PDA

View Full Version : SICK of Exclusive Garbage!

AzureBlaze
Apr 11, 2004, 12:02 AM
Ok I'm mad now.

I am so ultra sick of this stupid new JP trend of "We get everything & rest of world gets jack". I guess it was the whole 'haiku collection' deal they got goin' on now that was the last straw. Now this isn't some random rant over just 'waaah we don't got it'--why?

Ok, lets look at the facts:
-First off, I do realize that a lot of these things were contests with actual prizes that other countries are unable to win due to law. That's FINE. I mean, the JP's can't win our lotto, or the Publishers' Clearing house due to laws. But SO WHAT? The prize here is the game/item/quest/fun...physical items or cash don't matter that much.

-Ok number 2 here is that even if the Non-JP can't get the physical prizes due to normal, fair laws, we CAN still play the quests. This has been done before, just look at Fam Cup. That gave out Mac computers or something but we still got the quest and were happy. It's -been done-...they could do it again.

So there's no reason why they 'can't of' released the JP exclusives to other lang. areas. Plus...look what they did RIGHT before the US release: got their contests over with.

So...What've we had so far?
-USA/World = ZERO SPECIAL QUEST
-JP=
*The 2 VR Politan ones to get the Rt. Hv. Punch and Gee Gue
*The Seashore Preacher
*This Haiku Contest thing
*Beautiful Inolis
*This is not even counting the stuff they got BEFORE the US release or the 'gee whiz' stuff like Sonic greeting players in their lobbies.

FOUR things. It's outrageous. Where the hell is this 'cool content' this game promises? The whole of USA/World PSO players don't come to PSOW every day to look up the convoluted hoops to jump thru to get at their junk you cant even read. Its a good bet over half the US don't know these things exist.

But they can't even be bothered to translate a damm thing and just post it up. WHY! We may never know...but it makes me really mad that they are always acting so:
-lazy
-self serving
-promise breaking

It's like they want the game to bomb. I don't care if "Oh the majority of its population is JPs"
I WONDER WHY! Yeah...act like you're the only one who matters and soon you'll be the only one left! Cause therre's better stuff out there now; this ain't no 1999...and people who don't like this utter lack of content can jump ship.

Whew. When I go rantin'...it's rarely short. Anyone else here riled up too?

Arislan
Apr 11, 2004, 12:29 AM
Well, for the Game Magazine quests, the reason the US players aren't getting them isn't because ST doesn't care, it's because there simply isn't a point to it. The quests are advertisements for that particular magazine, which naturally aren't sold in the rest of the world.

The haiku competition is an extension of this, simply another thing Nindori is doing to get readership. The rewards for taking part in this, since apparently you care enough about the magazine to at least take part in the competition, is an added feature on your game.

Now, I understand that they could simply throw the quest at the US players and at least allow the access to the cards, but the question is, why would ST spend money for their translators to translate an ad for a magazine that the US players can't get? It's not financially worth paying these highly paid people to do the work, while the end result is that some players get a neat shiny near useless card.

Lets look at the flipside. In the US, neither of the magazine companies have stepped up to offer their advertisements. Who knows if they ever will? EGM and Game Informer can choose any time to start their own campaigns, and I bet you that the JP people will be missing out on the bits of American exclusive stuff that goes on. We'll see in the future how things go there.

Now, do I think Sega should release the quests in the US? Yeah. Just throw on some English buttons, an English title (even Nindori would work) and toss it out, without translating anything. Works fine. But I do understand why Sega didn't release any of these quests in the US, and why they likely won't in the future. It's all just part of a localized ad campaign.

LollipopLolita
Apr 11, 2004, 01:25 AM
you know, lots of american things have american only events and campaigns because it is their target market and drives profitability.

Firocket1690
Apr 11, 2004, 02:12 AM
On 2004-04-10 22:02, AzureBlaze wrote:
The whole of USA/World PSO players don't come to PSOW every day to look up the convoluted hoops to jump thru to get at their junk you cant even read. Its a good bet over half the US don't know these things exist.
meh~ screw this, just because you don't bother to learn their language, you shouldn't be complaining.

im in teh contest thingy yay for me
Why are you complaining that you're not getting the in-game card ? The in-game card is promotion for the RL magazine, which you probably won't buy anyway. You're not supporting them, so you don't deserve to reap rewards off them. Simple as that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Besides, they sorta made the game. Why give everything to everyone ? Then playing xx game would be basically the same in us, and jp

But they can't even be bothered to translate a damm thing and just post it up. WHY! We may never know...but it makes me really mad that they are always acting so:
-lazy
-self serving
-promise breaking

What promise ?
*flips through the instruction booklet, jp, then us*
nothing mentioned about 'promising' new stuff >=(

oh, and that's one more thing. Be glad you have the -fucking- game. Do you see any europeans bitching about it ? They don't even have it !!
(exeption are importers, but that doesn't count)

And that's one more thing. In Japan, there is less competition beween consoles. In america, xbox and ps2 are dominant. But in Japan, xbox isn't too popular, so there's less competition, and more people playing GC in general, thus, leading to more pso players in general.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-04-11 00:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-04-11 00:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-04-11 00:32 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 11, 2004, 02:24 AM
Funny. I thought this was a Japanese game.
Maybe they shouldn't port over video games in the first place. Will that make you happier?

All the other countries in the world don't get a specific version of the game, or specific translations of quests for magazines they will most likely never buy, and most likely never practically use the cards off. I say, be happy with what you have. If you feel like this isn't worth it and that you should "jump ship", feel free to do it. No one is stopping you. But really, it doesn't make much difference.

It could have been an online game based in Japan that doesn't have any updates at all. You wouldn't notice the difference in regards to JP only quests. Trust me.

navci
Apr 11, 2004, 02:39 AM
Well. At least they did bother to translate "Blue Star Memories" and the two downloadable "Future" quests. Those are actually worth playing and have a card that is also worth getting.

I agree with the rest of the people here. I got the Dengeki mag card. I don't ever get to read Dengeki, nor will ever buy it. ... It meant nothing to me... not even great for collection value. Ah well.

It is late. I dunno what I am talking about.
... Just that, I think at least the important stuff is out.

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 07:38 AM
I just want their free toys that they give out... ;_;

AzureBlaze
Apr 11, 2004, 01:14 PM
Arislan: I like your idea.
Just throwing some eng. stuff on the quest to make it at least 'attemptable playable' for the quirky collector value of the card (yeah, I figure since it's a magazine card, it'd be not something you'd want in your deck) Plus, who doesn't enjoy a NEW fight in a DIFF spot against NEW chars with strange and different decks? So what if you can't buy the mag. or even like the card...the fun's along the way.

Lolita: Which PSO thing has been american only to drive the profitability so far?
He has a point that if EGM picks to do it, we may have one in the future...which we hope!

Firocket:..."Besides, they sorta made the game. Why give everything to everyone ? Then playing xx game would be basically the same in us, and jp "
Um. Why shouldn't the game be the same everywhere? Why should sertain areas of the planet be inferior to others? Just because an item is made some place, I do not feel that other places should be shunned. It's the same with the language issue.

Mixfortune: This one I have the major beef with. It brings forth an old issue too. "Funny. I thought this was a Japanese game. Maybe they shouldn't port over video games in the first place. Will that make you happier?"

It is people from non-jp countries thinking like "We are inferior intruders upon JP items which they choose to give to us" Which is again the language issue such that 'if you do not know Japanese then you have no right to say anything about anything they don't bother to translate...and if they don't give it to you for a HUGE delay like Europe has, then it is the EU's fault for not learning JP and paying import prices.'
*Ok...on this non porting of any games thing, it is the perfect reason to move to this:

No one from the non jp-countries is inferior. No one should consider themselves and their land "Lucky" just to have the privelage of playing JP Games. Yes, they could keep it all within the country and port NOTHING EVER. Yes, they could just refuse to translate anything at all, forcing everyone to learn JP if they want to play or learn anything about the games. (ST's JP website is like 10x larger then the Eng/Other one-always has been)

*No one is inferior because we PAID FOR IT. Sometimes, more then the JPs did. Anyone who pays the same amount should GET the same amount of stuff. I'm not going to sell you a car, and then write the manual only in Kurdish and have no air conditioning available then try to make everyone pay the same amount. And then blame you for buying it. It is not a privelage if you paid for it. You are a paying customer; hopefully with all rights it bestows. (Lemon-law, not scams, no extortion, warrenty, no faulty product etc.)

*Why don't they just keep all the games and never translate anything to make me happy?
They want my money, which I will freely give them if I like their item. It all comes down to the bottom line. But as long as they have my money...I like for things to be fair. I will not feel guilty for where I am, what I know, and what I have obtained if -I paid for it- like everyone else.

(The bottom line of which, I think ST really increased theirs with these in-game ads, jeez who knows what it cost these mags to get a big production like that)

Bradicus
Apr 11, 2004, 04:14 PM
So there's no reason why they 'can't of' released the JP exclusives to other lang. areas.
of course there is. If they were released in other languages, they would no longer be JP exclusive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Apr 11, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-04-11 11:14, AzureBlaze wrote:

Mixfortune: This one I have the major beef with. It brings forth an old issue too. "Funny. I thought this was a Japanese game. Maybe they shouldn't port over video games in the first place. Will that make you happier?"

It is people from non-jp countries thinking like "We are inferior intruders upon JP items which they choose to give to us" Which is again the language issue such that 'if you do not know Japanese then you have no right to say anything about anything they don't bother to translate...and if they don't give it to you for a HUGE delay like Europe has, then it is the EU's fault for not learning JP and paying import prices.'
*Ok...on this non porting of any games thing, it is the perfect reason to move to this:

No one from the non jp-countries is inferior. No one should consider themselves and their land "Lucky" just to have the privelage of playing JP Games. Yes, they could keep it all within the country and port NOTHING EVER. Yes, they could just refuse to translate anything at all, forcing everyone to learn JP if they want to play or learn anything about the games. (ST's JP website is like 10x larger then the Eng/Other one-always has been)

*No one is inferior because we PAID FOR IT. Sometimes, more then the JPs did. Anyone who pays the same amount should GET the same amount of stuff. I'm not going to sell you a car, and then write the manual only in Kurdish and have no air conditioning available then try to make everyone pay the same amount. And then blame you for buying it. It is not a privelage if you paid for it. You are a paying customer; hopefully with all rights it bestows. (Lemon-law, not scams, no extortion, warrenty, no faulty product etc.)

*Why don't they just keep all the games and never translate anything to make me happy?
They want my money, which I will freely give them if I like their item. It all comes down to the bottom line. But as long as they have my money...I like for things to be fair. I will not feel guilty for where I am, what I know, and what I have obtained if -I paid for it- like everyone else.

(The bottom line of which, I think ST really increased theirs with these in-game ads, jeez who knows what it cost these mags to get a big production like that)

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying they should keep it all to themselves, or even not show results of willingness to pay for the product. I'm saying that these things are not instantaneous, and we are lucky that they do port these over to other languages. I repeat: I'm not saying they should not port it to other languages, in fact I appreciate that they do; I'm saying that we should not take the fact that we even have the game AT ALL for granted.

It is people from non-jp countries thinking like "We are inferior intruders upon JP items which they choose to give to us"

I don't feel inferior or superior. I am not eternally grateful and praying to them for bestowing these divine gifts upon us, I'm merely saying that since it is a Japanese game, ported over to other countries, that naturally the vast majority of the events will occur in Japan, to JP players. We are not necessarily "lucky" for getting this game at all, but I admit it's better than nothing at all. And yes US players pay for the game. Of course they do. But admit it. PSO does not have as big of a fanbase in the US and Japan, at least not a big enough EPIII fanbase to have a bunch of companies immediately jumping in and throwing contests.

