PDA

View Full Version : Boredom makes you do strange things

Uncle_bob
Apr 9, 2002, 09:44 PM
Yup, i do strange things when i get bored. This is a PSO story i started a while back but i just never finished it. It also doesn't have a title http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

It's about an android (Uncle Bob) trying to make it back to his home planet alive, a Fomarl (Chaos) that escapes from a lab where illegal experiments are performed, a Humar (Bob) trying to find his pet frog, and a Hucast (Beta) that is trying to capture the Fomarl

"I had better get paid for doing this!" an android thought to himself as he ran carrying a small black box in one hand and a shotgun in the other. "1 minute till the spacestation self destructs." said a computer aboard the spacestation. "30 seconds till the spacestation self destructs." was heard as the android entered a small spacecraft. the spacecraft flew out of the spacestation as the final countdown began. "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..." The android temporarily shutdown soon after assuming he would make it home. However, debris hit the spacecraft changing its trajectory to the worst planet it could ever go to...Ragol.

264 years later...

People of Pioneer1 are gathering around the Central Dome as P2 enters Ragol's orbit. A transparent outline appeared behind the central dome...an explosion, all communications with P1 ended at the same time. "Sir!" a soldier shouted at a Commander
as they saluted eachother. "Sir, We have a serious problem, communication with Pioneer..." "Yes, i know..." "Sir, we have another problem...Project Chaos escaped from cell 5 soon after the explosion" WHAT?!" The Commander shouted "I thought cell 5 had the most protection! How did she escape?" "We don't know, Sir." "But she appears to be heading to the Ragol teleporter." "Stop her at all costs! We can't let the public know about this!"

The small spacecraft crashed in the forest of Ragol after being in space for 264 years.
"Where am I?" "A forest? What the hell? This isn't Xaron!" The Racast exited the small craft and looked around only too see small crates and gates. "Hello? Anyone here?" he said as he walked around. He heard a noise in some nearby shrubs. "Who's there?" A pack of gulgus jumped out and surrounded him. The Racast quickly pulled out his shotgunj and nailed one of the gulgus in the head. "Help! Anyone here?!" he shouted as he shot 2 others and ran to a clearing in the forest. "Hey you! What the hell is going on?" he shouted at Chaos. "Hey, what are you doing?" he asked as he aimed his shotgun at her as the area around her turned dark purple
"What the hell is that?!" he thought to himself as he dodged the megid ball as it killed the plants behind him. "Ok, don't kill me, i just want to know what the hell is going on!" But she was already gone when he looked up. He was a lost hunter in the worst place in the universe at the worst time.

wee...now didn't that suck? have a nice day untill part 2 :|

Uncle_bob
Apr 15, 2002, 04:16 PM
Guess what children? I got bored again! :|
Is anyone even reading this?

Part 2

Meanwhile, on Pioneer 2, Bob the humar had just woken up. "Ahh...Good morning blue frog!" the frog croaked in responce to him
"Blue frog, green frog, yellow frog...Yellow frog?!" He looked around but didn't see the yellow frog. "Yellow!!! Where are you??" While looking for the frog Bob heard something in the background about Ragol and Pioneer 1 on a nearby screen. "...And as many of you know, there was a catastrophic explosion on Ragol this morning as Pioneer 2 neared Ragol. No other transmissions have come from Pioneer 1 since. We will keep you updated on this later in the day..." Bob stared at the screen in shock. "A..aa..Ann!! Come look at this!" He said to his sister as she came running in. "Wha..What happened?!" she nervously said. "I don't know...I'm going to find out though" he replied as he left.

Back on Ragol, Uncle Bob was walking around in the forest wondering who that strange woman was as he was sorting through some items in a crate. He came across a telepipe capsule, but he didn't know what it was. He threw it behind him thinking it was useless causing it to open. He turned around to see the telepipe. Carefully he walked toward it and entered it thus sending him to the Hunter's block on Pioneer 2. "Hey you! We haven't authorised anyone to go to Ragol!" a guard shouted at him. "What? You mean that planet? I landed there about an hour ago. What the hell happened there? Some woman attacked me then she dissapeared..." he told the guard. "Did she have...red hair and dressed in black?" "Yea, who was that?" the guard didn't answer him "Sir, come with me please, we need to ask you some questions.." "Sure" He replied.

