PDA

View Full Version : Race

InfinityXXX
Apr 29, 2004, 10:35 PM
I just got this game and i'm so mad that i can't play as my character. whats even worse is that theres noone black thats a male. i mean break, endu, and all the others are cool but if your gonna make a game in which before you were able to make and use your own character and now have it where they have characters already created they should have a wider range of characters. More fomars, more darkskined people, the should've mixed up stuff. and theres no freaking excuse for them not doing it i mean some of the characters you use are worthless *cough* *Peko*. if you don't agree with me about the having black males in the game or having the ability to use your character in battle then you can at least agree with me that there should be a more variety characters, i mean some characters *coughs again* *Peko* are worthless pieces of trash.

Mixfortune
Apr 29, 2004, 10:45 PM
OK, I'm just going to pick at the small things in your post first, since the whole "can't use your own character" thing has been covered many times already.

More FOmars? There are as many FOmars as anything else. Each side has 1 of each class/race combination, meaning 2 of each total.

Peko, useless? Maybe you could try looking at the stats of the card instead of Peko as a character. They could have easily given someone like Break the exact same stats, but would that make him worthless?

And yeah, PSO has never really been one for diversity of NPCs. That is nothing new. I sort of see where you are coming from, but if they use the 16 or so non-android/non-humanoid NPCs to each represent a different race/culture in real life, then people start making random accustions of "generalization" inherit in the game by little "clues" they formed in their own head. To avoid that potential, the game would have to be kiddy/super PC and unreallistically kindhearted.

Meh, I don't know, but it seems easier for them to do it they way they did. They're only NPCs...

InfinityXXX
Apr 29, 2004, 11:00 PM
anyone who wants to post a reply to this topic please post it in the topic XXX

navci
Apr 30, 2004, 12:23 AM
On 2004-04-29 20:45, Mixfortune wrote:
Peko, useless? Maybe you could try looking at the stats of the card instead of Peko as a character. They could have easily given someone like Break the exact same stats, but would that make him worthless?

I agree here. Peko isn't one of the best character. For sure. But useless .... well... personally I think if you have to attack the enemy by yourself say when they come too close, Peko gives you a better fighting chance than Creinu.

1. He has better general stats
2. "Technique" can be a useful ability

So. Useless? No. You can't dislike him just because he is chubby! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Heh. And erm, your topics confuses me.

Skorpius
Apr 30, 2004, 04:08 AM
Rio is dark skinned, and is hawt, wtf -__-
And she has a rather abusive ability, with Fixed Range, no doubt..

DruidMettool
Apr 30, 2004, 07:42 AM
Guykild is black... literally

and yes, Rio is really hot. And that's saying a lot because she's a RAmarl

Malkavian
Apr 30, 2004, 08:39 AM
24 characters is not that little. Come on, many games are only about 1 character. And Episode 3 doesn't have to be like Episode 1&2. Is a different game that uses same lobbies and servers. That's why we still need to make characters for lobbies.

DruidMettool
Apr 30, 2004, 08:50 AM
Peko is actually a very useful SC. He goes great with Tech-Arkz decks, and he's the only FO that can do 2 or more damage using a physical attack (aside from Break and Relm)

And he has planty of HP and the Tech ability. Can't go wrong with Tech ability...

BladeofDarkness
Apr 30, 2004, 10:14 AM
On 2004-04-30 02:08, Skorpius wrote:

Don't forget about Ino'lis, she's also dark skinned.

Skorpius
Apr 30, 2004, 04:50 PM
On 2004-04-30 08:14, BladeofDarkness wrote:

On 2004-04-30 02:08, Skorpius wrote:

Don't forget about Ino'lis, she's also dark skinned.

OOMMFFGG
I FORGOT ABOUT INOLIS...
NOOOO <3<3 FOMARL HAWTNESS
; ;
sorry Ino'lis ._ .'