Give it time. The game came out about a month ago. Sheesh.

Firocket1690
Apr 11, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-04-11 11:14, AzureBlaze wrote:
Lolita: Which PSO thing has been american only to drive the profitability so far?
He has a point that if EGM picks to do it, we may have one in the future...which we hope![quote]
Sega's never heard of EGM. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

[quote]Firocket:..."Besides, they sorta made the game. Why give everything to everyone ? Then playing xx game would be basically the same in us, and jp "
Um. Why shouldn't the game be the same everywhere? Why should sertain areas of the planet be inferior to others? Just because an item is made some place, I do not feel that other places should be shunned. It's the same with the language issue.
o.o
You're still not supporting their magazine, the whole point of their quest/event. Sorta like, "i give you this card, and you support our mag" thing
but since they're not releasing Dagenki here, and importing is sorta illegal without a bunch of taxes, etc, they're going to have to sell a Japanese magazine to some country with a bunch of people who don't know Japanese, thus, aren't going to buy the magazine, thus, wasting their time and effort.
Would EGM try and sell and advertise theirselves over to Japan? Tell me when they do.

Technically, importing is illegal... =/
so fawk off.
on the bottome of the back of the box of the JP copy of Episode III
Note:
"For sale and use in Japan only. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, pay for play, public performance, or transmission of this game is a violation of applicable laws."

But you get what you pay for. Just because you deceided to pay for it, doesn't mean anything. They deceide what's in the thing, and you decided to buy it. Nobody's forcing you to buy Episode III in the first place. =/ You can live without it.

But as long as they have my money...I like
for things to be fair.
Yes, but then the economy would be balanced...
That would suck.

They're in it for the money. Purely driven by money. Have you noticed that everything (in terms of graphics) have been ripped out of I&II ? The whole thing was rushed to all hell, just to get the money streaming to them faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-04-11 16:32 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 08:02 PM
I wish I could find the thread of what (SPOILERS) were hidden in Episode III disc, but they plan to come with stuff to the US.

Yeah, I know the news are getting us hyped over here, but we have to be unfortunately... patience. It drives us all mad.

Arislan
Apr 11, 2004, 08:32 PM
Like I said earlier, the US cards are EGM and Game Informer. There's still Dreamaga and Game Gather for Japan that are unreleased as well. After those, who knows?

EJ
Apr 18, 2004, 05:51 AM
[/quote]*The 2 VR Politan ones to get the Rt. Hv. Punch and Gee Gue [quote]

well the US player could do this quest if they change their setting to JP. That's how I did the quest

Nai_Calus
Apr 18, 2004, 02:17 PM
On 2004-04-18 03:51, ForceEJ wrote:
*The 2 VR Politan ones to get the Rt. Hv. Punch and Gee Gue

well the US player could do this quest if they change their setting to JP. That's how I did the quest

Oh god, don't remind me of that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Nothing like not being able to read what your cards/their cards actually -do-, etc. And my KB won't switch to romaji input in JP mode, so I couldn't ask my partner questions about what we were doing, either. -_-;;;

Geh.

SophiaSeed
Apr 19, 2004, 05:25 AM
took the words right out of my mouth.

Gee i love you know. Will you have my children? Just kidding of course.

I totally agree!

Firocket1690
Apr 21, 2004, 03:19 PM
Fuck you. (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1165&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Myopathy
Apr 23, 2004, 05:13 AM
On 2004-04-21 13:19, Firocket1690 wrote:
Fuck you. (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1165&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Nice.

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 07:43 AM
On 2004-04-21 13:19, Firocket1690 wrote:

How charmingly mature. And not very appropriate, either, considering that this is the first and so far only quest we've gotten, and we don't have any opportunities to get an additional quest like most of the JP quests have had. No haiku contests and the like. Sorry, you can say 'fuck you' when we catch up to the Japanese. (Which we won't, incidentally, there are only two US magazine cards. Still better than the poor EU, though)

I think the US has every right to complain about things. Lack of content(The game has been out here how long now? You'd think we'd at least get something - Granted, there isn't much they can actually do with Ep3, short of releasing new maps and quests for the purpose of getting x card. They really dug themselves into a hole about doing anything worthwhile in a quest with the manga cutscenes - Unless it's on the disk, there's nothing they can really add to the story, except boring text blurbs. If they wanted to, they could randomly create another massive story quest on Ep1&2 they hadn't previously planned - Just program up the instructions for the text, camera angles/character models, enemy spawns, etc and slap it up. Can't do that in Ep3), card updates we can't see until they're in play on the field - If indeed the card update works at all, card mistranslations that signifigantly misrepresent their usefulness, etc.

Pity Ep1&2 has recieved what will, knowing ST, be its last content update. There's still so much more they could do, but Ep3 is all they care about now, and they can't even do anything worthwhile with that. About the only reason I don't cancel my HL and go back to offline is that I'd miss playing with my friends on Ep1&2. Sooner or later I'll probably just end up tracking down a copy of PSO+ and starting over, offline-only. (Life without Tower = Dull)

So, no, fuck you. I'm sorry we have the nerve to not be completely overjoyed with the shitty meatless bones they throw us. About the only thing I can say is that at least we're not the EU players, who get even more extravagantly fucked.

*insert Kodi's 'Shut the FUCK up' picture here*

Really, if you don't like the US players griping about issues that concern them and have jack fucking shit to do with you, don't bloody read the sodding posts. Also, this is the Rants forum last I looked. We're ranting. Go away. Not all of us want to import a game we can't read for the sake of not getting completely screwed over, incidentally. What a concept. *eyeroll*

KodiaX987
Apr 23, 2004, 08:19 AM
PSO is a Japanese game first and foremost, made by a Japanese company. The company will care to its local users first and worry about international stuff later. Do I complain because some games are only sold in Europe? Nope. The markets are different and the procedures are different as well.

Japan is techno like hell's frozen over. They are big on the net, communications, gizmos and whatnot. Companies take advantage of this and press the lemon to the max. There's cash to be made on that. There are sponsors. The news posted by Firerocket perfectly reflect the procedure.

If there are going to be quests, they will most likely be sponsored. Sega has little to no use for making quests - this isn't going to make them sell more games. Look, without any downloadable quests at first, PSO Ep I & II sold like hot cakes. Same for PSO III even though most of you hated the concept with a passion. And many people want to buy Blue Burst even though it's more or less just a PC port. You're addicted, you're buying into the business, voila, there you go. I'm sure that when you bought the game, downloadable quests were absolutely meaningless, and I believe they still are. The only reason you guys are complaining about exclusive JP stuff is because you feel you have an opportunity to attack. Had there never been quests at all, no one would've complained. Quests are just NPCs after all. It's the same damn "go there, fetch me a bucket and kill the dragon" type of thing. I don't see where we can complain on that. I'd rather team up with a few other hunters and just do a good Ruins run.

Besides, there's also a ton of games that are never released outside of America. What would you guys do if the Japanese started bitching about it?

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 08:50 AM
The Japanese are going to bitch about missing out on Army Men X2000 Hyper Extreme Mega Hair Styler?

KodiaX987
Apr 23, 2004, 09:03 AM
I'd put 500$ on the table that at least one of them will. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 09:04 AM
On 2004-04-23 07:03, KodiaX987 wrote:
I'd put 500$ on the table that at least one of them will. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, probably. XP Hell, -I'd- buy it, just for the name alone!

