PDA

View Full Version : Halo

derBauer
Jun 14, 2004, 05:56 PM
OK, enough with Halo. I am so sick of hearing about frikkin halo. I've been hearing its the "greatest game ever" from Halo fanboys since the Xbox debuted.
I saw a post on a different board about what halo 3 will be like! Are you kidding me? Halo 2 is scheduled for November and it will probably be delayed again.
I love telling Halo fanboys I don't think it is the best ever. It really gets their 15 year old blood boiling and the "you prob haven't played it" chants start right up. Then when I say I own it the "You're too stupid for it", "You don't get it", "It was too hard for you", or "it was too good for you" start right up.
Actually I did "get it" and I beat it on Legendary and still was unimpressed.

Cannibal-Snowman
Jun 14, 2004, 06:43 PM
I kinda agree with you. Halo is overrated, but it's still fun when you play it with friends. I think the single player mode is similar to most FPS games, but the multiplayer is awesome.

While I don't think Halo is a good game, I don't think it's bad either. It's just fun to play.

But then again, my opinion probably doesn't matter.

Mixfortune
Jun 14, 2004, 08:37 PM
To me, Halo is not the best game ever made. Yes, it's fun, especially multiplayer system link (which we play regularly with our 3 Xboxes... don't ask why we have that many -_-), but it's not worth all the hype it gets still. If I were to ask someone for a good game on Xbox, and the first response I get a majority of the time is "Halo", then that tells me something is a bit wrong with the Xbox... when one of its earliest titles is still trying to pull everything.

While true, it could be said the same for Super Smash Brothers: Melee for the Gamecube, there are still a bit more games that are at least recommended for those getting the system. I suppose it depends on your outlook, but Halo is pulling more weight than it really should. It's not a good sign if it's pulling as much weight in the fanbase as this.

Outrider
Jun 14, 2004, 09:22 PM
I think Halo is a very fun game, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Oddly enough, I really like the storyline, limited as it is.

But best game ever? Please. It's fun, but it gets way too much credit.

I'd actually find it difficult for a standard FPS to EVER be considered "best game ever."

_Ted_
Jun 14, 2004, 09:35 PM
Heh, what a coincidence, I just bought halo today.

I've played it plenty before and loved it. I'm looking forward to Halo 2 as well.

derBauer
Jun 14, 2004, 09:59 PM
I think Halo 2 will be a candidate for best game ever. Halo was far from it.

Para
Jun 14, 2004, 10:02 PM
Lol... Halo... Halo 2...
I know this one guy who won't shut up about Halo and Halo 2 and Xbox this and Xbox that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarthFomar
Jun 14, 2004, 10:11 PM
Halo is fun......Halo 2 will be ever more fun, and I can't wait *and the official release date has been announced...I don't think it's going to be delayed anymore, unless by some fluke*

Is Halo the best game ever?!...no. But, it's one of the best.

When people say it's the best game ever...they are usually referring to their opinions {because it's probably their favorite game at that time} *so just remember that the next time you hear it*.

I don't think there is such a thing as a factual "Best Game Ever"......is there?!

Personally, ***MY*** favorite/best game preference is "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow" *or just the Splinter Cell franchise in general*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Although, Halo is extremely fun in multiplayer and the story is very immersive, and the gameplay was the best of it's kind *when it was first released*. I really enjoy Halo.........but no, it isn't the best game of all time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-14 20:13 ]</font>

Bradicus
Jun 14, 2004, 10:18 PM
My reaction to halo:

These levels suck, lets play that valley one again.
These controls are great... why do i have to use the giant controller?
Heh, they scream when you bomb them.
Oh! I can be the orange commando or the green commando. decisions decisions...
Shotgun! yay!
Who wants to go throw lawn darts around?

And so we did.

Eihwaz
Jun 15, 2004, 09:41 AM
On 2004-06-14 19:22, Outrider wrote:
I think Halo is a very fun game, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Oddly enough, I really like the storyline, limited as it is.

I'd actually find it difficult for a standard FPS to EVER be considered "best game ever."

Yeah, I agree, Outrider. It's a good game, but it's not the best game ever.

And it does have a cool storyline. It gets a lot deeper once you start dealing with the Flood. Until that point, it's a fairly basic sci-fi tale.

Rainbowlemon
Jun 15, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-06-15 07:41, Eihwaz wrote:

And it does have a cool storyline. It gets a lot deeper once you start dealing with the Flood. Until that point, it's a fairly basic sci-fi tale.

I also agree http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I really enjoyed Halo time, and sometimes it's nice to gather up again with my friends every once in a while and have a massive system-link gathering, but it's not the game it once was - with the onset of newer, more advanced games, Halo is being pushed to the back for better games to take it's place.

Personally, I still think Super Metroid on the SNES is the best game ever, and I will officially issue slaps to anyone that hasn't played it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Allos
Jun 15, 2004, 01:51 PM
On 2004-06-15 07:41, Eihwaz wrote:

I agree as well. I have Halo for PC and I love playing it, but it's still not the best game ever and it is a little overhyped.

The thing that annoys me the most about the Flood though is that they look like walking space tumors and for the scenes that led up to their introduction I was disappointed when I saw what they were. But hey, whaddya gonna do?

Evil_Althena8
Jun 15, 2004, 02:27 PM
Halo's only truly entertaining with system link. I've played 12 player Halo before, it was rather fun.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 15, 2004, 02:29 PM
I get tired of people who think they are big and bad in all video games because they can play Halo, but when they play anything other than it they suck.

Also im tired of the excuse of "I can beat you in Halo" when they don't.....it is sad what Halo has done.

Sord
Jun 15, 2004, 02:35 PM
On 2004-06-14 20:18, Bradicus wrote:
My reaction to halo:

These levels suck, lets play that valley one again.
These controls are great... why do i have to use the giant controller?
Heh, they scream when you bomb them.
Oh! I can be the orange commando or the green commando. decisions decisions...
Shotgun! yay!
Who wants to go throw lawn darts around?

And so we did.

that was my reaction, though I liked the ice level to, and the fact that lawn darts are probably not even sold around here.

I've beaten it on legendary, easily, and so have all my friends. Personally I think the storyline needs some serious work. However, multiplayer of 4 or above in a shoot 'em up is teh best with Halo IMO.

Outrider
Jun 15, 2004, 03:03 PM
On 2004-06-15 12:29, Shattered_weasel wrote:
I get tired of people who think they are big and bad in all video games because they can play Halo, but when they play anything other than it they suck.

Ugh... that bugs me so much. Mostly when you have people (casual gamers) using it as the definitive videogame.

I dunno... last semester there was some weekend where all the residence halls around me competed in different events. One of them was a videogame tournament, which I was psyched about... but then I found out it was only going to be Halo.

What the heck is that? If you're having a gaming tournament, you should have more than one game, or at least a more definitive one than Halo!

AquaFlare7
Jun 15, 2004, 05:05 PM
The best game ever would be the first game ever, for without that there would be no games at all.

As far as Halo is concerned, I definately loved the game but me and buddies used to go all out lan party style for so long it gets old =/ I havent touched that game or even my Xbox in a couple of months now. When you have a high speed computer why bye an xbox? The better games on the box are brought to pc anyways.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 15, 2004, 05:23 PM
I've not played a lot of Halo, myself, seeing as I lack the ownership of an Xbox.

From what I've played and seen, however, I am rather impressed. Not so much with the graphics, but simply put, I can definitely understand why it's gotten so much praise.

Personally though, the thing that really impresses me is how easy it is to go against the rules of the game, and do the things that you aren't really supposed to do. Having ample detail in the game's physics in one aspect, while having a convenient lack of detail in another aspect can lead to the kind of game system abuse that can really take boredom and make it funnier.

Quite honestly, if I had an Xbox (or maybe just a computer that meets or exceeds the PC version's minimum requirements), I would play it for the express purpose of going Multiplayer and playing, "Can I Get It Up There?" with Warthogs, or maybe just to launch a buddy from a Warthog, and try to hit him in the air with a rocket. Now, while this may not be a particular selling point for the game, I find myself to be greatly amused by the concept, and I'm rather interested in finding out how else weapons, vehicles and physics can be abused in this game.

That's my thought on it, at least. Be thankful that the single most popular game on the console is a respectable FPS. Without it, Xbox fanboys might be raving about Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball.

Eihwaz
Jun 15, 2004, 07:27 PM
On 2004-06-15 15:23, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Without it, Xbox fanboys might be raving about Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball.

Yeah, aren't we glad they don't all go do that. >__>;

"OMG NUDE CHEATS 4 U LWOLZ"

PaleKid15
Jun 15, 2004, 09:31 PM
Ahh Halo... how i despise thee.

Halo is a super generic FPS with poor weapon selection and repetitive level design. The graphics would be better, if all the levels didn't look the same. It isn't horrible, but it is close.

Sadly, the "twitch" gamers of today will love anything that they get to blow stuff up in, especially if they can blow up their friends. Time Splitters 2 is superior to Halo (or as I like to call it "hollow" due to its empty headed design) in many ways, but gets no credit. The only thing Halo has going for it is online play (now very common, better shooters available) and 2 player co-op (rainbow 6 for N64 is better).

I hate Halo and those who worship it. If you have fun with the game, then good for you. If you think it is the best game ever, then kill yourslef.

Outrider
Jun 15, 2004, 10:07 PM
Err... just to be fair:

Co-op is only on the X-Box version of Halo, and (official) online play is only on the PC version. So I mean... it doesn't really have both.

anwserman
Jun 15, 2004, 11:15 PM
Better yet:

Halo is the only reason to own an X-Box!

Odd, the lure of getting JSRF for free (nevermind you Sega GT 2002) was the selling point for me, and never Halo.

Link00seven
Jun 16, 2004, 07:41 AM
Halo's a sweet game, but def not the best game ever. No FPS is the best game ever...I dont care how good it is.

PJ
Jun 16, 2004, 11:01 AM
On 2004-06-16 05:41, Linkooseven wrote:
Halo's a sweet game, but def not the best game ever. No FPS is the best game ever...I dont care how good it is.

Actually, a better statement would probably be that no game can be the best, since there are so many different types of games. You [Might] be able to have a best game of a certain type, but not an all-around best game.

And answerman, are they still selling JSRF with XBox? I really want that game @__@

anwserman
Jun 16, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-06-16 09:01, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2004-06-16 05:41, Linkooseven wrote:

Actually, a better statement would probably be that no game can be the best, since there are so many different types of games. You [Might] be able to have a best game of a certain type, but not an all-around best game.

And answerman, are they still selling JSRF with XBox? I really want that game @__@

No, it was the deal for Christmas 2002, unfortunately. However, if you can find it in a store it will be priced at the bargin-basement value of $4.99-$9.99. If not, try eBay or Amazon.com. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Noone
Jun 16, 2004, 03:55 PM
It wasn't a gripping intense game. I think it is overhyped i'm still more impressed by other fps shooters like Half life and n64 goldeneye. I enjoyed halo as a just a game where you mindlessly shoot things the vehicles were nice touch though. Although there could be more weapons.

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 03:32 AM
On 2004-06-16 13:55, Noone wrote:
It wasn't a gripping intense game. I think it is overhyped i'm still more impressed by other fps shooters like Half life and n64 goldeneye. I enjoyed halo as a just a game where you mindlessly shoot things the vehicles were nice touch though. Although there could be more weapons.

If Halo is mindless then surely Half-life is mindless as well. Unless you're talking about Counter-Strike *which has more multiplayer depth than Halo*.

On 2004-06-15 12:35, Sord wrote:
I've beaten it on legendary, easily, and so have all my friends.

There's no way you could have beaten Legendary mode *easily*, there's a reason it's called "Legendary" {though I'm not doubting you beat legendary, I'm doubting you had it so *easy*}. It takes even the most hardcore veterans several *extremely exhausting* tries to beat Legendary, and some probably don't succeed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

And beating "Legendary" by yourself is a totally different story, than beating it in co-op. In co-op the second/first player can hide while the other fights.....then dies.......then respawns.....then fights again. In single player.....that's not allowed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Legendary isn't something to snuff at......it's challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-17 01:34 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jun 17, 2004, 09:33 AM
On 2004-06-17 01:32, DarthFomar wrote:
If Halo is mindless then surely Half-life is mindless as well. Unless you're talking about Counter-Strike *which has more multiplayer depth than Halo*

seriously, when people start saying that halo takes so much skill to play, i tell them to plant themselves in front of a computer with Cstrike and have them play. nine times out of ten they will suck horribly, wondering where their auto-guided crosshairs and never-missing-never-recoiling weapons are. i went to a friends halo lan party once, owned everything without trying, and was never invited back because i made the game no fun. but, getting off of that tanget, halo is a crappy fps AT BEST in the realm of actual skill involved. its just like the people in counterstrike saying they'll own you in iceworld. (dont even get the chupacabra started on that)

all in all, the game is shit. it looks nice, and has a once-over feel to it. the storyline was alright, although it was seriously shallow. i think that most of the fanboys that play it have never played a fps that required skill, or have only played Cstrike 1.6 (another tanget for another time) as a referance.

the halo fanboys are generally morons that need to die and go away, along with the atkins idiots and political assholes.

There's no way you could have beaten Legendary mode *easily*, there's a reason it's called "Legendary" {though I'm not doubting you beat legendary, I'm doubting you had it so *easy*}. It takes even the most hardcore veterans several *extremely exhausting* tries to beat Legendary, and some probably don't succeed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

And beating "Legendary" by yourself is a totally different story, than beating it in co-op. In co-op the second/first player can hide while the other fights.....then dies.......then respawns.....then fights again. In single player.....that's not allowed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Legendary isn't something to snuff at......it's challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
[/quote]
my ass.

i beat halo on legendary without even trying. its just spray util you run out of bullets and hide while you reload. seriously, the game is unchallenging and the gun physics are so abhorable it would make a seasoned Cstrike player vomit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-06-17 08:50 ]</font>

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 05:43 PM
On 2004-06-17 07:33, KaFKa wrote:

If Halo is mindless then surely Half-life is mindless as well. Unless you're talking about Counter-Strike *which has more multiplayer depth than Halo*

seriously, when people start saying that halo takes so much skill to play, i tell them to plant themselves in front of a computer with Cstrike and have them play. nine times out of ten they will suck horribly, wondering where their auto-guided crosshairs and never-missing-never-recoiling weapons are. i went to a friends halo lan party once, owned everything without trying, and was never invited back because i made the game no fun. but, getting off of that tanget, halo is a crappy fps AT BEST in the realm of actual skill involved. its just like the people in counterstrike saying they'll own you in iceworld. (dont even get the chupacabra started on that)

all in all, the game is shit. it looks nice, and has a once-over feel to it. the storyline was alright, although it was seriously shallow. i think that most of the fanboys that play it have never played a fps that required skill, or have only played Cstrike 1.6 (another tanget for another time) as a referance.

the halo fanboys are generally morons that need to die and go away, along with the atkins idiots and political assholes.

Like I said......."Unless you're talking about Counter-Strike......." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Counter-Strike is more challenging on the fact that it is based on a more realistic feel.

Halo is a *fantasy FPS*.......usually people who aren't good in Halo aren't good in most Fps games. So you're logic is actually reasonable. Halo is essentially easy in Multiplayer *depending on who you play, sometimes*, so....if you're a seasoned Counter-Strike vet, Halo should literally be a breeze in multiplayer mode.

But, Half-Life's single player is just as mindless as Halo's single player........if you can even call it mindless.

On 2004-06-17 07:33, KaFKa wrote:

my ass.

i beat halo on legendary without even trying. its just spray util you run out of bullets and hide while you reload. seriously, the game is unchallenging and the gun physics are so abhorable it would make a seasoned Cstrike player vomit.

The few versions of Counter-Strike that have a single player mode are a total breeze on *Expert difficulty* {compared} to the tenacity of Halo's *Legendary* mode.

Seriously, I have both Halo and Counter-Strike for Xbox. I can set all the standards for Counter-Strike's *Expert mode* on their most difficult settings and still dominate the game *fairly easy*. But, Halo's *Legendary* mode is a different story........it is extremely difficult. On this mode, ammo is rare at the least. Enemies are packed in large groups *who just happen to have tons of grenades*, enemies have a really high endurance to gunfire, etc, etc.

Point.......you are lucky to even survive in a solo Legendary Adventure.

Counter-Strike is still a number one multiplayer game, because of the realistic difficulty. I can't argue that. But, Halo's "Legendary" single player NPC's can be extremely rough at times. Unlike the NPC's in most other FPS games *on the hardest difficulties*.

And yes......Halo's multiplayer mode isn't the hardest, but it's still fun at least. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-17 15:54 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jun 17, 2004, 08:09 PM
Meh, from what ive played, Halo is garbage, like the rest of Xbox games.

Maybe I'm biased because I hate Xbox controllers more than any other electronic item in the world.

The only reasons I would want an Xbox are for Panzer dragoon orta, and, >_> DOA: XBV <_<

darthsaber9x9
Jun 17, 2004, 08:45 PM
i concur that timesplitters 2 is far better. go for 8 player link up parties!!

and as candidate for the most fun ive had on a game? shining force 3 on the SEGA SATURN *shock*

seriously that game was pretty much perfect for me. its the only rpg i actually kept comming back to

and i have played halo for a brief few momets(literally) and i wasnt overly impressed. what does it do that quake didnt do in the 90's?

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 11:39 PM
On 2004-06-17 18:45, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
and i have played halo for a brief few momets(literally) and i wasnt overly impressed. what does it do that quake didnt do in the 90's?

Halo was literally a break-through when it was first released. It had vehicles......quake didn't, it has the gun-bash feature. There's a few main differences. Want more, go read the official website *features section*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Quake is completely different from Halo, just as Halo is completely different from Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament 2004.

People that bash Halo may as well bash the original Doom while they're at it. Seems they have something in common.......they literally took FPS games to the next level. There was no melee weapon fighting in FPS games before Halo, nor were there vehicles that you could actually pilot like an actual racing/flying game. In Doom's case, there was no such thing as an FPS before it came along........... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'm not a rabid Halo fanatic *at least I don't think I am http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*.......but I can surely appreciate the light it has shown upon the industry. And yes it does get boring after several, upon several hours of play. But, doesn't a majority of games these days tend to do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jun 17, 2004, 11:44 PM
On 2004-06-17 21:39, DarthFomar wrote:
There was no melee weapon fighting in FPS games before Halo

What about Medal of Honor?

derBauer
Jun 17, 2004, 11:48 PM
Even mentioning using guns as melee weapons when making your argument for Halo as being great is a joke. That would be like me saying Spy Hunter is the best driving game ever because it included oil spills.

DarthFomar
Jun 17, 2004, 11:49 PM
On 2004-06-17 21:44, Outrider wrote:

There was no melee weapon fighting in FPS games before Halo

What about Medal of Honor?

Did medal of honor use the butt of the gun thing?! *asking nicely, btw, out of pure curiousity*

Wasn't medal of honor released after Halo?!

Maybe I should rephrase that to "there was no gun-butt fighting in FPS games before Halo"?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Counter-Strike had the knife, but it wasn't an officially released "Valve" game back in 2k1, was it?! *I'm not entirely sure on that, I'm probably unbelievably wrong* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

And I didn't say using melee weapons in FPS games was great........

But, it is exceptional. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-18 09:05 ]</font>

burnningthings3
Jun 17, 2004, 11:54 PM
For a simple Replay for to day : I agree my friends can't play enough of it, Me, I have my limits of playing time on a game. Halo ain't to high on my chart. 10 min at max. XP

Outrider
Jun 18, 2004, 01:11 PM
Well, the first Medal of Honor came out on the Playstation, and probably even earlier on the PC, so I'd have to say that it came out well before Halo. And I'm fairly sure that all Medal of Honor games have used the "gun-butt" melee attacks.

I agree with derBauer, though. It is kind of silly to say that's one way that Halo revolutionized gaming or whatever.

Blitzkommando
Jun 18, 2004, 02:32 PM
Halo was, and is, fun. But.. for my favorite FPS? Half-Life, hands down. From Counter-Strike, to Opposing Force, to all the mods, it just has so many features, so many games, so much to do with it, and all the little hidden things, jokes, etc. I believe if there never had been Half-Life, FPS would be much duller, online multiplayer would not be the same, and puzzles not nearly as well imployed into storylines. Look at it this way, play Half-Life, then Halo. You will most likely see little things that are identical, much with the gameplay. I look forward to Half-Life 2, then Doom III, then Halo II. But... I prefer FPS on PC myself, no matter how good the console controls, they are NEVER as good as PC, IMO. And please... no fanboy responses about controls, that is just how I play it, how I feel comfortable, which is why I love the PC version so much more than Xbox...

Oh, and Valve did release Counter-Strike for download... in 1999, as an addon. Just to answer the question, yes it was Valve made, which interrestingly enough, they also helped with the PC version of Halo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-06-18 12:34 ]</font>

Sord
Jun 18, 2004, 02:51 PM

[/quote]
As KaFKa stated, it is easy to beat. and I didn't say co-Op did I? Sure, the ammo is lower and the enemies stats higher, but just make your shots count, use cover (which is litterally all over the place) and use the grenades sparingly and it's a breeze. I mean, half the time you can throw a frag on a higher class alien, they'll run screaming to their friends with the bomb on it and kill all of them for you.

As for all the FPS games your all talking about, I've personally never played them. The only ones I've ever played are Halo (at friends) Deus Ex (the first for PC, came with new video card) Metroid Prime (friends), and UT3 (step-dad got demo, we both like it and bought the game, I 0wned it and plenty of online players, more so on capture the flag and bombing run then the other modes.) Now I can't even play T rated games cause my parents have decided no violent games around my little brothers (they're bi-polar) I'm not even allowed to play Deus Ex or UT3 anymore either. You guys all got it good when it comes to FPS. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Outrider
Jun 18, 2004, 04:49 PM
On 2004-06-18 12:32, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I look forward to Half-Life 2, then Doom III, then Halo II.

See, I could easily rant more about Doom III than Halo, but I'm not going to.

