PDA

View Full Version : People always trying to FKL threads.

Madzozs
Jun 1, 2004, 10:18 AM
"A Forum where we sit and discuss nothing in particular."

That is what it says for the Off Topic forum on the Index. This is the off topic forum. I'm not trying to start any shit, but seriously, whenever someone posts a thread that people think is dumb, they always say "Send this to FKL" or "This doesn't belong here." It does belong here, because it is about nothing in particular.

My example is the "Small world" thread. There is like 11-13 replies to that thread talking about how it should be sent to FKL. Had those people not bothered to take the time to reply to it, it'd no longer be on the top of the forum list.

If you don't see it as being useful, DON'T FUCKING REPLY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Madzozs on 2004-06-01 08:18 ]</font>

geewj
Jun 1, 2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I've asked people not to spam threads with "This belongs in FKL" because sometimes it is a thread that I see no problem with being in off-topic. But in their defense most of the time it really does belong in FKL. They are either letting the thread creator know where to post next time, calling a mods attention to it, or making sure that they still have basic observation and response skills.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2004-06-01 08:34 ]</font>

Armok
Jun 1, 2004, 10:30 AM
That is annoying when you get into a rant or topic your interested in and someone leads it off into a spam war about some shit.

Ness
Jun 1, 2004, 10:37 AM
I have to agree about the It's a small world topic, but it is important that people know where to post things. For example, I've seen alot of dumb stuff put in off topic and the creator should be informed about where topics like that really go. Off topic is about serious discussions, fresh Kills is about non serious discussions.

Madzozs
Jun 1, 2004, 01:07 PM
But who is to dictate what is serious? To one person, a serious discussion could be completely ascinine to another.

Mixfortune
Jun 1, 2004, 01:31 PM
Look at the first post of the It's a Small World thread. That is spam. There is no serious discussion or topic to begin with.

Most other "serious discussions" that others say should be moved to FKL are spam as well. Yes, maybe someone else could have picked up the ball and made a serious discussion out of it, but that is initially the job of the topic creator. To provide a basis of discussion. That thread in particular accomplished nothing, or rather, did not attempt to accomplish anything.

Uncle_bob
Jun 1, 2004, 01:34 PM
On 2004-06-01 11:07, Madzozs wrote:
But who is to dictate what is serious? To one person, a serious discussion could be completely ascinine to another.

In that case, let's go make topics in Offtopic talking about how our ass hairs itch and how cool it would be if turquiouse bunnies were real. Some of us may take that seriously.

Ness
Jun 1, 2004, 01:38 PM

I think it's pretty obvious what isn't considered a "serious thread." The "It's a Small World After All" thread obvously wasn't serious. However, the thread did turn into an Anti-MTV thread, which could have become serious, but it was quickly reduced to spam again.

When I mean serious threads, I'm talking aobut threads that made with the intention of getting serious responses. For example, the "Whats your favorite _____" threads are seriosu threads because the creator really wants to know what your favorite _____ is.

I doubt that what's-his-name really wanted our opinions on that song being placed on MTV, thus it wasn't a serious thread.

navci
Jun 1, 2004, 02:01 PM
Sometimes the thread was perfectly okay, then people said oh this belongs to FKL and all the FKL people start to spam in it, and eventually it does become spam and head off to FKL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shattered_weasel
Jun 1, 2004, 02:05 PM
*rabble rabble*

I had many of my topics thrown into FKL but I take it as an honor. O ya

This Belongs on fresh kills.

Mystil
Jun 1, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-06-01 08:30, Armok wrote:
That is annoying when you get into a rant or topic your interested in and someone leads it off into a spam war about some shit.

Ahahahahaha!

Welcome to PSOW. ~_^

Ness
Jun 1, 2004, 04:12 PM
I think that once somone lets the creator know that a certain topic should be in FKL, the topic should be left alone. I know some people, and I'm probably guilty of this myself, will spamm up a topic that belongs in FKL to insure its relocation.

geewj
Jun 1, 2004, 04:33 PM
I would prefer it if somebody thought a topic belonged in FKL, rather than posting in the thread they did a mod alert on it so we could see where it belongs. Because in answer to Madzozs's question...

the mods do.

Ness
Jun 1, 2004, 05:14 PM
I PMed Lolita about the matter as well as stating my opinion about where the thread should go.

KodiaX987
Jun 1, 2004, 07:38 PM
Why not just get rid of FKL and stop the problem at the root? It's a waste of bandwidth anyways...

BlackRose
Jun 1, 2004, 10:51 PM
On 2004-06-01 17:38, KodiaX987 wrote:
Why not just get rid of FKL and stop the problem at the root? It's a waste of bandwidth anyways...

That'd be like removing the trash can because it takes up too much space on the floor... Where you gonna put your banana peel? On the floor.

The posts from Fresh Kills would still get made, but they'd be in the other forums. They'd get cleaned up there, but it'd just be more work for the mods.

It might be a good idea to not have FKL archive every post ever made in it though... o_O

geewj
Jun 1, 2004, 10:59 PM
On 2004-06-01 20:51, BlackRose wrote:
It might be a good idea to not have FKL archive every post ever made in it though... o_O

eRUPT's working on it, once he gets some free time.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2004, 01:46 AM
No way of saving the "Person Above Me Thread", eh?

That is... without actually saving it.

Armok
Jun 2, 2004, 06:15 AM
FKL cant be got rid of alot of members spend most of their time in there chatting rubbish. Its a total new form of forum life which although sad and useless is life non the less.

Ness
Jun 2, 2004, 10:23 AM
"A city can never be truely clean without a sewer."

That's why we need FKL.