PDA

View Full Version : My life as of now...

-Luke-
May 14, 2004, 02:37 PM
Since November I have been having debilitating stomach cramps and nausea attacks, but now I know why, but I'm not really relieved. I have had a hojillion blood tests and a endoscopy and a biopsy, and the diagnosis is Crohnes disease. My immune system is clinically moronic and attacks my own fucking intestines. This causes ulcers, and can cause serious damage to the intestines if it isn't treated properly. But, yeah sure, its good to know what the problem was, but I was happier being ignorant and thinking it was just stress. I am going to be on medication for the rest of my life. I know, its not terminal, and it can be controlled, so I really have no reason to feel sorry for myself but shit, every morning, get up, brush teeth, get dressed, pop three horse pills. Eat lunch, pop 2 small pills. Eat dinner, pop another 2. Shit. Yeah, I don't expect anyone to understand or give a shit, seeing as this fits under the generic angsty teen rants section, but I needed to get it off my chest.
Luke

Sharkyland
May 14, 2004, 03:13 PM
Gyah... I've heard of Crohn's disease. ;_; Nasty nasty stuff. Medications do sux, but they keep you living until a better cure can be found.

-Luke-
May 14, 2004, 03:24 PM
Cure? This shits genetic, there is no cure. It can be controlled, but I am never going to be better.

Sharkyland
May 14, 2004, 03:29 PM
If there is a will, there's a way... though genetics isn't too far off in time... how soon, I don't know.

lain2k3
May 14, 2004, 03:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

sorry man, that bites major ass.

KaFKa
May 14, 2004, 07:04 PM
well, thats life, yeah?

Outrider
May 14, 2004, 07:26 PM
I'd say this is significantly different from normal angsty teen rants. It sucks that you have to take these pills, but you'll eventually get into the habit of it, and it's much better than the alternative.

ABDUR101
May 15, 2004, 12:42 PM
Don't let it bother you. Atleast there's even medication to take for it, right? Just think how your life would be if you had nothing to atleast help balance it out.

Bad shit, but it happens to everyone. Go with the flow yeah? No worries.

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2004, 12:53 PM
That fucking sucks. >_<

Er... At least it's not insulin injections? >_<;;; Doesn't make it any better, I know. >_<;;;

Armok
May 15, 2004, 01:07 PM
Gary in my house has that disease its nasty and is common genetic disease among Jewish ppl. Causes nasty weight lose and involve steriods to sort out. Good luck as from what I've heard from my friend it can cuase serious depression.

Bradicus
May 15, 2004, 06:41 PM
I'm glad that my body is on my side O_o

Anubis_
May 15, 2004, 11:39 PM
Ive think i heard of it before..

but not alot..

idontknowwhattosay

I hate to hear stuff like that... sorry to hear about it... but im thankful its nothing terminal..

I hope your current condition betters... Its amazing how no matter how bad life seems, you always seem to find someone with a worse off situation than you..

Reading some rants makes me really think twice about how other people have nothing better to do than complain about meaningless and trivial things..

I really wish you the best of whatever comes your way.. gods speed..

-Luke-
May 16, 2004, 02:00 AM
Meh, thanks for the support, sorry I haven't responded for a while, I had a serous fever and had to stay in hospital for a while, and the docs decided to double the steroids, then I went home and puked blood and, cursing all the way went back to the hospital with a temperature of 42 degrees C. Average is around 36 you USA residents. Now at least they have cancelled that set of meds altogether seeing as a small % of people react badly to it, and they suppose I might be one of them. And now I am off it, the fevers gone. Feel better, but doesn't change the fact that I can hardly keep my eyes open after sleeping for 13 hours, I am still exausted. Kinda http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif and http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Meh.

_Ted_
May 16, 2004, 02:34 AM
Uhhggg.....doesn't sound like fun Luke, best of luck to ya, hope you get to feeling better.

Medicine that makes you sick just plain sucks, the medicine that the doctor gave me for my sinus infection made me more sick than the actual sinus infection did....

sogoX
May 16, 2004, 05:47 PM
Dude that sucks horribly! I use to have morning sickens where i would wake up weak and eventually throw up. But I think yours is worse. Sorry dude.

lain2k3
May 16, 2004, 07:18 PM
On 2004-05-16 15:47, sogoX wrote:
Dude that sucks horribly! I use to have morning sickens where i would wake up weak and eventually throw up. But I think yours is worse. Sorry dude.

Have you had unprotected sex anytime in the last month?