PDA

View Full Version : I'll ask for your opinion next time

anwserman
Jun 12, 2004, 04:25 PM
My mother is a bitch.
She can make any happy situation for me and turn it into a complete 180.

I go to K-Mart today and bought myself some new workout shirts (cheapo Fruit of the Loom 6pack) and I bought a pair of jean shorts that were on sale. OK, I try on size 34 and find out that for those shorts that they were too big. So, I try on a 32, and they're a little snug but nothing that would irritate the hell out of me; wearing them would break 'em in anyway.

So, I go home and tell them that I'm home and that I was at K-Mart. I proudly show my new clothes and tell my mom to look at the size on the shorts and she gets FUCKING ORNERY. She then tells me that I'm losing too much weight and that I'm 6'1" and that I have no business wearing 32" shorts and that I'm becoming nothing sizewise. Yup, I was no officially angry and decided to beat her at her own game.

So, I searched online for several weight/height charts, and found out that the average weight for a male my frame (big) and my height (see above) lies within 168-190 pounds. I want to hit 180 and I'm currently 208. Technically, I'm still overweight.

Guess who is printing off these wealth of charts to leave out for her to see. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RFB
Jun 12, 2004, 04:45 PM
Hit her where it hurts: in their desire of always being right over us.

geewj
Jun 12, 2004, 05:19 PM
Err...sounds more like she was concerned rather than spiteful.

AUTO_
Jun 13, 2004, 01:50 AM
On 2004-06-12 15:19, Prof_Frink wrote:

True...but why would someone be concerned that a (statistically) overweight person was losing weight?

anwserman
Jun 13, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-06-12 23:50, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2004-06-12 15:19, Prof_Frink wrote:

True...but why would someone be concerned that a (statistically) overweight person was losing weight?

Well, she wrote me back a note today (noting that it seems that notes are my preferred method of communication now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and she said that she is really proud of my work, but is just concerned that I might be losing too much weight too fast. She might be right there, but then again I've been going at it since January... I degress.

Irregardless, what really pissed me off about what she did yesterday was the lack of tact involved and the bluntness and straightforwardness she exibited. Granted, I'm the same way at times so I guess... we're mother and son.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 13, 2004, 10:55 AM
Well, if you are currently 208, and you started in Jan, what did you weigh then? Consider you're previous and current weights and then see, on average, how fast you lost it.

geewj
Jun 13, 2004, 09:16 PM
On 2004-06-13 08:15, anwserman wrote:

Well, she wrote me back a note today (noting that it seems that notes are my preferred method of communication now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and she said that she is really proud of my work, but is just concerned that I might be losing too much weight too fast. She might be right there, but then again I've been going at it since January... I degress.

And that, Auto, was my point.

Armok
Jun 14, 2004, 01:13 PM
Jan is 6 months ago. Seems like a 10 lbs a month aint too bad. Rapid weight loss is very dangerous and can cause terrible internal damage. although from what you have said you have not some much been dieting but just doing a hell of a lot of running at the gym and such. Whatever your mum says as long as you aint feeling any side effects such as dizziness or pains you'll be ok I expect.