"Sir, i would like you to meet the Principal. He is the commander of Pioneer 2."
"Uhh..yea, how are you doing? I am Uncle Bob, an intergalactic bounty hunter.. Look, I uh..landed on that 'Ragol' planet and was attacked by a bunch of animals and some woman. I also need to get back to planet Xaron..." Uncle Bob said as he introduced himself to the Principal. "You didn't see anyone else on Ragol when you were there?" "No." "Look, I need to get back to Xaron and I don't have time for this crap."

"Xaron? Ok, I'll make you a deal, you're said you're a bounty hunter, right?" "Yea." "Ok then, if you go back to Ragol and find out what happened there we'll send for someone to take you back to Xaron as well as a reward.." "How much?" "More than you will need." "Ok, it's a deal then!"
"Here is 40,000 meseta, this should be enough for you to buy some equipment." Uncle Bob took it and left. "Sir, where is Xaron?" a guard asked the Pricipal. "How should I know? The poor fool won't make it back alive anyway, so it doesn't matter."

Back on Ragol, Chaos was wandering around the forest and noticed something moving in some nearby shrubs. "Who's there?" She moved closer. "Hello?" She said as she got closer. Finally she cleared an opening in the shrubs to see a small, white fuzzy bird. "Hello there." she said to the baby el rappy as she picked it up. At first the bird resisted being picked up but stopped after realizing Chaos wouldn't harm it. "Shouldn't you be in a nest?" she said to the bird but it only stared at her and chirped. "I guess not! I'm keeping you." she said to the el rappy as she put it in a bag.

Bleh, that's all I can do today http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Feedback? Good, bad? Neither? Spam?

BWS-1
Apr 16, 2002, 01:41 AM
Cool, I like it a lot! It's actually the first fic I read that starts much before PSO and where the action starts before AND right after the Pioneer event. Keep writing ... I'll be reading http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-04-15 23:45 ]</font>

War_Child
Apr 16, 2002, 05:47 AM
Nice!

Keep writing, this is good!

Uncle_bob
Apr 16, 2002, 04:06 PM
Heh...Cool then, but it is gonna be long.

"Stupid mission, if i didn't have to go get that damn black box i wouldn't even be here!" Uncle Bob thought to himself as he made his way to the teleporter to Ragol. "Hey you! Stop! You don't have access to this teleporter." one of the soldiers guarding the teleporter shouted. Uncle Bob turned to him, picked the soldier up by his neck and said, "Look! I haven't been having a nice day. I've been attacked by wolves, shouted at, found out I've been traveling through space for 300 years, and who knows what else is going to happen to me today! Now if you don't want your neck snapped you'll shut up! OK?!" Uncle Bob then released his grip on the soldier and entered the teleporter.

Back in a lab on Pioneer 2 a high-ranking soldier was briefing a tall Hucast on his mission. "...Now Beta, no matter what anyone asks you or tells you, you are not to tell ANYONE what your mission is or who you are! You understand that?" "Yes Sir." "Good! Then get out of here and bring Chaos back, dead or alive...kill anyone who gets in your way." Beta then quickly left the lab.

Back on Ragol, Chaos had already entered the Caves. She walked through the first door into the middle of the room, not hearing the Ob Lily behind her. "Well, it looks like no one from Pioneer 1 is still alive except for Rico. But maybe she still isn't even alive.." she thought to herself. The el rappy she had found earlier started to chirp nervously as the Ob Lily began forming it's Megid. "What's wrong?" she said as she turned around just as the Ob Lily spit the megid. She didn't have enough time to move before it hit her. Luckily for her, it didn't work this time. She began shooting at the plant furiously. By this time a pack of Vulmers had already been charging at her from behind. The Ob Lily charged up another ball of megid, but this time she had time to dodge it and killed the plant as it spit the megid ball. As it went behind her, it killed all of the Vulmers but one. She ran toward one of the pools of lava waiting for the Vulmer to get close enough. As it started to swing at her she jumped to the side and shot at it until it lost it's ballance and fell off the edge into the lava. Staring at the Vulmer as it slowly sunk down she was knocked down by a blue beam.

Bleh, that's all i can think of right now, but I'll add some more later.

Uncle_bob
Apr 21, 2002, 05:02 PM
Bleh, almost forgot about this.

"They could have just sent me home! But NOOO...they had to send me back down here with a bunch of disgruntled, stoned turtles and fruity tucans on crack! This is just great.." Uncle Bob said to himself while trying to salvage some weapons from the spacecraft he landed in. "I knew I shouldn't have gone up there to get this damned box! The last 300 years have been realy bad." he said as he stared at the box. "If I could read that writing on the side of the thing I might be able to figure out what it does." In the distance he heard a voice saying "Help! Somone help!" He ran to the area where he thought the voice was coming from. He looked around and saw a humar running from a pack of barbles. "RUUNNN!!" the humar shouted to Uncle Bob. They both ran for a nearby gate. As they ran through, Uncle Bob pressed the lock switch on the gate. "Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?" Uncle Bob asked the humar "Me? Some people call me...Bob" "Ok, Bob, why are you here?" "Well ermm..I just wanted to know what happened here and.." "And what?" "And, I need to find my yellow froggy!" "...a Frog? You nearly got yourself killed just because of a damn frog?!" "Well...yea. And what would your name be, fuzzy? And why are YOU here?" "My name is Uncle Bob, you can just call me Uncle B. I'm here because uhh.."
"Because?" "It's a long story, kid. I'm still not even sure what happened." "Well, uhh are you from Pioneer2?" "No." "Pioneer 1 then?" "No.." "Umm..how did you get here then if you aren't from either ship??" "I told you, it's a long story" "Yea, but I got time" "You're persistent...About 300 something years ago, I was on a mission for one of my 'clients' and everything went well untill the spacestation I was in started to self destruct. So, i got to my craft and got out of there before the explosion. I guess something hit me sometime after i shutdown and caused me to end up going here instead of home. After I got here, I managed to get to that Pioneer 2 ship and some soldier brought me to that principal guy. He said that if I found out what happened here, he would arrange for someone to come take me back home." "Hmm..well it makes sense now."

"Oww..what was that?" Chaos thought as she was laying on the ground. She got up and turned around to see Nano Dragon roaring and hissing at her. "You need to play nice!" she said to it as if it could understand what she was saying. It roared again and began charging up another shot. "Not this time!" Chaos began shooting at the Nano Dragon's head before it could shoot. After it had died, she walked up to it and kicked it in the head and walked away."

Don't worry those of you that are reading this, it will get much better...

Uncle_bob
Apr 29, 2002, 04:19 PM
"Great, rain..." Bob thought to himself as it started raining. "Rain?? You think that's bad? We're trying to keep from being smacked to death by stoned turtles and you're worried about rain?!" "...uhh..Yea." "Well, atleast we haven't been attacked for a while. Hey, who's that over there?" "I don't know. Maybe he is from Pioneer 1." Uncle Bob walked closer to Beta. "Hey, who are you?" he asked. He said nothing and began shooting at Uncle Bob. "Bob! Get out of here!" he shouted at him as he began shooting back at him with his shotgun. Finally Beta stoped shooting and began to spark and fell over. "Crazy addict.." Uncle Bob said to himself as he started pressing some buttons on a small computer he was holding. the area around him flashed bright and quickly dissapeared. He then walked off to search for Bob.

labratpat
May 2, 2002, 01:31 PM
When I get bored, I just think about wierd stuff like, "Do bugs sweat?" and "Why don't monkeys grow beards?" So at least your boredom is interesting and productive, unlike mine...

