS2 called War of the Monsters, and within it, is a fighter called Robo47, where as mine first sprouted in DCv1, at first I was pissed, but then I realized that it would be fun to keep a name for a different game.

Aular
Apr 19, 2004, 11:21 AM
On 2004-04-17 22:32, Firocket1690 wrote:

On 2004-04-17 22:10, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

The one in GS is the flaming beast, so i assume the mythological one has something to do with fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirin

According to this website, "Kirin" is the Japanese pronounciation of the mythical Chinese beast called a "qilin". A "qilin" is a single-horned, deer-like beast depicted in art with fire all over it's body. It punishes sinners.

Some folks translate "Qilin" or "Kirin" as "Unicorn" into English.

*bows*
Aular of the Light

PJ
Apr 19, 2004, 04:05 PM
On 2004-04-19 09:21, Aular wrote:
A "qilin" is a single-horned, deer-like beast depicted in art with fire all over it's body.

Since I knew that Kirin in Golden Sun was a fire-type summon, I wanted to have Kirin have only the foie-series of techniques (Outside of recovery and support, of course). That didn't work out, as my friend taught her Gizonde when I let him borrow my memory card @_@

It punishes sinners.

Funny, considering I meant for this character to be evil XD

Thanks for the info Aular ^_^

TheRedNeck
Apr 21, 2004, 11:22 PM
Wow i thought i posted this to vent not start more crap amongst people. Man you all really argue a lot.

KodiaX987
Apr 22, 2004, 07:19 AM
On 2004-04-21 21:22, TheRedNeck wrote:
Wow i thought i posted this to vent not start more crap amongst people. Man you all really argue a lot.

Dude, this is PSOW. What were you expecting?!

TheRedNeck
Apr 24, 2004, 12:47 PM
No idea now but whatever its funny to me.