PDA

View Full Version : Argh darn you Target Team members!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 27, 2004, 01:14 PM
I look into an HP digital Camera on Tuesday. At the Target store. It was out of stock.

Call in the next day, yesterday, Wednesday.
The gist/jist?(meh probably not even a real word) of the conversation:

"Hello"
-"Electronics please"
"Ok please hold."
-"Okay sure"
*holds for about 4 mins
"Okay please hold again."
-"Okay"
*finally connects*
"Electronics?"
-"Hi I wanted to know if you have a digital camera in stock?"
"Okay which?"
-"The HP Photosmart 435"(okay not great but cheap and will be my first digital camera)
"Uhm do you mean its on sale? $435?"
-"No, no. Its the model number and style. Hewlett Packard Photosmart 435."
"Okay let me check..."
*hears shelves open and close quickly.*same shelves seen by in person the day before.
"No we don't have it!"
-"Okay I'll try back on Friday?"was told the biggest shipments come on Friday and they don't even know what's in them.
"Okay." (like it mattered.)
*click.

Meh. Not a big deal but still learn about what the heck you are selling as a retailer in your department. I understand they don't put everyone in the positions they want but still try to learn what you are supposed to be doing and know about in the station you're working in.

Arislan
May 27, 2004, 01:29 PM
Having worked at a few retail stores, I can categorically state that Target has the worst training program of any retail chain I've ever been at. Their retail training consists of orientation, a partial shift with a Team Lead (used to be level 2s), and then, the wolves. That, and Target people have no real sections, other than a specilization in electronics (they work you over there more often), which means you often get people in the section working that have NO idea what they are doing, being used to helping people with hoes, rakes, and summer supplies.