PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this is normal...

SpikeOtacon
May 26, 2004, 04:22 PM
But recently my appitite has taken a vacation. I can't seem to eat food. If I take a few bites, I instantly feel full, and come to the point of throwing up whenever I try to eat a full meal. I also can't sleep. Last night I couldn't get to sleep until 12:00 and I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I take this sleep stuff called 'melatonin', but even that didn't do anything. I don't know if this is stress related or not, can anyone help me out on this one? Anyone else done this before?

Allos
May 26, 2004, 04:33 PM
It's happened to me once or twice when I was nervous about something or overly exhausted.

geewj
May 26, 2004, 04:41 PM
That happened to me the first month when I moved to Virginia by myself. I didn't feel nervous or depressed ro anything, so probably something subconscience.

Kuea
May 26, 2004, 05:57 PM
well has anything happened stress related?
If so then that could be it and if not has something happened/happening thats makeing you nervious?

SpikeOtacon
May 26, 2004, 06:02 PM
On 2004-05-26 15:57, Eclair wrote:
well has anything happened stress related?
If so then that could be it and if not has something happened/happening thats makeing you nervious?

Yes, lots. Not going to get into it here. I'm taking a guess when I say it's stress related, but that seems to be the common theme here.

Siris
May 26, 2004, 06:06 PM
Do you know how Melatonin works? You should also make sure you are using the correct lighting while you take it. Sick wise...that's strange. Hard to say as it could be any number of things. Does smelling the kinds of foods you enjoy make you hungry?

SpikeOtacon
May 26, 2004, 06:09 PM
No, I have no appatite whatsoever. I have to force down any food I do eat.

ABDUR101
May 26, 2004, 06:21 PM
Obviously it's sounding serious, and if it goes on for more than a week of constantly not really eating, nausious and all that, go to the doctor.

Don't fuck around with something like that.

SpikeOtacon
May 26, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah I hear ya Abdur. I just had trouble getting some hamburger helper eaten. >_< If this goes on until around saturday, i'm going to talk to my doctor.

Kuea
May 26, 2004, 07:10 PM
well it could be soe sorta stomache flu.

and if you were a girl I would ask if you are pregnant.

EJ
May 26, 2004, 07:25 PM
it might be that you are nervous or stress out about something subconsciencly (sp?)

Kupi
May 26, 2004, 08:55 PM
I've heard that sudden loss of appetite can be linked to clinical depression. Granted, one symptom does not a diagnosis make, but it's worth looking into, especially if the problem persists.

Armok
May 27, 2004, 05:48 AM
Best way I can think to regain your hunger and sleep patern is to do some hard excise. That should make you both tired and hungry and also take your midn of any stress. Fuck taking sleeping pills and such they do you no good.

navci
May 27, 2004, 01:44 PM
Stress causes more problem then you think.

In a way, I wish we have our problem exchanged so you can eat, and I can eat less. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SpikeOtacon
May 27, 2004, 02:12 PM
Things went by Ok today, not much happened though so I believe it is stress related.