PDA

View Full Version : Do Hucast Dream of Electric Rappys?

Deathscythealpha
May 7, 2002, 06:50 PM
Ive been reading the Blade runner novel latly (a nice homage in the title), and i felt inspired. I may continue this as a long story, a may not. I was thinking of doing this as a participation (sp!!!) fan fic, but im not sure yet. I just had to get it down somewhere.
So, i hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------

He turned the data card slowly in his hand, over and over.

4 targets.

6 months had past since Dark Falz had been defeated, but Ragol was no better. The colonisation of the planet had started quite quickly after the dark ones defeat, way to quickly. One of the first colonys was totally wiped out by a sudden surge of creatures, and others were recieving attacks on a daily basis. Nearly everyone carried a weapon now.

4 targets.

Pioneer 2 remained in Ragols orbit, left to decay. Many of the old hunters remained on the ship, either to use to there surroundings, or scarred mentally by what they had seen down on the planets surface.

Thats where Deuce was.

He was a RAmar. WAS a RAmar. He had been one of the first to be sent down to the planets surface, and last to return. He fought his way into the depths of the ruins, battled the demons, and...thats all he knew. 1 month of his life was missing.

4 targets.

He played back the mission he was set over and over in his head. After Falz had been defeated, Deuce had become a bounty hunter.

Many hunters had become corrupted by Falz infuleance. Many were killed by there fellow hunters, but alot just slipped away. Falz power didnt even leave them when he was destroyed. They became cultists, worshipping there new god and praying for his return. They were violent killers who would sacrifice man or beast to there dark lord. And they wernt just secluded to Ragol.

There was large prices on the heads of Dark Falz cultists, and many old hunter bacame Bounty Hunters. Deuce became one because he feared the obscurity of nothingness. He wanted to end his life in a way someone would remember him.

Now he had 4 targets to take out. 4 Dark Falz cultists. He had been given there names and descriptions on the small data card he toyed with in his hand, and that was it. Either he kills them, they kill him or he forgets the whole thing.

Obscurity beckoned with that choice.

Chapter One:

"Oberon. How did i end up with a place in this sector?" Deuce asked himself, his voice deep and troubled. Just thinking about the sector depressed him.

Oberon had been a bad sector before the colonisation had started, and now it was even worse. Somehow Deuce had been moved to this hell hole, and it was having an effect on him. His face was bristled and unshaven, and his light brown hair was ruffled and messed up. He felt like the streets of Oberon themselves, a mess.

He made his way through the trash strewn Oberon streets, occassionaly seeing another old hunter, but never talking to them. Anyone who was living here would be as down and depressed as he was.

He was soon at his flat, a run down sty of a home, but it was the only place he had. He placed his 'hit' list in his pocket and flicked out his door card. He placed it into the reader next to the door and there was a short beep, and a green light flashed on, signalling that he could enter.

But something wasnt right. He slowly lifted the card out of the reader, and he felt it give slightly. He ran his finger along the side. It had recentaly been prised of. Immediatly he grabbed the Varista from his side.

He stepped forward and the door swooshed opened. All the lights were off, and he couldnt see anyone. He moved through to the living room, carefully navigating his way passed the junk and trash he had accumilated.

The lights were off here to, but the lights from outside were enough to light up the room. Someone was sitting in his chair.

"Dont move!" He yelled at the intruder, gun aimed for a head shot.

"Hmm, you wouldnt shot me" a confedent voice replied.

"You?"

Kupi
May 7, 2002, 08:45 PM
Hrm... an interesting premise, nice foreshadowing (I must know who this intruder turns out to be), and good spelling and grammar to boot. A good first effort... I anxiously await the next chapter! ^_^

Nerd
May 7, 2002, 09:07 PM
Hehehehe, i like the reference to Oberon being a slum..

War_Child
May 8, 2002, 03:15 PM
Cool!

More I say! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Night_Star
May 9, 2002, 10:24 AM
wow, thats pretty good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
cant wait for the next chapter

Hikosaka
May 10, 2002, 01:15 AM
I like it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Is there more coming?

Deathscythealpha
May 10, 2002, 05:10 AM
Cool,im glad everyone likes it. Im working onthe next bit right now,and i should post it later.I would now,butim sorta in college.

Deathscythealpha
May 10, 2002, 06:29 PM
Chapter 2

The intruder sat forward in his chair, the neon lights from outside giving his face a red glow. A grin was fixed upon his lips.

"Draco, so you survived then"

Deuce had been in a team of three all the way to the ruins. One of them was Draco. He remembered fighting bravely beside him untill he got to the ruins, then trying to remember anything else was painful.

"Im sitting here arnt i" Draco replied in a sarcastic tone.

The two stayed motionless for a second, as if time had stood still. But slowly time wound itself up again as Draco got down to buisness.

"You became a Bounty Hunter Deuce. Doesnt sound like a job you would have gone in for"

"Pays the rent" a feeble excuse, but it had to do.

Draco was well built and in his mid twentys. He had long jet black hair that had been sweeped back over his shoulders. He had several scars criss crossing his face, and through his modified, sleaveless Hunters armour you could see more scars on his arms.

"But it goes against everything you told me and Jasmine, how you would only killed monsters"

"Cultist are no better then monsters!" he said in a strong harsh tone, spitting as he said those words.

"I tracked you down after your last couple of jobs, not very subtle were they"

Deuce remembered the last one. The Fomarl. She had been passing herself off as a healer, but really all she was doing was corrupting people to her cause. He had a face of with her in a town centre.

He had won.

"I also know about your next targets" he started playing with the hilt of his saber, balanceing it on one finger.

"The guilds meant to keep that infomation secret, how did you...?"

"The computer systems are old and riddled with holes, i think i child could hack into it. I need to warn you not to follow up those cultists" the grin had left his scar lips now and had been replaced with a very stern look.

"I think i can take car of 4 cultists, i took out three last week and ive only been working for a month"

"And doesnt that make you wonder why theyve given you such important targets, it only now being your second month on the job? You probably wont make it past the second target"

Deuce felt insulted. Draco hadnt kept in contact for nearly six months now and he comes up here and starts insulting his abilities. He scowld at the Humar.

"I can take care of it Draco" he sad through gritted teeth.

"Fine, i tried to warn you my friend. I wont bother you anymore"

Draco got up out of the chair and made his way past Deuce, not making eye contact.

"Hows Jasmine?" Deuce asked.

Draco screwed up his hands.

"Shes dead"

And with that he left. Deuce was all alone.

Deathscythealpha
May 12, 2002, 05:27 PM
Deuce fell into his comfy chair and sighed. It wasnt really a comfy chair anymore. Years of slouching and abuse had made it hard and uncomfortable. But as with the rest of the rubbish that filled his apartment, Deuce wasnt ready to part with it.

He started to fiddle with the data card.

Why would Draco suddenly come up to Pioneer 2 and warn him to drop his job? This was really bothering him. He hadnt seen or heard from the guy for six months then he turns up straight out of the blue. Maybe this case was really dangerous.

He took a long sip out of the whiskey bottle.

Along with sweet foods and nicotine, alcohol had been banned on Pioneer 2. Of course there was an illegal black market for the stuff, but it was only used by the incredibly wealthy. As soon as the colinisation progress began, these bans were lifted and nearly everywhere sold alcohol. Deuce had started to drink heavily since he returned to Pioneer 2 with a month of his life missing, it was the only way he could get himself through the day.

He put the bottle back down and changed the data cube to its next page. Strax, a Fonewm. He was up here on Pioneer 2 and the easiest target on the list. According to the small amount of data, he was seen last on Puck 9.

He placed the data card down next to the whiskey bottle. He was very tired, and the alcohol was taking effect. Puck 9 would be his first call of the day tommorrow.

He started to slouch deep into the chair, his senses blurring under the power of the whiskey. He blink once. Twice. The he was asleep.

Deathscythealpha
May 14, 2002, 06:28 PM
Chapter 3: Sweet Dreams or Nightmares?

As he drifted into an alcohol fueled dream, Deuce could see the one thing he put out of his mind returning.

Jasmine.

She was beutiful. A Hunewearl with lucious green hair that curled round her shoulders. Her large blue eyes shone like diamonds. Her fighting skill was like no other.

And Deuce loved her.

He could never admit this to her, or even himself. But somewhere within his heart, his sub conscious, he knew. He couldnt admit it because he knew Draco and Jasmine were already a couple. They were perfect for each other, but Deuce always thought he was better.

Now she was dead. He didnt even want to know how, the pain of thinking about it was unbearable. He had only been able to with hold it in his flat because of the alcohol following through his system. Now he was no longer in his flat.

He found himself floating in a cloud of nothingness and across from him was Jasmine. Her hair rippled in an invisible gust of wind. She smiled at him, the cute smile she would always keep for Draco.

He floated up to her and rapped his arms around her waist.

"Jasmine, i love you" The words echoed for an eternity.

She carried on smiling, and he heard himself say it again. But this time it recieved a different reaction.

She started to laugh. At first a slight giggle, then a hestericle wide mouth laugh. She pushed herself away from him and continued to laugh and point.

