PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Insomniacs!

Skuda
Apr 21, 2004, 04:21 PM
I hate my insomnia. I havn't slept in over 5 days now. I can't much pay attention to anything and I'm feeling like a complete zombie.

I hate this sleepless scurge of my head! *kicks cranium*

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 21, 2004, 04:29 PM
Ooo...

Have you started halucinating, yet?

Quick! Start drawing stuff!

Sord
Apr 21, 2004, 04:31 PM
if it happens a lot, ask your phyciatrist (sp?) about Seroquil. 200mg will knock you on yo azz (meant for heavy emphasis.) The first time i took it, the doc said 200mg, so i took it that night. 15min later i have to literally crawl from the computer chair to the bed (that's only 5ft away) and fall asleep. My parents had to sleep on my bed that night cause I wouldn't move at all. Also, I now take 25mg each night, used to take 50, but i'm going to sleep better now, so we lowered it.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 21, 2004, 04:41 PM
Mwah, i hate insomnia too, but i havent had it as bad as you. I do end up regularly going on laps of my flat though when i cant sleep and thats wierd. Only woken people up once luckily.

_Ted_
Apr 21, 2004, 05:21 PM
I don't have insomnia....I did have a touch of it back in middle school, but nothing as serious as what Kuda has going on here.

Kuda, 5 days!? That's not good for you, have you considered maybe knocking yourself out or taking lots and lots of dimatap?

Skuda
Apr 21, 2004, 05:26 PM
I've even tried this heavy medicine that is supposed to knock you out, it just gave me constapation for a few hours. It kinda sucks, but I have to work tonight.

_Ted_
Apr 21, 2004, 05:52 PM
On 2004-04-21 15:26, Scott_Kuda wrote:
I've even tried this heavy medicine that is supposed to knock you out, it just gave me constapation for a few hours. It kinda sucks, but I have to work tonight.

Well, you might want to seek medical attention before you die or pass out in the middle of a busy intersection.

Bradicus
Apr 21, 2004, 07:43 PM
http://www.szilagyi.us/images/yappysick/nyquil.jpg

good for what ails ya!

Outrider
Apr 21, 2004, 09:35 PM
I don't really have insomnia... but often (mostly when I'm on vacation at home) I won't go to sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning... and then not wake up for another twelve hours.

Sharkyland
Apr 21, 2004, 11:11 PM
Used to have a bad case of insomnia from time to time... though I try to distort it.

Skuda
Apr 22, 2004, 01:49 PM
I'm going on 6 days no sleep. Too bad I wasn't doing one of those charity drives where you stay up as long as possible to raise money. I'd be raking in the dough. But yes, I went to my family doctor this morning and he gave me some perscription. I'm picking it up after school, so don't expect to see me around for a day or two.

derBauer
Apr 22, 2004, 02:12 PM
I was going to say go to the doctor but you have already done that. I probably would have gone on day 3.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 22, 2004, 02:35 PM
I have a distorted sleep cycle that's kinda like insomnia I guess. I get about 2-5 hours of sleep every weeknight(school nights). Then I come home, and sometimes take a nap because I'm so tired (I can't help it) and the cycle repeats over and over. In the summer I stay up all night and sleep all day...or at least I used to. Pretty pathetic, I'm glad I'm not like that anymore

Boxblaster666
Apr 22, 2004, 09:19 PM
I've heard people die if they don't sleep within 7 days. I have it too, but not as bad. For a couple years I've been falling asleep at 1/ 1:30 in the morning. I have to go to bed at 10, but I lie there for hours. I sometimes go without sleeping, even a couple days in a row, but god! 6 days...crap, that's like the verge of death there. Hey, could people with insomnia explain that no matter what time you go to bed, you will ALWAYS be up untill late. I'd like to show my parents this because they never listen to me. I'd like to show them that other people go through the same thing and they just can't fall asleep.

Armok
Apr 23, 2004, 04:04 AM
The key to sleep is turning off your brain and not thinking. You tried getting really drunk and just passing out always works on a friday for me. Still hope you don't post for a couple of days.