Herogod
Apr 30, 2004, 05:24 PM
Don't take this offensivley but so what if only 1/6th of the chharacters are black? That is an amazingly high amount for a JP game seeing as there are very few black people over there. Also have you considered an Indian person's POV? Try and name a game with an Indian in... I am neither Indian nor Black but this is not intended to incite racial hatred

DruidMettool
Apr 30, 2004, 08:31 PM
On 2004-04-30 15:28, Herogod wrote:
Don't take this offensivley but so what if only 1/6th of the chharacters are black? That is an amazingly high amount for a JP game seeing as there are very few black people over there.

More like None at all... literally. Maybe a few tourists

Arislan
Apr 30, 2004, 08:52 PM
No, there are a few. And a few full black people are citizens as well, that came over and were naturalized during the period after the big earthquakes in the early 1920s. Since then, there has been a very small population of Brazilians and blacks (I state the race as opposed to the nation cause I flat out don't know) that are essentially legal dual citizens of Japan and their respective countries. So yeah, there are, but they are very rare. Far more common to see half-breed japanese children with dark skin though.

Zebulan7
May 1, 2004, 05:02 PM
I'm Native American (to be PC) and I have no problem with it, not that its that big of a problem. It is a jp game, so its understandable. My character may be "darker in color" (darkest skin tone on pallet), but does that matter?

I think st should at least be thanked for trying to make a story, which required SC. I don't think they were thinking "oh, we better include someone of ______ orgin." Its not a problem to them.

As for Pecko, I have an undefeated deck using him, this may be due to the fact that people use Tp def to block his tech attacks, tee hee. Pecko's great, even though I don't like his "personality." (if thats what you would call it)

InfinityXXX
May 1, 2004, 05:10 PM
I'm black and i agree that this is one of the very few games that have black or darkskinned people but since pso 1 and 2 was a self customization game they shold've at least have a wider range of races and characters. and i only seen 1 Fomar in this game. and also peko is a worthless loser i don't care what nonone says. he's a fat short disgrace to the forces and thats my opinion so there.*licks tounge*

Zebulan7
May 1, 2004, 05:19 PM
Um, there are two FOmars to play as in the game. There are two classes for each party.

Why do you care so much about race when you don't like one character because he is fat? It doesn't make sense to me.

Kanore
May 1, 2004, 06:55 PM
On 2004-05-01 15:10, InfinityXXX wrote:
I'm black and i agree that this is one of the very few games that have black or darkskinned people but since pso 1 and 2 was a self customization game they shold've at least have a wider range of races and characters. and i only seen 1 Fomar in this game. and also peko is a worthless loser i don't care what nonone says. he's a fat short disgrace to the forces and thats my opinion so there.*licks tounge*

Dude, use more periods, and learn how to use punctuation.

Don't bash on characters like that... if you haven't even gotten all of the characters...

Nisshoku
May 1, 2004, 07:09 PM
Pecos isn't a half-bad SC to use. I made a neat little Rappy deck for him when I first started out in Episode 3. It was quite fun, too. ^_^

Nai_Calus
May 1, 2004, 09:25 PM
I must protest the lack of aliens, furries and superintelligent shades of the colour blue.

Maybe I want to play as a Klingon, a heavily anthromorphic 9-tailed albino fox or a superintelligent shade of the colour blue. It doesn't mean I can. >_>;

Kanore
May 1, 2004, 09:29 PM
On 2004-05-01 19:25, Ian-KunX wrote:
I must protest the lack of aliens, furries and superintelligent shades of the colour blue.

Maybe I want to play as a Klingon, a heavily anthromorphic 9-tailed albino fox or a superintelligent shade of the colour blue. It doesn't mean I can. >_>;

Best.Point.Ever.Made.In.ComplaintTopic.

Nisshoku
May 2, 2004, 11:47 AM
Ian-KunX wins by default! He wins... er....um....dang, where are the prizes?!?!