Uncle_bob
May 20, 2002, 05:01 PM
I've been hiding like a toasty bastard for a while, and I almost forgot about this thing :|

"Bob? Can you hear me? Ohhh....a transporter, that's just toasty." Uncle Bob entered the transporter. "I guess I was wrong about that transporter being toasty. I'm at a freaking polar icecap!" As he was standing there, he heard a crash behind him "What the hell?" He turned around to see the giant Sil Dragon as it was about to breath ice on him. "Oh yea! I was wrong about this being toasty!" he began to run and arm a rifle as the ice started going toward him. He jumped to his left just as the ice was about to hit him. "You scaly hobo!" he shouted as he began firing at the Sil Dragon; this only made it angrier. It appeared to begin flying away. "Yea! You'd better get out of here you crack monkey!" Thinking everything was safe, Uncle Bob turned around and began walking away. "Something is wrong here.." he though to himself. He then turned around to see the dragon diving at him. "Isn't that special?!" he thought as he fell to the ground as the dragon passed over him. As the dragon started preparing for another pass, he started placing small landmines on the icy ground. "Bring it on fuzzy!" he shouted as he began running as fast as he could from the landmines. The dragon got closer to the ground, ready to bite Uncle Bob with it's enormous teeth. Large explosions started going off when the dragon got close to the ground, causing it to crash into the ground. "Heheh...I'm glad that's over." The dragon stoped sliding accross the ground just inches away from Uncle Bob. "Better luck next time, Ol Boi." He pointed a pistol at the dragon's head and pulled the trigger. "Well now that that is over, I can finally get that fuzzy guy to get me home." he thought to himself as he entered a teleporter. "Hey! Fuzzy! I found your problem and I killed it. Now, how about my ride home?" Uncle Bob said to the principal as he walked up to his desk "What? Hah! You still have to investigate those caves and mines. You didn't think that it would be THAT easy did you?" he said in responce. "What? Damnit" Uncle Bob said as he walked back to the transporter.

Uncle_bob
May 25, 2002, 07:35 PM
As Uncle Bob re-materialised in the mines he saw Chaos looking at a screen. He began silently walking closer to her with his shotgun pointed at her. "I know you're there." she said as she turned around "Who are you and why did you try to kill me earlier?" he asked her "You should know who I am. Didn't they tell you?" she replied "What? They? Who are you talking about?" He asked in a confused tone. "Weren't you hired by the government to kill me?" she said. "What? No! The only reason I am here is to find out what happened here." he quickly replied. "Oh, well err...Sorry about attacking you earlier I thought they hired you to come kill me." she said. "Uhh..yea sure, no problem. Wh..who are you?" "I'm not sure. I remember waking up in a lab on Pioneer 2, but I can't remember anything before that. I over heard some of the scientists and military officers saying that I was some kind of a bio-mechanical weapon. They code named me Chaos. When we got to Ragol and that explosion happened, I saw that as my only chance to escape. Yea I escaped, but what now? I can only run untill they kill me or capture me. Sooo... Who might you be?"

"My name is Uncle Bob, about 300 years ago I was finishing a mission for a client of mine. When I escaped, something caused me to land here. Soon after, I managed to get to get to Pioneer 2. That Principal guy made a deal with me. If I find out what happened here and make it out alive, he would arrange for someone to get me back to my home planet."

"Well, let's cooperate, it may be the only way the both of us can survive." "Ok, there's a teleporter over there. Let's go."

"Strange crystal.." Bob said to himself as he examined a large crystal in the Ruins.
"Bob! There you are!" Uncle Bob shouted accross the room.
"Hey! You made it! Who's that with.."
"What's wrong?" Uncle Bob asked him
"You. You're my mother!" Bob said as he walked closer to Chaos.
"Chaos? Are you ok?" Uncle Bob asked her.
"What? Yes..I remembered. Bob is right."

Bleh, I'm tired, i'll finish this on Monday

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2002-05-25 21:05 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jun 13, 2002, 11:30 PM
"But I thought you were...dead?" Bob said neverously.

"I was..I'll explain later. Looks like someone wants to play!" Chaos said as she pointed at an Arlan that was rushing toward them.