Edit: Bwahaha, just poking around the Ep3 forums... The US quest isn't even freaking exclusive! Hell, it's translated to Japanese.

So much for the 'Well, you have exclusive stuff now' argument, eh? XP

Screw you, ST. =^_^=

Bah, time to get the JP version and start FSODing people out of spite. </sarcasm>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2004-04-23 07:46 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Apr 23, 2004, 01:47 PM
Hehe, this topic is full of spite and sarcasm. Makes me hungry...hungry for a good argument...mwahahaha!

*Ahem*

I can't really decide which view I support. I have to say I am annoyed at the lack of attention towards the EU and states, but then again, they made the game, they can do whatever the hell they want with it. Personally I feel that, being the technological centre of the whole world, Japan has the right to recieve most new technology before everyone else...you would've thought, however, that perhaps someone over there would have realised that we don't like being second in line http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It happens on both sides though, and can't really be avoided. The US also gets games before everyone else, but whether you want those games first or not depends purely on your taste.

My two cents.

PS Firo = scary when angry...please, nobody intimidate her again, i'm freaked! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Firocket1690
Apr 23, 2004, 03:44 PM
Huh ?

Nah, I was implying, 'you got a US only quest, now shush' type of message.

btw, one more thing, I'm running online with a us hl.
Damn bastards. I supported the haiku thingy and inolis thingy doesn't work =/
They'd better not get Game Informer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Oh, and for the record, EGM > GI

Nambrosia
Apr 23, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-04-23 13:44, Firocket1690 wrote:
Huh ?

Nah, I was implying, 'you got a US only quest, now shush' type of message.

They'd better not get Game Informer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

They did.

We don't get to play their quests.. but they get to play ours?..

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, they have gotten it, didn't you read the edit to my post? XP Arislan confirmed it in the Ep3 forums.

So nope, our 'exclusive' stuff isn't. Fun, isn't it?

I don't think it would irk me nearly as much if I didn't know that US HLs are more expensive than JP HLs. We pay more for less content. Most of ST's customers won't know/don't care, but for those of us who do it makes you wonder why you're playing the game, and why you don't just go find another game to play where there actually will be content. XP I love PSO dearly, but the way ST does things just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reminds me of the way half the 'US exclusive' DDR songs wound up on Extreme. XP

Castoth
Apr 23, 2004, 07:43 PM
This should be the prime reason why every US player should stop supporting ST and, if you need another online RPG fix, support one that treats US players *fairly*. Actually find a game where you get your money's worth and no JP bias that ST seems to have had a hard-on for ever since the DC days.

KodiaX987
Apr 23, 2004, 08:46 PM
Sounds really cute in theory but PSO isn't the best playground for a sociopolitical movement.

You heard of PSO Blue Burst? I bet you it will sell extremely well, just like the other PSO games released so far.

Murdercall
Apr 24, 2004, 01:39 AM
they made the game, they can do whatever the hell they want with it. Not when people pay to play online.

Arislan
Apr 24, 2004, 02:47 AM
Umm, yes they can. If Sega had a way to program every single texture in the game remotely and turn all PSO characters into Purple Monkey Dishwashers, they could. They own the game, they have every right to do what they want with it. Your recourse, of course, is to *stop* paying for the game if you don't like to play it online.

More on with the main topic, yeah, Game Informer is JP as well, and translated (I retranslated it back to English, the JP version had more to say as well, go figure). I'm betting this rumoured EGM quest is likely going to be another JP available quest, again with good translation.

Makes me happy, owning the JP version, but it still annoys me that they don't do the same for the JP quests, making them available in the US. It can't be that hard to translate them. Hell, I know it isn't, I've done it twice now. And if I had the kit they use to make the quests, I bet I could toss a US version out in 15 minutes. ST, get on the ball, it can't do anything but HELP your user-base.

/edit Made a previously obtuse sentence understandable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-04-24 00:48 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Apr 25, 2004, 12:13 AM
Ah yes, more reason to be nettled!
I was thrilled to see the GI quest posted up so quick to ep 3. I was not particularly thrilled to be attempt-flamed by Firocket because they posted up a single non-exclusive quest. However, Ian-KunX put it best in his reply to that particular post.

*Also, this negates ANY post that "Oh the USAs cannot buy that mag so it is rightful the USAs do not get that quest." The JPs cannot read GI, as we cant read theirs, but still they get ours.

However, I feel that they should at least try to extend some sort of olive-branch or whatever metaphor. As KodiaX and some other person on the first page mentioned: ST goes for Ca$h alone...that's why they cater more to the JP crowd, because more of them buy it. (you can see this by checking the people #s on their ships)

However, what I am about is that someone should break the cycle.
"Not much content/attention paid=Not much consumers=not much money=no incentive for content=....it just goes around in circles." And it will continue to do so, because consumers aren't suddenly going to all go flocking out to a mediocre game and buying it, in hopes that somewhere it will spark generosity in the creator and magicaly cause them to provide content.

Imagine if ST was really on the ball with these games? They put out the olive branch to EU and US content wise, and really kept on top of things with releasing content. You don't need prize cards, heck, just give out meseta or songs, or even semi-rare cards you might not have. (Chain Sword/Sinow Zele) but make it FUN. A new map, a new char (like that HUc and RAc from the fist JP quest). Hold contests! Post up the winner's photos on the web, everyone loves Ego-Feeder stuff, even if there's no 'prize' but the publicity. But keep things new and interesting. Actually inspire NEW people to buy it, not just the already addicted.

Yes, a lot of people who didn't like the concept of CARD bought it, I'm one of them. Am I having a good time on ep3? Sorta.....it's ok, but I'd of prefered something like a real sequel. But people like that, and who will buy BB, are the hardcore, the addicted. I love PSO, the whole concept to me is great with the plot, and being my own char. But it's a very quiet game in terms of sales and advertising over in USA/EU. If they stopped the cycle, magazines would start to talk, free publicity would come in. CARD is interesting, it has potential to be REALLY cooler then they're treating it, and to sell more and keep selling.

But ST must take the initiative. If you can't be known for having the coolest/uniquest/graphics mega game out there (which CARD is not) perhaps...to be known for the 'killer content-fan-loyalty-creating- game with bigtime interactivity/content' would be their key to cool.

P.S. Wow Arislan! That simple? And you've done it twice? That's cool...and frusterating at the same time. I mean, you are a fan and you are able to do this yourself, this says not much good in the way of the company...blah. That they are getting GI and we are not having their 2 quests is now extra-agitating.

DurakkenX
Apr 25, 2004, 03:03 PM
anyone playing any PSO on GC have no right to complain at all...They've got more exclusive and non-exclusive content that isn't supposed to be exclusive than anyone else...

X-box users pay the most and get the least of any of the people. We don't get pso+ PSOBB not PSO epIII and we pay close to $200 a year for the game while the most others pay is $120-$150..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-25 13:07 ]</font>

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 03:11 PM
But a large part of your 200 dollars also includes your ability to play dozens of other games online. Sure, you can choose not to, but you should know where your subscription fee is going.

DurakkenX
Apr 25, 2004, 06:24 PM
yeah, but all the same we are paying the same basic amount for it, but WE HAVE TO pay to play, you DON'T

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 09:24 PM
Actually, I do. I just choose not to play PSO on XBox. Picked up my friend's Live account on his XBox so I could play Crimson Skies whenever I go over there. Now I just need to pick up Steel Battalion to make all the Mech Lovin' come home.

It all comes down to value. If you use XBox Live simply to play PSO, you're not getting the value the GC players are (and even less than the JP GC players are). However, if you use that as well to play other games, you're likely getting more value out of it that comparable games (lke Biohazard Outbreak JP, paid 10 bucks to try it online for a week and give up on it).