PDA

View Full Version : When AIM worlds collide

DruidMettool
May 29, 2004, 08:32 PM
Proving once again that nothing can send you to Special Ed like a stupid AIM user, I had the "pleasure" of talking to one of them. Here is the log. The name has been removed for obvious reasons.

http://www.geocities.com/druidmettool/horridAIMlog.txt

Folks, this is why the Internet is bad. This is why the terrorists have already won. When people actually find this kind of typing acceptable then we are walking corpses and we just don't know it. Humanity is dead, long live humanity.

Kuea
May 29, 2004, 09:12 PM
Okay that is just......

Well at least it wasn't any worse
that person could have been a complete jack ass and stuff.

anwserman
May 29, 2004, 09:33 PM
Get over it?

Its hard to equate carefre PM'ing with the end of humanity. Yeah, some people think it is easier to type in decent language, while some think its easier to put grammar aside.

Now, I thought it was about harassment and pro-terrorist... NOT the lack of grammar and caps.

Zzzzzz
May 29, 2004, 09:33 PM
lol tat was me ws i funy??? u no, funy bcause ur 50 & lying about ur age
*was

j/k
But it seems really stupid. Is this really how they talked on AIM?

Kuea
May 29, 2004, 09:40 PM
On 2004-05-29 19:33, anwserman wrote:
Get over it?

Its hard to equate carefre PM'ing with the end of humanity. Yeah, some people think it is easier to type in decent language, while some think its easier to put grammar aside.

Now, I thought it was about harassment and pro-terrorist... NOT the lack of grammar and caps.

when you put it that way I guess that what it does sound like

I thought more of "I wanna slice open your guts you FA***T"

you know just being rude and offensive

KodiaX987
May 29, 2004, 10:16 PM
Its hard to equate carefre PM'ing with the end of humanity.

Believe me, it's easy. Very easy.

I am 100% sure the end of the world will be triggered by a single moron.

teflon
May 30, 2004, 01:24 AM
The only thing this log lacks is you Goatseing her.

DruidMettool
May 30, 2004, 07:57 PM
Well, the girl IMed me again today under a different screenname (which has been removed)... and at this point I was pissed off.

http://www.geocities.com/druidmettool/AIMpart2.txt

And she used the exact font as her other SN. So she is either incredibly stupid or has the memory of a walnut.

Ness
May 30, 2004, 08:53 PM
That's pretty bad, but I've seen alot worse. Also, I agree with Answerman when he says that horrible grammar is not the end of the world. Sure it's annoying, but our cities will still be there when it's over.

KodiaX987
May 30, 2004, 09:16 PM
http://www.bash.org/?14207

I rest my case.

BlackRose
May 30, 2004, 09:23 PM
People put here to make the rest of us look good.

MrLostman
Jun 1, 2004, 01:10 PM
Right.... I think Im gonna add this person. I am the single most annoying AIM user ever. (That I know of).

Armok
Jun 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
I really hate ppl on aim they are all morons. Much like those ppl who text ppl all the time. In fact I may as well just come out an' say i hate all young teenage girls who will annoy anyone on there friends list who is on aim or messager or whatever.

Get lives! I dont know you or wanna know about your stupud BF problems or whether I sound sexy on a bleeding computer chatting service. Go out and do something constructive and stop bleeding messaging me.

Sord
Jun 1, 2004, 04:02 PM
... *reads both logs*... dude, if you think that's bad, your the idiot :/

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 1, 2004, 04:08 PM
Its hard to equate carefre PM'ing with the end of humanity.

You'd think as such, but then consider that the people who find it acceptable to type in such a manner will someday be building your home, designing your home, running your business, teaching your children to read and write, running your local government, running your State Government, and even so far as running your National Government.

The simple fact that these consider it to be acceptable to type with stupidly obvious bad spelling and grammar indicates that they are impatient and lazy.

Do you want your home built by someone who is impatient and lazy? Do you want your buildings designed by someone who is impatient and lazy? Do you want your business to be run by someone who is impatient and lazy? Does impatience and laziness work out to be a good combination of talents for your children's teachers? Are impatience and laziness qualities that you want for your lawmakers and leaders in the world?

I should think not. That is why this sort of practice needs to stop. It's not the ultimate cause of our civilization going steadily downhill, but it's definitely a symptom, as well as a contributing factor.

Quite frankly, we don't need e-mails going out from the servers at Whitehouse.gov that read, "helo prim minstr how r u 2-day? im gud"