"I'll handle this, you two get back." Uncle Bob told them as he aimed his shotgun at the Arlan. He waited for it to get in range. "Come get some, fuzzy..." he thought to himself as it got closer. He pulled the trigger and the Arlan's right arm blew off, purple blood sprayed everywhere. He aimed at the Arlan's left leg and shot again. The creature fell to the ground. Uncle Bob walked up to the crippled Arlan. It swung at him but was too far away. He shot it one last time in it's "head". The creature collapsed onto the metal floor as a pool of purple blood flowed around it.

"No..It can't be. These things were supposed to be extinct." Uncle Bob said to himself as Chaos and Bob approached the corpse.

"Can't be what?" Chaos asked him

"This...This creature. It's an Arlan" Uncle Bob replied

"A what? What is this thing?" Bob asked

"It's an Arlan, a member of a group of demon-like animals. They're not like other animals on ragol, they're incredibly fast and strong. These things were supposed to have been extinct for a VERY VERY long time." He replied

"So you've seen these things before?" Bob asked

"Yes...hundreds of years before I ended up here, I encountered creatures like this. They aren't like regular animals, they never stop fighting. They fight as if they are being commanded by something, and I think I know what it is."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-02-08 18:12 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Aug 21, 2002, 05:12 PM
Wtfzorz?!

"You two go on ahead without me, I'm going to look around here a bit more." Uncle Bob said to them as he reloaded his shotgun. As the two walked away he cautiously walked toward a large door on the other side of the room.

He walked closer, a large crystal to the side of the door caught his attention. He stood infront of it, and attempted to read the markings on it. "No way..it can't be." he said to himself as he went back to the door. As he went through, an arlan rushed toward him. Before he could raise his gun, the creature knocked him to the floor; the arlan raised it's arms and roared.

Back on Pioneer 2, a general stood infront of the Principal, "That fool we sent down to Ragol hasn't reported back for a while...he's probably dead. Shall we send our army down now?" the general asked. "Y..Yes, do as you wish." the principal replied.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Lloyd
Aug 21, 2002, 08:33 PM
On 2002-05-02 11:31, labratpat wrote:
When I get bored, I just think about wierd stuff like, "Do bugs sweat?" and "Why don't monkeys grow beards?" So at least your boredom is interesting and productive, unlike mine...

Yea when i get bored I tend to follow patterns on the floor in circles o.O, like thats any use. Keep writing! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Uncle_bob
Feb 8, 2003, 09:08 PM
Been months since I've done anything with this thing. I'll go ahead and finish it up tonight or tomorrow. :/

"Agh...I hate it when they do that." Uncle Bob thought to himself as he turned his head to see the Arlan standing idly.

He got up off the floor and leaped across the room, crashing into the Arlan at a high speed. He knocked the creature to the ground and used that opportunity to repeatedly punch it with extreme force. In a short time, the Arlan was lying motionless on the ground.

"Bah! How do you like it when it happens to you?" He said to the corpse while he retrieved his shotgun.

He wandered down corridors of the ruins, attempting to find Chaos and Bob. Things seemed too placid to him as he looked to both sides while running.

After several minutes of running, he came to a stop to observe the wreckage left behind by Pioneer 1.

"Just HOW could this have happened? Why is it happening all over again? What were those fools on Pioneer 1 thinking?" Uncle Bob said to himself as he picked up one of the stray sabers laying on the ground.

He heard a noise behind him, he turned around to see a platoon of soldiers from Pioneer 2. The one in command shouted "Open fire! Kill anything that moves!"

Uncle Bob took shelter behind some wreckage as the soldiers began barraging him with countless photon bullets. He set a bomb and rushed for the closest door.

"What was that noise?" Chaos asked Bob while they were waiting in a large room.

"Eh, Probably Uncle B. He blows things up with bombs somtimes. He'll probably be here soon, let's wait for him."

Chaos just stood there with an expressionless look on her face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-02-08 19:21 ]</font>

RavenTW
Feb 8, 2003, 09:40 PM
On 2002-04-16 14:06, Uncle_bob wrote:
Heh...Cool then, but it is gonna be long.

If you've been reading Ultimate Hunters and Do Hucasts, then you get some patience. I really like it.