Then there was more hands, more laughter. He fell to his knees in shame, covering his ears from the terrible din. He looked up at Jasmine with pleading eyes. He stared into hers only to see the tell tale purple pupils of a cultist. Then she exploded upwards and outwards, into a horrible, four tenticled beast. He then felt himself being devoured.

*you've been here before*

Then he awoke to the fake daylight of Pioneer 2 shining through his window.

Deathscythealpha
May 16, 2002, 05:38 PM
He rubbed his eyes and tried to look away from the light. This was the fifth day on the trot that he woke up feeling like crap and the taste of stale whisky on his lips.

He stood up and stumbled sligtly, knocking over the whiskey bottle.

"Shit, not on the data card"

He quickly whipped up the card and tried to clean as much alcohol off as he could. He flicked a couple of pages and it seemed to be working ok.

"God i hope the day doesnt carry on like this"

He didnt bother to get washed, he didnt feel any point to it anymore. He probably fitted in better looking a mess anyway. He slipped the data card into his pocket and just left.

Puck 9. Oh he remembered it being such a great ship once. Everyone flocked there to meet up with friends, to chat, to sort out buisness, pretty much everything was going down on Puck 9. But with all good things, Puck 9's greatness came to an end, and now it was just a cess pit of forgery and crime like all the other sectors.

Deuce strolled down the street slowly. He could the low grumble of the slums all around, but he tried to block them out. Somewhere there was a scream, which was then cut short. There was nothing he could of done anyway, it was at least 4 blocks away.

He found himself slowly turning into a shopping district. What most of the shops sold he didnt want to know about. There was only one place he wanted to visit.

"Strax's Technique Store" the sign read. Not very subtle for someone he should be fearing for his life. The store itself looked old, and had a wooden look to it. He pushed the door and an antique bell tinkled.

"Welcome sir, how could i help you? Weve just got a delivery of Grants disks in if thats what your after"

"No thanks, im not really into Techs"

Well that was true if you replaced 'not really' with 'utterly detest'. The use of techs seemed to him like a weak mans way out of a fight. Nearly anyone could mutter a few words to fry an opponant with a lighting bolt, it took a true warrior to know how to use guns and swords effectivly in the middle of combat.

"Im looking for a Fonewm named Strax, you know where he is"

The force behind the desk grinned.

"Thats me, what do you need sir?"

Deuce was quite shocked by this. According to the data card, this guy had killed several people and mutilated them horribly. He looked more like someone who would sit at home with a stamp collection drinking tea.

Maybe this was easier then he first thought.

Hikosaka
May 17, 2002, 11:33 PM
Hehe, stamp collection...

Write more! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deathscythealpha
May 18, 2002, 10:14 AM
Chapter 4: Appearences

Deuce kept his eyes on Strax as he planned his next move. Most cultist came out fighting as soon as they heard you were looking for them, but this guy was just standing there with a 'can i help you' expression on his face. He couldnt just take him out, there were rules.

As soon as you identify them as a cultist, you can do anything you want to stop them. But identifying them was one of the hardest parts. One trait of a Dark Falz cultists was that they had a slight tinge of purple around there eyes.

Strax was wearing a small pair of specticles, that seemed cleverly poised so that you really couldnt see any colour in his eyes. Deuce started to stare harder, just in case he could see a glimse of purple.

"Why is sir staring at me like that?"

Deuce quickly shook his head and tried to look at something else, he needed an excuse to have a look around the place. His eyes came to rest on a small sign.

"Um, you stock herble teas dont you?" what a crappy excuse he thought, but it seemed to be working.

"Only the best sir. Are you here to try some?"

"Yeah, one of my friends recomended you, i wasnt sure if this was the right place"

"Well sir is in for a proper treat, i will go brew some of my special Nar Lilly tea for you to try" and with that,he disapeared up a flight of stairs behind the counter.

"Only a force could get away with wearing a purple suit" Deuce said to himself as he started walking slowly around the store.

It was full of strange force equipment. Canes, fluids, some sort of doll.

He rubbed his hand across the top of a selection of Tech Disks, and pulled one out at random.

'Megid lv15' the label read. Well that was one piece of evidence, Megid disks were supposed to band. He could probably take him back to the guild just for that, but something inside him said there wa something more increminating here.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a door. It wasnt very obvious. It wa in a dark corner with some sort of hanging covering half of it. It slowly walkied over to it and placed his hand on the handle. He quickly took it away again as he felt something red and sticky on his hand. He turned it over and looked at his hand. There was several small patches of blood. Fresh blood.

He quickly swung the door open and stood into the room.

He wish he hadnt.

Blood. Bodies. Death.

All those thoughts quickly ran through his head as he stared at the masscre that had gone on in the back room. And he vomited.

Deathscythealpha
May 19, 2002, 05:55 PM
He turned away from the scene of horror and leant against the door frame. He drew his left hand across his mouth to clean away the last of the sick.

There was blood everywhere. On the walls, the floor. Somehow even on the ceiling. Whoever had killed them people sure had fun doing it. The last nail in Straxs coffin was a large Dark Falz shrine hanging on the wall, a bloody body lying as a sacrifice under it.

There was a loud click as a weapon was loaded.

"A bounty hunter eh? Ive already had two try to collect me and fail, what makes you thing you can succede?" Straxs said as he ponted the shot at Deuces head.

'Forces shouldnt be able to use shots' Deuce thought for a split second. But he remembered there was a great deal of techniques that could be learnt, including ones that let its user use any weapon or item they wanted.

"Well least i have another victem to sacrifice to lord Falz"

As the shot fired, Deuce fell backwards out of the way of the flying photon energy. As he fell he drew his Varista from its holster. He hit the ground and let of a shot, maybe a bit premature as Strax manage to dodge out the way.

He could feel damp seeping into his suit and he relised he was now laying in a puddle of blood. His stomach wanted himt o be sick again, but a survival technique told it to shut up. He rolled back under a table and kick it down to make a barricade. A sickly splat told him taht there was bits of body on that table, makeing his stomach scream loder at him.

"The other two didnt even get a shot off at me. I applaude you bounty hunter. But your now cornered, prepare to die" Strax's voice had lost the annoying blocked up sound and sounded alot nastier.

Deuce had to think quick. What was he going to do. He was cornered, Strax had got that right. He maybe able to hide behind the table for the first couple of shots, but sooner or later the sick force would get through. He could let Strax come to him, or go to him himself. He looked down at the body that had come off the table, and had an idea.

There was the sound of fast moving footsteps and that was the cue for Strax to lean round the door. He turned, and fired three times. But then he relised his mistake. A bloody corpse was flung at him and Deuce ducked back into the shop, his uniform covered with blood. The force grunted angrily and knocked the body off of himself.

"Bit messy there. Now, are you gonna come quietly or am i gonna have to finish you off here?" Deuce said, his gun pointed at the force.

"I dont plann on comming at all!" and with that the force conjoured a foie spell and chucked it at Deuce. Deuce squeezed the trigger of the Varista

One thing Deuce liked about the Varista was the way it worked. Squeeze the trigger lightly and you could get off one shot. Squeeze it tight and it will let off three shots, so if you first misses, the second or third would strike home. In Strax's case, it was the second.

The photon bullet ripped through his chest as the other too bounced pathetically off the wood work. The foie ball cought Deuce in the chest lifting him off the ground, but doing little other damage.

He stod up slowly and painfully, and was glad for the minor bruises after he relised he could of been a big smoking pile of ash. He looked at the corpse on the floor and pressed a button on his wrist communicator.

"Bounty Hunter Deuce reporting and kill. He can be found at Straxs Technique store on Puck 9. There is also three bodies of unidentified victems here" and he signed off.

As he left the store he could already here the sirens of the polices cars, ready to tape of the shop and remove any evidence of what had happened there. He notice a group of shop keepers standing around, nervously looking at his blood covered uniform.

"Dont worry, its not mine"

Deathscythealpha
May 20, 2002, 05:07 PM

Ok, anyone want to offer up one of there characters to play the part of a Dark Falz cultist? You must feel ok with your characters dying though (or maybe not, twists in plots rock).
I am looking for at least one female character, preferably a Hunewearl. Oh, and androids are aloud.
Please put a name and breif description below.
Thank you.

Reno
May 20, 2002, 06:04 PM
Is this a participation thing or are you just going to use the characters?

Anywho...