InfinityXXX
May 17, 2004, 08:41 PM
Well then as i said in the post before, if pso started off as a self customization game it'll make perfect sense to have it to mke your own characters I feel uncomftorable going online and using people that aren't made by me(SC'S), this is how i feel and i felt that they should've added a black male in the sroryline if they weren't gonna let you fight with your customized charactr to keep the variety goin. For some of you people that believe peko is a good character, i believe he's not and i'm entitled to my opinion.also its fun making fun of him. to whoever critsized my punctuations, go do something else instead of makin fun of mi grammar. i don't intend on trying to make my posts perty, k. anyways i just think their should've be some black males in the game. i don't really care anymore about the race like i did when i first bought the game(i find myself playing ep.1 and 2 still). I admit it. i was wrong about fomars, relimotus, is a fomar too, but thats still to few lol...........but...but for yall to get so fired up over something so little, yall realy need to loosen up. i just said i want play as a black male and boom. yall are to self conscious when it comes to race.

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 09:18 PM
On 2004-05-17 18:41, InfinityXXX wrote:
Well then as i said in the post before, if pso started off as a self customization game it'll make perfect sense to have it to mke your own characters I feel uncomftorable going online and using people that aren't made by me(SC'S), this is how i feel and i felt that they should've added a black male in the sroryline if they weren't gonna let you fight with your customized charactr to keep the variety goin. For some of you people that believe peko is a good character, i believe he's not and i'm entitled to my opinion.also its fun making fun of him. to whoever critsized my punctuations, go do something else instead of makin fun of mi grammar. i don't intend on trying to make my posts perty, k. anyways i just think their should've be some black males in the game. i don't really care anymore about the race like i did when i first bought the game(i find myself playing ep.1 and 2 still). I admit it. i was wrong about fomars, relimotus, is a fomar too, but thats still to few lol...........but...but for yall to get so fired up over something so little, yall realy need to loosen up. i just said i want play as a black male and boom. yall are to self conscious when it comes to race.

Hmm, interesting...

Firstly, you can state your opinion, as you have said, since it is your opinion. Keep in mind that mentioning this is a double edged sword, since the opinions that are in conflict with yours are opinions as well. Naturally, on a topic with a bit more outspoken opinions that may appear, there are bound to be those who give vastly different opinions.

"also its fun making fun of him."

Being a tad selective about what "representations" are offensive and which are not, are we?

I'm not saying there shouldn't be diversity, I'm just saying that it's not that big of a deal what the SC's look like. Online you will still be remembered by your own character's name and what they look like, not what SC you use.

"but...but for yall to get so fired up over something so little, yall realy need to loosen up."

There really wasn't much of a problem with it until this topic was created.

"yall are to self conscious when it comes to race."

The only real one I see here that is self conscious is you :x

InfinityXXX
May 18, 2004, 04:20 PM
Oh actually i believe your the self concious one for replying to a topic that started a month ago. If you weren't trying to tackle down everything i say and actually read my post then you can see that i don't i don't give a monkeys tail about who i play as. To whoever said that they don't get why i called Peko fat or somethin like that here is my reply. Calling someone fat is just like calling someone skinny or tall or short. you take it as you want it, my best friend is fat, and he takes being caled fat as an average word, he isn't really offended by it. But people, people, get over my opinion towards Peko. Hes only a fictious made up character...sigh. Now about people talking about my opinion. I have the right to hold any opinion i want too. i say thebecause this topic wasn't made up for no debate. thus anyone who tried to alter my opinon is in violation of my opinion.....i hope you understood that as much as i did lol. If you wanna act like an @$$ and talk about the grammer in this post or whatever go ahead i don't care to be honest, i mean this post started like a month ago. but the only type of person to actually do this is a person with no life. I mean people, who really cares about this topic? I already know their ain't no black males in this and to be honest i don't care. Think about it..in this game, you can't really say if someon is a race or not. My sister looks exactly like Creino, same skin color and same hair(except hers is black) but my sister African american. I really don't play this game and i'm not into games like i use to be. but anyways through this whole post i've been saying that some of yall need a life. Go to the mall, instead of tryin to chew people out on message boarde(thats so geeky). Now theres alot more i'll like to say but i have a date to go to.

