PDA

View Full Version : Want a legit Heart of Poumn? Then you'll wanna read this

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 05:04 AM
The new quests produce a Heart of Poumn when done properly.

*Ok, now I can post from my DC, so I'll type all this out now, lol*

Okay, first off-do the 'Movie Quest'. You're looking for the ???? Stone. (AMP can post those details since he probalby recalls them better). After you get this stone, take it to the tekker, he'll tekk it, and it'll then become the "Rakonia" Stone. This just happens to be the stone that the 'beautful lady' in the Rappy Quest is looking for. Go load up the rappy quest-but please note, you MUST be ALONE for her to appear.

First, go to the rappy game where you have to find the three brothers. You don't need to beat that game, you just need to talk to the Grandchild rappy (the one concerned about his grandmother.) He'll give you a yellow fruit (instead of a red one if you havent done the Movie quest and gotten the stone first). Take this to the Grandmother rappy (by the Glow ball race game) and she'll give you a 'Handmade Pendant". Now, go to your questboard and keep looking at the pendant. You'll have a conversation with yourself and eventually identify it as a screw. Take that to Gabbie, the mechanically inclined Rappy, and she'll pony up a battery for it.

Now, go to the Chicken Race game, and get either a S or SSrank so it lets you stay in the room once you're done. Go over to the computer terminal and now you are given the option of turning it on. Do so, and you'll then get a prompt asking if you want to signal the master. Do that, and the mysterious beautiful lady will appear, and offer you a Heart of Poumn in exchange for your Rakonia stone.

It has no %s of couse, but it's still an awesome weapon, and now finally obtainable!

Many thanks to AMP-he discoverd this along with me tonight. w00t!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shotie on 2002-05-12 03:13 ]</font>

Russ2576
May 12, 2002, 05:09 AM
So there is something to be gained.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2002-05-12 03:10 ]</font>

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 05:15 AM
Yeah, sorry about posting like that...I typed all that out, and when I originally tried to post it, it gave me an error. I wanted to see if it was gonna let me post at all this time first before I typed all that stuff out...lol ^_^;

Russ2576
May 12, 2002, 05:18 AM
Just 1 question. Which tekker are you referring to? The usual one in the shop or a different one on P2 somewhere?

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 05:21 AM
Just the usual one. He'll have a differnt dialogue than normal, and tekk it for you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Russta
May 12, 2002, 07:05 AM
Will it always be a Heart of Poumn 'cause that pretty useless to me. I mean, i'm assumin you did it as your HUnewearl so maybe if a Ranger did it they may get something different. Anyone confirm that its definatly a Heart of Poumn? Here's hoping...

HyperBomb
May 12, 2002, 08:02 AM
On 2002-05-12 05:05, Russta wrote:
Will it always be a Heart of Poumn 'cause that pretty useless to me. I mean, i'm assumin you did it as your HUnewearl so maybe if a Ranger did it they may get something different. Anyone confirm that its definatly a Heart of Poumn? Here's hoping...

Yeah, that would be nice if the reward were different for different classes. Heart of Poumn is only for HUnewearls, right? Or can all three HUnters use it?

BTW, does anyone know how many people have to play in the "Movie Quest" in order to get the ???? Stone? If it just requires you to not be alone, that's cool. If you MUST have a party of four, that would suck.

I can't believe we're finally getting quests where we can actually earn some of these items. I'm so happy. I could play that Burning Rangers quest all day long.

Hyper Bomb!

TeamPhalanx
May 12, 2002, 08:15 AM
You need at least 2 players for the movie quest. Having only 2 players is probably best, since more players means more chances to screw up. You miss out on the whole chase scene if you go solo.

And yes, it is a HUnewearl only weapon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HyperBomb
May 12, 2002, 08:54 AM
On 2002-05-12 06:15, TeamPhalanx wrote:
You need at least 2 players for the movie quest. Having only 2 players is probably best, since more players means more chances to screw up. You miss out on the whole chase scene if you go solo.