Name: Ryzor
Class: HUmar
Description: Quite tall, dresses in black, longish blonde hair, scar on left side of face
Weapon: Custom built twin pallasch (basically a darth maul style double saber ^_^)
A little background:
Born and raised in the European sector of Titan, lost both parents at an early age and was taken in by the leader of the "Black Paper" scandal. Grew to be a cunning warrior and an excellent swordsman, he only felt truly alive whilst staring death in the face. Near the end of Falzes reign, the "Black Hound" or "KIREEK" went beserk and killed everyone Ryzor held close to him, he traced KIREEK for years but he didn't find him in time, a mysterious hunter had already snatched Ryzor's chance of taking revenge. With Falz gone and no home to return to, Ryzor had nothing to live for, his one purpose in life was to fight and that had been taken away from him. He joined up with a group of travelling Dark Falz cultists and soon became a feared mass murderer, attempting to take as many souls as he could in the belief that he could revive Falz and finally take his revenge on the world for taking away everything he lived for...
Strengths: Has extremely quick reflexes and is a natural with any bladed weapon, spots opponents weak spots and exploits them quickly
Possible weak spots: His skill in battle is tremendous, but this leaves him arrogant and he often underestimates his opponents, especially those who fight from a distance such as rangers as he considers them as cowards, believing hand to hand combat is the only real way to fight, his short range is his greatest disadvantage although he doesn't realise it
Battle tendancies: Never uses techs or ranged weapons, even though he is fully qualified to use them, leaving himself with a very short attack range. Loves to taunt opponents during battle about their weaknesses (especially the "cowardice" of using ranged weapons) which can easily lower an opponents defences

EDIT: Not much really, just added a little extra info, cause I want his personality to come out right ^_^... I don't mind him dying (I have a possible solution to bring him back in the event that this turns into a participation fic anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) as long as it isn't a weak, clumsy death (for example, Jango/Boba Fett or Darth Maul) ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reno on 2002-05-21 15:07 ]</font>

KodiaX987
May 20, 2002, 10:33 PM
Name: Shrike R (not to be confused with Shuri!)
Type: RAcaseal, white skin and neon-green plates.
Appearance: 7'4" tall. Sports long knife-hair (goes down to her waist), and her hands are somewhat large and organic-looking but not as huge and blade-sporting as Shuri's. Skirt is lengthened too, reaches her ankles. No bow. The middle finger of each hand is actually a blade, and is four times longer than a normal finger.

Weapons:
[LIST] Half-Style Saber: A modified version of the Ancient Sword. One half of it is transparent, and the blade has been hollowed out to insert whatever poison or other substance you want.
Orva Sword: A huge modified photon saber. Its handle has been taken off a Gigush, and the blade's base generator is four times as long as normal. The generated photon blade is actually a red triangular outline, with a dogtooth in the middle of the main blade, with bars running through the inner part of the outline. If you have ever see an Avro Arrow, imagine that type of shape.

Deathscythealpha
May 21, 2002, 10:53 AM
Ok, so thats two people down, just one more to go.
Ill just be using the characters at the minute, but maybe some fan participation later (maybe in 'Do HUcasts 2'? ). Oh, and Reno, your little brief background really helped out with a story hole i was having problems with. I can finally work my way round getting certain NPC's into the story.
Now, the third person is...

gypsy
May 23, 2002, 01:43 AM
KOOOLgMURDER !

You know what he looks like.....big black bad ass RAcast. Ultra evil fucker he is..

I'll leave you to decide on any particulars that ya see as necessary.

Its great! I really like it, get writing the rest of it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: evil shit on 2002-05-22 23:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gypsy on 2002-05-22 23:51 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
May 28, 2002, 06:41 AM
Chapter 5: On the Planet

Pioneer 2 started to slowly drift out of view as the shuttle entered Ragols atmosphere. Deuce didnt know whether to miss it or feel glad to be gone.

Shuttle trips to Ragol were now the cheapest way to reach the planet. Government finances decided that to keep Pioneer 2 alive, tolls should be paid on the use of the transporter. Only people with alot of money and little time travelled via the transporter now.

He lent back in his seat and stared out the window at the planet, the sun setting on the horizon lighting up the surface with its deep red glow. It was really beutiful. If it hadnt been for the nightmare time he had spent down on Ragol he would of fell in love with the place. If it wasnt for the view from the front of the craft.

It hadnt taken long for contractors to start building homes and other buildings on Ragol. Methods of quick contstuction had been developed on the seven year voyage, and a new building could be built in as little time as two weeks. Many buildings had also been shifted from Pioneer 2 itself, so now a thriving metropolis was living down on Ragol, destroying the original grass land of the forest area.

It depressed him so to look at the dark webway that was Pioneer City, but it looked like he was going to be finishing off his buisness there.

The shuttle touched down on the edge of the city and its passengers disimbarked. Deuce stepped off slowly as he read the Data card. The closest target should be a RAcast, KOOOLgMURDER. Deuce wasnt going to comment on the androids wierd name. According to the datacard, he should be found somewhere in the forest, where he had been living for some time.

Deuce clicked off the datacard and put it into his pocket. Then he slowly headed out into the forest.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
May 28, 2002, 02:43 PM
more! more! eat!
I wanted RAcast able to manipulate the mines and the robos in the mines like DF! Nice comment on his f-ed up name, too

Deathscythealpha
May 29, 2002, 04:21 PM
Even though it had been cut back quite alot, the foliage was still thick. Deuce tripped several times trying to walk through it.

The compter on his wrist beeped at him a couple of times. It was showing a map of the surrounding area, all the outlines in white. He could make out several dots that indicated that there was some creatures about, but they seemed to be keeping there distance from one area. There seemd to be a faint signal there, but the computer couldnt decide what it was. The weight of the Varista tapping against his hip made him feel a hell of alot more comfortable.

He soon came across the clearing indicated on the map. It was totally void of life. The birds werent even singing. A soft thumping noise drew his attention to something sitting near the edge of the clearing.

A RAcast. It was sitting cross legged with the sun shining of his black armour. In its large hands there was a Rappy. A dead rappy to be precise. Its large clumsy hands had crushed the bird o death, and the owner of the hands didnt even notice it.

"Who are you?" the android said, not even turning its head. "Did you want to stroke the bird to. Its fun"

There had been several test performed on Cultists before, and the strangest results came from the androids. There brains acted strangly to the mild possesion. They either became incredibly intelligent, child like, or just completely lost control. This one seemed to have fallen into catagory two.

"No thanks. I was just looking for someone"

"Well you found me, KooolgMurder".

He didnt stop stroking the Rappy, but he did confirm himself as the target. There was something strange about him though.

It wasnt only his armour that was shining, it was his whole body. Even the RAcast usual trousers had been replaced with a shiny material. It reminded Deuce of a beetle. His eyes were also slightly more further back its head then a normal RAcast.

He put his hand on the butt of his varista.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
May 29, 2002, 05:48 PM
Write more, bro`
This is really nice stuff.
Is that a connection to Lenny from "Of Mice and Men?"

Petting the dead bird he just wanted to love?

gypsy
May 30, 2002, 10:17 AM
And what the fuck is a BlackCanaryOfDeath when its at home. Jackass.

Deathscythealpha
May 30, 2002, 03:47 PM
Yo, Gypsy, dont go messing up my threads, or ill be forced to poke at college.
Please keep the language to a minimuim.

And yes, it is a small reference to 'Of Mice and Men'. Alot of pieces in my fan fics are inspired by something.

Deathscythealpha
May 30, 2002, 04:39 PM
"So, how long have you been here" asked Deuce, trying to distract the android with questions before he did the deed. He hated it when they knew it was coming and they were useless to defend themselves.

"About 5 months. Just me and the Rappys. There so soft" he replied, still not taking his hands off the bird.

"Ok, then. So you avent seen anyone else" he started to slowly make his way around to the back of him.

"No. Just you and the Rappys"

Now Deuce was standing behind him. He could see Koool's neck clearly, the perfect shot for a clean kill. He would have to do it quick, he had no time to falter. He kinda felt sorry for him. His record indicated he had only killed one other person, the only other thing was the Rappys.

He wrapped his hand around the handle of his weapon, rolling his fingers down it for a second to get a better grip. Then he quickly lifted it up and slammed it into the RAcast's neck and pulled the trigger.

Or that was the plan anyway. Half way up the RAcast grabbed the gun, but somehow still managed not to move.

"You were trying to kill me!" and he yanked Deuce forward with the gun. He was now staring at him with his right eye as he dragged Deuce over his shoulder.

"Why do you try to kill me" his tone was flat now, and had lost its original child like tone. He yanked him again and Deuce came right over his shoulder and landed with a thud. He could see the mashed remains of the Rappy beside him.

The RAcast leant down and pick something of the stricken ranger. He roled the data card over and switched it on, flashing up his own details. He looked down at Deuce with two dark purple eyes. Then he growled the next two words.

"Bounty Hunter"

Chapter 6: Mutation

As Deuce lay on the floor he could predict the RAcasts next move. As it brought its huge arms downwards he rolled at the way and heard the huge thud.

He then rolled up onto his feet and aimed his gun at the RAcast. Then stopped.

He had noticed the way the RAcast hadnt looked right when he first lay eyes on it, but now he see everything that was wrong.

He was alot taller then normal RAcasts, and they were normally big. He would probably had problems fitting into the Hunters Guild. His original assesment of his beetle like appearence seemed more true now, as he could see the whole of its body. Lines grooved its way across his chest, segmented to let him move better. The rest of the body looked like it was covered in a chitenous shell where armour should of been.

It looked at him and growled, mouth wide open. That was the most worrying part. RAcasts didnt have mouths! A jaw seemed to appear on the bottom of his head, and it now dribbled a purple goo.

"Oh, shit"

gypsy
May 30, 2002, 11:04 PM
hey, at least I had the decency to use small text. Plus I did not snap out like that. Its not fairr!!!

Great fic btw, is getting more captivating http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jun 2, 2002, 03:56 PM
The mutated RAcast charged at him, smashing straght into him and sending him flying. He cursed himself for freezing.

He started to get up but a heavy foot smashed into his ribs, sending him flying once again. I large tree stopped him.

Somehow Deuce managed to get to his feet. A thin dribble of blood passed across his lips. He went to raise his Varista but he relised he was no longer holding it. Kooolg just stood there, beathing heavily.

Breathing Heavily! Androids didnt breath either. What was up with this thing. He watched it moving slowly towards and he could see that it was no longer moving right. Its legs were bending the wrong way.

As soon as it was close to him, Kooolg pounced, attempting to get the bewildered Bounty Hunter it a bear hug. Deuce saw this coming and jumped out the way. He slid across the floor as Kooolg grasped onto the tree, splintering its bark.

His Varista. It was lying it a small mound of grass. He grabbed at it and turned onto his back and aimed at the rampaging RAcast. It had turned and was now coming at him again. He squeezed the trigger gently, sending a single shot towards Kooolg.

It splattered on the RAcasts shoulder. The beetle like shell that had been protecting it shattered, and a thick purple goo leaked out. Koolg stumbled back a couple of paces and held his shoulder in pain. This gave Deuce enough time to stand up.

He wiped the blood from his lips and pointed the gun at the stricken android. All he had to do now was finish him off.

Suddenly the RAcast truned on him again, ignoring his room. Deuce pulled the trigger hard, but Kooolg somehow managed to dodge them all. It reached out and grabbed his gun hand and lifted him into the air.

He stuggled trying to pry his hand out of Kooolg's giant hand. It was in vein. All he did was make him squeeze tighter.

His eyes darted around, looking for a means to distract the android, a way to get out of his grip. He stared at the beast's stomach. It was made up of a row of thin armoured panals with gaps in between to allow ease of movement. In between those gaps, Deuce could make out a squeeshy under belly.

He had found his way out.
(whats cool about this post is that Blade Runner is actually being shown tonight on TV, so im watching it for some more inspiration)

Reno
Jun 2, 2002, 04:05 PM
This is coming along great ^_^

whats cool about this post is that Blade Runner is actually being shown tonight on TV, so im watching it for some more inspiration

Heh, so it is, I didn't notice that (probably because Channel 5 isn't usually worth watching http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) I'll have to watch it

Deathscythealpha
Jun 3, 2002, 11:38 AM
He swung himself back and kicked at the beasts stomach. There was a small crunching sound but that was it. He swung back again and kicked even harder, hoping tha this time a panal would break. This time the noise was a little louder.

"Theres no use struggling, you will soon be dead" the RAcast said, his voice even darker and meaner then before. He drew his arm back to deliver the final blow to Deuce.

He had to do it this time. Deuce swung himself back further and put both his feet out. There was a loud crack and three of the panals shattered. Deuce felt his right foot kick into the beast stomach,ripping a huge hole in it.

Kooolg hollered in pain and dropped Deuce, spilling out a purple liquid from his stomach. H eput his huge left hand over the whole in an attmept to stop the flow of blood, but it was useless. He fell to his knees in pain.

Deuce stood up, rubbing his wrist. He had strained something trying to swing back so hard. NOw he just stared at the RAcast as it screamed and moaned in agony. He didnt really like to see other people or beings in pain, so he raised his Varista to Kooolg's head. He would bleed to death anyway.

"Ill make it so it doesnt hurt, no pain"

Kooolg looked at the bounty hunter, his purple eyes full of hate. Deuce hadnt noticed it before, but now a set of black pupils at in the middle of his eyes.

"You'll be the one in pain" he yelled and leapt up onto Deuce, pushing him onto the ground.

Deuce stared up at the RAcast, its fist raised into the air to crush him. He thought quick and jammed the Varista into the hole in its stomach.

The three shots echoed around the forest, scaring the birds from the trees.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 5, 2002, 07:27 AM
Chapter 7: Alone on the Planet

Deuce lay in the grass, the corpse of Kooolgmurder laying next to him. The three shots had minced the insides of the RAcast and pretty much killed him immediatly.

Deuce stared at the stars, still trying to work out what had just happened.

Dark Falz influence now seemed to go even further then just corrupting peoples minds, but there bodies aswell. Looking at Kooolg, he could see a resembelence to the creatures he saw in the ruins.

But if it corrupted the body and mutated it, wouldnt someone have seen this before? Maybe they hadnt survived to tell anyone.

He rubbed his head, there was a large gash where the RAcast had came down akwadly on him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a monomate tube. He squirted some of the monomate gel onto his fingers and rubbed it into his wound. He cringed as it stung for a couple of seconds, then the gash healled up and there was no more pain. How did the scientist's make this stuff?

He remained laying on the grass, staring up into the sky, his mind still racing on what had just happened.

'You probably wont make it past the second target'. Deuce smiled as he remembered what Draco had said, he showed him. Then the feeling of remorse swept through him, a realisation of lonelyness. He missed travelling as a team. If Jasmine were here, she would be cheering him up, telling him to keep on moving and put the thoughts to the back of his mind.

No. These thoughts needed to stay just where they were. He couldnt put them off that easily.

He pounded his fist on the ground. He was argueing with himself here. He had to get away from the forest and be around other people, before he went mad just laying here.

He sat up and look at his wrist computer.

20:37

He had missed the last shuttle back to Pioneer 2 by seven minutes. Looked like he was slumming it down on Ragol, by himself.

He stood up and dropped a beacon next to the RAcasts body, so the clean up crews would know where to come. Then he strolled off in the direction of Pioneer City.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 9, 2002, 07:04 PM
He had only really been in Pioneer City once, and he hadnt stayed long. The shear size of it now knocked him back. How had they built so much so quickly. He was guessing alot more buildings had been moved from Pioneer 2 then he had originally thought.

The sprawling city scape was getting even more like Pioneer 2. All the buildings seemed to be linked together with long, concrete walkways. Over the side of these you could watch the veicles hover past on there invisible roads.

Deuce currently found himself in a run down bar on the fifth level of a building. He wondered if they dilebratly built bars like this as he stared at a flickering wall lamp.

He took a swig from his glass of whiskey and went back to staring at his Data card. It had been quite eventful that he had got stuck here as the last two targets had been last seen in Pioneer City. One was a HUmar, the other a RAcaseal. Maybe he would go looking for them after this drink.

As he put the glass to his lips he noticed that he had emptied it. Maybe he would go looking for them after another drink.

"Barman, could i get another on the rocks" he said as he clicked his fingers. A rather large barman came over and took his glass.

Deuce flicked through the images of his targets once again as he waited for his drink. The brman crained his neck to see what was on the card.

"Eh, you looking for someone mister?" the barman asked in a nasaly voice unsuited to his appearence.

Deuce ignored him for a second, then leant forward as he relised that maybe he could get some infomation out of the guy.

"Im looking for a HUmar and a RAcaseal"

"We get alot of them in here mister" he laughed at himself for a second but then noticed that Deuce was not to impressed with that comment.

"Well im looking for these two in particular" he showed him the card and watched the blood drain from the mans face.

"No, no. Ive never seen them. They havent been here. Heres your drink, ok, drink up. Heh"

The barman was clearly nervous. Deuce took his drink from the barmans shaky hand and sipped at it. The barmans eyes kept on darting to the left and werent that hard to follow. Deuce looked past the smoke and at a small booth in the corner of the bar. Even though people kept walking past it, it was easy to see the two figures sitting there. They were wearing long cowles, the sort everyone seems to wear when they dont want to be noticed. They must be his target. And they seemed to have spotted him.

He watched them as they got out of their seats and left the bar. Deuce fumbled in his pockets and pulled out the meseta for his drinks.

"Thanks, keep the change" and with that he left the bar, following the targets.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 10, 2002, 08:33 AM
Chapter 8: Targets Three and Four

As he stepped out of the bar a gust of wind hit him, ruffling up his already messy hair. About 5 metres away two figures stood watching him.

"Ryzor, Shrike R. By order of Principal Tyrell and all the members of the higher council, i am to bring you in. Dead or Alive."

The figure on the left started to laugh. A deep, mocking laugh. Deuce drew his gun sharply and pointed it at the figure.

"I said dead or alive, and i prefer the first option"

"You wont take us in, not untill my plans are finished" a male voice said to him. It was very calm, no sign of panic at all.

"I did think we could use that bar to hide out for a bit longer, but that foolish barman seems to have pointed me and Shrike out. Oh well"

There was a small click, and then the bar exploded. Deuce was lifted into the air as piece's of wood, glass and metal showered across the outside. He lay on the ground for a couple of seconds, then tried to get up. First thing he could see was the two cultist's still standing there, having not even moved from that spot.

He got to his feet, and fell forward slightly. A piece of wood had stabbed into his back. He gripped it with his left hand and pulled it out. The cultists still didnt do anything. He discarded the piece of wood and continued to point the gun at them.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 11, 2002, 09:36 AM
He winced at the pain shooting through his back. He promised himself more monomate only after he had taken these two down.

There list of kills had been considerably bigger then any other cultist he had seen before. Ryzor had at least thirty-two, while Shrikes lay at a slightly higher thrity-nine. There would be more added onto that list now.

They had cold bloodedly killed a bar full of people, just because the barman had panicked. Many of the people blown up had families, famlies that would ever see them again. He felt he was slightly responsible for their deaths, but he had to put them feelings away if he was going to take these two down.

"That will be going against you. Now that youve threatened me, i can use any force required to take you down". Deuce hoped that he had sounded treatening, but the pain from his pack was increasing every second he stood there.

The man on the left removed the hood of his cowl to reveal a head full of long blond hair. A scar ran down the left side of his face. Deuce was now certain that this was Ryzor.

The figure on the right however removed the whole of her cowl. Deuce had belived before that RAcaseals didnt look really look made for combat. Whoever had designed had a maid more in mind when he put that silly bow on there back and there apron like clothing. But this one incredibly dangerous.

She had a chalky white skin that just about showed over the top of her neon green clothing and armour. The dainty bow that was normally on had been removed, and she now had a longer skirt that just about reached her ankles. Her hair was long and almost reached down to her waist. She also seemed more organic then most RAcaseals. If it wasnt for its Chalky colour, Deuce could of been fooled into thinking that it had real skin. More disturbing was her hands, that seemed larger then normal hands and blade like fingers protruded from the middle of them.

"Shrike, i think i will let you have fun with the bounty hunter here first" Ryzor said, his voice full of confidence. Shirke grinned and started to advance on Deuce.

Ian D
Jun 12, 2002, 01:26 AM
MORE! It's getting good!

Reno
Jun 12, 2002, 03:52 PM
must... read... more o_O
*sets up tent outside thread and awaits next update*

Deathscythealpha
Jun 12, 2002, 04:10 PM
She screamed a battle cry and leaped at Deuce, drawing a blade as she jumped. Deuce shot and dodged. There was a clang of metal as her weapon struck the floor. She then swung the blade up with a loud swoosh, just missing Deuce's face. She then swung it once, twice at his stomach, Deuce dodging back each time. Then she she brought it down in a large diagonal ark, clipping a piece of Deuces hair and lodging it in a wall.

Deuce took a quick glance at the blade. It looked like an Ancient Saber, but one side of it was translucent. In the translucent side a purple liquid sloshed about.

"Nar Lilly poison. Just one nick is enough to slowly kill you" Shrike hissed at Deuce, and then pulled the weapon out of the stonework. It connected with Deuce shoulder as it came out. He thanked his lucky stars for the extra armour there that prevented it from reaching his skin.

He tried to shoot the RAcaseal again, but she dodged out of the way just as the photon bullet sailed passed her. In the background Ryzor started to laugh.

"Just like a cowardly ranger to just use guns. A true warriors weapon is the blade" he said smugly as he removed the last part of his cowl, reavealing a dark black HUmars uniform.

He wanted to just shoot him now, but that would just be prooving his point. And shrike was in the way.

She swung the saber wild at him again, slapping his varista from his hand. She swung a couple more times, and as Deuce stepped back he tripped over some of the wreackage of the bar. Now the RAcaseal stood above him, sword ready to strike. His hand felt the floor for something to block the attack, and just as the sword came down, he pulled a piece of ruined railing in the way. He guessed it must of come off the stairs or something, but that didnt really matter, it stopped the poison from reaching his skin.

The blade stuck into the metal, and Shrike pulled at it feroucously, trying to dislodge her weapon. Deuce took this opening and kicked her hard in the stomach, sending her sprawling backwards, leaving her sword jammed in the railing. He got up and yanked the sword from the railing.

He had some practice using melee weapons before, but being a Ranger he was more used to using guns and other equipment.

He swung the blade in wide arcs just to get a feel for the weapon, then pointed it at the stricken android. She grinned a malicious grin and drew another blade, crashing it against the saber. Now the true fight was beggining.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 16, 2002, 05:49 PM
Chapter 9: Duel

Tge orce of the strike made Deuce stumble back again. He was feeling weak cause off the wound in his back, but he forced himself to continue.

The blade Shrike was now using had a strange design. Unknown to Deuce it was called the Orva Sword. It had been custom made and featured a large, triangular outline for the blade with a dogtooth inside the middle of the main blade. Its red colour gave Shrike's red skin a pinkish tint.

The blades clashed again and Deuce gave it his best to block the blow. He turned the sword around in over assgirated movements, mimicking those he had seen on TV or in movies.

He attmepted to get a hit in on the android, but she easily dodged and retalitated to his attack, slashing his side. Deuce grimaced and tried to hold back the scream he wanted to let out.

"Come on bounty hunter, at least put some effort into your death" Shrike said, mocking him, trying to get him angry.

It was working.

"My names Deuce, and its your death!" he yelled as he leaped forward, sword raised above his head.

He brought it down, but Shrike just bashed it aside. He lost his footing and stepped passed Shrike, and as he did, she brought her elbow down into the wound on his back.

He yelled out and fell to the floor, pain courseing through out his body. Shrike just stood there. Laughing.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 17, 2002, 04:31 PM
He pushed himself up onto his elbows and looked up at Shrike. His eyes were watering slightly with the pain. He swung the saber at Shrikes feet, but she jumped it, flipping over and landed on her feet.

Deuce then used the saber to pull himself up off the ground. He was tired. Even if the barman hadnt pointed them out, Ryzor and Shrike probably would of destroyed the bar anyway in an attempt to kill him. Any bounty hunter was a threat to them, it didnt even matter that they hadnt even met before.

He glanced at Ryzor with his tired eyes. The cultist hadnt moved. He still stood there with his over confident smirk on his face. He knew Shrike would be winning. He probably thought she would kill him. He had to prove him wrong.

Shrike made the first move, charging at Deuce with her blade raised above her head. Deuce swung his weapon and caught Shrikes Orva Sword in mid air. It slammed to the ground and Deuce held the saber on it, stopping Shirke from moving it. He hit out with his right arm, trying to knock the android away from her other weapon. He caught her face the first time, but the second strike missed totally, giving Shrike the chance to retaliate. She swung the back of her hand across his cheek, leaving a large gash with her knife like finger. Deuce had to let her blade go or risk getting cut up with her hands.

"Its no use, you cant disarm me hunter. I am a living weapon" she said, hissing the words at him.

She then moved in fast, elbowing him in the stomach and putting the hilt of her Orva sword into his chin. The she gave him a massive roundhouse kick and smashed him to the ground once again. This time he couldnt get up.

He was bashed and bruise, bleeding in several place and just weak. He was breathing heavily but couldnt catch his breath. He could see his Varista just sticking out of the rubble next to him. Alot of good it would do him now.

Ryzor finally moved, getting a bit closer to the fight, but still staying a good distance away.

"Finish him off Shrike, then we can complete are buisness"

Shrike grinned, showing a perfect set of teeth. She flipped the sword to a downwards position and went in for the final blow.

Then stopped.

Her mouth opened wide and a lowed shreak emmitted from within her. She dropped her sowrd and clutched her sides in pain.

"It...h...hur...hurts!" she just about managed to say. Her features were shiftingm and her body changing, becoming more unreal. The perfect teeth Deuce had only seen a moment before became pointed and sharp.

"No, not now. Shrike! Snap out of it. Weve got plans" Ryzor yelled, looseing his confident tone of voice and smirk. Deuce could see an opening and took it.

He grabbed at his Varista, ignoring the pain, and shot the RAcaseal in the chest. This didnt finsh her off, she still clutched at herself in agony. Deuce managed to lift himself up and charged at the stricken cultist with his sword. There was a nasty slashing sound and a thump as the top of her body hit the ground, only its left arm still attached to the torso.

Deuce just stood still, breathing heavily. Just one more to go.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 24, 2002, 07:55 AM
Chapter 10: Chase

Ryzor rushed forward and grabbed what remained of shrike. He lifted her head up in his arms, but she was good as dead now.

"You chose the perfect time to change, didnt you Shrike" he said in a sarcastic tone and placed her back on the floor.

Deuce fumbled in his pockets again, producing to capsules. He rubbed the monomate gel on his wounds, and then took a couple of dimate tablets from the second capsule. They would subdue the pain.

"Your going to come after me next then Deuce" Ryzor shouted at him.

Deuce turned to face him. A tired gust of wind blew dust about from the rubble, making Deuce squint.

"Its my job Ryzor. You have murdered people in cold blood, and you must be stopped" Deuce dropped the saber and pointed his Varista at Ryzor. He wasnt going to risk his life again fooling arouind with swords. He didnt care if it wasnt honourable.

"Well, ive got a job of my own to do" the cultist started taken a couple of steps backwards towards a balcony.

"Ive gota get my revenge"

"On who?" Deuce asked.

"Kireek of course"

Kireek? Deuce thought. He remembered hearing stuff about him from the news and the papers. A HUcast who had been part of the Black Paper operation. He had been killed by a young HUmar named Ash though, how was Ryzor going to get revenge on someone who was dead?

