PDA

View Full Version : Not even a month, and ALREADY?!

Rainbowlemon
May 30, 2004, 05:25 AM
Ok, it goes something like this.

I play PSOBB. I make a HUcaseal, build her up, make a cool Savitri and find some alright items.

So I want a HUnewearl. I find someone to transfer items with, and im kicking ass.

Then, I want weapons back. Not being able to find anyone trustworthy, and being a total moron, I left them in a discrete corner of P2 in a quiet game whilst I change character...

...and come back to find some bastard 13 year old has nabbed my items and refuses to give them back. A 13 year old, might I add, who completely fits the description of "total and utter n00b hax0r", and doesn't see the point in PSO, "because it takes too long, and is stupid". So I lower myself, and beg for my items back...Finally, after almost half an hour of playing with him, he decides I can have everything but my musashis and my varista back if I defeat the dragon with him. Being level 44, I pick up the nearest gun and procees to obliterate everything as fast as possible, knowing that pretty soon my dad could switch off the internet downstairs and all would be lost.

So, we battle it out with El Drago, and go back to the hospital, where he drops my beloved Savitri and a few of my other items, but insisting that he keeps the Musashi and the Varista, and then has the cheek to ask for my guild card. WHAT??!!! Sod off you insolent little bastard!!! I don't think so!! What's worse, whilst I was pleading for my items back, he was actively using them! I took some screenies to show the sheer annoyance I was going through at the time...

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/19394/Bastard1.jpg

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/19394/Bastard2.jpg

What a lovely impression this has made on me of the PSO community! There's me thinking, 'Ah, it'll be fine, I'll be away a minute max, nothing will happen' and the little runt had taken my things!! What the hell happened to pity and guilt? Have these emotions vanished from these mindless drones that our pitiful society is churning out?

Ah, I honestly just don't get it, how someone could be so heartless, with him knowing full well how long I had spent on those items. What's worse is that I'm just as annoyed with myself for doing such a moronic thing!

Well, all I can say is, at least I got my mag back, and at least I know I won't be playing PSOBB properly unless it comes out in English.

MAN I wanted to murder that little brat...

Also, I'd like to say thanks to Starz for backing me up and helping me get most of my things back, that was awfully cool. I'm not sure who the user is, or even if he/she is on PSOW, but that was very nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Armok
May 30, 2004, 08:05 AM
You fool next time you all pipe down to the surface then pipe back saying you need to get some XXXX from the bank. Go to the principle office and drop your stuff there. No one ever checks in there ever.

As fool robbing little 13 year olds. I hate them too but your to blame if you leave something on the floor and espect it not be nicked by a little kiddie.

Ness
May 30, 2004, 08:21 AM
I have to agree. If you leave something on the floor in an open game, you're pretty much asking for someone to jack your stuff. Doesn't PSOBB have offline multiplayer? If so, why didn't you transfer that way?

Rainbowlemon
May 30, 2004, 08:45 AM
On 2004-05-30 06:21, Ness wrote:
I have to agree. If you leave something on the floor in an open game, you're pretty much asking for someone to jack your stuff. Doesn't PSOBB have offline multiplayer? If so, why didn't you transfer that way?

My brother suggested that also. But how? You can't have offline multiplayer, and there's no way of dropping items in a game and leaving it, because the game closes. I know it was extremely stupid, I was kicking myself all night, but I guess that's what you get for thinking you can get away with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

lain2k3
May 30, 2004, 09:04 AM
Or leave it in an obscure nook of the forest, that would work too.

Ness
May 30, 2004, 09:12 AM
On 2004-05-30 06:45, Antimony wrote:

My brother suggested that also. But how? You can't have offline multiplayer, and there's no way of dropping items in a game and leaving it, because the game closes. I know it was extremely stupid, I was kicking myself all night, but I guess that's what you get for thinking you can get away with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I used to item transfer all the time on DC. What you do is you get a friend that you really trust (two in case one disconnects by accident) and create a locked game. That wasy no one you don't want to enter will enter.

Also, it doesn't have offline multiplayer? Not even on the LAN?

Armok
May 30, 2004, 09:22 AM
Yer thats what i used to do on dc Ness. However it used to take time and was boring waiting for ppl to swop stuff round.

DruidMettool
May 30, 2004, 10:52 AM
I have to say,that was a pretty bad move on your part.... Transfering online in an open game.

There will be spiteful, ignorant littler fuckers like that no matter where you go.... there is no avoiding it.

I say we gather all the people like that up and shoot them out of a giant cannon into a brick wall. If it were that simple, it would be safe to use the internet again.

PJ
May 30, 2004, 01:04 PM
What really suprises me is how this guy found out how to sign up... it took me a bit of figuring out, but I found it out (Also did it for Eihwaz) but we haven't even started downloading the game yet.

For some reason, I can see how you can get frustrated with someone using your mag in front of you. He probably doesn't even know how to raise a mag -_-;;;

Gah, I'll need to trust people if I'm going to get a Rati >.>;;;

Ness
May 30, 2004, 01:41 PM
On 2004-05-30 07:22, Armok wrote:
Yer thats what i used to do on dc Ness. However it used to take time and was boring waiting for ppl to swop stuff round.

You could always goto the forest and play. That's what I did.

Armok
May 30, 2004, 03:31 PM
Could do but the game can be weird when ppl are leaving/entering and ppl don't like me moving round to much in case of a dc.

Mystil
Jun 1, 2004, 08:24 AM
Heh, this will happen...

On DC after I obtained my last rare, Sinow Beats Blade(which made me oh so famous), I never transferred again. Seeing as about that time I also had no one left to trust to help me transfer. (Trusting friends had quit).

RFB
Jun 1, 2004, 08:32 AM
I´ve already seen that alfarjamie idiot around the lobby many times, and I can say, that person is VERY stupid, and no, has no feelings at all. Guess that's one of the secondary effects of not having a brain at all.

DarthFomar
Jun 2, 2004, 11:20 PM
Man that sucks....find a better hiding place or just don't leave them sitting around.

You should have reported him...don't they have those guard people there or whatever?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Shimarisu
Jun 3, 2004, 06:03 AM
Let me get this straight.

I sent Simon on a trip to Akihabara to buy me Blue Burst (which he could not find) when all the time I could just dl it?

Somebody point me to the dl link. I'm feeling lazy.

-Shimarisu

Mixfortune
Jun 3, 2004, 06:28 AM
On 2004-06-03 04:03, Shimarisu wrote:
Let me get this straight.

I sent Simon on a trip to Akihabara to buy me Blue Burst (which he could not find) when all the time I could just dl it?

Somebody point me to the dl link. I'm feeling lazy.

-Shimarisu

Arislan's faq has the link to the official BB download, I believe.
http://members.cox.net/genleo/faq.htm

And the official download itself...
www.bitway.ne.jp/psobb/setup.exe