Well, that's cool then. I can get one teammate, no problem.

And yes, it is a HUnewearl only weapon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Poo. I thought so. Isn't it supposed to be Alis' claw, though? Wouldn't she have been like, a HUmarl?

Thanks for the info, though!

Hyper Bomb!

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
May 12, 2002, 09:13 AM
I hate that damn quest......me and Phal did it 9 times.........I didn't know I was supposed to be looking out for a stone. Any idea where to find it?

HyperBomb
May 12, 2002, 09:23 AM
On 2002-05-12 07:13, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
I hate that damn quest......me and Phal did it 9 times.........I didn't know I was supposed to be looking out for a stone. Any idea where to find it?

"At the end", is what I'm hearing. I haven't played it yet, but there's a point where you have the chance to "rescue" your teammates if they have been attacked by these spirit-things? Anyway, if you lose teammates and choose to rescue them, you get a Friendship Stone(I think). That's not what you want. You need to complete the quest without "losing" any teammates, and if you do, you get the ???? Stone.

I think.

Hyper Bomb!

TeamPhalanx
May 12, 2002, 09:40 AM
I'm still trying to get it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

After about 6 hours of sleep, first thing I did after waking up was turn on the DC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

AMP
May 12, 2002, 11:42 AM
All you will get is a Heart of Poumn. When doing the movie quest, I think you need to make a perfect run (I know we did it that way), meaning you sucessfully complete each part w/o anyone getting caught. Some of you may have gotten the Friendship Fragment from this quest, well when you do it right, you will see the ???? Stone fall from the ceiling in the same manor that the Friendship Fragment does.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
May 12, 2002, 01:12 PM
Small question.. if you have the Friendship Fragment from the Garon quest.. and get another Friendship Fragment from the Rappy quest.. do they combine or anything?

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 01:54 PM
I am not sure-I haven't gotten two Friendship Fragments. I do believe you either get the Friendship fragment in the Garon's Treachery quest, or you get the ???? Stone, but not both.

And for whoever mentioned it-AMP and I did this with our rangers, and we got the Heart of Poumn. No other quests have given you class specific weapons simply dependant on your class, so I doubt they'd start now.

HyperBomb
May 12, 2002, 02:07 PM
On 2002-05-12 11:54, Shotie wrote:

No other quests have given you class specific weapons simply dependant on your class, so I doubt they'd start now.

That's true. I don't know why I didn't think of that. That's just kinda weak of them to give away only one weapon that only one class can use.

It's better than nothing though. At least we got these quests. Heart of Poumn and Mark3? It's a start. Maybe this is the beginning of something wonderful...

Hyper Bomb!

TedEdFred
May 12, 2002, 02:33 PM
On 2002-05-12 11:12, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Small question.. if you have the Friendship Fragment from the Garon quest.. and get another Friendship Fragment from the Rappy quest.. do they combine or anything?

Nope. If you have the one from the movie quest when you try to do the stamp rally (which gets you the friendship fragment) it will say that the stamp rally is done for the day.

TedEdFred
May 12, 2002, 02:53 PM
Me and IceBlink did it, and we played it perfectly. Previous 13 or so tries didn't go so well... two people is best.

TeamPhalanx
May 12, 2002, 04:10 PM
What difficulty mode did you guys complete it on?

TedEdFred
May 12, 2002, 04:13 PM
Normal

HUnewearl_Meira
May 12, 2002, 05:26 PM
On 2002-05-12 06:54, HyperBomb wrote:

On 2002-05-12 06:15, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Well, that's cool then. I can get one teammate, no problem.

Poo. I thought so. Isn't it supposed to be Alis' claw, though? Wouldn't she have been like, a HUmarl?

Thanks for the info, though!

Hyper Bomb!

