PDA

View Full Version : You stupid little kid, you need to put monies IN the machine

Uncle_bob
Jun 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif Uncle has had his share of arcade experiences, and every time he goes he sees this happen:

One or two little kids "playing" a game. Fucking idiots, it's the demo, you need coins to play. Uncle feels like smashing your under developed craniums together, creating a delicious brain smoothy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Whether or not it's normal for Uncle to become so enraged and furious when he sees this happens, it'll still piss him off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-06-05 15:48 ]</font>

Ness
Jun 5, 2004, 06:18 PM
To me it's more funny than vexing.

RFB
Jun 5, 2004, 06:24 PM
I fully understand you. Kids piss off like that sometimes.

But I've seen worse cases.. in game stores, where they have consoles on showing games, they just usually have the console with the game in, and the controller unplugged, right?

Well I dont know you, but I've seen many idiots that were like, 25 years old? trying to play the game and even saying "wtf? is this shit broken?" and me "No, it's just that the controller is unplugged", while in my insides I am saying "ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT?? CANT YOU SEE THAT THE CONTROLLER IS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE CONSOLE??" and thus I feel an urgent need of creating doom, assasinating some innocents and drink some blood.

You're not alone, Uncle.

Arislan
Jun 5, 2004, 06:32 PM
I don't really have a problem with those little kiddies that play the demo. My problem comes in when I go up to the game to play, and ask the child to move, and get "No! I'm playing" from the little thing. What am I supposed to say to that? I feel like an ass telling the kid to move after that, but well, I *am* a paying customer, unlike the little kid, so I don't feel TOO bad about it.

Outrider
Jun 5, 2004, 07:25 PM
On 2004-06-05 16:32, Arislan wrote:
I don't really have a problem with those little kiddies that play the demo. My problem comes in when I go up to the game to play, and ask the child to move, and get "No! I'm playing" from the little thing. What am I supposed to say to that? I feel like an ass telling the kid to move after that, but well, I *am* a paying customer, unlike the little kid, so I don't feel TOO bad about it.

The good thing is that in my (limited) experience with arcades, oftentimes there will be some parent nearby to drag the kid out of the machine when they see they're in the way. Then as soon as you actually start playing, the kid completely forgets he was angry, cause there are lots of pretty flashing lights and explosions.

Atax
Jun 5, 2004, 11:26 PM
What I find mst annoying about kids in arcades is when you're happily playing a game, and one of them comes over and starts begging you to let the have a go, or fork out cash so they can play 2 player with you. Even more annoying when they won't take no for an answer.

And lets not forget the icing on the cake, of it being extremely awkward of refusing the kid's requets, when it's parents are watching nearby.

DarthFomar
Jun 6, 2004, 12:19 AM
Funny....I've never had this experience. Is that a good thing?! O_o

I usually played those shooter games, and occassionally the fighters, and also the side scrolling action games {i.e. Simpsons, TMNT 2: Arcade, Metal Slug, blah blah blah}. But, I always made sure to not spend all my money at the arcades. So, I wasn't addicted *thank god*; but, I swear, this one guy would almost always be at Aladdin's Castle.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I remember the good ol' days of the arcades. Seems like they've died down a lot over recent years...seeing as consoles are more readily available. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

One day, the arcades will just.....*vanish*.

Armok
Jun 6, 2004, 05:34 AM
Simpsons was a great arcade game.

On topic though. I hated the kids that press 2 player when you have spare credits. No you stupid brat wtf are you doing. This used to happen alot with the french kids on holiday camps.

RFB
Jun 6, 2004, 06:01 AM
Quick solution for that: As soon as a kid gets nearby, grab your Flame Visit and point to the kid's head. In case you dont posses one, any kind of gun will do the work.

AquaFlare7
Jun 6, 2004, 06:12 AM
I have you all beat. As an Avid DDR Maniac, if I am at an arcade it will be the DDR machine. It never fails that while I am dancing around (yes in heavy boots, its better that way) that a couple of children will start trying to press the buttons AS I AM STEPPING. The parents are usually right there but do not tell them to move and I end up failing as to not crush any undersized hands. Just once I would like to see what happens if I do step on them. Chances are in today's world I would get sued and lose the case.

-Most parents these days suck more than those of previous generations, isn't there a law against neglect?-

RFB
Jun 6, 2004, 06:18 AM
Well, next time act like this:

Move your head in the direction of their parents, and tell them "I'm gonna keep playing and if your children dont get out of the way, I'm not gonna care about them. So, your choice." Then, keep playing and put your heavy boots over their tiny little hands. It's got to be fun... really fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif take some pics please.

Armok
Jun 6, 2004, 09:41 AM
On 2004-06-06 04:12, AquaFlare7 wrote:
I have you all beat. As an Avid DDR Maniac, if I am at an arcade it will be the DDR machine. It never fails that while I am dancing around (yes in heavy boots, its better that way) that a couple of children will start trying to press the buttons AS I AM STEPPING. The parents are usually right there but do not tell them to move and I end up failing as to not crush any undersized hands. Just once I would like to see what happens if I do step on them. Chances are in today's world I would get sued and lose the case.

-Most parents these days suck more than those of previous generations, isn't there a law against neglect?-

Oh dance games. In future I hope all video games are physically difficult as this one. It will lead to a generation of super geeks who beat the shit out of Jocks at school.

Man that would be so funny.

KodiaX987
Jun 6, 2004, 09:45 AM
The parents are usually right there but do not tell them to move and I end up failing as to not crush any undersized hands. Just once I would like to see what happens if I do step on them. Chances are in today's world I would get sued and lose the case.

God dammit, step on their hands anyways. If the kids are stupid enough to put their hands UNDER THE PATH OF YOUR FEET, they do not even deserve a millisecond of their insignificant lives.

Anecdote: My half-brother has a nephew called Patrick. Patrick is a 10 year old idiot who thinks he's the almighty boss. One day, Patrick comes up to my half-bro, says "I learned karate. Check this out!" and promptly kicks my half-brother in the stomach. It hurt. So my half-brother said "Okay. Now look what I can do." And punches Patrick straight into the wall.

Patrick never attempted to practice karate moves on my half-brother again.

Morale of the story: kids suck. Therefore, don't mind them if they start hanging around you while you practice something dangerous. Their fault for approaching you.

Tact
Jun 6, 2004, 09:52 AM
On 2004-06-05 15:47, Uncle_bob wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif Uncle has had his share of arcade experiences, and every time he goes he sees this happen:

One or two little kids "playing" a game. Fucking idiots, it's the demo, you need coins to play. Uncle feels like smashing your under developed craniums together, creating a delicious brain smoothy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Whether or not it's normal for Uncle to become so enraged and furious when he sees this happens, it'll still piss him off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-06-05 15:48 ]</font>

WTFreak? I sympathize with you. That is one of the reasons I never go to arcades anymore, besides my Gamecube...

Sayara
Jun 6, 2004, 07:22 PM

OH my God! That happens to me alot. But with the Korean Machine, (has 5 Buttons yay). Me, the songs i do have alot of jumps. And that means im jumping! 130 pound little guy stompin! However when kids decide to play hoppy hoppy with me there own little bodies are at risk. Failed. To avoid squished kids.

What I think is either have a law against neglectful Parents... or just ban the little kids away from the dangerious DDR/PIU Machines! >>;

Sharkyland
Jun 6, 2004, 07:42 PM
Heh, in the past I've seen these things done before... I've seen people mindlessly play a game at the arcades just to check out a girl or another player to see how good he is. They usually don't try to attract attention though when they get caught they get extremely embarrassed.