PDA

View Full Version : spaghetti-oh-no's!!!

LollipopLolita
Apr 28, 2004, 06:11 PM
I could have had a better dinner, but I'm fucking unemployed. Spaghetti-o's were ninety-nine cents per can, and I had about ten bucks, and hell, that's dinner for a week! Rock!

Therefore, for the third straight day, Franco-American's standby has served as my semi-delicious, yet-not-especially-good-for-you dinner. Oh, Spaghetti-O's, you filled me up, made me feel good. You make me believe I have Italian food all the time. Pasta Al Dente. You were like little donuts that filled my tummy.

Then my friend invited me out for drinks. She just got a job, and we were to celebrate by filling ourselves with Pabst. PBR me, ASAP!

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, Spaghetti-O's and PBR, what could be more quintessentially white trash, what could possibly work better to wash down cold Spaghetti-O's scarfed down directly from the can that the cold (I am that lazy), refreshing piss that is PBR? You may be on to something, but there should be a warning label on the PBR Draught... perhaps a one-pitcher per person warning.

We sucked down our first pitcher of PBR, me feeling all confident. If my friend got a job, so could I, dammit! Then, we started discussin my skill set versus available jobs, and I started feeling fucking shitty about the prospects. I lost my hope, and that second pitcher of PBR we drank helped ease my pain. To further drown our pain, we drank our third pitcher. Damn you PBR, damn YOU!

We left, went our separate ways, and I walked into my house with a churning burning sensation in my stomach. The Spaghetti-O's were not making fast friends with the PBR. They were both not happy to meet one another. They did not have good formal introductions. Or perhaps the little O?s were outnumbered too much by the PBR and they rioted. Perhaps their lack of self confidence made them feel smaller than they already are. I think the disgustingly delicious tomato sauce did not like being rivalled by the liquidy crapness of PBR.

Either way, they had a violent fight in my stomach that came to a brutal head in my building's entryway as I was walking my dog. Now there's a spray of Spaghetti-O's in the entry. I take it as Modern Art anyone can enjoy. Rent is due tomorrow morning but no one wants to rent to an unemployed person who puked up PBR and Spaghetti-O's. I have no idea where I'll get the deposit if I have to get a new place.

Damn you PBR! Damn you Franco American! I still firmly stand in the opinon that I had Italian food every night.

This Spaghetti-O's post is dedicated to the person I love but refuse to buy me more Spaghetti-O's. Why oh why won't you? You have easy access to Spaghetti-O's, and yet won't buy me any. Don't you know they cost dirt cheap and ensure my dinner at night every night? Don't you want me to eat and ensure a proper healthy meal? That is not the way to treat a girl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-04-28 16:13 ]</font>

Sef
Apr 28, 2004, 06:15 PM
You should try selling that art. There's some quick money.

Ketchup345
Apr 28, 2004, 06:16 PM
Ian's not doing his job? Give him a warning. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 28, 2004, 06:24 PM
Ah, I remember single life...

Saltine crackers and Spaghetti-O's straight out of the can. That was dinner. And who can forget those nights of eating uncooked Ramen because you were too lazy to boil two cups of water?

It was a nice life, asside from the rather obnoxious roommate, who insisted on sleeping naked in the living room. Urg...

LollipopLolita
Apr 28, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cooked ramen, what the hell is that? I always thought ramen makes good cereal

Daikarin
Apr 28, 2004, 06:37 PM
Microwave is man's best friend.

decswxaqz
Apr 28, 2004, 07:40 PM
Currently living off one meal a day. Which is either pizza & chips or 4 piece chicken & chips. Literally. Although today I splashed out on two pizzas and are saving some for tomorrow.

And yes microwave is mans/womans/students http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif best friend.

It's not that I don't have money (my loan came in woot for me), it's that I'm too god damn lazy.

And ramen seems it can be eaten hot or cold. I just like it hot *slurp*

Hrith
Apr 28, 2004, 08:58 PM
at least I cook my spaghetti http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
my Italian family would never forgive me :|

Sef
Apr 28, 2004, 09:01 PM
Kef, would they shoot you in your kneecaps?

Outrider
Apr 28, 2004, 10:16 PM
On 2004-04-28 19:01, Sef wrote:
Kef, would they shoot you in your kneecaps?

It's more a crowbar to the kneecaps or a wooden spoon over your head.

At least, that's what my mom would do if she found me using Ragu or something like that.

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:29 AM
Chicken/beef Noodles are 9p a bag near where I live thats around 60meals a weak on a 10$ budget. Also beans are cheap as well may have to invest in some major beanage

decswxaqz
Apr 29, 2004, 10:35 AM
That's very cheap noodles.... I hope you live in Manchester http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Well the pizza is ok warmed up =/

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:40 AM
yep I live in manchester.

God I love Kwik Save and Aldi. Aldi beans where at 7 pence a tin at 1 point. I also recommend instant mash and bags of frozen sausages for your weekly 'meat' and 'vegatable' dose.

decswxaqz
Apr 29, 2004, 11:16 AM
o_O

Manchester England? I draw the line at Aldi I'm afraid. I'm all for not dying of starvation and quantity over quality in most cases, but I draw the line at Aldi/the other one hmmm

Mixfortune
Apr 29, 2004, 11:38 AM
On 2004-04-29 09:33, Madzozs wrote:
If you open the spaghettio's from the bottom, and just make a small air pocket on the edge of the can, they make a gross wet fart noise when they come out.

-_-