PDA

View Full Version : Trade window and Non-item drop

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 09:37 AM
I absolutely hate this feature. This feature was added due to people complaining on v1 & 2 about people stealing their stuff, but theives are/were supposed to exist in PSO. It's part of the community and adds to the realism of the game.

Another thing that people complain about is that their items dropped and so did their money and then they'd get stolen. If your stupid enough to play with someone untrustworthy (yes you can tell who is trust worthy and isn't within a few minutes) then deserve your stuff stolen. Myself personally have lost WAY more money because of death and it just dissapearing than me dieing and it gets dropped. I mean i'd rather have the option to at least try to get it back than have it just not exist...

Uncle_bob
Apr 16, 2004, 10:43 AM
Meseta is far easier to gain back than that 12 star rare you spent months hunting for.

Aunt_Betty
Apr 16, 2004, 10:45 AM
On 2004-04-16 08:43, Uncle_bob wrote:
Meseta is far easier to gain back than that 12 star rare you spent months hunting for.

Amen,Girl

KodiaX987
Apr 16, 2004, 10:55 AM
On 2004-04-16 07:37, DurakkenX wrote:
theives are/were supposed to exist in PSO.

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO.

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabarnak/no.txt

KaFKa
Apr 16, 2004, 11:15 AM
On 2004-04-16 08:55, KodiaX987 wrote:

theives are/were supposed to exist in PSO.

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO.

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabarnak/no.txt

my thoughts exactly...

TatuPreb119
Apr 16, 2004, 11:23 AM
the only people who don't like the trade window were the theives themselves.. Makes you wonder

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 11:49 PM
i've never stolen anything in the game in my life...

It's part of the community and adds diversification...

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:49, DurakkenX wrote:
i've never stolen anything in the game in my life...
It's part of the community and adds diversification...

Hmmmmmmm ....
This is encouraging cheaters... to a certain extent.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 17, 2004, 05:04 PM
Thieves are inconsiderate fucks who ruin the game for everyone, like dupers/hackers. The trade window was invented to prevent someone from just running off with your stuff. Don't like it? Don't use it.
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/KamakaziSpike/kthxbye.jpg

KodiaX987
Apr 17, 2004, 08:49 PM
Spike, you are my motherfucking HERO. Your Kthxbye picture has been added to my database of Maddox Quality 0wnage.

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
On 2004-04-17 18:49, KodiaX987 wrote:
Spike, you are my motherfucking HERO. Your Kthxbye picture has been added to my database of Maddox Quality 0wnage.

motherfucking duh ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ness
Apr 17, 2004, 08:58 PM
On 2004-04-17 18:49, KodiaX987 wrote:

Agreed.

As for the whole thief thing, no one deserves to have their stuff stolen.

KodiaX987
Apr 17, 2004, 09:39 PM
On 2004-04-17 18:51, Firocket1690 wrote:
motherfucking duh ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I actually should make a picture of that. You know what? I'm going to go do one right now!!

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 10:11 AM
but of course people getting it freely people deserve hrmm?

navci
Apr 18, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-04-18 08:11, DurakkenX wrote:
but of course people getting it freely people deserve hrmm?

According to your logic, anything you don't get and work for by yourself, should get stolen? Consider this, you never really earn your life, so, of course someone can take it away from you and get you murdered? (dramatic example, but it's correct according to your logic)

Think about what you're saying whenever you can spare the time?

Evil_Althena8
Apr 18, 2004, 06:25 PM
I absolutely hate this feature. This feature was added due to people complaining on v1 & 2 about people stealing their stuff, but theives are/were supposed to exist in PSO. It's part of the community and adds to the realism of the game.

Another thing that people complain about is that their items dropped and so did their money and then they'd get stolen. If your stupid enough to play with someone untrustworthy (yes you can tell who is trust worthy and isn't within a few minutes) then deserve your stuff stolen. Myself personally have lost WAY more money because of death and it just dissapearing than me dieing and it gets dropped. I mean i'd rather have the option to at least try to get it back than have it just not exist...

...are you insane? Thanks to item drop trading on V1 I lost so many items, and yes I did play with people I trusted after that.

Mixfortune
Apr 19, 2004, 01:37 AM

PSO is anything but realistic.
And this is the first time I ever heard of "thieves" being an essential part of a community.

If it's intended to be realistic in that sense, why not drop all your units and armor, and shields, your mag, and your entire inventory? I mean, we want to build a "community" where your stuff just explodes from your body in neat little boxes ranging in various colors depending on where you wear it and how you use it.

Of course, realistically, you probably wouldn't notice corpse thieves taking your stuff after you've died anyways.

KodiaX987
Apr 19, 2004, 07:11 AM
Actually, if the game was realistic, well, if your character died, then you died as well. Hardcore fans will get a kick outta this.

DurakkenX
Apr 19, 2004, 10:19 AM
According to your logic, anything you don't get and work for by yourself, should get stolen? Consider this, you never really earn your life, so, of course someone can take it away from you and get you murdered? (dramatic example, but it's correct according to your logic)

accordin to most peoples' logic in this forum i'd say thas about right...and i never said they should get it stolen because they don't deserve it, but rather that theives should be part of the community as they should be on any game..makes you that much more careful

Bradicus
Apr 19, 2004, 10:29 AM
On 2004-04-19 08:19, DurakkenX wrote:

accordin to most peoples' logic in this forum i'd say thas about right...and i never said they should get it stolen because they don't deserve it, but rather that theives should be part of the community as they should be on any game..makes you that much more careful

Sweet crispy crap.
You don't need to be careful. That is the damned point.

KodiaX987
Apr 19, 2004, 10:42 AM

This is like trying to embrace the terrorists because they are misunderstood little children who just need some comfort and support. I'm about to send you into group therapy to straighten out your logic. Yes, it's that bad I'd be ready to pay to fix this horrible sight!

Armok
Apr 19, 2004, 10:54 AM
I agree with Kodia for once. No fucking way that sucked did some little bastard never rob your hard earned weopons when you where a newbie it was like the worst thing ever (Except for the constant Noling PKing and other code user annoyance stuff).

BOmar
Apr 23, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-04-19 08:54, Armok wrote:
I agree with Kodia for once.

Motherfucking http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/scans/fossil/ditto.jpg.

Your logic worries me Mr l337 dc hacker.

Inu_Ranma
Apr 27, 2004, 03:21 PM
The thing is that making stealing items okay doesn't actually help anybody who we want to help. It screws over newbies to the game, decreasing the legit community population in general, creates more thieves, propogating the problem, and makes the thieves who do it rich (in the PSO sense.) It's like trickle-down economics and Communism. Sure...it COULD work and be beneficial, but only in a perfect world.

Ness
Apr 27, 2004, 04:02 PM

Following your logic, we should allow terrorism because it makes people "that much more careful."

If anything they both (terrorism and thievry) make people more paranoid.

Hrith
Apr 27, 2004, 05:05 PM
Kodia, if you ever go bi, go Kefka http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
Apr 27, 2004, 05:08 PM
On 2004-04-27 15:05, Kef wrote:
Kodia, if you ever go bi, go Kefka http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I guess Ness's statistics were quite correct?

Ness
Apr 27, 2004, 07:33 PM
On 2004-04-27 15:08, navi wrote:

On 2004-04-27 15:05, Kef wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I guess Ness's statistics were quite correct?

Eh? Which statistics?

AquaFlare7
May 2, 2004, 01:37 AM
I seemed to have dropped my legit sealed j-sword that took me 1 year to get...can you please take it from me to make the world "a more fair" place to live? It wouldnt be balanced otherwise. Afterwards I would just love for you to take my wife and kids...im afraid there is no choice if we want to be equal. Please leave me with nothing at all so I may finally be free from this so-called "equal" world where we get what we earn......now that I think of it you may not want to ever post here again because you are a man of "equality and balance", but your throwing this forum off balance with your nonsense. So if you ever post here again I guess your just going against your own logic.

end result > Win win situation
a) you never post again, obviously a win
b) you post again, disproving your theory

select your poison Mr Balance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2004-05-01 23:39 ]</font>