A scream of sirens wailed behind him, and Deuce turned his head to see some ambuleance's and a couple of squad cars hovering their way. Using the distraction Ryzor made his move. He darted for the edge of the balcony. Deuce cursed under his breath and tried to get a shot of on Ryzor. All his shots collided with the masonary. As Ryzor got to the edge, he jumped off.

"No, Ryzor you bastard!" Deuce yelled and raced to the edge. He lloked over to see an airbourne road passing between the buildings. Below, Ryzor had landed on a hovering car and was now jumping from veicle to veicle. Deuce let off a couple more shots but missed.

"Well if he can do it..." Deuce said to himself as he dropped himself of the edge of the balcony.

Behind him, the ambuleances and squad cars had landed, and there was a massive commotion as people hurried about, trying to find survivors.

"Look in the bar, but be careful, it may be unstable" a police officer yelled to the others.

"Weve found a couple at the back" Someone yelled back.

"Theres another one here" Someone else yelled.

"Quick! Get a trolley over here, this ones serously hurt!" an ambuleance crew member yelled. The was a loud rumbling as the trolley was rushed across the rubble and the two crew members lifted the female form onto the trolley.

"What the hell happened here" the officer in charge asked himself.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 27, 2002, 05:13 PM
Deuce hit the car with a loud metalic thud, and slipped down the back. He grabbed onto the trunk and heaved himself back up. He could hear its occupants yelling from inside, but he didnt pay that much attention to them. He tried to stand on the roof but could only make a sort of standing crouch.

A couple of thuds made him focus his attention in front of him where Ryzor was leaping fr0om car to car, crumpling roofs and snapping arials as he went by. His hair waved behind him.

"Stop!" Deuce un-imagitavelly yelled and shot his Varista three times. One of the photon bullets struck Ryzor in the shoulder, showering the car below him in blood, but this didnt stop the cultist, it just made him move faster.

Deuce started to follow. He jumped from the first car to the next, landing flat on his face on the roof. He scrambled up and leapt again, this time he manage to get something close to a landing. Ryzor was five cars ahead now. Deuce aimed again and shot another volley of photon bullets. This time they just crashed on the car below Ryzor, shattering a window and panicking the driver. With a loud graon the car shot off, forcing Ryzor to jump one car back, crunching the roof as he landed.

Deuce hadnt noticed it before, but Ryzor was getting slightly larger. He had a bigger build, and his muscles showed more through his outfit. His eyes also glowed a much brighter purple then the normal cultist.

"Leave me be Bounty Hunter" he stated with a great distain in his voice. That had become deeper too.

"I still cant do it. Im going to bring you in dead or alive"

Ryzor grinned, showing all his teeth. He brought a handle up in front of him and there was a fizz the photon blades emerged from each end. He then pounced forward, leaping the three remaining cars with ease and crashed the blades down on the roof of the car Deuce was standing on, just missing him. The driver of the veicle looked over at the blade protruding through the roof and jumped out of his veicle, realising a safty chute on the way down.

Deuce didnt wait for Ryzor to get his twin pallasch out of the car and smashed his Varista's butt down into his face. Ryzor jerked backwards but didnt loose his balence. He yanked the twin out of the car and swung it in a wide arc which Deuce only just managed to dodge. There wasnt much space on this veicle and Deuce decided it was better to vacate it before he was skeward.

He ran over to the back of the car and leapt to the right, missing the top of the car he was aiming for, but putting his arm through the window. He pulled himself up, dispite the screaming of the veicles passenger, and leapt again. This time he found himself on the top of a truck.

He turned round, attempting to take out Ryzor from a distance. But as soon as he turned, Ryzor was upon him, kicking him the face. He rolled along the roof, and as soon as he tried to get up he found that Ryzor was upon him again, picking him up and chucking him to the end of the truck.

"Time to die bounty hunter"

Deathscythealpha
Jun 30, 2002, 06:25 PM

There may be a bit of a gap between my next update of this fic.

My pc screwed up and i lost like 23GB of data, including some of my backed up work on this fic (general gumpf i was adding). So im gonna sort my pc out first, then get back to this fic.

Not long now till the conclusion and hopefully something that will make way for a follow up participation fic.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 10, 2002, 05:40 PM
Deuce eyes widened in fear as he watched Ryzor raise his left hand. There was a crackle and a large purple ball of magic shot from his hand. Deuce flung himself to the right as the ball struck the top of the truck.

He was now splayed out near the edge of the trucks roof. He got to his feet jsut in time to see Ryzor cast another Megid ball. This time he just dropped down off the side of the truck, sliding along the material that covered its side.

"Ha ha ha. Yet another cowardly ranger. Always running away from the fight"

Deuce ignored the cocky Cultist and shot the side of the truck, trying to make a hole big enough for him to fit through.

"Ill will make you come out and fight fair, then ill kill you"

There was foot steps on the top of the truck and Deuce fired his Varista again, this time making a slight hole ibn the trucks covering. The foot steps stopped, then there was a crucnhing of metal.

Ryzor ripped the roof off of the trucks cab and lent inside. He ran his fingers over the dash board untill he found the right panal. He looked at the on board computer for a second then quickly tapped in his co-ordinates on the touch screen. Then he slid his fingers along the the speed icon, revving it straight up to 95mph. The with one finger he stabbed the 'Ok' button.

The truck lurched forward and shot off through the other cars. Deuce held onto the covering harder then he had before, trying to bunch it up in his hand. He used his free hand to pull at the rip he had made.

"Enjoying the ride now coward?" Ryzors voice rang out from above. "This is quite good, not only can i kill you, but i can get to my destination quickly"

The covering ripped slowly, it was made of a really tough material. Deuce yanked hard, still trying to keep a grip with his one hand. He looked forward quickly, then back to what he was doing. He looked up again as it dawned on him what he was heading for. The buildings were getting closer, and soon the truck would be scrapping up against the walls. He didnt want to be scrapped to.

He yanked at the covering with a sudden urgency. But with each tug he just wasnt making enough of an impact. The wall was getting closer Then Ryzors head appeared over the edge, his hair flailing behind him in the wind.

"You better hurry Deuce, i want to finish you off myself, not have you splattered across some wall"

Deuce aimed upwards and took a pot shot at the ridiculing Hunter. It was way off and all it did was make Ryzor laugh at him. He tugged at the covering for one more time before his hand lost grip. He waved in the air, only being held on by the the thin piece of covering he had been tugging at. He pulled himself along it and then into the hole. He fell in between a pile of boxes just seconds before the covering was ripped to shreads as the truck smashed into the side of the wall.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 23, 2002, 04:35 PM
The truck groaned as it veered back onto its original course. The canvas draped down weekly on its frame, which had been buckled in the collision. Deuce lay in between the cargo, nursing a bruise on the back of his head. He really needed to work on his landings.

Before he could continue that line of thought a photon blade ripped down through the roof, stopping inch's away from his face. He swallowed hard and raised his gun up, aiming at the roof. The photon blade was pulled back up and he heard the footsteps of Ryzor walking away. The cultist must of thought he was dead.

Deuce lay on his back and stared into nothing. He would just wait here till the truck arrived at its destination. Then he would finish of Ryzor once and for all. All he had to now was wait.

Ryzor sat in the trucks cab, grinning.

sorry for the lack of updates, and that his one was so short. Hopefully ill get the last couple of chapters finished by the end of the week.

ERaZer
Jul 23, 2002, 07:14 PM
Wow, great story. Best PSO fanfic I've read!

Ness
Jul 23, 2002, 08:26 PM
Great Story.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 25, 2002, 10:15 AM
On 2002-07-23 17:14, ERaZer wrote:
Wow, great story. Best PSO fanfic I've read!

Heh, thanks. Dont know if its the best though, check out some of KodiaK stuff

Deathscythealpha
Jul 25, 2002, 10:40 AM
Chapter 11: Deeper

The truck stuttered to stop. Its anti-grav engines gave out and the veicle fell about half a metre to the ground. Deuce cursed quitly as a box landed on his head.

There was a click followed by a large slam of a door. Deuce poked his head around the corner of the truck and watched Ryzor walk towards a large building. It was very ornate, and only about 6 stories tall. It was obviously a privatly built building. As soon as Ryzor got to the glass double doors he ignited his weapon. A swift kick from his right foot shattered the glass and he walked on inside.

Deuce hopped outside the truck and ran up to the side of the door, dodging into a recess so Ryzor wouldnt see him. He was breathing heavily and sweating buckets. All he had to do was go in there, plug Ryzor and then he could be finished with all this. He could settle down someone and live out his life quietly, without all this death. He counted to five under his breath then swung round the door, Varista pointing out in front of him. The entrance way was empty. No guards, no occupants, no Ryzor. He stepped into the hallway and, as if fate thought this situation needed more drama, the heavens opened behind him, raining down massive splash's of rain. There was a crack of thunder and lightning lit up the sky.

The hallway was very ornate. Gargoyles leered over the top of pillers, unlit candles sat in the top of huge candle sticks and the tiled floor clicked as Deuce strolled across it. 'How very gothic' he thought.

