PDA

View Full Version : XBox: The controls and multiplayer are crap!!

Sha_Hua
Apr 24, 2004, 09:08 AM
As DC veteran I really wanted to play this game with my friends. You know in the evening having fun, eating chips chopping Falz.

So I went with a friend down to the store to buy version 3 for the XBox. We wanted to test it because of the game tag issues.
But when we played the game we noticed the controls were terrible. Why didn't they use the full potential of the analog stick. It felt like I was using the digital pad.
Also we couldn't start a quest. What were we supposed to do!!! Run arround on ragol till we reach a decent level??

Anyway PSO was a great game. They really messed up the XBox version of the game!

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 09:21 AM
No, its just that mutli-mode isnt what they want you to do. Lol, you cant do quests in multi-mode, you cant talk to NPCs, most animated city lights and stuff dont flash. It's all to reduce lag in multi-mode. Single/solo mode is still very awsome, you just do what you need and get the items, then have fun on multimode. My biggest complaint is the screen splitting.. i wish it were better somehow, i cant see too well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
-xero
ps: welcome back to PSO, hope you like it better soon!

TatuPreb119
Apr 24, 2004, 09:28 AM
I agree with you on that the top of the screen isn't too bad top be on but I hate to have the bottom half It's just not big enough.. and has anybody tried to do more than 2? 3 or 4 people and the screen is way too small

Siris
Apr 24, 2004, 10:44 AM
We tried some offline C-mode with 4 players. It was extremely annoying because the symbol chats the game displays sometimes, would take up the entire screen and the lag in certain areas was just awful. Aside from some multi-player issues I have with the game, I love it solo and online for X-box. I hope the game gets better for you so you get some enjoyment from it.

DeciBal
Apr 24, 2004, 02:28 PM
I understand you had the XBOX version, but the GAMECUBE isn't any different. I have both, and from what I've noticed offline, the gamecube has cool water effects. That's the only difference I see.

Sha_Hua
Apr 24, 2004, 04:11 PM
Glad so many people agree with with me, but didn't anyone experience the annoying analog controls?!
On DC the analog let's the character move free in 360 degrees. In version 3 it was a 8 way control? I've never complaint about ST but did they forget to add analog control?

About the screensize. They've should have tested it for the 4 player. If it slows down the game that much they should have dropped the split screen and placed the camara 4 meters further and 1 meter higher behind character 1. The menus could apear in the 4 corners. This way al players can see the field and the game speed wouldn't drop. How many 2d games did ST use did on. They should think of that them selves.

Anyway I'm waiting till the price drops. 60 Euros is just to much. Or if they would make a version 4 with the 2 mentioned points prosessed in it together with some quests. I would even give E 70 for it. But there is a small chance that will happen.

Balbarei
Apr 25, 2004, 09:13 AM
On 2004-04-24 14:11, Sha_Hua wrote:
Glad so many people agree with with me, but didn't anyone experience the annoying analog controls?!
On DC the analog let's the character move free in 360 degrees. In version 3 it was a 8 way control? I've never complaint about ST but did they forget to add analog control?

About the screensize. They've should have tested it for the 4 player. If it slows down the game that much they should have dropped the split screen and placed the camara 4 meters further and 1 meter higher behind character 1. The menus could apear in the 4 corners. This way al players can see the field and the game speed wouldn't drop. How many 2d games did ST use did on. They should think of that them selves.

Anyway I'm waiting till the price drops. 60 Euros is just to much. Or if they would make a version 4 with the 2 mentioned points prosessed in it together with some quests. I would even give E 70 for it. But there is a small chance that will happen.

ehhh

the game is down to 25-30 EURO now !!

anwserman
Apr 25, 2004, 05:21 PM
Quit complaining.
Try making a lag-free game in multiplayer (note: most game companies SUCK at making a decent multiplayer game) and realize that PSO is just like most other 4-player games... slow and graphically impared.

If you're going to complain about how 4-player mode is on PSO, complain about the majority of games like that eh?

Evil_Althena8
Apr 25, 2004, 05:28 PM
On 2004-04-25 15:21, anwserman wrote:
Quit complaining.
Try making a lag-free game in multiplayer (note: most game companies SUCK at making a decent multiplayer game) and realize that PSO is just like most other 4-player games... slow and graphically impared.

If you're going to complain about how 4-player mode is on PSO, complain about the majority of games like that eh?

what answerman said. I've been playing multiplayer PSO on xbox for awhile. In fact, I play mulitplayer MORE than I play single-mode(due to the fact that I don't actually own an xbox). It's not that bad, you'll get used to it.

derBauer
Apr 25, 2004, 05:43 PM
I've played PSOX before and I know exactly what he is talkig about. You just can't seem to get the character to go the direction you want it to. You have to walk forward a little then turn a little to move the direction you want to sometime.
To a PSOX veteran or someone who has never played PSOX it would not seem like a big deal, but I complained about when it happened to me, and I have heard others complain about it too.

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2004, 01:24 PM
Ick... sounds horrible. I don't have an Xbox PSO though I don't think I'm putting my Xbox online.