PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl?

SpikeOtacon
Apr 29, 2004, 05:26 AM
As of late, I haven't been drinking as much caffienated soda and coffee. This is because I fear of triggering a heart attack from too much of it in my system. However also as of late, i've been experiencing a slowdown in my perception of time. Another problem is the fact that i'm getting tired before I even get to lunch some days, even with a full night's sleep. I think something's wrong, and I think it's the caffiene. Has this happened to anyone out here? And if it has, did you seek help or did it go away naturally?

Daikarin
Apr 29, 2004, 05:55 AM
Let me start by saying I rarely drink caffeine-based products. I don't even like Coca-Cola. (BTW, better avoid it for a few months, thanks to yours truly Bin Laden)

The effects you are experiencing may be due to the unbalance your body's been having due to the level difference of caffeine. Eventually you would get used to it.

As for the tiredness, do you have breakfast?

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 08:32 AM
I know the signs of alocohol and nitotene withdrawal but as I don't drink much coke i don't experience that withdrawal much.

Coke makes me twinch any way

Sharkyland
Apr 29, 2004, 09:44 AM
I feel the same way in a fact. I get rather tired but mostly in the afternoon. It's like there's not much that can keep me awake, but I don't eat breakfast. I wish it was free though. ;_;

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:04 AM
OK Cafeine withdrawal apparently is

Feeling tired, angresive, and twichey

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 29, 2004, 10:14 AM
Plus headachey, slow in the head, and sick to your stomach. It's a very real addiction.

In answer to your question of "Do these withdrawl feelings go away eventually" - they do.

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:19 AM
Cig withdrawal is pretty bad. Feels liek your mouth is made out of gone off caramel and the only thing that will ever make it better is a cig.

Beer withdrawal is feeling really dry mouthed and surreal. Kinda depressed like you need a beer or you'll die.

Both are worse than cafeine in my opinion.

derBauer
Apr 29, 2004, 10:45 AM
Sometimes I feel like i need not necesarrily a beer, but any alcoholic drink. That is like 2-3 times a week. I only drink one though maybe once every other week. Sometimes i wonder if I will eventually start drinking too much. I don't think I do right now.

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 10:50 AM
Apparently Addiction is nothing to do with Intelligence. However if your that smart you must be able to muster the will power to realise that you have a drink/drug problem.

Oh and another one to add to the list

Weed withdraw - Pychological, however when you feel down. U really feel like you need a giggly happy state.

And pychological addiction is the real problem for addict.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-04-29 08:52 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 29, 2004, 12:13 PM
Um, ever heard the words "Breakfast is back"? Better start takin' them seriously. It's scientifically proven that not taking breakfast can affect you negatively through the rest of the day.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 29, 2004, 12:15 PM
Let me explain a bit about how caffeine works, and why you have withdrawls from it.

Your brain has receptors that, when they recieve a certain chemical, tell your body that it's time to sleep. Caffeine blocks those receptors, and therefore prevents your body from realizing that it's time to sleep.

Your brain counteracts Caffeine by building more receptors. That's why it will continually take more and more caffeine to keep yourself awake. It takes about a week to build these additional receptors.

If you quit caffeine cold-turkey, then you'll find yourself getting tired much more easily, as your brain will have more of these "tired" receptors. Given a week or two, however, you should be back to normal-- though you're likely to experience headaches in the mean time.