There was another flash of lightning, lighting up the entire hallway and revealing something Deuce hadnt noticed before. The tiled floor was a giant mosaic, and in the middle was the grotesque image of Dark Falz surrounded by a large group of hunters. At first Deuce thought they were attacking him, but then he relised the hunters were guarding him. He looked away from the image.

"What us this place?"

A small 'ting' drew his attention to the otherside of the hall. A lift had just stopped. It didnt take a genius to work out that Ryzor must have just used it. Deuce walked up to the panal and was just about to call the lift. He stopped just before he pressed the button. If Ryzor saw the lift following him he would have chance to get ready. If Deuce used the stairs he had a chance of suprising him. He quickly took note of the floor the lift had stoppedon and sprinted to the stairwell to the left of him. Great, it did have to have stopped on the sixth floor.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 25, 2002, 06:44 PM
His shoes clicked loadly as he hurtled up the stairs. The stairwell retained the ornate feeling of the rest of the building, with giant marble stairs running up through it. Small lightbulbs sat in candle shaped holders.

He was near the final floor now. He was out of breath from all the running. He rested up against the wall for a couple of seconds, getting his breath back and hoping that everything would go ok. He lifted his gun, turned and kicked the stair well door in.

No one was there. The entire room was empty. It seemed to be a pent house office, a large desk at one end of the room looked really expensive. A couple of flashes of lightning lit up the office, and something on the desk caught his eyes. He strolled up to its large oak side and spun a piece of paper round. It looked out of place as everything else was sorted in to neat piles. He read over the neatly written note.

'The last few are finally evolving, it will be are time soon. The age of 'The Children of Dark Falz'!

RRR'

That signature looked familiar. Where had he seen. Before he had chance to put the pieces together the light switched on and someone let out a loud battle cry. From the other side of the room, Ryzor charged at him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2002-07-26 08:07 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 25, 2002, 08:43 PM
Man this story just keeps getting better and better!

Ness
Jul 30, 2002, 03:50 PM
Ahh! When is he going to continue the story?

Deathscythealpha
Jul 31, 2002, 05:46 PM
He saw the blades pass across his head as he ducked below them. He screwed up his hand into a fist and struck Ryzor in the face. The cultist didnt move. He hit out again, with a blow that would of dropped a normal man. Ryzor didnt even flinch.

"My belief in the great Dark Falz has given me greater powers then you could ever imagine. Your punches are like a brief summer breeze to me"

With that, Ryzor brought up his leg ad kneed Deuce in the stomach. As Deuce fell forward he brought two clenched fists down on his back. He rolled on the ground in total agony until Ryzor stopped his moving with a foot pushed down hard on his chest. Deuce stared up as a photon blade was held above his head.

"Your finished Deuce. Prepare to die"

Deuce awaited the blow, eyes screwed up ready for the pain. But nothing happened. Then somthing dripped across his face. He opened an eye. Ryzor was standing there, a surprised expression on his face, with the blade of a large sword sticking out of his chest. The sword was removed and Ryzors corpse fell onto Deuce. He rolled the body off of him and wiped the blood of his face. There was a cough from behind him and he turned to look face a hunter standing in the darkness.

"Draco, you saved me"

"Only so i could kill you myself and protect my master" Draco replied, his voice filled with hate.

Deuce found himself at the end of another weapon.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 1, 2002, 09:05 AM
Chapter 12: Recollection

They both stared at each other. Draco's saber was out stretched and pointing and Deuce's head. Deuce could easily get a shot off, but would he want to kill an old friend?

"I told you to leave this job alone, but your just to stubbon. I knew you would get to Ryzor, i knew he would lead you here, i knew i would be forced to kill you"

"Why? I havent done anything to you"

"YOU'VE DONE EVERYTHING TO ME!" Draco yelled, and in a fit of anger he smashed his sabers blade down on the expensive desk.

"Its your fault Jasmine's dead, its your fault that i fell to the temptation of Dark Falz, its your fault that im merely a slave"

Deuce took a couple of steps back, trying to comprehend what he just heard.

"My fault Jasmine's dead?" his tone was low.

"Heh, yes. Cause you were such a coward" a grin fixed itself awkwardly on Dracos face as he knew he had hit a sensitive spot with that commment

"You dont remember what happened that day in the ruins, do you?"

"No" he replied quietly.

"Well, ill tell you. We got into the ruins ok. Talking and joking as we always did...

"Nothing could be worst then those monsters in the caves. I see anything here, im just going to blow its head" Deuce said, pretending to aim and fire his gun.

"With your accuracy you would probably shoot it in the foot" Draco replied, a friendly grin on his face.

"Hey!"

"Come on guys, lets just stick to thinking about surviving" Jasmine broke in before the two of them started fighting.

The three hunters ran dwon the long corridors of the ruins, disabling any traps they came across, but they were not attacked by anything. They headed out into a large room, long windows looking out onto the rest of the ruins.

"Look at it" Jasmine said in awe.

"Its magnificant" replied Draco, walking up to Jasmine and putting his arm around her waist. Deuce turned away.

There was a growl and Deuce looked up. A Delsaber teleported in and leapt at the warriors. Deuce shot at the thing but it moved to fast. He fell to the ground as the thing landed on him. It raised its buster and got ready to smash it down on his face. There was an electical fizzle and the Delsaber fell in to, Dracos saber having cut through it.

"Theres more coming!" Jasmine yelled, getting out her Double Saber as more monsters appeared in the room.

The Delsabers attacked en masse. Draco and Jasmine worked frantically to cut down as many as they could, but more and more appeared. Deuce just stood frozen.

"Deuce" Draco shouted to his comrade, but there was no reply. Draco kicked another Delsaber to the ground as it tried to attack him.

"DEUCE!" he yelled, his voice cracking as he panicked. He watched as Deuce looked up, fear in his eyes.

"I cant Draco, i just cant" and with that Deuce fled, heading for an open door.

"Draco!" a female voice screamed. Draco spun on his heal and watched as a Delsaber cut his loved one down. There was a sickening gurgle as it plunged its buster downwards.

"Jasmine!!!" he yelled, fighting back the tears, he attacked the group of monsters, desperatly trying to fight his way to Jasmine, but it was a futile effort. The monsters just beat him back, cutting his face and arms. In the end he had to flee the same way as Deuce had.

As he leant against the wall, blood staining his armour, he was aprroached by two hunters...

"Thats how your cowardice caused caused Jasmine to die. If i wasnt trying to get you to come back i could of protected her. Then you had to become one of them"

Deuce only just heard what Draco said as he tried to comprehend what he was being told. Memories came flooding back, confirming what had happened, what he had tried to block out. He looked up at Draco.

"One of who?"

"One of us!" a metalic voice ansewred from behind him.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 3, 2002, 04:03 AM
Well, im going on holiday. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
So, im going to be chillin' for a week, then hopefully i can get back to this fan fic. Later guys!

Deathscythealpha
Aug 15, 2002, 09:10 AM
A HUcast appeared from behind a piller, as if he had been there all along. Its body was a mish mash of other Hucasts, looking like it had been wielded back together out of any old parts. A slightly bulky black right arm, blue legs and lower body, and a purple torso and head. Deuce recognised the Hucast quickly.

"Kireek, but your..."

"Dead? Death isnt the end for those who serve Dark Falz"

Deuce stared at the android, shocked at seeing him here. Then his mind got back to the original conversation.

"What do you mean one of you?"

There was a low noise from Kireek, as if he was trying to laugh at Deuce, but it just came out as a growling noise.

"A servant of Dark Falz of course. When you left your comrades to die, you ran straight into me. It was easy to convert you to are cause"

"No, i would never become one of you, why would i want to serve your dark god, killing people for no reason at all!" Deuce was starting to become worked up. He clenched his fists tight.

"Because he offered you something you wanted"

Deuce stopped clenching his fists and looked up.

"My lord Dark Falz doesnt just posess people, making them fight for him, he offers them something in return. You were a coward, leaving your friends to die. He offered you the power to stay and fight"

It all seemed to make sense. He had hated the fighting before, but something inside him now gave him the power to fight on.

"If i had become a cultist, how come im not one now?" he asked, his mind racing at all the new infomation he was taking in.

"You had a good heart" Kireek all most spat them words. "You seemed to hate all the killing we did for are master. You didnt like the deaths of the innocents. One day you just revolted against us. You left us just hours before are master was defeated, fleeing back to Pioneer 2. You seemed to lose all memory of what had happened, and the authorities had already started having problems with us cultist. They figured one of are own could defeat us"

Deuce cradled his head in his hands. He had been killing those he was once a member of. He was still using the gift from the demon. He was as bad as they were.

"Farewell Deuce" Draco said behind him, raising his saber above his head.

"No!"

Deuce span round and shot Draco, the photon bullet ripping through his chest. As he fell to the groud Deuce turned and shot at Kireek, but the android dodged his shots, and fled into a back room. As Deuce went to follow, he heard a noise on the floor behind him.

"You didnt find out why i serve Dark Falz" Draco said, his eyes half closed. He seemed to look more frail now.

"He offered me a chance to see Jasmine again. Now it seems you are the one who gave me that chance" A weak smile came to his face."Goodbye Deuce, my friend" and with that, he died.

