PDA

View Full Version : XB-Quest: PSO needs to change on Xbox Live for the better

rob007gamer
May 22, 2004, 06:27 PM
Recently, I have taken the intiative to embark on a journey of my own. I Only hope for others to read this constructive thread and offer positive feedback which will help make this quest a success. Any good info or advice would be appreciated in order to help build this great community back to a state of gaming heaven.

Thank you in advance for all your input, after hearing about all the problems with this game, (concerning online cheating and the fact that nothing been done to keep this game updated routinely like a real mmorph should be), I gave Microsoft a call to complain about this issue and even offered a better way for Sega and Microsoft to make Xbox Live better.

After I made it known the monthly fee was wrong if no real content was being added, I came up with a great idea. How's about make this game free to play online and charge people ONLY when a new download content comes around. In other words have people pay only for the updates rather than a monthly fee for something which seems to offer nothing more.

I also made the point that because this game requires people to have Xbox Live to begin with, many of those people are missing out this ends up leaving this game to not have better sales than it could of. Also when people do have Xbox Live, a monthly fee is a deterrent which again leaves this game to suffer in sales.

Why not make this game free for Xbox Live members? Everyone would get to enjoy this game (cheaters:( or not:) )and when Sega would come up with more maps or goodies then they could offer DLC for a certain fee. Even if the DLC costs 10-20$ but, was capable of extending the game another six months-wouldn't that be worth it? Instead of paying a monthly fee for something which isn't offering anything.

Plus Xbox Live would have another free game which many who were looking for an RPG can play with all together online. Plus when many get hooked (an they will) you and everyone would have the choice to pay for more updates and items.

How many RPG's online games exist on Xbox live? How many are gonna come out within the next year? I'll tell you not enough, if any online. All the while PS2's Final Fantasy is sucking away this community, when the Xbox community is far stronger.

I know that there are other RPG's which are coming out in the next few months but, most of them are NOT ONLINE. One game which is noted to be good is True Fantasy but this is not for a while. In the mean time many are abandoning this game because of it's fees WHICH are not keeping up it's end of the bargain with routine updates and a serious lack of policing when it comes to hackers and cheaters.

Look at games like Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, this game had serious flaws and glitches in which many were taking advantage of and hurting this games reputation. With in a month and a half these glitches where extinguished and eradicated. Also, guess what- this game is free to play and will have even more DLC to come in the next few weeks. The company UBI Soft obviously cares about what people think about it's games and did something to fix the online play, why can't Sega allow for the same thing?

So I am hoping someone out there can hear my idea and adopt it. Make Phantasy Star free and then offer DLC for a fee rather than a monthly charge which has not proven worthy at all.

If any of you have a subscription to Electronic Gaming Monthly, read next month's issue #180. My good friend , the head editor- Dan Shoe , will be putting my article about this idea in the hopes others will speak up and voice thier feelings about this.

I have even sent numerous e-mails to Microsoft and called 1-800-4-my-xbox a few times. All of which I recieved positive responses for and also was really easy to do.

Micosoft's address is: (for anyone willing to take the time and write about these issues and ideas)

Department: Xbox
1 Microsoft Way.
Redmond, WA.

Phone: 1-800-4-MY-Xbox

I also called Sega and spoke with the marketing and sales department and again recieved positive feedback.

Sega's Address:

Sega of America
650 Townsend St.
San Francisco, CA 94103

Phone: 415-701-6000

This thread is intended to help create a larger community for this awesome game. I think many would agree that getting rid of the fees and charging for new content would draw many gamers in. Those who left b/c of fee's, cheating, or the lack of content would most likely come back. Plus, this idea would reflect on PSO3 and boost sales for Sega in all aspects of gaming.

PSO for the xbox is the only RPG which is online and because of this many gamers would like to play it. Rather than buy a PS2 and buying the 100$ hard-drive with Final Fanatsy 11, I'm sure many would just like to keep one gaming console. Also keep in mind this is the only Xbox Live game which charges a monthly fee, rather than just charging for the DLC (Down Load content). Obviously, Xbox Live has a greater community- can you imagine how many people would rent and then buy this game once they experienced for free? Also, when your buddy would pay for a DLC wouldn't you (for a reasonable fee) so you guys could kick some tale together?

I ask that if the moderators get to read this, please help. This idea will make the gaming community stronger and will please the average RPG fan-especially PSO fans.

Your voice matters, it really does.

Thankyou for your time,

And I hope for a positive response, all we need is a few people to speak up about how they feel about this idea/issue.

Peace.

rob007gamer:) :idea:

ABDUR101
May 22, 2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82941&forum=1&1

You only need one thread for this. Obviously.