PDA

View Full Version : Dont you hate...

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 11, 2004, 03:52 PM
Dont you hate it when you see a nice red item from an enemy you are expecting to get the rare item you really want and it turns out to be a damn photon drop!!!
God Damnit this happens to me so much,i even got 3 photon drops from 3 rare enemy's(Pal Rappy,Nar Lily & Mil Mily) I mean who would ever expect to see a Photon drop from a rare guy as your running up to grab that red item only to find out its a damn phton drop, i hate these damn things i collected over 300 of these things and cant even use em online cuz i only play offline,anybody else feel the same way?

Hrith
Apr 11, 2004, 03:57 PM
I never got a PD from a rare critter, I did not even know that was possible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

It would sure piss me off, form a Redria Slime.

Fredrick
Apr 11, 2004, 03:57 PM
I love P drops. For me its the other way around and all i get is justy (grenill) and when it turns out to be a p drop I love it!!!

Hrith
Apr 11, 2004, 04:00 PM
On 2004-04-11 13:57, Fredrick wrote:
I love P drops. For me its the other way around and all i get is justy (grenill) and when it turns out to be a p drop I love it!!!

Now THAT is weird ! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Cheep
Apr 11, 2004, 04:10 PM
Yah,thats annoying. But whats more annoying is when a hildetorr drops a dimate and a pal rappy drops a difluid...

Xero_Silvera
Apr 11, 2004, 04:11 PM
Like my like the other day.. i killed the migium spose to drop me my Db's shield and turned out to be a damn photon drop >.<
It's alright tho. i got chain sawd and demo comet in the same run ^.^ (also my first ever red slime)
-xero
ps: i h8 photon drops, im offline only as well.. they shouldnt even BE offline scince we cant use the little bastards...

inuyasha_3
Apr 11, 2004, 04:12 PM
True, but what is even more inoying is when the enemy doesn't drop anything at all!!

EDIT: Sorry, I can't spell, I meant annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: inuyasha_3 on 2004-04-11 14:14 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 11, 2004, 04:14 PM
In these gibbles runs I have been doing I find vjaya and bravehammer all over the place, I am overjoyed when I find a photon drop, even though I can't use them yet.

lain2k3
Apr 11, 2004, 04:18 PM
yes, there is nothing more in this game that I despise more than PD trickery. my record for most Pds before getting the item I was hunting is 54.

Dragon_Ash
i think it's more annoying than a rare enemy drop... the p-drops should only be found online, since they can only be used online... to offliners they're useless...

i agree with ya nineteen on that.. i've had several uber rares that turned out to be these things... if photon drops never exsisted, i'd have a sealed-j, yasha, NUG2000, kasami bracer, red daggers and a spread needle by now... i hate photon drops with a vegence ~_~"

*chucks photon drops into nearest bin* <_< >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-11 14:21 ]</font>

Fredrick
In these gibbles runs I have been doing I find vjaya and bravehammer all over the place, I am overjoyed when I find a photon drop, even though I can't use them yet.

You said it sista

inuyasha_3
Apr 11, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-04-11 14:18, Dragon_Ash wrote:
i think it's more annoying than a rare enemy drop... the p-drops should only be found online, since they can only be used online... to offliners they're useless...

There is are reasons why people who don't plan on going online to get them, you can sell them or you can sell them to a friend who does plan on getting online. I sell mine to my friend for 2000 meseta a piece.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 11, 2004, 04:46 PM
i don't really need the meseta.. and i don't know anyone with another copy of pso here.. so selling or trading them with someone offline ain't gonna happen anytime soon.. BBA's are non exsistant in the UK so my hope of getting online to use the for a BKB are crushed -_-"

Hrith
Apr 11, 2004, 04:49 PM
I bought 2 at ww.lik-sang.com (not sure if link is okay, so it's not parsed), at a low price, since there is no shipping fee, an I live in UK.

Links are automatically parsed >_< add a "w" in front of my link

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-04-11 14:50 ]</font>

inuyasha_3
Apr 11, 2004, 04:50 PM
I'm glad that I live in the US then. I can get the BBA at almost any electronic store around here.

Alighieri
Apr 11, 2004, 04:58 PM
YES I HATE IT!!!! Damn! It happened just now. I`m not playing online - I have no use for Photon Drops, dammit....

Noone
Apr 11, 2004, 05:02 PM
On 2004-04-11 14:18, Dragon_Ash wrote:

i agree with ya nineteen on that.. i've had several uber rares that turned out to be these things... if photon drops never exsisted, i'd have a sealed-j, yasha, NUG2000, kasami bracer, red daggers and a spread needle by now... i hate photon drops with a vegence ~_~"

*chucks photon drops into nearest bin* <_< >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-11 14:21 ]</font>

Photon drops are the worse as they trick you into believing you get a rare item, i rather get nothing then one of these expecting something else because i rather not be tricked and thats my a pessimistic attitude would be best.... those game designers should've made so only enemies with crappy drops dive PD's.

inuyasha_3
Apr 11, 2004, 05:04 PM
They should of made a different type of box for PDs.

Hrith
Apr 11, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-04-11 15:04, inuyasha_3 wrote:

heh, lolm this has been said many a time, I suggested that they were in "light" boxes, since photon means light.

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 11, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-04-11 15:04, inuyasha_3 wrote:

A purple box! or something like that...

inuyasha_3
Apr 11, 2004, 05:21 PM
I also get confused when I see a blue box and it ends up being a Mag. I hate it when that happens.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 11, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-04-11 14:10, Cheep wrote:
Yah,thats annoying. But whats more annoying is when a hildetorr drops a dimate and a pal rappy drops a difluid...

Actually it would be worse if a Hildetor dropped a Photon Drop rather than a difluid or monomate,for example say you were bluefull and u came across a hildertor, u kill him and u see a red item..."OMG i actually found heaven punisher" your heart beats quickly as u walk up to it only to find out its a photon drop, then u would be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *smash's head through TV*
on the other hand if u saw a great item u would just be like "shit"

Oh and by the way Kef, the first Photon drop i got from a rare enemy was when i was my redria piping for my very first time to get my Demo comet, so yeah i find the Mil Lily, i kill him see the red item and im like OMG finally i was so happy to see the red item i walk up to it and its a photon!!!!!! what are the chances of that???? so i ended up getting it on my second Mil.
But i can imagine how upset sumone would be to find a photon from Redria/Slime. chances are it could have been a lavis cannon.
btw whats everyone's worst Photon drop they ever found, i believe mine was from either Sinow Zele/Morfos/dark gunner/dark bringer on ultimate mode, chances are i could have got some pretty nice items, why did they have to be Photon Drops? and the 3 Photon Drop's i found from Rare enemies dint make me too happy either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-11 16:04 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
Apr 11, 2004, 06:09 PM
well, as i mentioned before, my worst would have to be a p-drop from skyly gi-gue ultimate.. though i also got a p-drop from my 35-36th oran hildetorr

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 11, 2004, 06:13 PM
damn sucks to be you!! i would have got so mad to see a red item from Gi Gue, especially as Skyly, thats like a sealed J-sword you could have had right there, i cant imagine how mad u were,i was also scared i would come across a photon drop before i came across a J sword from Gi gue,seeing is how PD's are so much more common and u can find them from any enemy,difficulty or place.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 11, 2004, 06:18 PM
yeah.. i was steamed when i foun out what it was... i cursed gi-gue for quite a while... though i had it easy.. a friend of mine has had 2 photn drops instead of a sealed-j XD

lain2k3
Apr 11, 2004, 07:05 PM
If PD's were actually the rare items, I would have:

56 luminous fields
23 kasami bracers
21 Nug-2000 bazookas
9 S-reds arms
2 monkey king bars
3 heart of poumn (skyly drop)
3 flight cutters (yellowboze drop)

and much more that i cant remember now...><

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 11, 2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah i would have had alot of great rare items too,damn PD's,does anybody know the actual drop rate of a photon drop?

