PDA

View Full Version : A wish for Section IDs in GCN PSO.

Kupi
May 14, 2002, 07:32 PM
I think that the single best thing they could do for the Section ID system in GCN PSO is to let the players choose their own IDs. I, personally, hate the idea of the name determining the Section ID, since I tend to be stingy about changing a character's name (E.G. I refuse to turn "Kupi" into "Kupi!" for the sake of the ID. If I did, it'd annoy me to no end.). If they'd just tell you what finds what and let you pick for yourself, things'd be a lot easier on the players.

Of course, there's favorable IDs for each class, but does it really matter if there are ones that only Hunters would want and those that only Forces would want? Speaking of Forces, Pinkal isn't necessarily the only ID for them. They need a lot of money for -Fluids (Yellowboze) and a good armor for protection (Redria), so there's still a choice there... assuming that Sonic Team fixes the appearance ratio and stuff like that.

That's all. Sorry if it came off as a whine/rant. And feel free to post your opinions. ^_^

TeamPhalanx
May 14, 2002, 08:03 PM
1) I want them to take the % of finding rare items are multiply it by 5. Yes, it'll mean that every enemy you kill in Ultimate Caves will drop CHAIN SAWD, but the benefits are worth it.

2) I want all players to have the ability to change your section id at a whim. I've found one to many FLAME VISIT in V-Hard Ruins with my HUmar, and a change would be nice.

Riel
May 15, 2002, 07:46 AM
That's a great idea Kupi and i agree about the chance for finding rares Phalanx..hopefully,those are the things they will or are testing in the GC trial.

Kupi
May 15, 2002, 02:41 PM
The only problem with switching IDs at will is that it removes the concept of trading for items you can't usually get yourself. Granted that this doesn't work in the current PSO environment, but ideally a... I dunno, Skyly HUmar could trade off a really good Saber-type weapon for a Pinkal Force's spare level 15 disk.

I like the idea of more rare occurances, though. Especially if we could get more from quests. Here's another new idea (and probably off-topic, but oh well): you can only play one quest at a time (meaning, for example, you get Battle Training and that's it), offline. Each quest has several possible outcomes (let's say, Ash dies within the quest, or Ash stays alive). For each outcome, there's a different follow-up quest, and at the end of every branch of quests you get a rare item.

I hope that came out right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
May 15, 2002, 04:21 PM
I really don't like Phanatsy Star Offline...

avai
May 15, 2002, 09:31 PM
But if you make the rares occure more often they would lose there sense of rarity and awe at one who found one.

Malkavian
May 16, 2002, 02:08 PM
I like the rares system but well is really hard to say since we couldnt try it at all in dreamcast.Cheating started very soon.Knowing some people will cheat maybe they should change all the idea about trading between ID.
Actually I prefer they improve anti-cheating than a change in ID system

Rosia
May 17, 2002, 03:16 AM
On 2002-05-15 12:41, Kupi wrote:

I like the idea of more rare occurances, though. Especially if we could get more from quests. Here's another new idea (and probably off-topic, but oh well): you can only play one quest at a time (meaning, for example, you get Battle Training and that's it), offline. Each quest has several possible outcomes (let's say, Ash dies within the quest, or Ash stays alive). For each outcome, there's a different follow-up quest, and at the end of every branch of quests you get a rare item.

I hope that came out right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Actually, that's one of the best ideas I've heard for a while! I'd love to see Mome die, simply because I'm sadistic, and Mome sucks!

DESTRUCKTOR
Jun 2, 2002, 11:22 AM
And you can go to the website to download quests, so you dont need to buy HL to download quests

Malkavian
Jun 2, 2002, 12:03 PM
On 2002-06-02 09:22, DESTRUCKTOR wrote:
And you can go to the website to download quests, so you dont need to buy HL to download quests

I'm sure that won't happen.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DESTRUCKTOR
Jun 3, 2002, 06:33 AM
Hope is the last one to die