PDA

View Full Version : Good ol' Eihwaz

PsychoMantis
Apr 15, 2004, 03:07 AM
how did u ever come up w/ that name......

KaFKa
Apr 15, 2004, 05:12 AM
the more important question is how did you come up with THAT name? *boggle*

PsychoMantis
Apr 15, 2004, 12:12 PM
On 2004-04-15 03:12, KaFKa wrote:
the more important question is how did you come up with THAT name? *boggle*

obviously you've never metal gear before cuz in part 1 he's one of the main badguys! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif nice comeback tho! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif *boggle*

KaFKa
Apr 15, 2004, 12:23 PM
*sigh* and yet another one finds his way to FKL

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 02:43 PM
Eihwaz is the name of a rune, an ancient alphabet used by the ancient nords. It symbolizes fire. It is still in use today, however primarily used for ritual/magickal purposes by pagans. Every rune symbolizes something, and a rune or set of runes carved into wood or metal can supposedly bring about certain affects...like prosperity, protection, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evil_Althena8 on 2004-04-15 12:45 ]</font>

Sef
Apr 15, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-04-15 12:43, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
Eihwaz is the name of a rune, an ancient alphabet used by the ancient nords. It symbolizes fire. It is still in use today, however primarily used for ritual/magickal purposes by pagans. Every rune symbolizes something, and a rune or set of runes carved into wood or metal can supposedly bring about certain affects...like prosperity, protection, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evil_Althena8 on 2004-04-15 12:45 ]</font>

Did you know that or did you have to pull it from somewhere?

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 03:35 PM
I knew all of it, except for the fire part. I used to study occult and pagan things.

PsychoMantis
Apr 16, 2004, 12:18 AM
On 2004-04-15 10:23, KaFKa wrote:
*sigh* and yet another one finds his way to FKL

oh yah, one more thing KaFKa, what does FKL stand for? lol, kinda lost here....

i'm kinda wondering why eihwaz hasn't posted here yet tho. hmm, whatever. lol

never knew his name had that much history behind it tho!

KaFKa
Apr 16, 2004, 01:28 AM
fresh kills landfill, genius *rolls eyes*

Sagasu
Apr 16, 2004, 01:33 AM
Dont be too hard on the n00b guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 16, 2004, 01:38 AM
On 2004-04-15 12:43, Evil_Althena8 wrote:

Bingo. It is indeed a rune. The protection part is very significant...see here:

Behold "Freagerthach the Answerer" fabled Gaelic sword of the Irish sea god Manannan Mac Lir. Reproduced in miniature in this casting of antiqued pewter, it incorporates the magic rune Eihwas on the blade (thought to invoke a "shield of safety" through which no evil could penetrate). Made in USA. 3" long, 32" satin cord. (This is from a site I'm not gonna name, becuase it has like Kama Sutra/sexual position manuals for sale. Don't wanna get banned. O.O;)

The complex knot-pattern is Eihwas, but I prefered the spelling with z. Same thing, more or less. Sword of a sea-god, indeed. I need to buy this necklace. @_@;

Also, it had a tiny mention in Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix. It was mentioned as part of Hermione's Ancient Runes exam. I was joining another forum while reading that book...needed a good screename...

The rest, my friends, is history. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-15 23:43 ]</font>

KaFKa
Apr 16, 2004, 01:44 AM
sarun, youre not ready for FKL