PDA

View Full Version : Okay, for those of you who submit news...

LollipopLolita
May 3, 2004, 12:26 PM
It's called a NEWS SUBMISSION

Read it again

NEWS

Look at it again

NEWS

Look at the page, what does it say on top?

We cannot contact you back if you're an anonymous user nor will we contact you back if your submitting a question, Please use the PM (private message) system to PM one of the staff if you have a question or first try to look through the Guides section for your answer!

How hard is it to understand?

Do I need to make it freakin' blink?

DO NOT USE IT TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

And freaking clan events is not news! Don't use us to advertise yourself!!!

CAN YOU READ?

IT SAYS NEWS SUBMISSION!!!

fucknuts

LollipopLolita
May 3, 2004, 12:30 PM
and for the love of tintin, god, jove, hermes, buddha, krishna and toutatis

"I FOUND LABIS" is not A FREAKING NEWS SUBMISSION

neither is

"I SAW FUCKIN HUGE RAPPY LOL LOL ROFLMAO"

or

"I DO MAD KILLER SYMBOL CHATS OF PEOPLE GETTING IT ON"

Okay moron!

Do you know what NEWS means?

It certainly does not involve just you!

What the hell do I care about just you? What the hell do I freaking care about those shit?

I wouldn't even post is Yuji Naka saw a fuckin huge rappy.

Jesus, Joseph and Satan!!!!

Go back to first grade and learn to read!!!

The world does not revolve around you.

NEWS SUBMISSION

This has been a PSA by the "Don't you fuckin' think?" foundation. We thank you for letting Lolli get this off her chest after years of torture.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-05-03 10:43 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 3, 2004, 12:39 PM
I love you.

Cowboy
May 3, 2004, 12:45 PM
You need to start issuing timed bans for these types of things.

LollipopLolita
May 3, 2004, 12:47 PM
ian i love you too. now let's get it on, assume 34 kama sutra positions and submit that as news

Scejntjynahl
May 3, 2004, 12:50 PM
On 2004-05-03 10:47, LollipopLolita wrote:
ian i love you too. now let's get it on, assume 34 kama sutra positions and submit that as news

34? Hmm, I thought there was more than 34. I hope Ian has taken his vitamins.

Topic: Yes people really dont read any of the forum rules, you should make like a quiz before adding new members. Like if they answer right, they can join. If they answer wrong they will have to wait a couple of days before trying again...

LollipopLolita
May 3, 2004, 12:57 PM
that will just about get rid of 90% of our current existing members if we make them take the quiz as well

Cowboy
May 3, 2004, 01:00 PM
and thats a bad thing?

Firocket1690
May 3, 2004, 01:27 PM
I submitted the thingy of the ST is taking action thingy.
Twice.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LollipopLolita
May 3, 2004, 01:46 PM
you do realize that other people submit too? that if someone else submitted earlier than you did, or in a better way and format, we'd go with that entry.

in your case, meira did it first

Ness
May 3, 2004, 04:28 PM
I think we should make all the members take a quiz and if they don't apss then they are banned from the forum. Either that or shut down AOL, that will solve the problem too.

derBauer
May 3, 2004, 04:38 PM
just start warning the dirty bastards and say they are harassing you.

Arislan
May 3, 2004, 04:42 PM
I'm up for bombing AOL/Time Warner HQ... Got some home-made napalm here, and I should be able to get the structural plans if someone wants to make up some Clorox bombs...

And whoever said reading doesn't teach you anything?

Jeez Lolli, and I thought I got bombarded with stupid posts/messages...

"I got an S Rank after battle, but no S rank card? Why not?"

"I got a DEl Rapy from a blue pack online after a B rank, it's not an E rank card"

Morons.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 3, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-05-03 14:28, Ness wrote:
I think we should make all the members take a quiz and if they don't apss then they are banned from the forum. Either that or shut down AOL, that will solve the problem too.

Don't be too hasty there, Pilgrim. Not all AOL members are braindead.

http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/images/MeiraContact.gif

Arislan
May 3, 2004, 05:02 PM
Using AOL does not make you braindead. However (here comes the generalization) most AOL users ARE already braindead, don't know any better, and therefore use AOL as internet access.

Most of us don't want to admit it, but just about all of us here used AOL at some point...

HUnewearl_Meira
May 3, 2004, 05:13 PM
On 2004-05-03 15:02, Arislan wrote:
Using AOL does not make you braindead. However (here comes the generalization) most AOL users ARE already braindead, don't know any better, and therefore use AOL as internet access.

Most of us don't want to admit it, but just about all of us here used AOL at some point...

I use AOL to this day. Albeit, it's not my primary internet access anymore, but I do still use it. I think the thing that most people don't realize is that it's not really an ISP-- rather than being an Internet Service Provider, it's a Web Service. The difference being that an ISP provides you with access to the internet, and maybe a handful of useful things, such as an e-mail address or two and perhaps a few megabytes worth of webspace.

A Web Service, on the other hand, is a network all its own, often providing e-mail, webspace, various chat services, forums, news, weather, entertainment, games, other services, and generally forming a community all its own; while at the same time, it may or may not also function to provide access to the internet.

Quite frankly, I like the service for what it is, and I can stand by this statement with confidence because I also rather like AOL for certain features that result in rather convenient exploitations of this service, that I'd probably get in trouble for talking about at length, on this particular site. If you'd recieved the benefit of some of the things I've used AOL for in the past, you'd rather like AOL, as well.

Ness
May 3, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-05-03 14:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Here's someone else throwing down the "generalization" card. I would expect that from some of the younger kids here, but not someone like you, who can understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 3, 2004, 05:36 PM
On 2004-05-03 15:23, Ness wrote:

On 2004-05-03 14:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Here's someone else throwing down the "generalization" card. I would expect that from some of the younger kids here, but not someone like you, who can understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value.

I can, indeed, understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value, but I'm personally a big fan of "Imposing Authority" for comedic value, as well.

Ness
May 3, 2004, 07:20 PM
On 2004-05-03 15:36, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

I can, indeed, understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value, but I'm personally a big fan of "Imposing Authority" for comedic value, as well.

Imposing authority? I didn't see you imposing any authority.

LollipopLolita
May 4, 2004, 03:05 AM
okay, the topic was about news submissions.

or did you guys also not understand what news means?

Scejntjynahl
May 4, 2004, 10:23 AM
News, as I far I can remember was an acronym for events that took place North, East, West, and South hence "NEWS".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Furankunichan on 2004-05-04 08:23 ]</font>

Hrith
May 4, 2004, 08:50 PM
Scejntjynahl, you're fired.

And do the quizz thingy, since I fully read the rules like 20 times, I'll pass ^__^ ban them all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Firocket1690
May 5, 2004, 12:00 AM
On 2004-05-03 15:13, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Quite frankly, I like the service for what it is, and I can stand by this statement with confidence because I also rather like AOL for certain features that result in rather convenient exploitations of this service, that I'd probably get in trouble for talking about at length, on this particular site. If you'd recieved the benefit of some of the things I've used AOL for in the past, you'd rather like AOL, as well.

... Streaming what's 'in'
oh, and btw, aol has a inhumane amount of bandwidth.
It takes about 30 seconds to stream a song on a 56k
*has been listening to Usher's full 'Confessions' cd for free on aol lately* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I think I can understand what Meira is getting to, but some people *coughMEcough* just want a basic, simple ISP. In my case, my mother's all bitchy and pays way too much for all of aol's extra's which she doesn't even use.

Oh, and that's one more thing. The more aols come out 8.0, 9.0, etc, they're trying to make aol the one program to do everything on your computer.
I put a CD into my computer, and aol prompt me to play it, and goes off to fetch track names for me from the GraceNote Database. Which brings me to on more thing. If they have aol.com.hk (http://www.aol.com.hk), and a few others, then I assume they have business in East Asia. Then why don't they have the language support ? Every time I need a Japanese site, or Chinese site (probably kr too) I need to open up IE. Oh hell, the above mentioned DB can't even read it's own database files.

