PDA

View Full Version : DAMNED SUNBURN!

Eihwaz
Jun 11, 2004, 09:40 PM
Lesson Learned: Never fall asleep while laying out on the beach...in Florida...at 2 PM...with no sunblock on...>__>;

For a couple of days, my entire stomach, chest, and upper arms were beet-red. Now, it's healed a bit, now it's just my chest and arms.

But it itches like a motherfucker. Noxema, aloe-vera gel...nothing can tame this ungodly fire.

Any tips for relieving this damnable ITCHY?

_Ted_
Jun 11, 2004, 11:30 PM
Buy some Solarcane (sp?), it's some stuff that comes in an aresol can. You spray it on your skin and the burn, itch, etc. goes away. Don't know if you can buy it in Florida though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Esoteric
Jun 12, 2004, 01:39 AM
My only suggestion would be to keep the burned areas uncovered as much as possible and to stick with Aloe Vera which works best in my opinion. Also if you blow a fan on your skin with the gel on it makes it cool down really fast.

opaopajr
Jun 12, 2004, 04:17 AM
you want to heal the skin as fast as you can so anything with aloe-vera is essential to rehydrate the 'crispity-crunchity' skin. but also it's important to stop the scratching, because that affects the healing by causing additional irritation. scratching is like carving nice grooves into your new and tender skin (the stuff underneath the peeling skin).

i suggest Solarcaine as well, stops the itch cold. But i suggest that after applying a good hydrating lotion. I'd also suggest Lanacaine, an anti-itch cream with lots of aloe-vera, use moderately though, it's still medicine. Also alveeno oatmeal baths are great. Be very careful with hydrocortizone, it easily can start itching again because too often people apply too much, or never wash off the old cream absorbed in.

lotion, lotion, lotion. it's your friend. you want to heal the skin.

and good heavens what on earth were you doing laying out in the sun?? we get vitamin D through multivitamins and milk nowadays! we get tans through a bottle! the only thing we need the sun for is to grow other living things, heat our planet, and power our solar panels. after that you should avoid it like the plague! think of the wrinkles! and what about the moles, dear god! and cancer!! aiyee! and it can cause you to sweat and ruin your foundation! dear lord, avoid that sun! slather yourself in sunblock and lotion before stepping outside and exposing yourself to that several trillion megaton nuclear reaction in the sky. use artificial light like god intended http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif