Bradicus
May 21, 2004, 09:52 PM
http://www.firsttvdrama.com/show1/largcast/unicron.jpg
or
http://www.telebyte.nl/~vlemming/galactus.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pixel_Toa
May 21, 2004, 09:57 PM
I have no idea who Unicron is, but Galactus would eat him alive. Literally.

Noobliterator
May 21, 2004, 09:58 PM
unicron all the way! even though I don't know who either of them are

Mixfortune
May 21, 2004, 10:05 PM
Devo.

Bradicus
May 21, 2004, 10:05 PM
Bah, am i the only one who ever saw the transformers movie? >_>

I forget how big Galactus is, but methinks Unicron would swallow him whole.

Mixfortune
May 21, 2004, 10:09 PM
Isn't Galactus very very large? Not sure about "that other guy".

Bradicus
May 21, 2004, 10:17 PM
On 2004-05-21 20:09, Mixfortune wrote:
Isn't Galactus very very large? Not sure about "that other guy".

Dont make me call Meira >_<

Mixfortune
May 21, 2004, 10:22 PM
I'm not much into these things so it's not like I'm claiming I'm right or that I'm pretending to know something that I don't.

Outrider
May 22, 2004, 01:37 AM
On 2004-05-21 19:57, Pixel_Toa wrote:
I have no idea who Unicron

I'm actually crying right now.

EDIT: Brad, I think you should get Meira here as soon as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-05-21 23:37 ]</font>

Logical2u
May 22, 2004, 10:05 AM
I think Zaneatron would have something obscene or angry to say to this thread.

Or just spam one name over and over.

*CoughTHETRANSFORMERSONEcough* Ah man, my cold's back.

Zaneatron
May 22, 2004, 12:10 PM
To those of you who dont know who Unicron is, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

and to brad, ive seen the movie, and its one of the best ove seen. the Touch is possibly the best bit about the movie, so cool....

buy anyway, no galactus wouldnt eat unicron alive, albeit he is big, Unicron is a transformer that feeds on planets, he is actually much larger on the planets he eats as well aproximately 6-8 times larger.

so no, Unicron>j00 (especially Galactus) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Fucking finally, it took me ages to find this pic:
http://www.robotmonstertoys.com/Fansites/images/TM20109a26.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-05-22 10:13 ]</font>

odie2088
May 22, 2004, 11:39 PM
the big purple guy eats planets too doesnt he? he had the silver surfer scout planets for him to eat in exchange for his own planet, and he found earth and fought the fantastic four, then mutinied, etc etc, then was trapped on earth, blah blah blah, and unicron doesnt even have a hat. he has horns. does that make him horny? thats my friend's theory anyways...

HUnewearl_Meira
May 23, 2004, 03:12 AM
Galactus and Unicron do basically the same thing...

They eat worlds.

It's also worth pointing out that Unicron had considerable creative abilities. In the movie, he took a number of dieing Decepticons, Megatron included, and re-created them as massively more powerful Decepticons. Megatron became Galvatron, Thundercracker (I believe it was Thundercracker) became Cyclonus, and the Insecticons became the Swoops.

Just the same, Galactus took an existing being, and turned him into the Silver Surfer, among a few others.

They're really very similar, actually. Oddly similar, in fact.

Here's the big, significant difference though--

Galactus can be killed. He bleeds when hurt.

Unicron, on the other hand, cannot.

While it is true that Unicron's body was destroyed in the movie, and furthermore, that he was generally defeated by the Autobots, the fact remains that he never died. His head continues to function, and if he could give himself a physical connection to Cybertron, he could re-construct it into a new body for himself, as was demonstrated in the 3rd season of The Transformers. His creative powers, furthermore, remain even after his defeat in the movie, as he did indeed, give Starscream's ghost a new body.

So yes, Unicron has a very slight edge.

Plus it's worth noting that Unicron is decidedly larger than Galactus-- In "planet mode" he's several times the size of a planet. In Robot mode, he's considerably larger. So large, in fact, that his head alone, is large enough to be considered an especially large moon.

Kuea
May 23, 2004, 03:31 AM
they both scare me

Zaneatron
May 23, 2004, 05:35 AM
The funny thing about Unicron is that he was built by a 3 ft tall person (was it a Quintesson? ive seen a pic of him, or the episode where we see the maker of unicron, and hes very small....but i cant remember if he was a Quint or not :S)

PhotonDrop
May 23, 2004, 08:13 AM
Either way us FKLers dont have a problem to worry about, right?

Monomate
May 23, 2004, 09:32 AM
i voted for the one with the more retarded hat...Galactus

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monomate on 2004-05-23 07:33 ]</font>

Outrider
May 23, 2004, 05:03 PM
Galactus doesn't actually eat the planet though, right? Doesn't he just suck it dry of all nutrients or resources or whatever?

Unicron just devours planets when he comes across them.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 23, 2004, 07:36 PM
On 2004-05-23 03:35, Zaneatron wrote:
The funny thing about Unicron is that he was built by a 3 ft tall person (was it a Quintesson? ive seen a pic of him, or the episode where we see the maker of unicron, and hes very small....but i cant remember if he was a Quint or not :S)

He was this super-genius space midget guy.

He was so intelligent that simple concepts illuded him.

He actually made another creation that was, in theory, more powerful than Unicron. It was an energy-based being, and it fed on the energy of entire planets, as opposed to the matter.

This thing, like Unicron, went out of control, and the space midget had difficulty figuring out how the heck he was going to stop it, using his panel of controls for the thing. He was too intelligent to figure out the obvious answer that Grimlock saw immediately-- Turn the lever to the "Reverse" position.

Once the thing had been forced to more or less puke all the energy it'd absorbed back to whereever the energy had happened to come from, Grimlock destroyed the space-midget's lab, to make sure that he never built anything like it again.

Sord
May 23, 2004, 07:42 PM
On 2004-05-23 17:36, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

He actually made another creation that was, in theory, more powerful than Unicron. It was an energy-based being, and it fed on the energy of entire planets, as opposed to the matter.

This thing, like Unicron, went out of control, and the space midget had difficulty figuring out how the heck he was going to stop it, using his panel of controls for the thing. He was too intelligent to figure out the obvious answer that Grimlock saw immediately-- Turn the lever to the "Reverse" position.

Once the thing had been forced to more or less puke all the energy it'd absorbed back to whereever the energy had happened to come from, Grimlock destroyed the space-midget's lab, to make sure that he never built anything like it again.

nothing like someone who actually lived through the times for information huh, Meira? (so am I making you feel old now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

Bradicus
May 23, 2004, 09:55 PM
On 2004-05-23 17:36, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Me Grimlock say: Dinobots are geniuses!

geewj
May 23, 2004, 10:14 PM
My dad could beat up your dinobots.

PhotonDrop
May 23, 2004, 10:30 PM
I like how Meira calls Unicrons creator 'The Space Midget'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif