PDA

View Full Version : And so it finally happened.

Mystil
May 3, 2002, 08:49 PM
My VMU that had my PSO file with my lv109 character has stopped loading. All it does at the memory card selection screen is:

"Press A to reload". I tried pressing "A" and it just askes for the same thing, My character wont load at all. Well there goes 720 hours of hard work. I guess it was a matter of time. That VMU turned one year old in Feb, so yeah I had a one year old PSO file. My character was pretty freaking old. And dead now.

I don't think I'll play PSO on the DC ever again now. I just lost the only reason to do so 30 mintues ago..

pixelate
May 3, 2002, 09:26 PM
Get a new VMU and start over--stay persistent.

jello44
May 3, 2002, 09:34 PM
That happened to one of my characters, I had to erase that char and start over, but that was long when PSO first came out. Such a shame to lose a character at that many hours :

Mystil
May 3, 2002, 10:08 PM
No. That made me give up. All that stuff I had that will take me literally months or never to find. And I can't play online, so I would have too much hard time leveling up..

Infact I think I'll just sell my DC, its the only reason I bought the console; and wait for the GC version of PSO , where I know I can get online without problems. And get back to where I was much quicklier.

I can't be persistant in that game..takes too long to level, takes too long to get you mag where you want, and takes TOOO long to find anything. I have no patience for that game anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2002-05-03 20:09 ]</font>

Mystil
May 4, 2002, 07:41 PM
Really hate to Double post.

Anyway, however. I have changed my mind..I am going to start over..the road to lv 200 will be damn long, but I know others here haven't given up as easily as I was, so I don't see why I should give up either. I did it once, I can do it again..I do miss my character though.

Zyrotemis
May 5, 2002, 01:49 AM
Good luck!! ^w^

The PC version of PSO IMO is a lot more stable than DC.. and you can backup the files also.. problem is, it's a steep price (JP: ~74$ USD, TW: 44$ USD, KR: ??), but it's pretty much worth it.. especially if you have a decent computer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TeamPhalanx
May 7, 2002, 05:34 PM
Good to see that the old addiction still has its grasp on you

Shrevn
May 7, 2002, 11:44 PM
Ata gurl/boy? eh... stuff!!

Dont give up!!!
ITs a fuckin conspiracy Sega Erased your
File because they wanted you to quit!
YOU SHOW THEm hOW WEAK!!! they are!!!

*runs to make a new pso char called
SegaBiteMe*

Mystil
May 8, 2002, 04:44 PM
On 2002-05-07 15:34, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Good to see that the old addiction still has its grasp on you

That light that fuels that same old addicition is flickering faintly in my mind.

Daikarin
Jun 6, 2002, 11:32 AM
On 2002-05-04 17:41, Silhouette wrote:
Really hate to Double post.

Anyway, however. I have changed my mind..I am going to start over..the road to lv 200 will be damn long, but I know others here haven't given up as easily as I was, so I don't see why I should give up either. I did it once, I can do it again..I do miss my character though.

That's the spirit! It will be hard to be in low levels for a while, but it will be worth it. Who knows if your new char will turn out to be a better one... keep the spirit strong

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-06-06 09:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-06-06 09:36 ]</font>

Last_Saiyan
Jun 6, 2002, 04:33 PM
I didn't know that VMU has a specific life span, I had mine since the launch of the DC and it's still doing fine. I'm glad you're going back at it though. Good luck, road to lvl 200 is long. I've never met anyone being there legit and legal yet.

Sojo
Jun 7, 2002, 10:38 AM
maybe it became corrupted somehow; maybe you left it too close to an area with a field of magnetic interferance, like the house's main junction box...?

Or maybe someone hit you with a particularly insidious code and you didn't notice its dastardly effects...?

But 720 hours to get to Lv109?? My word!

Maybe you should invest in an exploder. My mate who is plagued by a bastard hacker got himself one, and now the problem isn't so bad. If his character gets to a reasonably high level before being assassinated, he can just cheat and pick up exactly where he left off.

It's actually a legitamate excuse to use an exploder.