But back on-topic, I really don't think there are many serious gamers out there that would consider Halo the best game ever. At least not now. There may be lots of casual gamers who are swept up in the console wars and only have a handful of games for their one system... Halo being one of them.

DarthFomar
Jun 19, 2004, 01:12 AM
On 2004-06-18 14:49, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-06-18 12:32, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I look forward to Half-Life 2, then Doom III, then Halo II.

See, I could easily rant more about Doom III than Halo, but I'm not going to.

But back on-topic, I really don't think there are many serious gamers out there that would consider Halo the best game ever. At least not now. There may be lots of casual gamers who are swept up in the console wars and only have a handful of games for their one system... Halo being one of them.

Blitz, I like your priority list. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif It's the same as mine *I wish those hackers didn't take the source code for Half-Life 2, we'd have the game by now if not....wouldn't we*. And I've been waiting for a Doom III for a long time. And the new features in Halo 2 will be outstanding as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider, I agree.......no *serious* gamer would say it is "the best game ever". But, it has done good for the FPS genre, it at least deserves that much credit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm just tired of the let's bash Halo game, no game that is worth recognition deserves that, not even.....Grand Theft Auto *gets smacked by a flying squadron of birds*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

I could very well bash, say, Devil May Cry *not that I would*.....but look what it did to the action/adventure genre. It opened up new ideas.

Unless it completely sucked like Kabuki Warriors........oh blah, probably a lot of the complaining is personal problems anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-18 23:16 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jun 19, 2004, 05:20 AM
to those that say halo legendary mode is difficult:

when you play FPS semi-professionally, the damn thing is nothing but a test in hiding and aiming. (with a little timing mixed in sparsely) its no different in a CAL match for Cstrike, or playing halo. theyre the same when you get down to the basics, which is where every game is won or lost. yes, i breezed through it, only getting hit six or seven times because i got too cocky. but aside from that, when the game is drawn out to those levels of gameplay, it breaks down horribly. same thing with Cstrike, doom, half-life (and the whole shabang that goes with it), timesplitters, ad infinitum. what im saying is that the game is overly simple the "higher" the gameplay level is. no matter how complex it is at face value.

on the "groundbreaking" things halo did:

Melee: as said before, wolfenstein(i think) and MoH beat halo to the punch.

vehicles: if you want to get technical, half-life had driveable vehicles (although very shallow drive systems). and if that, battlefield 1942, which came out on PC about the same area of time as halo.

graphics: yeah, its pretty to look at, and yeah, to my knowledge, it had the best graphics of the time, so yay, gold star for pretty-ness! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

multiplayer: on consoles, playstation has halo beat time-wise, and im not going to say anything about on PC, since thats no real competition.

on anything else:

yep, im an anti-halo zealot. have a nice day =D

DarthFomar
Jun 19, 2004, 05:43 AM
On 2004-06-19 03:20, KaFKa wrote:
yes, i breezed through it, only getting hit six or seven times because i got too cocky.

There's no way on hell's earth, you beat Legendary *all of it, and in solo*, and only got hit 6 times alone; nor 6 times in one mission for that fact. That's like saying: "I didn't die at all in Ninja Gaiden *normal mode*nor did I loose extreme amounts of health". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

It doesn't matter if you are taking cover.....the moment you step out to confront your enemy *in legendary*, they attack you with awestoundingly deadly aim. They take as much, if not more, damage than you do. Whatever you dish out still severely depletes the ammo *depending on the enemy count*. And there isn't that much ammo in Legendary. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

No one can truely *breeze* through Legendary unless they are cheating. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Not even Fatality, the Ultimate Quake III/UT2k4 player, could go through Halo only getting hit 6 or 7 times. That's just rediculous. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-19 03:44 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jun 19, 2004, 07:38 AM
darth, im not sure if youre familiar with Cstrike terms, but what youre saying is that (in Cstrike terms) 3D wisp can't take a 14-man team of CPL players without getting touched. (3D wisp being THE best Cstrike player on earth, and CPL being the highest league in Cstrike) and its been done.

if you dont believe me, set me up some plane tickets and ill do it in front of you if you like. and that im serious about. halo is a joke from a gameplay standpoint.

(oh, and saying theyre amazingly accurate means they have a 12-odd% chance to miss a target. thats abhorable accuracy. i mean seriously, if they were accurate they would hit every time)

i could go on and on for hours comparing halo to different games gameplay-wise.

Outrider
Jun 19, 2004, 09:37 AM
Let's calm down, guys.

How about we just make fun of Doom III? It's so much easier and so much more fun.

DarthFomar
Jun 19, 2004, 09:28 PM
On 2004-06-19 05:38, KaFKa wrote:
darth, im not sure if youre familiar with Cstrike terms, but what youre saying is that (in Cstrike terms) 3D wisp can't take a 14-man team of CPL players without getting touched. (3D wisp being THE best Cstrike player on earth, and CPL being the highest league in Cstrike) and its been done.

if you dont believe me, set me up some plane tickets and ill do it in front of you if you like. and that im serious about. halo is a joke from a gameplay standpoint.

(oh, and saying theyre amazingly accurate means they have a 12-odd% chance to miss a target. thats abhorable accuracy. i mean seriously, if they were accurate they would hit every time)

i could go on and on for hours comparing halo to different games gameplay-wise.

For one thing.......Counter-Strike is nothing like Halo, obviously.

In Counter-Strike you slow down and you have a diversity of guns for the whole team. Halo doesn't do any of that.

Domination in Counter-Strike isn't the hardest thing to obtain *as long as you work as a team*.