Actually, Alis always used a Sword. The Heart of Poum, if it is indeed a weapon from previous games, would most likely be the Silver Tusk, seen first in the original Phantasy Star, then next in Phantasy Star 2, in which case, in the original, it was used by Myau, the Muskcat, while in PS4, it was given to Rika (who would be considered a HUnewearl) by "the old man," whom we assume to be Myau.

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 05:26 PM
AMP and I beat it on Very Hard mode. There is a small chance that the quests might produce other results in Ultimate mode, though I doubt it.

TeamPhalanx
May 12, 2002, 05:57 PM
GRRRR.... After nearly 11 hours of trying for a total of "take 21," I managed to get the ???? stone in Ultimate mode (with Xx_FrosT_xX assistance) The part that sucks is that it makes NO difference what difficulty you do the quests on. You don't get any % on the weapon for doing the quests on Ultimate mode.

Shotie
May 12, 2002, 06:14 PM
So then the obvious solution is to do it on the easiest mode for your characters level that gets you the most experience. ^_^

HyperBomb
May 13, 2002, 07:39 AM
On 2002-05-12 15:26, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Actually, Alis always used a Sword. The Heart of Poum, if it is indeed a weapon from previous games, would most likely be the Silver Tusk, seen first in the original Phantasy Star, then next in Phantasy Star 2, in which case, in the original, it was used by Myau, the Muskcat, while in PS4, it was given to Rika (who would be considered a HUnewearl) by "the old man," whom we assume to be Myau.

But the Heart of Poumn's description on this very site reads as follows:

"A Laconiatask tempered with the Eclipse Torch's flame. Also known as Alis' Claw."

I know that Alis used swords, and is always pictured with one, but wasn't she able to use claws too? It's been so long since I've played Phantasy Star....

Hyper Bomb!

Malkavian
May 13, 2002, 12:05 PM
I needed many tries to do it in Ult too >_< like 30, funny thing is I only failed 3 times, but oh well finally done ugh.
Someone want it the heart of poum? heh I don't have HUnewearl... u_u but it was cool to do it.This time Sonic team did such a nice work making these quest, very original http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

What are your mini games records??
In 3 brothers mini game my best is 15 seconds
In spheres race 65 seconds
In catch the spheres 36 balls

the spheres race is boring as hell lol

TedEdFred
May 13, 2002, 02:07 PM
3 Brothers: 14 Sec
Falling Balls: 40

TeamPhalanx
May 13, 2002, 02:57 PM
Glow Catchball: 48
Find 3 Brothers: 14 seconds
Glowball race: 48 seconds

Crawurm
May 14, 2002, 07:54 PM
Falling balls: 31
Borthers: N/A (don't remember http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )
Ball race: 43 Seconds

can anyone help me with the movie quest?
I did it solo (it was so-so hard but managable, maps always helpful http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )and didn't get the ???? stone. I got the Shiva stone and i took it to the tekker but well it was already ID'd :/

AMP
May 14, 2002, 08:21 PM
Glowball Race: 46 secs
Find the 3 Brothers: 11 secs
Glowball Catch: 36 balls

Shotie
May 15, 2002, 03:19 AM
Glowball Race: 29 secs
Find the 3 Brothers: 32 secs
Glowball Catch: 41 balls

Lileya
May 24, 2002, 02:25 PM
Ok, retard question : HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVADE THOSE STUPID GHOSTS?!?!? O_O

Everytime they caught me, it seems impossible to avoid them... o_O

TeamPhalanx
May 24, 2002, 03:09 PM
3 stages to the ghosts..

1) 4 will come at you every 10 seconds. If you stand still and don't attack, they won't approach you.

2) 1 will chase the whole team. Try to have one person act as decoy while other kills; run around a lot

3) Wave will chase you. Run.

Shotie
May 24, 2002, 08:01 PM
The blue ball that chases you will usually go after whoever is closest to it-so having one person get it's attention while the other focuses on killing shit is usually the best idea. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif A warning bell will sound when the ball gets close...listen for that, and run like hell when you hear it.

DRM
Jun 12, 2002, 09:59 PM
thanks shotie for the info