PDA

View Full Version : PSO Trader

Evic
Apr 23, 2001, 09:14 AM
I am currently creating a program I call PSO Trader. This will allow PSO player to connect to another easier and setup a trade. It will be simlar to ICQ (best way I can describe it). You'll be able to list what you are looking for, what you have, etc.

I want to know, before I get to far in creation, would you use this program? What features would you like in it? What should I avoid when making it?

Thanks for all of your help!

Evic
Cro Magnon
Intaura

alpha
Apr 23, 2001, 10:25 AM
hah, nice. that sounds awesome. i trade a ton and i think this would be very uesful, cuz my inventory is always changing. hmm i dont have any ideas in my head right now, juts got up. if i think of any ill buzz ya.

Chrono200
Apr 23, 2001, 10:49 AM
I will use it!!!

Drake
Apr 23, 2001, 03:09 PM
I would definitely use it! So much easier than waiting ten minutes for the Trades forum to load... ^^;

Two suggestions:
1. Some sort of user feedback system, like on eBay.
2. A way to mark items on the Have lists as legit, non-legit, or unknown (and maybe a similar feature on the Want lists, to prevent confusion ^^;).

As for things to avoid-- I can't think of anything, except... don't make a program that only works in one operating system. ^^;; (Technically, the old ICQ did work on Macintosh... just not for more than ten minutes at a time. -.-;)

Evic
Apr 24, 2001, 09:04 AM
Thanks these are all some good ideas!

I will more than likely add in the Legit, Non-Legit, and Unknown deal, but that doesn't keep people from lieing - oh well...

Here are some of the features currently:
- Chat with Online Users
- Ignore/Unignore users
- Get Information from users icluding what they have willing to trade, and what they need.

Keep the ideas coming in though!

Here are a few pics from the program:

<p align="center">http://www.bomb.net/~evicerator/Pic1.jpg
Splash Screen</p>

<p align="center">http://www.bomb.net/~evicerator/Pic2.jpg
Main Screen</p>