On the bright side...
Their aol 'features' are becomming crazier by each version. When 9.0 came out, aol released a 'cash card' for teens which can be used "anywhere Visa is accepted". Basically, it's a debit card, but it has a very easily manipulatable loophole.
I have my mother's account password. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
XD
That's one more thing...
All of aol's features take up a shitload of processor power. On my old ocmputer (Pent.2) I was just sitting idle online, with the Task Manager open.
The thingy used up about 86% of the processor. That's what happens when it loads all this crap on my computer. That "Welcome, You've got mail!" is rather annoying. Aol loads up the 'channels' sidebar, a welcome screen, and a buddy list once you sign on. If I remember correctly, on AIM, they stream videos for ads. >.<
Some computers can't handle all that crap, and there's no way to disable it.

Yay for a really unorganized post. Sorry if it's all fuggered up or something. It's one in the morning est. goodnight. =)

Nai_Calus
May 5, 2004, 02:05 AM
The best way to get rid of AOL is to uninstall it, reformat your hard drive, physically remove it from the computer, drop it from a height of 20 feet onto a concrete floor several times(There are arguements as to whether 5 or 7 times is optimal, I prefer 7 as it seems more thorough), melt the pieces into a nice molten slag and mold it into the shape of a star of david while chanting exorcism chants from the religion of your choice. Then you'll be rid of it.

Maybe.

Ness
May 5, 2004, 05:54 AM
What so funny abut AOL is that they have one of the most expensive narrowband services out there, but they also have one of the highest disconnect rates and crappy tech support. It's sad that they could charge so much and give so little.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 06:04 AM
On 2004-05-05 00:05, Ian-KunX wrote:
The best way to get rid of AOL is to uninstall it, reformat your hard drive, physically remove it from the computer, drop it from a height of 20 feet onto a concrete floor several times(There are arguements as to whether 5 or 7 times is optimal, I prefer 7 as it seems more thorough), melt the pieces into a nice molten slag and mold it into the shape of a star of david while chanting exorcism chants from the religion of your choice. Then you'll be rid of it.

Maybe.

Don't be so sure.

a friend of mine wanted to change ISP, from AOL to another French one, he "uninstalled" AOL 8.0 at the time.
but when he tried to install the new ISP, AOL got in the way.
he sure knows a lot about computers so he manually deleted all AOL info from the HDD.
--> same problem, AOL would not let him use IE with another ISP.
he went to DOS and did a formatdisk --> same-thing-happened.
I told him the only way was to reset his HDD doing a fdisk, and at last it worked... after he reinstalled WinXP.

AOL is uber crap, period.

And people want me to use AIM saying it's not like AOL ? don't even dream about it.

Ness
May 5, 2004, 06:14 AM
I use AIM and it's not too bad. I prefer MSNM because it's more XPesque, however.

Armok
May 5, 2004, 06:20 AM
AOL internet didnt work with pso. I hate AOL computer destroying monsters.

'You have sucessfully uninstalled AOL and we have sucessfully uninstalled half the key components to make your computer run properly. Thank you for using our free trial and we hope you spend hundreds of pounds trying to fix the problems we have just caused you, the cheapskate who wouldnt subscribe'

Dam them, dam them all

Scejntjynahl
May 5, 2004, 10:11 AM
On 2004-05-04 18:50, Kef wrote:
Scejntjynahl, you're fired.

Do I get to collect unemployment now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Topic:

How is this becoming a thread of AOL and not "News Submission" is beyond me.

But Lolli should really consider the test thing, at least youll know if in fact the rules have at least been glanced at.

Hrith
May 5, 2004, 10:29 AM
On 2004-05-05 04:20, Armok wrote:

'You have sucessfully uninstalled AOL and we have sucessfully uninstalled half the key components to make your computer run properly. Thank you for using our free trial and we hope you spend hundreds of pounds trying to fix the problems we have just caused you, the cheapskate who wouldnt subscribe'

Dam them, dam them all

agreed.

let Arislan bomb them

sorry for the hi-jacking, Lolli, but I had to rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Ness
May 5, 2004, 03:24 PM
On 2004-05-05 08:29, Kef wrote:

On 2004-05-05 04:20, Armok wrote:

Dam them, dam them all

agreed.

let Arislan bomb them

sorry for the hi-jacking, Lolli, but I had to rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

I'll just make an Aol thread.