PDA

View Full Version : Nice, nice...

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 05:09 AM
This was a pleasant surprise.
I was able to beat Rhythm and Police on Double, Heavy 2x on the first try.

And then I failed Max 300 Double, Heavy near the end. Curses!

Ness
May 17, 2004, 05:57 AM
Are you talking about DDR?

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 10:59 AM
Yes.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 17, 2004, 11:31 AM
I once saw someone get an over 1400 combo on Oni... Man, that guy killed...

I think it was the same guy that came threateningly close to busting a 1000 combo on Oni with Double on... Afronova was among the songs he had to go through, at that... It was insanity.

I'm content to bounce between Beginner and Light, myself...

Captain Jack forever, man...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2004-05-17 09:32 ]</font>

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah it was a while back ago, but I was watching someone on Oni get well past 1000 combo. Got about 8 greats with the rest perfects I believe. Can't recall which set it was.

I liked playing So Deep, Sakura, and Across the Nightmare Heavy Double. Play Heavy Double 2x Xenon every once in a while as well. I still need to beat CSFILSM 2x Heavy Double, though...

I'm not really a Captain Jack kind of person.
Only really cared for My Generation out of those, if that was Captain Jack... I can't quite remember.

Bradicus
May 17, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-05-17 19:41, Mixfortune wrote:
Yeah it was a while back ago, but I was watching someone on Oni get well past 1000 combo. Got about 8 greats with the rest perfects I believe. Can't recall which set it was.

I liked playing So Deep, Sakura, and Across the Nightmare Heavy Double. Play Heavy Double 2x Xenon every once in a while as well. I still need to beat CSFILSM 2x Heavy Double, though...

Only really cared for My Generation out of those, if that was Captain Jack... I can't quite remember.

Have you ever been involved in a heated arcade showdown? I don't mean to insult, i'm just curious.

Mixfortune
May 17, 2004, 09:55 PM
On 2004-05-17 19:45, Bradicus wrote:

Have you ever been involved in a heated arcade showdown? I don't mean to insult, i'm just curious.

I've been in a couple of unofficial tournaments (not major cash prize ones or anything like that). One of them I got to the finals, where the two of us played Max 300, then Maxx Unlimited, then Healing Vision Angelic.

Another one I was involved in while I was at Sakura Con. I got past the first round, but I was stopped dead in the second round when Somewhere Over The Rainbow came up. Shit, I do better on Paranoia Survivor Max Oni than that retarded song.

But yes, I suppose I've been "in a heated arcade showdown" a number of times, including one time when both my feet came out from under me while playing Max 300 in the arcade. I began to fall back but caught the bar. I most likely would have ended up with a broken neck or back if I hadn't caught myself. Scary.

Bradicus
May 18, 2004, 06:21 AM
indeed

DarthFomar
May 18, 2004, 06:39 AM
I've never played it. And I guess that'd be a good thing to mate. Seeing as I don't like to dance either.

And another thing. Why is it, when I think of DDR I think of Twister {right foot on blue}. I don't get that. I must be a mental case. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
May 18, 2004, 10:22 AM
On 2004-05-17 19:41, Mixfortune wrote:

::shrug:: I'm rather fond of Speed Over Beethoven, too.

Mixfortune
May 18, 2004, 11:22 AM
Speeed Over Beethoven is Rose, isn't it?
I normally don't pay attention to the artist.
I like Speed Over Beethoven as well.