There are no teams in single player Halo *legendary*. You are by yourself. And the NPC aim is a lot more accurate than most *if not more* humans are, as far as mouse-less wise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I am extremely accurate with a mouse, but I'm about the same with a controller. And I've beaten legendary, it was fun, it was challenging, I love FPS games, and it was harder than most games that I've played on the highest difficulties. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

There is no doubting you've beaten Legendary. But there is serious serious doubt that you beat legendary only getting hit 6 times *which is virtually impossible*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

My close friend Michael *Perfuse* from High School is a friend of "Fatality". The next time they have a tourney together I could ask him to ask Fatality if he's ever in a blue moon, "beaten Halo on Legendary without getting barely a scratch *6 or 7 hits, through 10 or so full levels*".
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

"Fatality" may be the best FPS player in the known world, but I highly doubt even he can claim something as impossible as that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

If you want his official word for it. I will try and locate his site and send it to you in pm. Then find his email and ask the big question. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-06-20 00:12 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 20, 2004, 07:33 PM

Halo was literally a break-through when it was first released. It had vehicles......quake didn't, it has the gun-bash feature. There's a few main differences. Want more, go read the official website *features section*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Quake is completely different from Halo, just as Halo is completely different from Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament 2004.

People that bash Halo may as well bash the original Doom while they're at it. Seems they have something in common.......they literally took FPS games to the next level. There was no melee weapon fighting in FPS games before Halo, nor were there vehicles that you could actually pilot like an actual racing/flying game. In Doom's case, there was no such thing as an FPS before it came along........... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'm not a rabid Halo fanatic *at least I don't think I am http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*.......but I can surely appreciate the light it has shown upon the industry. And yes it does get boring after several, upon several hours of play. But, doesn't a majority of games these days tend to do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If i remember rightly, 'Terminator: Skynet' had drivable viehicles back in 1996. Quake and several other games had melee weapons (Quake had the crappy axe).

I wasnt to impressed with Halo when i played it. It was more of a 'bughunt' game like alot of the old FPS'. Yeah, that might encourage the 'then old fps were shit' arguement, but alot of those games were released over a decade ago and have advanced from purely having the 'run down corridors shooting everything' formula that the older games had.

The storyline was the biggest disapointment for me. I was told it was an epic sci fi shooter when in the end it was some fairly sub standard cutscens that did its best to link things together. I didnt even realise Master Chief had a personality up into the forth chaptetr when he finally did talk. There was alot of thigns that could have been improoved on that game and i hate it when people say it was the ebst game ever. Good game in some ways, but definalty not the best game ever.

I am however looking forward to what the sequal has to offer, as long as it doesnt disapoint like the first did.

Now im off to sober up.

DarthFomar
Jun 21, 2004, 12:17 AM
On 2004-06-20 17:33, Deathscythealpha wrote:
There was alot of thigns that could have been improoved on that game and i hate it when people say it was the ebst game ever. Good game in some ways, but definalty not the best game ever.

Of course it's not the best game ever *anyone can tell you that*........but it's one of the best games of our time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I am however looking forward to what the sequal has to offer, as long as it doesnt disapoint like the first did.

It will be nothing like the first *gameplay-wise, and possibly plot-wise*. Bungie listened to all the feedback and took into account todays market values......and it's been delayed this world over many times, so it should be quite a game *even for the people that don't like Halo*.

SJ
Jun 21, 2004, 02:25 AM
On 2004-06-14 18:37, Mixfortune wrote:
To me, Halo is not the best game ever made. Yes, it's fun, especially multiplayer system link (which we play regularly with our 3 Xboxes... don't ask why we have that many -_-), but it's not worth all the hype it gets still. If I were to ask someone for a good game on Xbox, and the first response I get a majority of the time is "Halo", then that tells me something is a bit wrong with the Xbox... when one of its earliest titles is still trying to pull everything.

While true, it could be said the same for Super Smash Brothers: Melee for the Gamecube, there are still a bit more games that are at least recommended for those getting the system. I suppose it depends on your outlook, but Halo is pulling more weight than it really should. It's not a good sign if it's pulling as much weight in the fanbase as this.

I really like halo but no, it isnt the best game ever, I prefer stuff like zelda.
And dont get me started SSBM and Luigis mansion (or whateva) are my two most hated games (except some really bad xbox and ps games), they both suck, especialy SSBM, this game is so fucking boring.
Fighting games are generaly boring, I still like them though.
I know this is all opinion, and I dont no anyone who agrees :/

Outrider
Jun 21, 2004, 02:57 PM
On 2004-06-21 00:25, SJ wrote:
And dont get me started SSBM and Luigis mansion (or whateva) are my two most hated games (except some really bad xbox and ps games), they both suck, especialy SSBM, this game is so fucking boring.

Run and hide in the hills... cause when some people read it, I don't see this ending well for you.

RuneLateralus
Jun 21, 2004, 05:33 PM
I loved Halo. It was the game to get back into FPS after the only good one I played was Goldeneye. Is the best game of all time? No. But of all the games available on the 3 systems, I still find myself going back to play this game every now and then. Not to mention the fact you can only carry two weapons at a time and enemy AI can help make the game different when you play it a different time.

I will say this, I ultimately think that people who use the reason of the controller's size (not the in game controls...the actual system controller) as a way to bad mouth the game should be beaten with a wooden plank for 15 minutes. It is a fucking controller. Of course it will feel odd in your hand at first. You get used to it. I have used over 16 types of controllers and I do well with them all. The controller issue is a low remark in which shows how much of an idiot the person is.

On an unrelated note: I do love how people keep telling me to play a good FPS called Counter-Strike. God, I hate CS. Most overrated piece of shit ever created. Sure, the game is too realistic, but that aspect had it lose a sense of fun for me. It got dull really fast.

