PDA

View Full Version : Cars...go boom!

DarthFomar
Apr 30, 2004, 05:25 PM
I swear I hate cars...they are always a problem. People kill each other with them in wrecks, or they break down, or you run out of gas, or some other wack happens.

*Good news...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by running it off a cliff*.

I have a prelude, and I think it has finally said...enough, I am nobodies &%$*#. B'cuz I was goin to the store and it started going chug chug chug chug, and then it shut down. So I called my dad *seeing as I didn't get very far on my trip to the market* and he towed it back home. The fuel pump is messed up or some junk.

Anybody else have any wack experiences with cars? I swear I hate em. I want to take a shotgun to the face of my cars engine and just blow it to hell. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Pancake
Apr 30, 2004, 06:24 PM
I hate motorcycles, drivin g past my house late at night god dammit!

Outrider
Apr 30, 2004, 06:26 PM
I was driving with a friend on the highway one night to get to a friends house. (He lives about 35-45 minutes away.) So anyway, we hit an exit and all of a sudden the car just dies. We're freaking out as the exit splits; one way goes upstate while the other brings you towards NYC. Obviously, this is a fairly busy exit. My friend lets momentum take us to the fork where we run into some of those huge orange rubber things. And then we just sit there. It's not exactly the best place to have your car stall. Not sure what to do, we decide it's best to try and see if we can get the car running again.

Anywho, the car DID start again, but it died a second before my friend turned it off when we got to where we were going.

Fun stuff.

Squeege
Apr 30, 2004, 09:11 PM
This reminds me f that Speed Racer episode where the guy hates cars so he tries to destroy them all or something.

DarthFomar
Apr 30, 2004, 11:54 PM
On 2004-04-30 16:26, Outrider wrote:
I was driving with a friend on the highway one night to get to a friends house. (He lives about 35-45 minutes away.) So anyway, we hit an exit and all of a sudden the car just dies. We're freaking out as the exit splits; one way goes upstate while the other brings you towards NYC. Obviously, this is a fairly busy exit. My friend lets momentum take us to the fork where we run into some of those huge orange rubber things. And then we just sit there. It's not exactly the best place to have your car stall. Not sure what to do, we decide it's best to try and see if we can get the car running again.

Anywho, the car DID start again, but it died a second before my friend turned it off when we got to where we were going.

Fun stuff.

Ummmm....that's worse than the time me and my family were stranded on the highway with no alternator *it broke* and the battery was sucked dry lol. Dang I would've cussed out that damn car...right in the middle of the fork, :S. Did you have triple AAA. I have it but I don't know when it expires.

My dad says that I am never to buy another foreign car ever again or he will disown me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The friggin car *my prelude* won't even start anymore. I think it needs to take a shit or something, b'cuz if it doesn't *when I get my new car* I'm going to roll it out into the street and set it on fire and watch the p.o.s. burn in hell. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Armok
May 1, 2004, 05:24 AM
I got Knocked down by a motorbike when I was a kid.

Also driving is the single most useless thing in existance. Do ppl not realise that if they live in a city everyone should is bikes as they would attually get to their location faster and have to live in a less poluted enviroment.

DarthFomar
May 3, 2004, 12:00 AM
Finally...I've got my car fixed, but I'm still going to torch it when I get my new one next summer...b'cuz I won't be able to get a dime from it with all the problems I've had *unless I sell it for spare parts, but I doubt someone will want it for that reason*.

I probally won't burn it...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll just drive it down to the junkyard, and give it a nice makeover. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

opaopajr
May 4, 2004, 09:01 AM
tons, but i'll leave you with a particularly nasty one.

spent 4 hours in a morning commute - stick shift car. leg was cramping during work that day.

that very evening 3 hour commute back. leg was cramping while i was eating dinner too.

i hate cars. i hate traffic. i hate america's obsession with private transit. if i could light a car on fire to express my frustration i'd feel such ecstasy. i pine for the day when i get taxed more to build real mass transit just to spare *hours* from my commute. what's the use of that extra bit of money if i can only spend it imprisoned in the car? stupid.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 4, 2004, 10:48 AM
In its last days, my truck wouldn't idle, and because someone incompetantly rigged up the heat pump, it ended up overheating. I honestly wish that I had just changed the heat pump myself the first time it started leaking, because I would've saved myself several hundred dollars, and I might still have the truck, today.

As anyone who's read The Recollection of VanGarrett may realize... I loved that truck... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The last time it was ever driven was a fateful drive home from work (about 45 miles or so on a highway), and it didn't quite make it. After stopping to refill the radiator several times, it finally died that the top of an off-ramp a mere three miles from home, and only a few hundred yards from a gas station where I could refill the radiator, yet again. Ironically, I might've been able to save it, if I hadn't had to stop to let some freak go by at fifteen miles an hour or so. If I didn't have to let the engine die, it may not have been a problem...

Liquid_Bacon
May 4, 2004, 11:56 PM
I don't have too much of a problem with cars breaking down, but I'm a mechanic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KaFKa
May 5, 2004, 04:46 AM
other than running out of gas once ive never had a problem with any of my cars.

and to whoever said that its faster riding a bike through a city:

theres a difference between an overcrowded metropolis and a big city. in places like new york and tokyo, of course its faster to ride a bike, but "normal" circumstances would allow a car to go much faster and with less exertion than a bike. go figure

Armok
May 5, 2004, 06:38 AM
Ppl in big cities use cars because

A, a car is a status sumbol of wealth, bike are for the poor
B, If everyone else was on a bike your car would go much faster
C, Cars are the lazy way to travel.

Personally the sooner that inner city areas all become no car zones the better.

Still cars are cool though.