Deuce looked down at the body. His friend was now dead. Even though he was the one who caused his love one to be killed, Draco still seemed to count him as a friend. He had even tried to warn him out of this mission, so that this wouldnt have happened. Deuce clenched the handle of his Varista tighter and followed Kireek, determined to end this now.

Reno
Aug 15, 2002, 05:21 PM
Great story, I haven't been this interested in a fanfic for a long time
Ryzor was killed off and I wasn't even here to see it *runs off in tears*

Deathscythealpha
Aug 18, 2002, 07:44 PM
Chapter 13: Revelation

The ajoining room look liked a conference hall. A large oak table sat in the middle of the room, a crystal chandelier hung above and all arouind the room were statues and images of Dark Falz. How a place like this could go un-noticed was incredible.

Deuce slammed his back into a piller and slowly peered around it. If Kireek was armed atleast he had several inches of concrete between them. He made a quick scan of the room, but didnt see anyone. He pulled his head back behind the piller, his heart beating faster and faster.

"Show yourself Kireek, and ill make your death quick and painless" he shouted.

"Empty words hunter. You cant do otherwise if you cant find me" came the reply, full of confidence.

Deuce moved out from behind the piller, gun raised ready to fire. Maybe his threat was a bit useless, but now he knew where Kireek was hiding. He followed the sound, and spotted a piller in the far left hand corner of the room. He kept the varista up a aimed as he worked his way around the table. He stood on the other side of the piller, got ready, turned and fired.

Nobody was there.

His shoots harmlessly struck and side cabinet, chipping off bits of varnished wood. Deuce cursed through gritted teeth, turned and was struck full on in the face by a metalic fist. As he fell to the floor he felt the blood dribble down his face from the newly opened wound on his cheek. He was already finding it hard to look through his right eye. He struck the floor hard, and before he had any chance to recover, a hand grasped him round the neck and lifted him of the ground.

"You know, you never bothered to find out why i, as an android, decided to serve my lord Drak Falz" Kireek said, his voice had an annoying know it all tone to it.

With great ease he flung Deuce across the table, sending ornaments and glasses flying. Deuce gagged as he tried to get air into his lungs. He tried to roll of the table, but found Kireek waiting for him.

"I know the question has been bothering for uite some time, why androids who dont really have any wishes at all would want to serve Dark Falz" A metalic foot kicked out and sent him flying once again across the room. Deuce landed on his face on the floor, and skidded on the polished tiles.

"You see, androids do have certain wishes. Certain joys they would like to try out. And like every other android i wanted one thing. A real body!"

Deuce looked across the floor and spotted his varista. It was only a couple of inched away, he could try and grab it if he moved fast enough, before Kireek got to him again.

"We envy you humans and newmans. Your able to feel with your own body. You can breath, fell the true joys of a gentle breeze blowing across your skin, smell the wonderous scents of nature. We androids only have this fake sense of feeling. Circuits trying to analyse and work out what comes naturally to you. Dark Falz offered that to us"

Deuce's fingers crawled across the floor, he felt his finger tips brush against the butt, his hand clasped it! There was a crunch as a heavy, metal foot came down on his arm. It was angled just right as to cover part of the forearm and hand.

"You know, its rude to interupt"

The foot applied more pressure and the bone and muscle underneath it splinttered and ripped. Deuce screamed in agony as he felt the bones dislocate and then smash. After a couple of seconds, the foot was removed from the bloody remains of Deuces right arm. Kireek carried on speaking, as if nothing had happened.

"You saw Koolgmurder and Skrike. They were only coming to the end of there transformation into something of flesh and bone. But there are others who have completed there transformation, who have become the true Children of Dark Falz. And i am one of them" he looked down at Deuce and clasped his hands round his metalic cranium. He then started to pull at the sides, like opening a nut. And slowly the metal came off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2002-08-20 13:48 ]</font>

Ness
Aug 24, 2002, 06:37 AM
More More! Finish the story!

Deathscythealpha
Aug 27, 2002, 09:18 AM
What lay underneath was hard for Deuce's own mind to describe. Kireeks head kept its original shape, became more organic, but looked incomplete. His face had barely any features on it and his eyes were the same glass ones from his android form. His mouth opened and closed a few times, but that looked awkward on him. His skin tone was a pale purple, and just underneath the surface, veins could be seen throbbing away.

"My first stage is complete!" yelled Kireek, an extreme lack of sanity in his tone. He walked over to the table and picked up a silver tray that had once held some flowers till Deuce's flying body had knocked them off. He looked at his reflection and touched his face gently, a sudden twitch inhis features as the cold metal hads touched his skin for the first time. "In a couple of hours i will be complete, Lord Dark Falz' gift slowly washing over me!"

Deuce decided not to let this distraction go to waste, and dived for his varista once more, grabbing it with his good hand. He squeezed the trigger hard, three consecutive shots leaving its barrel. AsKireek turned to see what was happening, he brought the tray down. The first two shots smashed into its silver surface, the third smashing it and striking Kireek in the shoulder. For a second it looked like he was going to fall, but he stabilised himself and gave Deuce the most evil look he had ever seen.

"You bastard!" He yelled and charged across the room.

Deuce didnt even get chance to get back up before Kireeks metal foot struck him in the face. He then felt himself get lifted up by the neck of his uniform and have three punches smash him in the face. The was a brief second where Kireek stopped, then Deuce was flung at a large window. He smashed through the glass and rolled along the balcony outside, the heavy rain beating down on him. Kireek followed him, picking up the bounty hunters varista on the way so he couldnt get it again that easily. He tucked it into the side of his belt and then turned back onto Deuce.

Deuce had tried to stand back up, but his head was telling him it was time to lay down and close your eyes. Blood was streaming down his face and from the seams of his uniform around his arm. He tried to stand again, but fell to his knees in pain. He clutched his hand with his left hand and cradled it gently. He only just heard the android approach above the trobbing of his head.

"This is where you die Deuce. I am going to kill you in the name of Dark Falz. In a way i will be returning a lost follower to him"

Deuce looked up at Kireek, his vision blurring, his mind racing trying to think of ways out of this. He felt the metal hand slap him across the face and he fell back to the ground. Then there was excrutiating pain as he felt him self being lifted up by one arm. One thing about pain like that. It really does make you pay attention.

Kireek carried Deuce to the balconys edge and dangled him by his arm of the edge. It was a good three strorey drop onto another part of the buildings roof. He raised Deuce up to his eye level and stared at him.

"Enjoy your fall Deuce" He started to let go, and stopped.

The rain patted down on his new head and rolled down his chin and dripped off. He had never felt this before. He had seen others battle along side him in the rain, but never felt the rain itself. It was amazing to him. He had missed out on simple joys like this for so long, now he wanted to enjoy everyone one of them.

This pause gave Deuce the chance he had been looking for. He had seen the varista on Kireeks belt and grabbed out for it. His hand tightened around the handle and he looked up at Kireek, who had only just worked out what he was doing.

"I hope you enjoy the fall to0!" and he squeezed the trigger. The photon bullets ripped through the androids leg and he lost balence, tumbling over the side of the building with Deuce. As they fell, Deuce felt Kireeks grip losen and he kicked himself away from the tumbling android. Then there was a thund as he landed on the ron roof of a storage building and rolled of. He hit the flat roof below it an lay still. His eyes scanned round and he saw the crumpled mess of Kireek, who had landed face first on the concrete roof. A thick, purple pool of lood spread out from where he had landed.

Deuce had finished off the last of the cultist's on his list, and now had killed Kireek. He had finished what he had to do, and now he could leave it all behind. But then a thought crossed his mind. What about all the other androids out there, others wishing to be alive. And the cultist's who served them? His job was far from over.

And Deuce lay there on the roof, the rain pounding down on him. Normally the sun would of shined on a hero who had finished all his tasks and killed a great evil, but thats only in stories. Deuce just lay there in the rain and clicked a button on his wrist, summoning the clean up squad. Then he passed out.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 28, 2002, 09:04 AM
Epilogue

It was 5:00am, the clean up squad had been there for two hours. Deuce had just sat there and watched as they went about there buisness. A medical assistant had come over and and checked him out. He had five broken ribs, a broken nose and his arm was tottally ruined. They had wanted to get him to a medical centre as soon as possible, to see if they could of saved the arm, but Deuce just sat there, staring into oblivion.

At another point, the head of the clean up squad came to debrief him, but Deuce only half listened.

"We picked up the 3 bodies, plus these two...we liked how you sorted everything out...10000 meseta for the first 3, plus an extra 10000 for Kireek and Draco...are you ok?"

Deuce stood up and left. He didnt even wait for them to give him his reward. It would get to him some how. The only thing that was on his mind was what had just happened, the Children of Dark Falz. There could be many more androids like Kireek, and he was going to stop them.

He walked out of the building on his own, and into the darkness on his own. And on his own, he planned to stop the Children of Dark Falz, if it was the last thing he ever did.

Well, thats it for my fan fic. It took a while, but its finished. I hope everyone liked it and didnt spot to many plot holes or any major mistakes i made (my last fic was full of em!). Well, maybe onto planning 'Do Hucasts 2" ?