Para
May 18, 2004, 04:31 PM
You people! Its all about Sil'fer!!!!

*psst sharkyland you can come and help me out here now...*

Mixfortune
May 18, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-05-18 14:20, InfinityXXX wrote:
Oh actually i believe your the self concious one for replying to a topic that started a month ago. If you weren't trying to tackle down everything i say and actually read my post then you can see that i don't i don't give a monkeys tail about who i play as. To whoever said that they don't get why i called Peko fat or somethin like that here is my reply. Calling someone fat is just like calling someone skinny or tall or short. you take it as you want it, my best friend is fat, and he takes being caled fat as an average word, he isn't really offended by it. But people, people, get over my opinion towards Peko. Hes only a fictious made up character...sigh. Now about people talking about my opinion. I have the right to hold any opinion i want too. i say thebecause this topic wasn't made up for no debate. thus anyone who tried to alter my opinon is in violation of my opinion.....i hope you understood that as much as i did lol. If you wanna act like an @$$ and talk about the grammer in this post or whatever go ahead i don't care to be honest, i mean this post started like a month ago. but the only type of person to actually do this is a person with no life. I mean people, who really cares about this topic? I already know their ain't no black males in this and to be honest i don't care. Think about it..in this game, you can't really say if someon is a race or not. My sister looks exactly like Creino, same skin color and same hair(except hers is black) but my sister African american. I really don't play this game and i'm not into games like i use to be. but anyways through this whole post i've been saying that some of yall need a life. Go to the mall, instead of tryin to chew people out on message boarde(thats so geeky). Now theres alot more i'll like to say but i have a date to go to.

You're the one who bumped and posted half a month later there, bud.
I'm not necessarily wasting my time here considering it takes me less than a minute to make a reply.

And me replying has little to do with self consciousness in regards to race. I'm just pointing out that with a topic like this you would have to expect the sorts of responses you got. Live with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-18 16:03 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
May 18, 2004, 09:59 PM
Well bud, i posted a half month later because when i made this topic i forgot all about it and i decided to see what happened to it bud. Also i had the sasser virus on my cpu so i couldn't go on the web, but for the first time i'm happy. My topic is like at the almost top of the forum, yay!

InfinityXXX
May 18, 2004, 10:09 PM
I know what i got into when i made this post about race. I started saying stuff about my opinion and how you can't change it because i think i said somethin about Peko and how i didn't want to use him and everyone was like pekos cool and don't hate on the peko and how great he is. This is where i started sayin stuff about opinons because when i said that stuff about peko i said it as a joke and not to have evryone get mad over some made up guy. The board started lingering towards if Peko is cool or not. and i really didn't give a flip about peko and i was like leave how i feel about peko amd start talkin about race. Anyways i'm tired of this topic snce evryone wants to talk about their fettishes with Peko. Do you know how to lock or close this topic?

shinto_kuji
May 18, 2004, 11:36 PM
I think you have a good idea there Infinity... about locking this topic and all. It would prevent more innocent posters from reading your nonsense.

You bumped it, you attempted to insult someone else for it, then tried to be witty by making fun of a choice of word. I wouldn't talk about other people wasting time if I were you.

rena-ko
May 19, 2004, 04:49 AM
whats the matter.

if you have a concern about the selectable storycharacters, write an email to sega instead of posting here. making a thread about something that noone here can change at all, has no further sense and thus wastes traffic and time.

i personally would say, too bad for you, live with it.

and about threads and bumping. it would have been ok if this thread was worth reading to begin with with. but since you bumped irrelevant info with irrelevant info, this better be locked and moved to where it should have been created initially.