Bradicus
Jun 21, 2004, 05:36 PM
On 2004-06-21 12:57, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-06-21 00:25, SJ wrote:

Run and hide in the hills... cause when some people read it, I don't see this ending well for you.

I do have some self control http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DarthFomar
Jun 21, 2004, 05:53 PM
On 2004-06-21 15:33, RuneLateralus wrote:
I will say this, I ultimately think that people who use the reason of the controller's size (not the in game controls...the actual system controller) as a way to bad mouth the game should be beaten with a wooden plank for 15 minutes. It is a fucking controller. Of course it will feel odd in your hand at first. You get used to it. I have used over 16 types of controllers and I do well with them all. The controller issue is a low remark in which shows how much of an idiot the person is.

Even though, you have to admit the "Bart" xbox controller is a little clunky. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

That's why I've upgraded to the "S Controller", it's got a much better design. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I think most people that bash the Xbox *bart* controller don't even realize that there are two different types.....the "s controller" being the dominate, performance wise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I used to hear "I hate xbox man, the controller is horrible".....then I'd tell them about "Controller S" and suddenly their tunes changed, but only a little. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Outrider
Jun 21, 2004, 06:10 PM
I dunno about you, but in my limited use of both controllers, I think that Controller S is much worse. It's designed as if it were a large controller, except that it's small. And the back and start buttons are BELOW THE CONTROL STICK. Ugh. If I ever get an X-Box, I'm tracking down the large controller, because my gigantic hands demand it.

DarthFomar
Jun 21, 2004, 06:21 PM
On 2004-06-21 16:10, Outrider wrote:
I dunno about you, but in my limited use of both controllers, I think that Controller S is much worse. It's designed as if it were a large controller, except that it's small. And the back and start buttons are BELOW THE CONTROL STICK. Ugh. If I ever get an X-Box, I'm tracking down the large controller, because my gigantic hands demand it.

Well, that too. It all depends on preference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If you have big hands you probably want the Bart....otherwise you'll wind up getting your hands on Controller S. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Jun 21, 2004, 09:08 PM
The large Xbox controller is too big for my hands, period. I cannot hit a few of the buttons without shifting my hand around constantly.

The small Xbox controller has such an akward button setup, it is almost worse than the large one. Buttons below the control stick DO NOT WORK. not that they dont function, I just cant stand how ridiculously placed they are. they take me few seconds to remember where they are usually.

But, they are large enough to hold my house down in case of a tornado, thats a good point i suppose. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Bradicus
Jun 22, 2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah microsoft, we get it. You're a big strong gaming company... But did you need to take the start button away from the middle?

I press plastic every time i play X-box >_<

Suppose i'll get used to it one of these days.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 22, 2004, 09:09 AM
You know i was never really too bothered with the standared Xbox controller. When i started using it i didnt notice the size at all. The only thing that maybe felt wierd was the 'roundness' of the grips (i was used to the DC Controller that you could wrap your fingers around), but i got used to that in the end. I tried the S Controller and ironically felt it was a bit to small...

MrLostman
Jun 22, 2004, 08:08 PM
I have ranted before about how much I am sick of hearing about Halo and how I harbor a deep, long running hatred for this damn game. So I think we will not go there, okay? Dont ask why I hate the thing so much, because I hate repeating myself on this matter. So in conclusion, Halo 2 should join Duke Nukem Forever on the list of things we hope to see but never will.

DarthFomar
Jun 22, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-06-22 18:08, MrLostman wrote:
I have ranted before about how much I am sick of hearing about Halo and how I harbor a deep, long running hatred for this damn game. So I think we will not go there, okay? Dont ask why I hate the thing so much, because I hate repeating myself on this matter. So in conclusion, Halo 2 should join Duke Nukem Forever on the list of things we hope to see but never will.

The same could be said for many many games. Ummm like the beloved GTA series.....there's so many games and not everyone can like them all *hell some people even have bad tastes in games* but we won't go there either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Rainbowlemon
Jun 23, 2004, 06:50 AM

On an unrelated note: I do love how people keep telling me to play a good FPS called Counter-Strike. God, I hate CS. Most overrated piece of shit ever created. Sure, the game is too realistic, but that aspect had it lose a sense of fun for me. It got dull really fast.

*nods vigorously*

*continues to nod vigorously*

Also, Kafka, I agree that if you are good at FPS, some bit of Halo Legendary can be a breeze. However, firstly, there is NO WAY you can complete the whole game in Legendary getting hit only 6 times, it is actually physically impossible.

I can't say I'm "the best" at FPS (because that would just be bragging http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) but I'm up there in the upper regions of the league of good players, and in multiplayer, with a friend to back me up, we tried to beat the whole game without dying once. We got to Assault on the control room, and died half-way from a stray grenade. This is, after ploughing our way through the previous levels, gettin hit very often, and very often having to duck behind objects to regenerate shields.

So, you see, you simply CANNOT say you achieved what you said you did and KNOW that you are telling the truth, because you know you're not, and anyone else who has played Legendary also knows you're lying.

*phew*

Oh, also, I agree that Halo isn't the best game ever created, but it terms of FPS, it's definately a worthy competitor - Good gameplay, nice vareity of weapons, beautiful graphics and fairly impressive AI. Ok, so the story doesn't suit some people, but it has definately been thought out...so what's the story for Counterstrike again?

~ Antimony

DarthFomar
Jun 23, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-06-23 04:50, Antimony wrote:

*nods vigorously*

*continues to nod vigorously*

Also, Kafka, I agree that if you are good at FPS, some bit of Halo Legendary can be a breeze. However, firstly, there is NO WAY you can complete the whole game in Legendary getting hit only 6 times, it is actually physically impossible.