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 08:41 PM
Used to hate it so much. We played this game offline so much that me and my friend were maxed on photon drops, it suxed, then somehow we both got corrupted then we went online and now... we want photon drops.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 12, 2004, 07:15 PM
is any body here smart enough to calculate the chances of actually finding a Photon Drop from a rare enemy?
I found a total of 3 from rare enemies i was just curious as to how rare those chances were,becuz Kef has played over 3500 hrs and he said he never came across that and im sure he seen alot of rare enemies..

Sord
Apr 12, 2004, 07:35 PM
depending on the creature i'll get mad. my friends can get online, but i can't, so they'll acept Photon Drops as a form of currency for rares since Meseta is pretty much worthless now unless your gonna raise a mag the normal way, but even then, your bank might not deplete quick enough, if you can even get it down to the bank any ways.

Sayara
Apr 13, 2004, 09:36 PM
Blergh! I know how that is... but sometimes you'd want those Pdrops... But in a box please! >>;

<<; And about Rare Enemy Pdrops... At least you get Red Boxes from the Rare Monsters...

All this dern Nar Lily Dropped was a mere Thief/Legs-- <<;; I was kinda pissed... KINDA... but not totally...

________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 10:50 PM
Tool probabilities for Episode 1 (http://www.housoka.com/pso/tool/probrates.php?type=1)

Tool probabilities for Episode 2 (http://www.housoka.com/pso/tool/probrates.php?type=2)

PDs are at the bottom of each list.

And no, I never ever got a PD from a rare monster or a boss, and yes I have come accross many rare monsters, I can send you my list if you wanna know, PM me.

Why was this moved, though ? is Arislan testing the "move topic" function ?

Sord
Apr 13, 2004, 10:52 PM
On 2004-04-13 20:50, Kef wrote:

Why was this moved, though ? is Arislan testing the "move topic" function ?

i thought arislan was Ep3 mod, and since this is 1&2, well it makes some sense, though it should have probably been moved to Ep 1&2 quest, mag, and items, though the rantiness of the topic still makes it valid for Rants.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 10:58 PM
hence the joke, mwa ha ha, just because you have a n00bmar avatar does not make you a temporary n00b, Sord http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well we are still discussing the game, it's kinda unusual in Rants o_O

Sord
Apr 13, 2004, 11:03 PM
On 2004-04-13 20:58, Kef wrote:
hence the joke, mwa ha ha, just because you have a n00bmar avatar does not make you a temporary n00b, Sord http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well we are still discussing the game, it's kinda unusual in Rants o_O

i completely missed the joke, if it had anything to do with the links, i never even click on them, so i wouldn't know the joke.

and while we are still discussing the game, it is no diffrent then putting an ep3 thread in rants, an auto-refresh, item loss, people being bad in the game, ect. So i don't find it that unusual. Actially I'm pretty sure this is a repeat thread for Rants.

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:35 AM
well I love and hate PD's.
I hate getting them but since I have gotten around 300 I sell 100 at a time when I have more than I can carry.

_Ted_
Apr 14, 2004, 12:38 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:35, Eclair wrote:
well I love and hate PD's.
I hate getting them but since I have gotten around 300 I sell 100 at a time when I have more than I can carry.

Gah! Three hundred? Jeez, I'm up to around 50.....

I've never gotten a pb from a rare monster or a boss....In fact, I hardly ever find pb's.

Armok
Apr 14, 2004, 12:23 PM
After searching for something so long and with so many PD let downs I feel broken and am filing a lawsuit against sega for my lack of confidence and in ability to keep a job (keep thinking I will just get PDs for pay)

Nar they really are annoying though, god I hate them.

ChronoLink
Apr 14, 2004, 01:59 PM
Today I found my 40th pinkal pal rappy (no agito yet) and when that red box dropped I was so F***ING happy... guess what it was... -_-' a p-drop

Swan
Apr 15, 2004, 01:20 PM
You know what I hate? when PSO first came out, I was one of the first to get it, but they made such a big deal out of it being online, where, with people like me, who had no online access, it made me feel like a big ol' loser.
thats why I created the "Ghost Faction", in which people who don't go online share the info the contract with other members. if you want to join, contact me at either [email protected], or [email protected]