PDA

View Full Version : I don't....feel good...

Gnarled_rose
Jun 15, 2004, 08:32 AM
I had a dream where the world was ending...the sky was all orangy and parts of it were melting. The ground cracked open and water started rushing in...I ended up being all alone while everyone was safely locked away...and I was okay with it.
This has become a disturbing trend for me: near death experiences evoke a kind of "I'm ready." feeling. I mean, I really am okay with it, but I wish I had something to "stick around" for...it's really sort of depressing, knowing there's nothing that comes to mind that's keeping you here besides gravity and strict religious principles...

P.S. It turns out when the world ends, there's going to be a period of an hour or so before the world actually ends where the vending machines don't work...which really sucks, because I could have used a Crunch bar right then...

SpikeOtacon
Jun 15, 2004, 09:01 AM
On 2004-06-15 06:32, Gnarled_rose wrote:

P.S. It turns out when the world ends, there's going to be a period of an hour or so before the world actually ends where the vending machines don't work...which really sucks, because I could have used a Crunch bar right then...

Have crowbar, will eat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah, near death dreams are quite strange. I doubt it's saying that you are ok with dying. It could mean that maybe you feel that your life is just falling apart, among other things. Just don't try to think about it so much, yeah?

RFB
Jun 15, 2004, 09:11 AM
I wish I had something to "stick around" for...it's really sort of depressing, knowing there's nothing that comes to mind that's keeping you here besides gravity and strict religious principles...

Congratulations, you have achieved the real meaning of life: None. Specially if you are a non believer, like me. Life just comes and leaves, and that is the sad true.

Kupi
Jun 15, 2004, 09:48 AM
It may be sad, RFB, but be very careful about calling it "true." There's a great deal of society that would disagree with you, myself included.

Personally, I'd say that this dream, and the trend it represents, could be indicative of some kind of psychological condition. I guarantee you that there is no problem that a human being has ever suffered alone, and the Internet makes it very easy to find people who are experiencing the same thing. I'd recommend trying to find them, and a possible solution if it strikes you as a problem.

Best wishes, whatever you may do.

FOAtHeart
Jun 15, 2004, 09:51 AM
Whenever I'm in a dream where the world is ending, I'm the one who is screaming and flailing their arms around.

"WE ALL GON DIIIIIIIE!"

It's funny how these dreams happen.

<.<

RFB
Jun 15, 2004, 09:57 AM
On 2004-06-15 07:48, Kupi wrote:
It may be sad, RFB, but be very careful about calling it "true." There's a great deal of society that would disagree with you, myself included.

I have lived in an ambient with a total different opinion of life, trying to make me switch sides for about... hmm I am 20 years old, I entered into a religious teaching institution at the age of 2, and then my parents signed me up for the Jesus Company school in my town, until I was 19, so... 17 years of my life. In a religious environment. I know that a huge part of the society disagrees with me, and I care no longer about it. My opinion is that life is senseless, and after death there is nothing, dot.

astuarlen
Jun 15, 2004, 10:08 AM
Hey, don't take your dreams so seriously. I hate all that "dreams have hidden symbolism" or "dreams reflect your inner personality" hogwash. >_< The dreaming you, as far as I'm concerned, is not the waking or real you. And that's a really good thing, because I always have dreams about people chasing me or trying to kill me where I just give up and let them shoot me in the head. >_> wtf? I think dreams are just a product of what you've experienced the previous day(s) and old memories all mixed up together. So don't worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DruidMettool
Jun 16, 2004, 03:42 PM
Are you Buddhist? If so, I think you may have reached an enlightenment.

If you're not Buddhist, then I think it's stress portrayl through your dreams. I'veh ad many stress-portrayl dreams like this before....

An Example would be one of me lying nearly dead on the ground, and people walking by me, not caring...

Sord
Jun 16, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-06-15 08:08, astuarlen wrote:
Hey, don't take your dreams so seriously. I hate all that "dreams have hidden symbolism" or "dreams reflect your inner personality" hogwash. >_< The dreaming you, as far as I'm concerned, is not the waking or real you. And that's a really good thing, because I always have dreams about people chasing me or trying to kill me where I just give up and let them shoot me in the head. >_> wtf? I think dreams are just a product of what you've experienced the previous day(s) and old memories all mixed up together. So don't worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The reason the "dreams have hidden symbolism" thing is thought to be true is because dreams occur when your nerves along you spine let out a large, random amounts of electrical surges to the brain. These are always random, never occuring in the same way. The brain interprets these signals, and that's a dream. The fact that you can have the same dream with completely diffrent signals is somewhat bizzare, and so there must be a reason for interpreting diffrent signals the same way, and that's where the whole "dreams have hidden symbolism." It's actually true in some people, isecure people are said to have dreams where things are always lost, having no clothes in public, and locking everything and stuff.

Any ways, I have dreams where I actually die, but I have "lucid dreaming" which is where you know your dreaming. I have not however tried to alter my dreams with anything aside my dream self. It leads to funny results, such as when you pack 100 pair of plastic dollar store sun-glasses to keep safe from a tornado that's coming, and then check to see if you can pack yourself in the box. Then i went and sat on the lake bed and watched the gigantic tornado coming. When it got really close, this moses looking guy stood up on a bluff and shouted "In the name of God!" at the tornado, aiming his staff at it as if to stop it. Instead, fire came from the staff and went into the tornado. So now we a giant spiralling fire. So, yeah, everyone died, and we went onto the next dream where I sat on a hill and watched military shoot up a large crowd of revolters.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 16, 2004, 04:10 PM
On 2004-06-15 08:08, astuarlen wrote:
I think dreams are just a product of what you've experienced the previous day(s) and old memories all mixed up together. So don't worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

That's more or less what it is; more specifically, they have to do with what's been on your mind as of late, and how you feel about these things. I've recently theorized that when you are dreaming, you do not have any specific information about what's going on, but rather, you just get a general impression from finely detailed emotional responses. Any imagery that results from it, is made afterward while remembering and rationalizing it.

In the case of recurring themes, it might be suggested that the theme in question has something to do with something that has been on your mind as of late. If the dreams are unpleasant, then it's certainly dealing with something that's been bugging you. In Gnarled's case, his mind has chosen to rationalize the scene involved by comparing it to an apocolyptic event.

Evil_Althena8
Jun 16, 2004, 07:09 PM
On 2004-06-15 07:11, RFB wrote:

I wish I had something to "stick around" for...it's really sort of depressing, knowing there's nothing that comes to mind that's keeping you here besides gravity and strict religious principles...

Congratulations, you have achieved the real meaning of life: None. Specially if you are a non believer, like me. Life just comes and leaves, and that is the sad true.

tsk, tsk, tsk, oppressed pessimists these days. If you had something to believe in, something to do with your life, or someone to love, you wouldn't be saying that. And you will eventually find yourself with one of those things, and your view will change.