I can't say I'm "the best" at FPS (because that would just be bragging http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) but I'm up there in the upper regions of the league of good players, and in multiplayer, with a friend to back me up, we tried to beat the whole game without dying once. We got to Assault on the control room, and died half-way from a stray grenade. This is, after ploughing our way through the previous levels, gettin hit very often, and very often having to duck behind objects to regenerate shields.

So, you see, you simply CANNOT say you achieved what you said you did and KNOW that you are telling the truth, because you know you're not, and anyone else who has played Legendary also knows you're lying.

*phew*

Agreed. I've beaten Legendary and gotten the extra cutscene......I found it very rewarding too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I died at least 10 times in *Legendary* solo mode. It's not a breeze what-so-ever. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, also, I agree that Halo isn't the best game ever created, but it terms of FPS, it's definately a worthy competitor - Good gameplay, nice vareity of weapons, beautiful graphics and fairly impressive AI. Ok, so the story doesn't suit some people, but it has definately been thought out...so what's the story for Counterstrike again?

~ Antimony

I whole-heartedly agree with that. It is one of the best FPS games to date. Though Time Splitters 2 is fun as hell.......I still like Halo just as much. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

PaleKid15
Jun 27, 2004, 02:01 PM
On the topic of a challenging FPS, since i have a crappy PC, and gaming PC's can get pretty expensive, I'd just like to bring up XIII. Seriously, as far as FPS go, this is the most ifficult (and thus most fun) FPS I have played. Not to mention an interesting storyline, good voice acting, original graphics (1/2 cel shaded games i don't hate), and the multi player s pretty fun.

Kadavreski
Jun 27, 2004, 02:07 PM
On 2004-06-14 16:43, Cannibal-Snowman wrote:
I kinda agree with you. Halo is overrated, but it's still fun when you play it with friends. I think the single player mode is similar to most FPS games, but the multiplayer is awesome.

While I don't think Halo is a good game, I don't think it's bad either. It's just fun to play.

But then again, my opinion probably doesn't matter.

no, it does, and i'll agree with you

TS2, on the other hand

Ness
Jun 27, 2004, 03:16 PM
I really like Halo. It's not the best game ever (that title goes to Morrowind), but it still is a very good game. It's the best FPS I've ever played.

Kadavreski
Jun 27, 2004, 03:29 PM
what about ts2. morrowind...come on...its obvious what the best game ever is, and thats ssx 3

Ness
Jun 27, 2004, 03:36 PM
On 2004-06-27 13:29, mechgun_mike wrote:
what about ts2. morrowind...come on...its obvious what the best game ever is, and thats ssx 3

TS 2? As for SSX, I've never been a fan of sports game.

PaleKid15
Jun 27, 2004, 04:28 PM
Tricky > 3, the open ended style of 3 made it too much of a hassle to play, especially for a sports game. And the SSX series is good, but not even in most peoples top 10. And, i will reluctantly agree that there is no best game ever, because there are WAY too many variables to cinsider when giving such a title.

Link00seven
Jun 27, 2004, 11:24 PM
On 2004-06-17 18:09, lain2k3 wrote:

The only reasons I would want an Xbox are for Panzer dragoon orta, and, >_> DOA: XBV <_<

That's a very scary comment, as THAT is defently a shitty game (not Panzar, DOA:XB) However, Xbox has better games then you might think (Pandora Tomorrow comes to mind)

To comment on your opinons on Halo, i'm surprised to see so much bashing. Your all entitled to your own opinions, but the game isnt really as bad as you make it out. And yes, i've played Counter Strike, I've played Unreal, I've played Quake...etc

I've had a blast on Halo Multiplayer, especially if you use Xbox Connect to take it online. And if the game really requires no skill, then how the hell can I barly beat the game on Heroic, let alone Legendary? Don't even say its because I suck either, the game isnt as easy as you make it out to be.

Now, i'm not saying Halo is the best FPS, i'm not saying that Halo is the best game, i'm just saying its good, and is defently a worthy title I would recommend to most.

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 08:27 AM
I agree, it's not the BEST game ever, and the campain is very boring after you've beaten it a couple times, and I never thought the graphics were anywhere close to the standard DOA3 set. But the multiplayer is the creme de la creme of FPS's, I couldn't think of a game with better multiplayer. I am a fanboy, of Xbox, and of Halo, but I don't feel that there really is a best game EVER ever e. v. e. r. bah, that's all BS, until Halo 2 comes out, it has the graphics of DOA3 and even better gameplay than Halo, but that's just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

Also, about the controller, I HATE hearing "oh boo-hoo, the controller is too big, waaah, my little puny, 8 year old hands are too small (in some cases it's a 17 year old man, with bigger hands than my own) boo-hoo." I'm fricken 14 and I find the controller to be very suiting to my hands, and very comfortable, much easier to play with for long periods of time. I used to own a Playstation, those controllers were WAY too small, my hands would cramp up because of how small they were, and the contorting it takes of the hands to make it work. And do NOT get me started on the GC controller, can you say reverse-ergonomics?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-06-28 06:32 ]</font>

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 08:34 AM
Personally I think the storyline needs some serious work. However, multiplayer of 4 or above in a shoot 'em up is teh best with Halo IMO.

No offence, but how in my God's name can you think the storyline needs work? It's probably the best storyline I've ever seen in a video game, espically if you read the Books, they are pretty good books as well if you like sci-fi and war novels. The storyline is considered one of the SELLING POINTS of halo. Gah...........

Ness
Jun 28, 2004, 08:45 AM
Indeed. It has a better storyline than some RPG's.